[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 71°F  
River stage: 26.66 ft. Rising
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Post reply Read replies (173) More threads Create thread

I love it! Obamanites banned from gun store.
Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 7:37 PM:

This guy ran a full page newspaper ad and posted a sign banning Obama supporters from entering his store.

"If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you're not responsible enough to own a firearm."

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_f...

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-wil...

Replies

He said business is booming now. People need to arm themselves for the impending reduction of benefits to the able bodied leeches.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:02 PM

He would have my business like it or not. Just because he doesn't care for your Lord and Savior doesn't mean he crazy. Maybe you should send an email to Obama about it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:14 PM

Me'Lange, See something-say something, it's the new American patriotism.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:35 PM

"A level- headed business person would NOT do what you described. It is asking for multiple violent confrontations."

Remember. Sales went up dramatically. I call that marketing savvy. Also he is a gun shop owner that is most likely very proficient with his inventory.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:43 PM

BTW I doubt 50% of his buyers are Obamanites.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:46 PM

Kinda like a smoke shop posting not welcome to those that voted a higher tobacco tax.

I wonder if this guy has a Ron Paul sticker on his bumper, owns gold, might be a Libertarian or has any other terrorist potential that should indicate a see something-say something report.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 9:18 PM

Wheels, Nothing like a little stirring the pudd'n to see what floats.:)

Like shoot'n a computer.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 9:56 PM

Only repub nuts are gun nuts to begin with.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:56 AM

Frankly, I think the right wing needs to dig in its heels, crank up the talk radio, and march right along as if Nov, 2012 didn't happen. Forward! -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 7:59 AM

I think so too! I think their message got them 60% of the governships and 60% of the state houses in the last election. Republicans and their message got them a landslide compared to Obama's measly 50.6% win.

Sorry Spaniard but you live in a state (if you're not in a high rise apartment in San Francisco) that is dominated by a republican legislature with a veto-proof majority over the governor. 6 of the 8 US reps are republican in Missouri. And republicans kept the US house of representatives with Boehner at the helm. Forward!

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 8:49 AM

Only repub nuts are gun nuts to begin with. -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:56 AM

Yep - like the Jared Loughner guy that shot his democrat rep in Arizona - a liberal like you. And the guy who shot the security guard in DC because the christian organization was against gay marriage. Many many more examples of liberals like you shooting people over political disagreements. Just keep that head of yours in the Stoddard County sand pits.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 8:57 AM

I actually suspect that the gun industry is secretly a huge Democratic supporter. I realize it is the Republicans who market themselves as the "pro-gun" party but think about how many guns and pallets of ammunition are sold every time a Democrat is elected. Republicans are so effective in instilling fear and paranoia in their base that they make the insides of every gun store across the country look like the bread isle of Wal-Mart after a snowflake is mentioned in the forecast.

-- Posted by DADES on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 9:40 AM

-- Posted by DADES on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 9:40 AM

I actually think it's the reverse. I think that the gun industry is secretly republican. They are business people who actually WORK for a living and pay taxes. Then they stay at home on election day to make more money.

If they were secretly democrat Obama would have made an executive order that everyone in the US must by health insurance and a gun or face a penalty. That's your party's way of "taking care of business" - forced purchase.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:10 AM

"everyone in the US must BUY health insurance"

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:42 AM

But you're OK with gun control from a private citizen right? Vs government enforced government control right?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 12:25 PM

BC,

Do you recall the story regarding the coffee shop in Portland (?) who refused service to law enforcement?

I agree. A shop owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:13 PM

"Republicans are so effective in instilling fear and paranoia in their base that they make the insides of every gun store across the country look like the bread isle of Wal-Mart after a snowflake is mentioned in the forecast."

You nailed it on the head. They will be prepared. Nothing wrong with that. You would be one of the people hoping someone will help you.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 5:23 PM

Warning: Plagerism upcoming.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb to contest the vote.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 8:59 PM

I bet the Obama supporters are crushed about this. Just CRUSHED!

It's more silly stuff from the usual crowd. Good Lord, Rush seems to have the same effect on the same group.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 9:55 PM

Wheels, I started listening to Rush when I was on the road a lot, simply because the radio wouldn't pick up anything else where I was for an hour per day. Back then I didn't know enough about anything he talked about to say he was right or wrong. I still catch part of his show when I'm driving wife's car because it has a POS radio that wont pick up anything but local stations.

He claims to be right 98% or better of the time. My observation is that when he is wrong no more is said about it, but when he is right he is usually right. Even the left never calls him out when he is wrong, but there is hay to pay when he's right.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:58 PM

The libs get really franic when he's right about something. They think he is some kind of threat to their agenda. I think he is a smart guy raking in the bucks impowered by the libs.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 11:20 PM

Rush is one of my favorites! Without a doubt they should be in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, but the old farts running it don't like prog rock.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:12 AM

This thread is hilarious! Can you not see who is being duped! Kudos to this businessman playing off of the fear of others to increase his sales and revenue. I pity those who are deceived.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:46 AM

Who's being deceived and what are they being deceived about?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:06 AM

This thread is hilarious! Can you not see who is being duped! Kudos to this businessman playing off of the fear of others to increase his sales and revenue. I pity those who are deceived. -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:46 AM

Your post is hilarious! Kudos to Obama playing off the fear of others to get re-elected. Since you voted for him:

Stock market down, unemployment up, gas prices heading back up, US dollar down, war-on-women with 9 of 10 Obama cabinet positions held by men - this is what you voted for - own it. And the fiscal cliff you wanted and he signed.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:14 AM

5 of 15 cabinet positions in Obama's administration are women. This Dug guy seems to be wrong alot.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 10:31 AM

I missed one word. Actually it's worse than I posted. 9 of 10 of Obama's top advisors are men. Only one is a women. How about that war on women? His advisors direct him on a day-to-day basis on decisions and his cabinet does not. So the most influential people around Obama are nearly all men. Where's the diversity you voted for? And 5 of 15 cabinet positions means 33% women - yet the country is more like 50/50? The story:

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/11...

Now that you opened your left-leaning mouth, where else have I been wrong? Good luck. I'll await your no-response on that one.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 11:07 AM

BCStoned - I have an ideology. So do you. If your definition of a "politician" is to have a belief in a form of government - any form - then your continuous posts about libertarian and anarchy make you a politician. By your own standards. So we are the same.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 11:10 AM

Now I'm worried about eating at most restaurants in the Cape area. I'm afraid ol Me' Lange will see the sign that says No shirt No food No Service and prove them them that is illegal.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 1:07 PM

Just returned from the shooting range. Didn't see one Obamazombie. Did see the start of well armed citizen army though.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 3:16 PM

I think it's funny how scared the conservatives are of the liberals. It's working. Better go get some more guns. That gun store owner is laughing all the way to the bank. Good for him.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 4:41 PM

I think it's funny how scared the conservatives are of the liberals. -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 4:41 PM

Not scared, just prepared. That's because most of the criminals in this country are liberal Obama supporters - murderers, rapists, thugs, robbers - and no, I'm not going to google that for you or Spaniard. They vote just like you. Funny that.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 4:53 PM

Still waiting on your "no response" left-turn. Are you researching or admitting you're wrong?

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 4:56 PM

Rick

I haven't listened to Rush in years. He lost me back in the 90's. I do like to listen to Neal Boortz who is in the corner of people that work for a buck and hates the leeches and liberal politicians.

User

It is funny to hear people think I was listening to Rush and thought I needed a gun. I had guns when Rush was just a DJ working in Cape.

BTW I picked up a new toy this week. A Smith & Wesson Magnum Model 500. Talk about a hand cannon. When you pull the trigger it will send a thrill up your leg.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:34 PM

Regret,was that you at the range. Someone had a 500 there that sent a Chris Mathews chill up my leg when he let that puppy go. Speaking of puppies-What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy?

The puppy stops whining when he grows up!

-- Posted by dab1969 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:49 PM

Had a chance to buy Dirty Harry in a presentation case one time for $300. Called my brother in law and he knew the model and told me what is was worth. Too easy, had to be hot so I declined.

