[SeMissourian.com] Overcast ~ 36°F  
River stage: 17.05 ft. Rising
Sunday, Dec. 28, 2014
Post reply Read replies (250) More threads Create thread

Well he won. I can live with it..
Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 6:38 AM:

Good advice is to hide your assets and guns because as Chris rock says "he's gonna get gangster. For the liberals he may not be as generous as he was in the past because he doesn't need you anymore.

The good thing is no more political commercials for 18 months and I start planning my retirement.

Replies

Regret: There will be cuts in about everything including a lot of the entitlements many which have been handed out by the truck load prior to the election. Many of these programs will be reduced because the President will not have any choice but to cut them, he will go along with congress on this. He does not have to run any more this was his last campaign so therefore I feel like he and the congress will start to work on making every attempt to reduce this huge debt we have, so for some of these people that actually think some of this "Obama money" is going to continue they better start thinking about finding a job because the cuts are on the way.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 6:51 AM

President Obama could have started this in the first term if the Republicians weren't focused on making him fail and in the process they hurt the country. I think most of us saw that and it helped re-elect President Obama.

Happy retirement Regret!

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:24 AM

I was wrong. I remember being wrong one other time but I found out later I had made a mistake. Really thought the makers would outnumber the takers this time. Four more years to re-enforce the reality that BHO is the worst President ever.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:45 AM

"President Obama could have started this in the first term if the Republicians weren't focused on making him fail and in the process they hurt the country."

He had Democrat majorities in both houses when he started. The people rejected the way things were going, and tossed the Democrats out of control of the house. His 'sit in the back of the bus' comment didn't help relations with the Republicans much, either.

His idea of 'compromise' has been 'We will promise to give you spending cuts down the road if you'll give us tax increases today. Trust us.'. It sort of brings to mind Wimpy's old promise to "Gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

With any luck, he'll be concerned about his 'legacy' and will do what's right for the economy rather than continuing to focus on failed liberal policies.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:20 AM

America will regret greatly and bitterly the re-election of Obama.

Fortunately, the Republicans retained the House. Maybe American voters did so because they didn't trust Obama all that much. The House can act as a break on Obama excesses as they have in the past.

On the bright side, 2014 cometh and `1/3 of the

Senate will be up for re-election. The Opposition can wholly concentrate on making the necessaary adjustments then and there.

Obama is not out of the woods yet over Benghazigate.

The numbers do not indicate Obama recived anything near a mandate. So, folks, take hope. All is far from lost.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:22 AM

On the bright side, 2014 cometh and `1/3 of the

Senate will be up for re-election.

Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:22 AM

How did that 1/3 work out for the republicans this time. The Tea party candidates lost in a landslide. The republicans are going to need to rethink their entire strategy after this.

-- Posted by 3forone on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:31 AM

Just think , 4 more years of a bitterly divided nation .

Americans lost...nobody won...

-- Posted by .Rick. on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:35 AM

Agreed, As a independent it is hard to watch this constant battle between left and right. I long for the days of a moderate government. We are in for more gridlock I fear.

-- Posted by 3forone on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:45 AM

I don't like it, but it is what it is, so I will live with it.

-- Posted by 356 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:47 AM

Old white repubs are gone like the Studebaker, lost in the times.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:49 AM

"....be the black mark on America's history thar he has...'

Wow! Did some true sentiments come out? Between

"black mark on America's history" and "thar he has..." it is hard to tell what to think.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:55 AM

On second thought, I apologize, that was unfair, but I just couldn't resist.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:55 AM

3forone,

You're about as Independant as a hog on ice.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:54 AM

You know nothing about me or how I vote. I am a independent and have voted that way for years. I tend to lean towards the Democrats right now, but that is due to your tea party.

Speak of what you know.

-- Posted by 3forone on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:07 AM

I never predicted a win by either side - it was too close to call. I did predict that if Obama wins unemployment will continue to rise, the dollar will head for a downfall and debt/deficits will blow by today's current conditions. Yesterday Tim Geithner said that the plan to increase the debt by the end of this year will not make it. He said we have a "debt" crisis and that the ceiling must be raised even sooner.

I took all my 401k and other investments out of the stock market months ago when I wasn't sure that Romney could win. I'll sit on the side lines and see how the market reacts but likely will move to gold or silver as the dollar continues to fall - there is no way to avoid it.

And to Dexterite-the-racist - you better pray that old white men stay alive to pay for your lazy entitled butt - Obama's core voters are takers and you fit that model well. Obama has to force someone to pay for your government funded life.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:11 AM

"If there is a mandate, it is a mandate for both parties to find common ground and take steps together to help our economy grow and create jobs, which is critical to solving our debt," Boehner said in a written statement.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:33 AM

-- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:49 AM

Really? Apparently they helped Romney kick Obama's butt in Missouri. And the house is still republican. Kind of a blanket statement from a deep thinker like yourself.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:51 AM

BHO divided and conquered and now wants to bring the country together(per his speech last night). Hard to take back all the name calling and blame he has spewed running for reelection since 2008. My prediction is he will not make it 4 more years. Something will happen be it a new Benghazi,a revelation from his past or his associations of the present. Just have this feeling he can't keep the charade going.

The Republic will survive Obama. What it may not survive is the multitude of idiots who vote for him.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:59 AM

"The GOP needs to get rid the of the social/religious cons. They are killing the party. Ah see! Neal Boortz just agreed with me."

Can you explain to me how a party wins by chasing away voters?

Todd Akin was the choice of the Democrats. The Democrat Party wanted him in because they knew they could defeat him more easily than any of the others. The Democrats spent $1.5 million to help him win the Republican primary.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:03 AM

An analysis of election maps shows a clear division in the electorate. This isn't that hard and it goes to the core of what Romney said in the campaign.

Big cities, with large government, large debt, high unemployment, big public unions, high crime/murder rates voted hugely for Obama.

Smaller cities and rural areas with smaller governments, smaller taxes, less debt, lower unemployment and low crime/murder rates voted hugely for Romney.

It has become the takers vs. the givers. We may have reached a tipping point in that and until we hit a Spain/Greece collapse nothing will change.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:07 AM

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 8:20 AM

Whatever...

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:12 AM

We won. You lost. Deal with it. America has rejected you and your ilk. -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:59 AM

The election results will not change my life Ike. And the results don't make your weak, illogical anti-religion statements any truer. Much to your dismay I didn't predict an Obama loss or Romney win. If you want to gloat go get a mirror - it has no affect here.

You are correct in one thing... American has rejected fiscal sanity, capitalism and liberty for entitlement, high taxes and the "fiscal cliff" - and your president has no answers. You're right - America has rejected my ilk - hard working, tax paying, freedom loving (religion and otherwise) for lazy entitled liberal tax and spending. How's the DJIA doing this morning?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:13 AM

Wheels, what are we going to talk about now the election is over and behind us. No doubt we are a divided country and that needs to be fixed are we will never get out of this mess were in. Time for the President and Congress to lay the differences aside and stop the dam pointing fingers and blame game and get to work for the betterment of the country enough is enough time to go to work, we have some very serious issues facing us that needs immediate attention right now, less talk and more action starting today.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:14 AM

"SH, The Republican Party chased away libertarians."

They have, indeed. But they can re-create the 'big tent' of the Reagan era, which permits both the libertarian and the religious right by using a practical approach to fiscal and social issues.

Subsidiarity is the key to social issues. Libertarians are not opposed to the kind of issues the religious right demand, they just don't want them to be federalized. Abortion should be a states' rights issue, not a federal one. It was before Roe vs. Wade, and it can be again.

We don't need a 'right to life' amendment, we have a Constitution that guarantees that no person shall be deprived of life without due process. We need merely reinforce that concept. That will not chase away the libertarians, and should not chase away the religious right.

The same can be said of marriage. It is not a federal issue, or should not be. It is the left that baited us with that issue, and we took the bait. I don't favour homosexual marriage, but the federal government neither performs marriages nor defines them. I do not know why it is a federal issue.

The problem we have is that we try to appease certain groups to the exclusion of others. We should be explaining to them why our position is in their better interest while also being better for the nation as a whole.

I would not recommend listening to Democrats and left-leaning individuals telling us who we should invite to our party. They do not have our best interests at heart.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:27 AM

What is the deficit for Cape Girardeau Spaniard? Scotty City? Hayti?

What is the deficit for Chicago? New York? Los Angeles?

Again, I don't know how you post with nothing but your opinion. I won't give you a pass. Here are just a few of dozens of links:

http://www.businessinsider.com/americas-...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/nyregi...

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/11/san-be...

http://mayor.lacity.org/issues/balancedb...

Pay particular attention to this one - how many of the cities listed went for Romney??? None: http://www.economist.com/node/13745782

http://www.sanjoseca.gov/mayor/goals/bud...

So there you have it. Specific links to the biggest debt cities - Obama voters - and general articles on a number of cities with indepth analysis.

Your illogical statements are degrading to your personal opinions. Read and get educated - or continue to get schooled here.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:28 AM

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:32 AM

Wheels - no problem!!! :-)

Sometimes I make Ike look for his own information but sometimes his blanket, baseless retorts are just too easy to debunk. It's a sport with him but it's getting too easy. :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:36 AM

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/munici...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:39 AM

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/201...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:41 AM

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:41 AM

Great link Shapley. And that's just the bankrupt ones.

You give only half the picture. -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:40 AM

Nice try but that's a "no response". Large cities - that support Obama - are in debt and bankrupt. What "half" are you looking for? A bailout plan from the president?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:44 AM

And what does this even mean? -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:43 AM

It means this. Despite obvious evidence that 2+2=4 you would argue all day that 2 + 2 =5. Illogical.

