[SeMissourian.com] Light Rain ~ 75°F  
Flash Flood Watch
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Post reply Read replies (29) More threads Create thread

World War 3 is about to start.
Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 11:30 AM:

*Arab League 'backs Gaza against aggression'*

Arab League chief Nabil Elaraby has pledged to support Palestinians against "Israel's aggression" and to end the blockade of Gaza during talks between Arab foreign ministers in Cairo.

The leaders said in a statement issued on Saturday that the Arab League chief will lead a delegation to the Gaza Strip on Sunday and support Egypt's efforts to negotiate a truce.

Maan News Agency reported the delegation led by Elaraby will include Riyad Al-Malki, the Palestinian foreign minister, and four other foreign ministers. Hamas has not yet confirmed the plans for the visit.

Saturday's meeting was called for after Israel launched a massive air campaign on Wednesday with the declared aim of deterring Hamas, the Palestinian group which controls Gaza, from launching cross-border rocket salvoes.

Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas government buildings on Saturday in the Palestinian territory, after Israel's cabinet authorised the mobilisation of up to 75,000 reservists, preparing for a possible ground invasion.

Egypt had brokered an informal truce in October, which has since collapsed. It now says it is seeking a new deal.

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said on Saturday there were "some indications" a ceasefire could be reached soon between Israel and Gaza Palestinians but he had no firm guarantees.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast...

Replies

Better send in Jimmy Carter. So long as that is all that we send this will be just another Mid East skirmish.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 11:35 AM

I look for Egypt, Turkey, Jordan and Syria to gang up on Israel. I don't know who else might get involved, or when. It is bound to happen soon with the 'solidarity' messages being sent from the Arab League and Muslim Brotherhood in concert.

It will be interesting to see how Obama and the US government responds.

*Obama Talks Gaza With Islamist Turkish Leader*

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obam...

The Turkish leader said..."the Republic of Turkey we are with our brothers in Gaza and their just cause."

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 11:42 AM

I don't know RickV, I wouldn't expect Israel to just continue to trade shots. And if they do something drastic, I think we'll see Iran launch a rocket or 2. And you know as well as I do that the US government is not going to allow them to have all the fun without them.

That's my take.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 11:47 AM

I don't think Iran will fire a shot into Isreal although they may heighten propaganda and sell a few more arms and supplies to Israels enenmies.

Keep in mind the bankers interest in the mid east is the petro dollar.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 1:29 PM

D&G

You are too young to be taking hallucinogens. We are not controlled by them.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 2:37 PM

I don't think Iran will fire a shot into Isreal although they may heighten propaganda and sell a few more arms and supplies to Israels enenmies.

Keep in mind the bankers interest in the mid east is the petro dollar.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 1:29 PM

Old John,

I hope you are correct on this. I hate seeing the collateral damage from all this crap. Maybe they will be content with being suppliers and not actual participants.

That reminds me, petro isn't the only 'dollars' to be had. There's steel, brass and lead, as well.

Wars are big money makers.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 7:43 PM

I think Iran will stay clear of the foray. The last people they want to be allies with is the Arab League.

If the Muslim Brotherhood comes to power in Syria, as the US and Europe hopes, then Israel will be surrounded by a enemy backed by the West.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 1:55 PM

BC,

That's a pretty good point. I hadn't seen that angle. Thanks.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 7:47 PM

D&G,

I agree with Wheels. Try selling that "myth of the Holocaust" to my wife's uncle who was there and saw it with his own eyes. And my own uncle who was at a concentration camp with and open pit grave full of bodies. Trust me. That genocide was for real.

And what do you know about Israel? Who IS Israel? Where is Israel? Do you know? It's a rabbit hole you might want to ask yourself if you are willing to go down. I can tell you this, stop taking in any so-called information from Lt. Col. Gordon "Jack" Mohr or any others like him. They wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit them.

I don't mean to be mean, but you're not studied enough to comment.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 8:29 PM

Now, I'm going to watch a bit of football and then to bed. 4:30 comes early.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 8:31 PM

You was doing pretty well until you came up with that Holocaust stuff.

A friend of my dad's had the tattoo. He made sure my brother and I saw it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 8:50 PM

No wars, Mitt was defeated.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 5:48 AM

Dr. Down and Out while you are gazing into your crystal ball could you give me the lotto numbers for wednesday please?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 8:27 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration:

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.