I kind of like the old 40's made 22 rifles, most had Mo walnut and other details qualifing them as precision workable art in my thinking.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:52 PM

"I kind of like the old 40's made 22 rifles"

The old craftsmanship is long gone in most of them. I thought the resin stocks were neat but it didn't take long to realize the wood stocks gave them character.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 6:26 PM

Old John

I have one of those Model 29 S&W 44 mag. (Dirty Harry's) from the 70's. 40 yrs old and still operates like new. Love the feel of it's power when it kicks upon firing.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 6:41 PM

Oh, and Regret,

I'm envious about your Model 500. Want one but just not ready to drop that kind of cash yet. Maybe after I finish customizing the Harley.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 6:45 PM

When my father in law was in his 90s he showed me a pistol that was given to him as a lad by a really old guy that got it as a young man. He insisted in showing me it still worked like new. I was afraid he was going to blow his hand off with that relic and stepped way back when he fired it. Still worked fine, has to be well over a hundred years old probably had a lot of hand done machining. I've always admired and liked things made better than they had to be to get the job done.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:14 PM

TMI

-- Posted by Me'Lange on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 6:37 PM

Tell that to Chris Mathews.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:21 PM

Can you imagine anyone this ignorant and hateful teaching your impressionable kids in school each day?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 7:49 PM

The public schools are full of them.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Nope.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:19 PM

Funny Wheels, when I think of ignorant, hateful, and nasty, you always come to mind.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:25 PM

BTW I picked up a new toy this week. A Smith & Wesson Magnum Model 500. Talk about a hand cannon. When you pull the trigger it will send a thrill up your leg.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 5:34 PM

Woot!Woot!

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:33 PM

Back at cha queer Wheels.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:34 PM

"seperate gundbelt" ?

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:45 PM

No, just having some fun 'cause you like to point out when I make a simple mistake. separate

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:53 PM

I know what you mean - feel the same.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:55 PM

Wheels, I know a guy that sells replica fire arms. He always looks the part with period western wear and of course a big hog leg properly off his waist.

He gets a kick out of deputies and such that give him hassle after he asks what law he has broken.

First it's not a real gun and as far as I know it's legal to carry a unconcealed weapon that is properly registered as a fire arm. But it's not a fire arm. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:58 PM

spelling...you know the thing you've pointed out to me on a few of my posts. Guess what Wheels, my hands have issues too, but you mock my mistakes because I'm a teacher. Of course, we're supposed to overlook your clumsy fingers.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:06 PM

Not scared, just prepared. That's because most of the criminals in this country are liberal Obama supporters - murderers, rapists, thugs, robbers - and no, I'm not going to google that for you or Spaniard. They vote just like you. Funny that.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 4:53 PM

TED BUNDY! A republican.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:14 PM

You know the thing that concerns me with you Suelynn. With not knowing your true identity-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 8:52 PM

What are you talking about, Sue Lynn is my true name, just like Wheels is yours. Actually Sue Lynn was a favorite great aunt and when she passed away, I stopped using the name. It's been awhile and it's ok now.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:19 PM

TED BUNDY! A republican. -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:14 PM

Hey - you found one!!! Keep googling! :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Wheels, Remember, you can't use your belly to anchor the putter no more. They may call you out for gundbelting. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:39 PM

"I am not related to you!!"

Hmmm, I doubt you'd know both sides of my family? Never mind - we'll leave it at that and I'll celebrate too.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:42 PM

I could care less about your errors... it is your ignorance and arrogance I have issues with.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:15 PM

Well it's your issue, but doing that kind of makes you seem ignorant, arrogant...and petty, doesn't it? LOL

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:55 PM

I think it does, but I knew how you'd respond and kind of proves my point.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 10:08 PM

Wheels, I had time to keep an acre and a half of grass mowed, shrubs trimmed and time left over for projects in the shop when I was working 60-70 hours per week. I could ask what's up with that but I think I know the answer.

I'm not a golfer so I'll just figure you're a short fellow. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 10:18 PM

TED BUNDY! A republican. -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:14 PM

Hey - you found one!!! Keep googling! :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 9:24 PM

There are just as many 'guilty of crime' Republicans as there are Democrats, and you know that well. The fact that a notorious loser was a Republican wasn't my point, it was that you were wrong. "This Dug guy seems to be wrong alot."

By the way...you did hear about that Republican who raped a girl at the Republican convention, didn't you?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 5:45 AM

Too bad nobody had a gun.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 7:04 AM

-- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 8:39 AM

That's rather brazen. I wouldn't call it a 'lie'. More like a mistake, since there are more than 10 cabinet positions, it is obviously not accurate.

There are, however, 11 men on the cabinet, and 5 women.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 8:47 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ame...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 8:55 AM

-- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 8:39 AM

You're still struggling with comprehension. Read the other posts between your drive by posts. I admitted the posting mistake. 9 of 10 advisors are men - the people he listens to and formulates policy. Obama's own "war on women". I also gave a link to the examiner story which supported my claim.