Now you're just pulling it out of your hat - to put it nicely. Now prove that smaller municipalities, cities, towns and counties that voted for Romney have much more debt. Here's your chance.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:47 AM

Not this double degree guy.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 11:10 AM

Wheels he has nothing to lose now, he wants to build a legacy during his second term, I do feel like he might just start cooperating with congress and move toward the middle like Clinton did in his second term it might happen this go around as well don't know to early to tell right now but regardless him and congress have to stop this daily fighting and meet in the middle if that don't happen we are in for a long four years of nothing but continued grid lock. I'm willing to give it a chance let's see what takes place here over the next 100 days if they can work together for the betterment of the country and not for the next election that goes for both parties.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 3:20 PM

"...but regardless him and congress have to stop this daily fighting and meet in the middle if that don't happen we are in for a long four years of nothing..."

I agree they have to engage in honest and fair compromise. The President has absolutely nothing to lose by cooperating. If Speaker Boehner prevents the House from meeting the president halfway, he could find a lot of republican Congressmen looking for jobs after the 2014 election.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 3:28 PM

He said he would meet them halfway. They will give tax hikes if Obama give REAL spending cuts. That's the way it has been the last two years.

BTW I will enjoy retirement. Meet with my investment guy and lawyer Tuesday.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 5:34 PM

Clinton was never as pig headed as this one is. Clinton was smart enough to know that he had to compromise. This empty suit thinks compromise means do it his way.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 5:26 PM

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. You only think compromise is when the republicans get it their way. It's not. President Obama stood up to the bullies and you didn't like that coming from "this one". It shows Wheels...it really does.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 6:37 PM

User, Republicans can ride in the back while they are bullying Obama? Just saying?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 6:42 PM

Beat me to it OJ.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:00 PM

Hey John, I remember what was said and it had NOTHING to do with bullying. Not even close.

Happy retirement Regret.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:21 PM

The democrats will have to show they can change the economy around or there will be big changes in the mid term elections of 2014 you can fly out as quick as you flew in.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:49 PM

Ah Wheels, you know what you wrote is not true and just because you write it doesn't make it factual. I was awake and paying attention to what the Republicans were doing - the games they played the first 2 years. And the past 2 they just tried waiting it out. Look how that worked for them. They sacrificed the country for their party. Guess what, the country noticed. And what I think is funny, is your whining after all your blowing for the past few months. Actually, I just think it's queer.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:44 PM

"That is funny.... you thinking a minority can block anything in Washington."

Just shows very little comprehension of how the Senate works.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:22 AM

Queer Wheels, with the games the Republicans were playing Democrats needed a supermajority and you should know that.

"Of course, as we all know too well, having majority control of both house of Congress doesn't necessarily mean much if the opposition in the Senate decides to filibuster your legislation, and without a consistent caucus of 60 votes to overcome a cloture vote, legislation can be effectively blocked."

Outside the Beltway

And THAT is the game I'm talking about. If you deny that happened then you weren't paying attention or doing what you generally do, tell part of the story.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 7:18 AM

They haven't even passed a budget, when they controlled both houses. The Republicans can't filibuster a budget bill, which requires only a simple majority to pass.

Ms. Pelosi didn't want a budget. Mr. Reid doesn't want a budget. Without a budget, there is no budget analysis, and there is no spending restraints imposed thereby. The budget bill is not a law, but it is binding on the Congress that passes it in terms of spending limitations. Any member can invoke the budget in challenging non-budgeted spending. That power is stripped by not having a budget.

The budget is not a constitutional mandate, but rather required by law passed in the 1970s. This Senate is not the first to operate sans budget, but Mr. Reid is, to the best of my knowledge, the first Senate leader to actually refuse to allow discussion on one.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 9:04 AM

-- Posted by username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 7:18 AM

"Queer" is your inability to comprehend basic math. The Republican controlled house sent over 30 spending bills and budgets to the Democrat senate and Harry Reid wouldn't let them come to the floor for a single vote. Why? He was afraid democrats would agree and the bills would pass.

There are some sensible, conservative democrats in the senate and Reid doesn't want anything to pass. Harry Reid couldn't get 10 republicans to vote with him so he shut the senate down. All they had to do was allow a vote - what is he afraid of? He's afraid the senate would have passed numerous house bills. Get your head out of your ........ Sue Lynn.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 9:04 AM

Suelynn

You haven't answered the question .... how was that obamanation called "OBAMACARE" passed.

And name calling will get you nowhere.... just makes you look childish and immature.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 10:08 AM

You didn't ask a questin Wheels, but if you want to know - look it up, I'm not doing research for you. And I didn't call you a name, but it's cute that you think I did. wink!

Sue Lynn

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 3:59 PM

Dub - now you're just rambling about a different topic. Keep up.

And why did you put " " around the word queer? That's just queer Dug.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:05 PM

A good researched answer would be rambling to you - way over your head.

It must be tough being as angry as you are. Give it up.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:30 PM

Happy retirement Regret.

-- Posted by username1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:21 PM

It will be happy.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:43 PM

Sulynn must be a homophobic,

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM

Stupid white men lost boys, get over it. You got us in this mess, but you're no longer in charge. And all your crying is getting old. Just kidding - I'm loving it! LOL

And Wheels, I'll stand by my statement - your response timeline is off, but you and your good buddies are good at trying to twist things around that way. And Duddie, I think we all know who's angry on this forum. Now maybe you, wheels, and regret can cuddle up a little more before you respond again. And my thing about the word queer Wheels is that I think it explains you perfectly.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:04 PM

A good researched answer would be rambling to you - way over your head.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:30 PM

Except you didn't have a good researched answer dub.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:07 PM

Sulynn must be a homophobic,

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM

Hmmm - where did that come from? You old guys are just so queer.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:18 PM

Except you didn't have a good researched answer dub. -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:07 PM

More empty answers. You keep skirting the subject because you're clueless Sue Lynn. And your assumption that we're old white guys? Again, a clueless statement.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:28 PM

Napoleon?

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploa...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 10:12 PM

"90 million that could vote didn't. Many felt disenfranchised by a corrupt government."

That's always the case. But, in my mind, if you don't vote, you are voting to go along with whatever the rest decide.

Consider this exchange from the film "Oh Brother, where art thou?"

"Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

"Ulysses: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

"Delmar: Okay... I'm with you fellas."

Delmar represents the non-vote. He'll go along with whatever the rest decides.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 8:23 AM

Rick, I've never said I was a liberal - you got that from the gang that hides out here. I've always voted an open ballet. But, if you look at the polls and the election results, that's what they are telling - white men lost. Winners in this election were Hispanics, Blacks, and women. Personally, I think it's about time. That also explains all the crying and whining we're seeing here.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:42 AM

Except you didn't have a good researched answer dub. -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:07 PM

More empty answers. You keep skirting the subject because you're clueless Sue Lynn. And your assumption that we're old white guys? Again, a clueless statement.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:28 PM

You got me dug - you're a young black woman.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:45 AM

Dug and Regrets,

Whatever we may or may not be, that wingnut is a school teacher. Now tell me, is that scarey or what?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 10:13 PM

wheels, you just make me smile (and sometimes laugh outloud).

Yes, I'm a "scarey" teacher. Boo!

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:47 AM

And I've got you - a taxpaid teacher posting her liberal ideology on line. Gawd, I hope none of my relatives are in that class... you're another bad example for your teachers union.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:48 AM

I've always voted an open ballet. But, if you look at the polls and the election results, that's what they are telling - white men lost.

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:42 AM

What does a ballet dance have to do with ballot measures? And you teach school?

You couldn't be more wrong about your "white men lost". That simply shows how uneducated you are. Unemployment is lowest among white men - they have more wealth and will sustain your liberal ideology. It's the entitled mindset like yours that will be the first to get cut when the "sequestration" of entitlement benefits occurs - if it occurs. Then you'll try and blame the reduction in your teachers pension on those white guys again despite the fact that the "black dude" in the white house cut your benefits. You're racist and paranoid - seek help.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:53 AM

And I've got you - a taxpaid teacher posting her liberal ideology on line. Gawd, I hope none of my relatives are in that class... you're another bad example for your teachers union.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:48 AM

Yeah, you got me and I'm not going anywhere. I'm not posting as a teacher dug, I'm posting as a taxpayer just like you. And it wouldn't matter if your relative were in my class or not, my students can't figure out which way I vote. I'm really crushed by your last comment and so is my union. :)

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 1:50 PM

But again , this posts smells of racism against the Republicans .

I am not sure who the members of gang that hides out here , I just take it as posters expressing their freedom of thoughts..my thoughts are my own , not what some gang tells me what they should be .

To me , another assumption..

-- Posted by .Rick. on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 12:24 PM

"racism against the Republicans" Republican is not a race, (unless you think like some, that it is the party of whites) - they claim to be a political party open to all.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:07 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 1:50 PM

I see you responded to the easy post above.

Now, about that "ballet" dancing? And the thing you hate most of all - "white men" that work hard and pay taxes for your entitlements while you praise "Hispanics, Blacks, and women". I didn't know there was such a thing as a racist feminist person - you're a first. And you need help.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:13 PM

What does a ballet dance have to do with ballot measures? And you teach school?

You couldn't be more wrong about your "white men lost". That simply shows how uneducated you are. Unemployment is lowest among white men - they have more wealth and will sustain your liberal ideology. It's the entitled mindset like yours that will be the first to get cut when the "sequestration" of entitlement benefits occurs - if it occurs. Then you'll try and blame the reduction in your teachers pension on those white guys again despite the fact that the "black dude" in the white house cut your benefits. You're racist and paranoid - seek help.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:53 AM

I'm sorry for you if you are upset by a spelling error, Dug. And sweet that you think teachers are perfect and never make mistakes.

Hey dug, you're right - Romney won. :) Woot!Woot! I was just pointing what the polls and election said - it's also been said on FOX and CNN. How's that racists or paranoid? And if you can't handle the facts, that's on you. Perhaps you should seek help in dealing with the truth.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:22 PM

Feminist racist. Wear that badge proudly teacher.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:26 PM

This person has racism written all over their posts. It's obvious. They are definitely a liberal democrat because they believe racism can never be against a white man. You can say anything you want about them but anything said against *any* other group is racism.

