[SeMissourian.com] Overcast ~ 50°F  
River stage: 16.86 ft. Rising
Saturday, Dec. 27, 2014
Post reply Read replies (16) More threads Create thread

Today's America
Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 11:42 AM:

Strange we need highly educated opinionaters to point out the obvious but I will say this guy does a good job of explaining things in simple terms. Good post.

Replies

I admit that I'm an old codger, and haven't yet adjusted to the American bureaucracy that's ever present today.

I could be wrong BC, but I don't believe the gov't ever meant for you to adjust to it. It meant for you to accept the bureaucracy as necessary for your survival and well being, as well as understand and believe that you are useless and unproductive without it. Bureaucracy is the American Way.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 2:46 PM

-- Posted by .Rick. on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 3:13 PM

Spot on. (As the younger generation likes to say)

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 3:17 PM

America is demoralized. I have been witness to this in airports. When a father holds his child up for a TSA agent to stick his grubby hands down the child's diaper; there is nothing, NOTHING that we won't tolerate as a society. A college aged student friend of mine told me that his Current Affairs classmates demanded to be chipped for "safety" purposes. The FBI foils its own criminal acts time after time, and we celebrate it.

The indoctrination process is complete. Who will volunteer to go first? The Speak Out message boards are chock full of willing candidates.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:51 PM

Rick V, Should I be surprised concerning the response to BC's link? I'm guessing most of our most esteemed participaters in these forums didn't bother to read the opinion that was "right on".

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 9:08 PM

Dr D&G,

I don't think that opinion is unique to SEMO students. SEMO has students from all over, and they all go through the same indoctrination process.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:12 PM

.Rick.

"The TSA catches terrorists everyday, so their methods must be working", said no one ever.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:14 PM

Illinois could be next to legalize medical marijuana. As much as they are strapped for cash they would sell their souls for a new tax someone wouldn't mind.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 27, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.