Looks like you are the liar now. And of course you didn't even respond to the fact that 2/3 of his cabinet positions are men.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 8:57 AM

Using the very statistics that you/Theorist, Spaniard and other liberals quote about how 98% of African Americans voted for Obama and a majority of Hispanics you might want to read this from the Obama/Holder justice department report on "number of sentenced prisoners under state and federal jurisdiction, by race, and Hispanic origin,December 31, 2000--2010"

Year.......Total......White.....Black...Hispanic

2000 1,237,500 436,500 572,900 206,900

2001 1,259,500 449,200 585,800 199,700

2002 1,291,300 436,800 586,700 235,000

2003 1,316,500 454,300 586,300 251,900

2004 1,337,700 449,300 551,300 260,600

2005 1,362,500 459,700 547,200 279,000

2006 1,399,100 478,000 534,200 290,500

2007 1,427,300 471,400 556,900 301,200

2008 1,434,800 477,500 562,800 295,800

2009 1,443,500 479,000 563,500 303,500

2010 1,446,000 451,600 561,400 327,200

The full DOJ report and link. These stats from Table 12. http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf...

Using YOUR statements on the race make-up of Obama voters combined with YOUR presidents stats on crime/race you've been schooled.

Start googling your no-response Theorist, Spaniard and far-far-away. :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 9:30 AM

By the way...you did hear about that Republican who raped a girl at the Republican convention, didn't you? -- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 5:45 AM

By the way... did you hear about the 4 Americans that were killed in Benghazi by Muslims that Obama embraced in the Arab Spring? Be careful Spaniard and Theorist, YOUR president said it wasn't a terrorist act. Just a small group of upset Muslims walking the streets at night with a few handy grenade launchers and mortars.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 9:41 AM

Dug, why are you not capable of responding to me? And your post proves nothing...We all know that lawyers have a lot to do with who is convicted.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:08 AM

We all know that lawyers have a lot to do with who is convicted. -- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:08 AM

I did respond and here's another - you were wrong and now you're trying to spin it? More criminals are likely Obama supporters. According to YOU and the Obama/Holder justice department.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:50 AM

Rick, That guy probably wishes he had adjusted the kids radio with a screwdriver instead.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:51 AM

When did I say that more criminals are Obama supporters? Are you wrong again??

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:58 AM

There are just as many 'guilty of crime' Republicans as there are Democrats, and you know that well. By the way...you did hear about that Republican who raped a girl at the Republican convention, didn't you? -- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 5:45 AM

According to you and other liberals here all Romney got was votes from "old white men". 98% of african-americans and a huge majority of hispanics voted for Obama. And they also incorporate the largest - by far - group of criminals.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 12:37 PM

I never siad that Romney got his votes from old white men. So, you are WRONG again. Wow!

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 1:09 PM

On this thread: "Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to "stop being the stupid party" there was an article on what Bobby Jindal said. The article said "his (Jindal) analysis Monday suggests he's aligning himself with an emerging school of thought on the right that the GOP's ... appealing more directly to nonwhites."

You posted in that very same thread:

I agree with Mr. Jindal, actually. -- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 12:02 PM

And now I'll cut and post your own words back to you:

So, you are WRONG again. Wow!

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 1:24 PM

Gee Dug, you are confused. Jindal saying that the GOP is going to work towards appealing to non-whites is not saying only old white men voted for Romney.

It isn't worth my time to go back and forth about this. You are incorrect.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 3:13 PM

Rick, That's another reason for me not to keep screwdrivers and handguns in arms reach of the computer. I am proud to say I don't get it, also confident in my choice not to want to understand it.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:32 PM

I see no good in a tribute to mass murder.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 12:14 AM

By the way...you did hear about that Republican who raped a girl at the Republican convention, didn't you?

What about all those Obama voters that sell drugs, rape women, kill others, commit fraud, etc.?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 6:40 PM

It isn't worth my time to go back and forth about this. You are incorrect.-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 3:13 PM

Ditto - with liberals like yourself it always depends on "what the definition of 'is' is." like Clinton when he lied under oath. It isn't worth my time either and I believe you are incorrect. Touche.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:52 AM

Rick

I have been watching that. We do work in explosive environments a few times a year but doing that job wold be nerve racking. When they evacuate nearby towns before you start would be a red flag.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 3:32 PM

Kind of like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOPP4ZBgn...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 3:57 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-sn...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 4:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration:

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.