You're a huge, liberal democrat. Own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:36 PM

I see you responded to the easy post above.

Now, about that "ballet" dancing? And the thing you hate most of all - "white men" that work hard and pay taxes for your entitlements while you praise "Hispanics, Blacks, and women". I didn't know there was such a thing as a racist feminist person - you're a first. And you need help.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:13 PM

Oh, I'm sorry if I offended you by taking too much time before I responded, I was in the process.

Hmm, - you right - "white men" do all the work and pay for my entitlements. Women teachers should work for free, as should Hispanics, Blacks, and heck, all women. I think you're seeing a rebellion against that old fashioned way of thinking. Hint the re-election of President Obama vs Romney. BTW - Your pouting is getting old.

PS Please check my spelling and be sure to let me know if I made a mistake.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:39 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:39 PM

I have been trying to follow your statements.

What exactly is your point?

-- Posted by Rational.Thought on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:51 PM

This person has racism written all over their posts. It's obvious. They are definitely a liberal democrat because they believe racism can never be against a white man. You can say anything you want about them but anything said against *any* other group is racism.

You're a huge, liberal democrat. Own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:36 PM

This is hilarious dug, you are the one who changed what I said to I "praised" Hispanics, Blacks and women when all I said the polls showed they won in the election. And you're also the one that said on another post that white men are way ahead of the rest. So, where is the racism against white men if they are the ones doing so well? Can't have it both ways dug. Hmmm...can a person be a racist against their own race?

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:54 PM

Rational.Thought

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:42 A

Just means there is a shift taking place as minorities come into their own. The makeup of the country is changing and either get used to it or you will become irrelevant. Some are refusing to see. I see the changes in my class makeup everyday and more as every year passes. I think some want to ignore the changes, because they fear their status is receding. They scream and holler and claim its not, but it is happening.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:13 PM

You're getting "schooled" teacher. Pick on someone your own size - and by that I mean someone with a lower IQ. You might have a chance.

You're a huge, liberal democrat. And a new breed - feminist racist. Own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:15 PM

Just means there is a shift taking place as minorities come into their own. The makeup of the country is changing and either get used to it or you will become irrelevant. Some are refusing to see. I see the changes in my class makeup everyday and more as every year passes. I think some want to ignore the changes, because they fear their status is receding. They scream and holler and claim its not, but it is happening.

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:13 PM

And I get that. And I agree the republicans need to do a better job reaching out to minorities and women.

But the question i have for you is that the federal government continues to outpace spending.

How do we change that?

-- Posted by Rational.Thought on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:52 PM

I'm really crushed by your last comment and so is my union. :)

That's the problem with IL. What are you going to do when they cant pay your pension? Like they say: "The sun never shines in Illinois".

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 5:58 PM

Cut spending, remove loopholes, cut waste, quit giving breaks to those who don't need it, raise taxes if needed, term limits, work together and our congress people need to quit looking out for themselves and make better decisions and put America first.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:10 PM

I'm really crushed by your last comment and so is my union. :)

That's the problem with IL. What are you going to do when they cant pay your pension? Like they say: "The sun never shines in Illinois".

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 5:58 PM

I don't know what Illinois has to do with it, but I'm not relying on a pension, are you?

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:14 PM

You're getting "schooled" teacher. Pick on someone your own size - and by that I mean someone with a lower IQ. You might have a chance.

You're a huge, liberal democrat. And a new breed - feminist racist. Own it.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:15 PM

Yep Dug, you got me again. You are just so darn clever and another pun too. Wow - almost too much. wink

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:30 PM

Obama style politics. You guys have a habit of killing the golden goose. Socialism falls apart when you run out of other people money.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:38 PM

Rick,I like your first suggestion, but I want limits on all our leaders. I think that would take care of your second. But, I don't agree with your third. I think there should be a reasonable budget for those kind of positions.

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:46 PM

but I want limits on all our leaders. -- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:46 PM

I'd be happy to start with limits on racist, feminist teachers.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:01 PM

But dung, did I spell everything correctly? Please check and get back to me. I know how important that is to you. wink

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:11 PM

And I was so trying to impress a gentleman like you. But really - where does it say that I need to act and be professional at all times wheels? Chill and some fun - stop being such a grouch. Plus, Dug was supposed to check my spelling - something you like to do too (even though you make tons of mistakes and this is just a forum and not a professional piece of writing). wink

-- Posted by Username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 11:35 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 11:35 PM

I only correct people that begin with name calling like stupid and ignorant, etc. If you're going to call people names then you should know the difference between a "ballet" dance and a voting "ballot".

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 9:15 AM

Duggie, funny that you mentioned it, but you're the king of name callers. And I'm beginning to think you are stupid too, but mostly I just think you are a liar. Not just to me, I've seen it with others as well. When you make mock someone for being ignorant and you're the one who is wrong you try and call it a "pun". Yeah - I saw it and you lied about it. I'll rerun it to refresh your memory.

-- Posted by Yankee Station on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:58 AM

Hate to break the news to a smart democrat like you but you were created with fornication. Look up the word - apparently you don't know what it means.

And you can thank your parents for not choosing abortion.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 10:16 AM

Fornication is unmarried sex for your information Dug.

-- Posted by Thinking for myself on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 11:52 AM

And then you tried to make the excuse it was a "pun". Nobody was fooled by your excuse Dug, but recognized your lie, because you just couldn't be wrong.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM

And Wheels stop trying to put me "in my place". That's not going work with me and the election results proves that lots of people are tired of SOME trying to put them "in their places". Ah, nevermind - wheels just being wheels will never change even though the United States is/has.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 10:48 AM

Ten times, Sister?

ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot, ballot.

What's the punishment for lying? Dug needs to know.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 10:53 AM

No- only liberal democrat would be fooled by a pun. Think real deep now (I know it's a challenge) - what would you call a male born from fornication? Begins with a "b" and ends with a "d" and it's not "bread". Take a couple of Advil and get back to me when you give up.

Nice to see you've learned from your mistakes - not quit calling people stupid and we won't have to point out your stupid mistakes.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 11:37 AM

No- only liberal democrat would be fooled by a pun. Think real deep now (I know it's a challenge) - what would you call a male born from fornication? Begins with a "b" and ends with a "d" and it's not "bread". Take a couple of Advil and get back to me when you give up.

Nice to see you've learned from your mistakes - not quit calling people stupid and we won't have to point out your stupid mistakes.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 11:37 AM

Oh, so now we are to believe you were just calling him a name...I thought you didn't do that...Hard to stay ahead of lies isn't it?

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:56 PM

That is the kind of minds the indoctrination you liberal teachers are producting. You should be proud.

Sorry to the good teachers out there, I do not include you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:05 PM

How ignorant coming from someone who is expected to be a grown man.

And thanks Wheels, I am proud to be a teacher. BTW - I didn't waste my time watching your little video. So sad you wasted your time digging it up.

And never forget, your "Mesiah" lost. All that blowing you did the last 4 years and you still lost. Seems you didn't matter. Something for you to think about this afternoon.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 2:24 PM

Thank you Rick. Lots of good days with my kiddos. It's a great day when they come back for a visit - sometimes 2 or 3 together. And it's special day when a stinker comes back to tell you how he is doing in college, gives you a hug and says our class was the best ever. Sounds like a dream job doesn't it? :)

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 7:46 PM

Hard to stay ahead of lies isn't it? -- Posted by username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:56 PM

The fact that you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the behind is reassuring to me. Hows that feminist racist club doing? Do your students know how you feel about white men? What is a "stinker"? I'm sure it's not a female or minority. Just a poor white boy?

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 8:51 PM

:)

-- Posted by Username1 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 9:34 PM

Republican senator Lindsey Graham's remark that there weren't enough "angry white guys" to bring Republicans to power seemed prophetic in the light of President Barack Obama's victory.

Back in August, Graham had said: "The demographics race we're losing badly. We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

A decline in the number of white voters and a surge in voters from ethnic minorities and women helped Obama on election night

freerepublic.com

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 12:12 PM

And Lindsey Graham is just as racist as someone who disparages any group - including white men.

You see, I can vote for Mitt Romney for president and not hold any grudges, animosity or hate for any group. As you try and divide people into groups, username1, you are not serving this country very well. Especially in a public job.

I don't have to hate any group to vote for any candidate. Despite the fact that many - including you - think a vote for Mitt Romney is a vote against a "black" man.

It's a vote against a country that is failing. You can praise Barack Obama all you want with this unemployment, debt, deficits and massive welfare increases. Your comments make as much sense as this - a vote for Barack Obama is nothing more than an anti-white vote. It makes no sense and neither do your race-baiting comments.

I am not racist and I don't like Obama. It's possible but maybe not in your world. And voting for Obama doesn't make give you a free pass on racism either.

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 12:25 PM

I can tell you don't have "any grudges, animosity or hate for any group", because you told me so.

And darn it Dug, I was so hoping for your "free pass".

It's interesting that you can vote for whomever you want, but if I do so it's somehow racist. Hmmm.

BTW, I'm not dividing anyone - I have more diversity among my students than you can imagine and we get along very well. It's the real world Dug - not the one in your head.

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 12:43 PM

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 12:47 PM

I have far, far more diversity with my students than you have and I don't even know where you teach. See, all the assumptions in your head about people who voted against Obama are clearly wrong. You deride and divide people with your own words - as your president does - and it's simply sad. That's all - just sad. I may disagree with you and may not like you but it's not because you're an angry white woman - or feminist racist.

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 12:59 PM

Rick, I think it is fueled by minority groups not feeling they are being heard or represented by our congress. And color or sex shouldn't and wouldn't make a difference if everybody felt their voices and needs were considered. Many don't feel that's what's been going on and think President Obama won't ignore them. This election results speaks to this.

