4. Medicare Part D

5. Sarbanes Oxley

6. EISA 2007

7. TARP

8. Cash for Clunkers

9. Omnibus 2009

10. NDAA

Replies

"8. Cash for Clunkers -- Incentive to help the auto industry and save jobs. It worked! Despite the nay-sayers, sales are still increasing years later."

Source please.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:07 PM

No 11: Keeping her name Emerson even after remarrying. Pretty sure she didn't wed another one.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:18 PM

Cash for clunkers drove up the price for affordable cars during bad times.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:20 PM

I wonder...how much did "they" paid her to "retire".

How many millions did she spend to run for Congress this last time? I forgot.

Who will be her replacement? Another yes-man/woman.

I see Mel still has her head in the sand. (Hi, Mel) :)

-- Posted by dchannes on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:56 PM

All the folks that were elected by the people in the November elections should stay where they are at and not consider running for this seat, have respect for the people's trust they gave you by electing you to a Public Office just last month. It is a slap in the people's face when a person considers running for this position right after they were hired by the majority of the people just one month ago. Have respect for the people for once.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:09 AM

8. Cash for Clunkers -- Incentive to help the auto industry and save jobs. It worked! Despite the nay-sayers, sales are still increasing years later.

This little program cost American Taxpayers $24,000 per vehicle sold. And only increased sales by 125,000 units.

Me' Lange explain how cash for clunkers is helping sales years later?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:24 AM

dab lots of professional women keep their last name the same. Seems like it's more of a problem with you than her current husband.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 7:27 AM

Well BC aren't we all supposed to be looking out for our own welfare? Unless you want to nurse on the teat of government your whole life.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:01 AM

BC,

We all saddle up to the public trough. Even Ted Kaczynski used the US Postal Service.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:00 AM

Me' Lange can't you support your arguement about Cash for Clunkers or have you run out of ammunition again?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 6:14 AM

Yeah and air guns is even cheaper.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:13 AM

The problem with "cash for clunkers" or "GM bailout" or "stimulus" is this...

WE HAVE NO MONEY.

If Obama could have run up DOUBLE the debt in his first term - let's say $12 TRILLION - and unemployment would have dropped to 5% then liberals would be saying "Wow, what a great, strategic, intelligent man this is. Look - he got unemployment down to 5%". At what cost? Just a minor detail to democrats.

All of these programs are touted on and on by liberals and by the MSM as "look at what this great thinker Obama has done for our economy" and never a word or thought about the debt. The auto bailout still owes US over $25 BILLION. Even the Huffington Post wrote an article this past August that the costs are higher. Look at the TRILLIONS in debt Obama ran up and the failures of his green *giveaways* to big campaign donors. Again:

WE HAVE NO MONEY. It's ALL a failure...

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 9:15 AM

8. Cash for Clunkers -- Incentive to help the auto industry and save jobs. It worked! Despite the nay-sayers, sales are still increasing years later.-- Posted by Me'Lange on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 12:41 PM

I see you skipped the hard question. At a loss of over $25 BILLION in US taxpayer money you still consider this as "It worked!"?

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 12:51 PM

Regarding cash for clunkers, I wonder where the libs would be if gov would initiate a program to add to the trade-in of general aviation privately owned planes for the purpose of scrapping the trade-ins and getting newer more fuel efficient planes in the air.

As far as saving the auto industry, GM and Chrysler are a small part of the total auto industry. What was saved was the auto industry unions.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 6:42 PM

Rick Lately the news reported last nigh that DeMint will get a nice little raise. From 130K to around 1 million. Can't say I dont blame him for leaving.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:01 PM

Mow, And these folks ask me for help in financing what they do.

If that amount of salary is correct, it's kind of hypocritical when they chide polititions for inside money deals. I have no problem with anyone earning big money but not when they ask me to fund it.

Reminds me of my dismay when I took a credit app for a Red Cross manager making four times what I did.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:13 PM

Is the Heritage foundation an old Rev Jerry Falwell idea?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 5:59 AM

These people quitting congress and going to a better paying position you can't really blame them go from $174,000.00 annually to a million a year and have less headache and not be bashed every day by the public pretty smart if you ask me.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 6:16 AM

I totally agree swamp. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:17 AM

All you got to do is say you are planning to run for another office in the future and keep those campaign funds in tact to pay for another inaugral ball. Gov Nixon may even attend.

As far as the Heritage Foundation, goes back to the days of real conservatives, older than the moral majority. They do have some good reading or preaching to the quire so to speak.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:48 AM

Obama hasn't started his second term and people are already talking about his 2016 replacement.

Why do we not hear anyone talking about Emerson's replacement. Will it be a shoe in for one of the party bosses favorite or is there time and interest in a people supported candidate to make a run?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 8:20 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration:

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.