[SeMissourian.com] Overcast ~ 38°F  
River stage: 14.47 ft. Falling
Friday, Dec. 19, 2014
Post reply Read replies (7) More threads Create thread

Toys For Tots - Help Needed In Cape Area Effort
Posted by bbollmann on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 9:39 AM:

From the Marine Corps League:

I am going to need a considerable amount of help in the next 10 days. Toy request forms are coming in from the Div. of Social Services offices, and the need is great. I found out this past week that at least 2 of the 4 county Social Services offices will not help with distribution of toys due to staff/budget cutbacks. I have lined up alternative distribution sites, but we will need to contact the families by telephone of where and when to pick up toys.

Read more...

http://CapeCountyTeaParty.org/2012/12/10...

Replies

My daughter is singing in the TSO Tribute. They will be at Pitters this Sat, and Perry Park Center on 12/21 and 12/22. Admission is $10, and $1 goes to Toys for Tots. A good time is guarenteed for all. Shows start at 7 pm. Be there, or Scrooge you!

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 4:48 PM

Be sure to mark on the box "Not to be Returned to Store" and scratch out the bar code. Some lousy parents take the toys back to the store for beer and drug money.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 6:58 PM

You got to watch some of those parents they been known to sell those toys that there child received from a organization and your right Regret the parents then buy there beer and drugs with the money. Correct, Regret by marking out the "bar code" and writing "Not to be Returned to Store".

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:41 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.