BTW Rick - my quotes came from a Republican site.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 1:01 PM

I have far, far more diversity with my students than you have and I don't even know where you teach. See, all the assumptions in your head about people who voted against Obama are clearly wrong.

Surely you mean you ASSUME you have "far, far more diversity than I, since as you stated you "don't even know where I teach"...

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 1:08 PM

Dug, why don't you tell us about your "students"?

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 1:14 PM

....minority groups not feeling they are being heard or represented by our congress. ...

Considering how much your favorite minority groups[the same sex marriage etc] are in the news and the amount of legislation and court decisions devoted to them, I would think they get too much attention.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 1:19 PM

Right now, my favorite minority group is women (of every race or creed). When men stop trying to control our lives (women with the same education, skills making lower wages comes to mind) and our bodies, I might feel different. Those guys lost in this election.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 2:44 PM

I guess I haven't seen where white men's accomplishments have been put down. They get all kinds of credit for doing good and great things, as they should. But I still don't see how that should get in the way of grown women having equal treatment or having the final say in what happens with their own bodies.

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 7:25 PM

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 7:27 PM

Like viagra or something similar?

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 8:41 PM

and our bodies, I might feel different. -- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 2:44 PM

You will never be satisfied. If a religion of 2000 years believes that contraception/abortion is immoral and they hold to that belief and right (under the Constitution) your answer is "angry old white men". What is scary about people like you? You will never be happy with the CHOICE to not practice that religion. You won't be happy until you can eliminate all religious beliefs that you don't agree with - even when you don't have to participate.

I have some good advice for you. Save yourself some mental anguish and either act like you think, or think like you act. You give us some wandering discussion about how good and sweet of a teacher you are while hating on white men. Either start thinking sweet (i.e. not hating) like you act or start acting like hater - the way you think.

I think and act the same way and am not conflicted as you are. Must be tough to get through a school day looking at all those little white males in class.

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 9:06 PM

Women should get the treatment they EARN (my emphasis). I will not tell any one how to use their bodies. They, and only they, are qualified to that. -- Posted by BCStoned on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 9:22 PM

Amen.

-- Posted by Dug on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 9:26 PM

BCStoned, I agree.

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 10:52 PM

Wow Dug, I'm beginning to think you are just warped or maybe perverted.

Something to think about. According to a Gallup poll taken in May, 82 Percent Of Catholics Say Birth Control Is 'Morally Acceptable' Despite Catholic Institutions' Crusade Against It. PRINCETON, NJ -- Eighty-two percent of U.S. Catholics say birth control is morally acceptable, nearing the 89% of all Americans and 90% of non-Catholics who agree.

And you might google "angry white men" if you think I invented it. I don't have a problem with most white males - just YOUR type.

Here's an example:

.http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-waters/2012/11/08/new-york-times-gop-dwindling-collection-angry-grumpy-old-white-men

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 11:12 PM

I have far, far more diversity with my students than you have and I don't even know where you teach. See, all the assumptions in your head about people who voted against Obama are clearly wrong.

Surely you mean you ASSUME you have "far, far more diversity than I, since as you stated you "don't even know where I teach"...

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 1:08 PM

Dug, why don't you tell us about your "students"?

-- Posted by Username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 11:23 PM

Men and women are different by design for a purpose. Some people just can't understand that.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 11:28 PM

- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 11:12 PM

I'll briefly respond to your questions. A-I will never discuss my students or my job with you on this forum. Too many nut-jobs that want to get personal. Do you have students from India, Pakistan, China, Russia - black, white, latino? Many of them? I didn't think so. Wrong again.

==================================

"82 Percent Of Catholics Say Birth Control Is 'Morally Acceptable' Despite Catholic Institutions' Crusade Against It"

I would expect your belief to based on what people say - just look at your undying worship of Obama. You clearly aren't much into any faith or religion. That's Ok - your choice. Just don't pretend to ever understand something you don't even practice. You see, a religion isn't something that followers make up and decide what they want it to be. That would be the religion of liberalism, not Catholicism. The Church is also against the death penalty which I support. But I'm not going to get the Church to change on that and it shouldn't - but that is completely lost on someone who worships people and not a God.

====================================

Now you answer a question. If you think your self-inspired racism against white men is the reason Obama won then answer this. If you took all the women and minorities in SE Missouri they would be far more than the number of "white men". Then why did Mitt Romney win over 70% of the vote? I'll await your no response on that.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:42 AM

Like viagra or something similar?

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Nov 11, 2012, at 8:41 PM

You don't think women like Viagra? All women aren't lesbian.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:00 AM

I'll briefly respond to your questions. A-I will never discuss my students or my job with you on this forum. Too many nut-jobs that want to get personal. Do you have students from India, Pakistan, China, Russia - black, white, latino? Many of them? I didn't think so. Wrong again.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:42 AM

Dug, you ASSUMED WRONG about my students. And I know what you mean by the "nut jobs' on this forum and it limits the amount of information I will share also. But, to answer your question, yes I have students from all those places plus students from Iraq, Jordan, South Korea, Vietnam, El Salvador, and Taiwan and they come in every shade. And for many, English is their second language.

