The usual Democrat hypocrisy.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 9:40 PM:

Harry is one of the best at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTwcrYgo...

Replies

Here's one that will get your goat. I had other things to say but I removed them.

"Rural America no longer relevant".

"It's time for us to have an adult conversation with folks in rural America" They did and we decided they were wrong.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 9:55 PM
  • "... said Vilsack. "It isn't just the differences of policy. It's the fact that rural America with a shrinking population is becoming less and less relevant to the politics of this country, and we had better recognize that and we better begin to reverse it.""

Regret, I've never been a fan of Vilsack but this article sounds like it is trying to spin his position a bit.

I do believe the problems farmers have with the Dept of Agri stem from a far too emcompassing beuracracy. The most important role of gov regarding farming should be the encouragement of free trade of the yield, not paying people not to farm or what to plant/raise.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 11:01 PM
  • Regret: I believe what the Secretary is saying the way I read it and I might be wrong, is that America better bring rural America back to the fore front and that they are very important to our Nation. Now, maybe I'm wrong on how I read his message.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 6:07 AM

Swamp

Maybe I took it the wrong way. I will have to talk to Mr. Crown about that.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 9:49 AM
  • Spaniard, Shall we count up all the cities that have prospered under liberal democrat politics?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 10:20 AM

Old John,

If you do enumerate them for Ike, maybe you would like to start with my all time favorite, Detroit. And you could throw a clip in there from the black lady councilperson who is wanting Obama to "Bring Home the Bacon".

Yeah.... let's rebuild Detroit, so it looks like Hiroshima does today! Then turn the same crew loose to run it and see how long it takes them to destroy it this time. My bet is the construction crews cannot keep up with the unofficial wrecking crews. That would be a good fix for unemployment... they would never run out of work in Detroit.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 10:40 AM
  • Democrats are always smarter than republicans, just ask one.

Wheels, I remember that video and spin some tried to put on it.

Some things haven't changed since the days of Barry Farber and The Black Avenger. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 12:39 PM

Rural america will just keep getting poorer and dumber voting GOP. Just look at the 8th Congressional district.

-- Posted by Spaniard on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 9:52 AM

And look at Harlem. The people chose to stay in a area that doesn't have very many opportunities. BTW those people got that way by the Democrat machine down there by keeping them down and available as cheap seasonal labor.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 4:41 PM

Update 600K added to food stamp roles in September. I sure am glad things are getting better.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 4:52 PM
  • I guess smarter and wealthier is spending your childrens future and voting for a dead democrat.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 11:46 PM
  • Me thinks if the liberal democrats like Ike, Dexterite and their buddies would move out of the 8th district the intelligence level would raise significantly.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 7:53 AM

Now, Mowrangler, you know it isn't nice to tell the truthon that liberal crowd. It's best to leave them alone to suffer from their own delusions.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 8:22 AM

Mo,

Reminds me of what they used to say about squaring off the southern border of Missouri and what it what do to the IQ level of the two states.

But I didn't start that story.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 8:48 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: