[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 40°F  
Freeze Warning
Friday, Oct. 31, 2014
Post reply Read replies (27) More threads Create thread

Tell me it aint so. Obamacare costs are already going out of control.
Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:19 PM:

It hasn't even kicked in and states are already seeing a rise of 35% above estimates. All this so Common and Spaniyard can get their so called free healthcare.

"Things aren't going so hot. The State of Minnesota just announced that their exchange has already exceeded cost estimates by 35% before it's even implemented, and the cost to taxpayers is expected to rise another 18% in the first year after implementation."

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/shocker...

Replies

I think our governor has done the right thing by letting it go to the feds.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:23 PM

Everyone with 1/2 a brain knew Obama was lying about the costs. Just like his "fiscal cliff" campaign talks - "We'll discuss cuts after the tax increases". Just another lie.

How do you liberals sleep at night knowing how you've been fooled again? You voted for health care costs INCREASES - own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:26 PM

OJ

Why take on a program that is guaranteed to break the bank? The implosion has started.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:07 PM

Was there really anyone that believed governmentcare would lower costs and actually be cost effective? If so, chalk up another one for our fine government education system.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:24 PM

I didn't predict a lot before the election except this - if Obama wins and the country continues down it's path to financial demise you'll notice the liberals on these threads leaving or hiding out. Looks like I was right about that.

I think they're hiding in their shame for having voted in this empty suit for another 4 years. No more "it's Bush's fault" now. They've got no where to run. Says everything about their character and judgement.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:31 PM

FFF, It's never been about lowering the cost but rather who pays.

Wheels, I think it's about what you mention. It would be hard for states to fight a federal mandate once the states complied.

It don't matter though, we are headed for a single payer system in which more than 5 administrators per doctor is the rule. You want first class medical attention? Submit your request to the man behind the curtian. Your money means nothing here! Papers please,..oh you know the senator?, come right in.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:41 PM

FFF, It's never been about lowering the cost but rather who pays.-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:41 PM

With healthcare costs spiraling out of control, what kind of crap for brains idiot would come up with a plan that deals with who pays, as opposed to a plan that would actually rein in costs?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:57 PM

FFF, I think you know who.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 10:23 PM

You guys lost, get over it, things will get better, see Romney did get to the White House.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 6:03 AM

With respect to the above (and numerous other) comments, talk about a boatload of blind bluster floating on a sea of ill-informed ignorance...

Try this link, it gives you the impact of the Affordable Care Act when you enter some information. For myself, as is most likely the case others that enter valid information, there will be very little change.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/spe...

This link gives a rational outline of major provisions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-2...

Among other benefits, it will reduce the long range deficit.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 9:46 AM

You guys lost, get over it, things will get better, see Romney did get to the White House. -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 6:03 AM

It's funny to see Spaniard, Dexterite1, Howdy (still here), KcClown and other liberals suggesting that people who disagree with Obama "move on" or "get over it".

I believe this post-election period will be much tougher on you far-left democrats and Obama supporters. Once again you "own" it. As unemployment, gas prices, health care costs, inflation and debts RISE again you have to look in the mirror every day and think "I voted for this debacle". When your children/grandchildren suffer for lack of jobs and a lower standard of living you'll be questioning why you voted for all of this.

I sleep very well at night and I, for one, will not stop reminding you of what you have deliberately put into place. On November 6th you signed your name to the coming economic disaster. Own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 10:00 AM

"What was the purpose of the 10 year Affordable Act if "there will be very little change." ??"

Very little change to currently, adequately insured individual. Very positive, signifcant change to uninsured people.

Savings of about a trillion dollars in the deficit in 10 years.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 12:53 PM

Here's something interesting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 1:12 PM

Are there really people in this day and age that actually believe the gov't when it says one of it's programs will lower the deficit? Cut costs? Ensure efficiency? They believe this based on what? The government's track record? Mind blowing. Absolutely mind blowing. The failures of the past should be learned from, not copied and repeated.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 2:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.