"...did God really create the world in 6 days?,"

Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Nov 21, 2012, at 1:06 PM:

Q: Senator, if one of your daughters asked you--and maybe they already have--"Daddy, did god really create the world in 6 days?," what would you say?

A: What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it ... it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live--that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know.

Replies

So, you're quoting then-Senator Obama. What of it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 21, 2012, at 1:52 PM
  • Could it be because it may not be above his pay grade to discuss such things now? :)

As to the question, the answer is revealed on a need to know basis only.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 21, 2012, at 6:02 PM
  • The lord had help thousands of years earlier.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Nov 22, 2012, at 5:27 AM
  • No. And if you "believe" otherwise, you are not a serious person.

-- Posted by Spaniard on Mon, Nov 26, 2012, at 12:13 PM

Spaniard, So what is a serious person? Does seriousness make a better person? Reckon anyone takes you seriously? Do you strive to be taken seriously?

Just being my onary self here unless you care to delve into it, which I doubt you will.:)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 28, 2012, at 10:46 PM

For some reason, I now see Dexterite standing atop a tall mountain with the Lord, pointing to all the kindgoms spread before them, and saying to the Lord "You didn't build that".

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Nov 29, 2012, at 6:53 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: