[SeMissourian.com] Light Rain Fog/Mist ~ 56°F  
Wind Advisory
Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014
Post reply Read replies (36) More threads Create thread

This is so dangerous ....
Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 5:44 PM:

The constitution means nothing to gov't or it's politicians with the exception of when it can be used to further their agenda.

Replies

It looks as if both parties want to raise taxes on the wealthy. I wonder which way will raise the most revenue from the productive class.

Read my lips, no new taxes.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 7:48 PM

"Vice President Joe Biden again laid out the White House's terms"

Biden is not my idea of a good spokesman for fiscal matters. He couldn't even take care of his own. BTW this is the same budget even his own party turned down last time.

Soak the rich doesn't work. But why would anyone doubt the wealth of the financial brain trust the Obama folks have over history.

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/do-the...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 8:37 PM

Looks like both parties want to soak the rich.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 8:53 PM

BC

They will have to soak everyone soon.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 9:31 PM

I see something wrong headed in local government thinking when things are tight. When people have less to spend, government collects less in sales tax so the first reaction is to take away more of folks money to make up for the loss. The more they take, the less is spent and less tax collected.

On a national level the best thing would be to lower or eliminate corporate taxes, lower income taxes to the minimum and cut back on the give-aways that favor one particular behavior over another through deductions, [no that doesn't mean charitable deductions] back off on the regulations to point where business knows where it stands and let the economy ramp up.

Where's Ross Perot with his charts when we need him?

That giant sucking sound may soon be relaced with the sound of stretching leather as producers and consumers tighten belts on expansion and spending.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 11:27 PM

Regret, They will tax the people into poverty through the printing press. Inflation of the money supply is a hidden tax that everyone pays. The Government, government contractors, and large banks benefit from this tax.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 12:41 AM

"

Under the current law, employers with more than 50 full-time (or equivalent) workers will be charged a penalty for the number of employees exceeding 30 full-time staffers who are not covered. With an average of 35 full-time employees per location, Metz said the $2,000 penalty would total roughly $70,000 per restaurant.

Thank god Common and Spaniard can get free healthcare that's not free.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 11:51 AM

Rick

Its hard to be in a continuing training situation. The thing that hits home is everybody is wondering how much it will really cost.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 12:11 PM

Wheels, A responsible business owner should be able to factor in reasonable cost of doing business and stay competitive without whining about fair compensation for employees.

[I'm posting this for Me'Lange as she must be to busy shopping at Kohls to weigh in] :) :) :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 1:02 PM

Rick

I've been there and you are right. It takes about 6 months for a person to get accustomed to their work. If people hate getting bad service at these places they had better get ready for a lot more.

" A responsible business owner should be able to factor in reasonable cost of doing business and stay competitive without whining about fair compensation for employees".

Then tell me what the cost is going to be and I will. The bad thing is there will be companies that underestimate the costs and they will be hit hard. The whole thing is gonna cost the public in more taxes and about a 8% rise in costs. People like Conman and crew think business will absorb it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 4:05 PM

Looks like the current Admin. won't be happy until they have taxed all industry out of this country.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 6:44 PM

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 4:21 PM

That's the problem. They don't know anything about business. All they know is tax until they kill the golden goose. The public gets to pay it but seems to not understand that.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 7:16 PM

I haven't been "weighting in" as much because all SO discussions... by the same handful of posters who bully anyone who holds a differing opinion. Suspect this is the reason so many other posters have grown bored -- Posted by Me'Lange on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 4:02 PM

That's a shame if true. I'm from right here in the 8th district and post in the liberal lions den of the St. Louis Post Dispatch and on occasion I post with an account with the San Francisco newspapers. Imagine posting with 100 Commons, 50 Spaniards, 75 username1s, 80 Me'Langes and 100 Theorists - a liberal democrat heaven. Doesn't deter me. If you can't hold a candle to other posters then it would be tough.

Again with the bullying thing. If you can't handle criticism of your opinion or position then may I suggest you post at the San Francisco Examiner? Or at Nickleodeons site? You'll feel warm and fuzzy and receive no challenges to your thoughts. Kinda sounds like this president. Not comfortable with anyone challenging his thoughts or opinions.

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 8:22 PM

Still on the fence Mel?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 9:35 PM

Me'Lange, Some of your thread topics went long and stirred good discussion. Don't confuse being picked on with bullying. Glad to hear you are still reading.

Regret, As you have pointed out before, the real damper on business is not knowing what's coming.. kind of hard to have a game plan if you don't know what the game is going to be.

Wheels, We could take that idea further by listing on the customer menu the cost of other regulations too. Handicap access, city, state and county license, hazmat and OSHA compliance monitoring service, workers comp ins, employer SS contribution etc.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 11:14 PM

-- Posted by Me'Lange on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 8:50 PM

Thank you for proving mine. Someone responds with a point that is counter to yours and "blah blah blah" is your response. You need to find a site where everyone agrees with you so you aren't "bullied".

I have agreed with you and posted such in the past but you would never know would you?

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 11:31 PM

Wheels, "Stay calm Dad!". :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 12:35 AM

I believe that this administration should have a disclaimer on everything they do. "Do Not try this at Home."

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 12:27 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.