You also say in your post that, "The Church is also against the death penalty which I support" (meaning you support it). And you say (in the same post) "You see, a religion isn't something that followers make up and decide what they want it to be. Isn't that what you're doing Dug (with the death penalty)? So based on what you posted, I take that to mean you practice the "religion of liberalism, not Catholicism."

I've already said I don't have an issue with most white men - you choose to ignore that. It's an issue in the Republican party. SE Missouri is not the United States Dug and President Obama won in everyway necessary to be the president...time to more on.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 2:33 PM

You don't think women like Viagra? All women aren't lesbian.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:00 AM

Regret, I think that the women who get raped by men who use Viagra, don't like it. And sometimes it's a husband and yes, it's rape. How about the boys who get raped by men using Viagra...think they like it? All men aren't gay.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 3:21 PM

The Church is also against the death penalty which I support" (meaning you support it). -- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 2:33 PM

And you missed, as usual, the biggest point. I'm not demanding that the Catholic faith change their view on the death penalty. I'm not forcing them to accept it and pay for it because they are - as you put it - a group of angry white men. You are advocating that they pay for abortion and contraception and call them "angry white men" because they refuse. You don't like that religion thing do you?

It is time to move on and admit that you are extremely biased against men. This isn't an election issue. Obama lost many, many millions of minority and female voters in this election. For you to say he won because "angry white men" are disappearing is a feminist/racist answer to a problem that doesn't exist. Again, it speaks volumes of your attitude and bias.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 3:28 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 3:21 PM

So you are saying women are only raped by old white men on Viagra.

Akin lost. You don't have to worry about being raped anymore.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 5:29 PM

Regret,

Are you saying only old white men need Viagra? Hmmm...

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 6:28 PM

Not this one.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 6:33 PM

Dug, and you missed as usual. I think you try to miss the point. Perhaps you are one of the angry white men Graham was talking about.

You assumed wrong earlier, I guess you can again.

Of course it's an election issue, but the election is over...and voters have had their say. It seems you just can't deal with the results and that's on you.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 6:36 PM

Of course it's an election issue, but the election is over...and voters have had their say. It seems you just can't deal with the results and that's on you. -- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 6:36 PM

Since you won't let it go let's pursue this further. Show me where the election stats say that white men didn't vote for Obama.

Show me where the election stats say that minorities and women didn't vote for Romney.

You can't. You think that white men - only - that don't vote for Obama are angry old men. I didn't vote for him because he has failed this country using nearly every objective measure possible. The records he holds are in bad categories - unemployment, deficit, debts, welfare payments.

If you prove to me that white men didn't vote for Obama and that women didn't vote for Romney I'll stop. Or you admit you're wrong - which you are. I won't let you continue to spin a lie post after post.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 6:55 PM

Good Lord Dug, you ARE nuts!

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:45 PM

If I'm nuts for not you letting get away with the lame excuse that any white male that voted against Obama is a "angry old man" - then so be it.

I could say that you're a stupid old white women for voting for Obama and that's how he won. A bunch of stupid old white women got Obama elected.

You, Sue Lynn, are nuts.

You'll have to tell me what high school you teach at that has Iraqis. Interesting.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:52 PM

"If I'm nuts for not you letting get away with the" lame excuse that any white male that voted against Obama is a "angry old man" - then so be it.

And you teach? And YOU mocked me for writing ballet in place of ballot - WOW.

BTW - You wrote it and so be it.

Dug, I won't tell you anything more about my students or where I teach - I think you are "nut-job" I need to guard against.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:11 PM

I could say that you're a stupid old white women for voting for Obama and that's how he won. A bunch of stupid old white women got Obama elected.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:52 PM

Yes, we did. :)

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:16 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:11 PM

And I think you are an obsessive nut job yourself. I'm trying to teach the teacher a lesson and I hope it's one you won't soon forget.

Making blanket racist statements against a group of people that didn't for for a failure for president is ignorant - and I don't mean in the "name calling" sense. It's just purely ignorant.

Next time you decide to do this maybe - doubtful - maybe you'll think twice. You don't need to guard against me. You're ignorance is what you need to guard against. Grow up teacher.

I pity the poor white boys in your class...

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:40 PM

Say what you will Rick, I still prefer President Obama to Romney and what I know of him. We don't have to agree.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:49 PM

I thought I would check in to see what was up with threads of education and entertainment.

Looks like entertainment is well ahead of education.

Any one keeping up with the told you so we told you about? Check out the new regulations that have went down in the first days and get ready.

Also, as Wheels hinted at, they are still trying to figure out how Obama got 100% of the vote in so many precints.

I'm sure glad they got that hanging chad thing straightend out.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:58 PM

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 8:40 PM

"And I think you are an obsessive nut job yourself. I'm trying to teach the teacher a lesson and I hope it's one you won't soon forget."

Dug, You failed.

"Making blanket racist statements against a group of people that didn't for for a failure for president is ignorant..."

WOW Dug, I don't even know whst that means? Jibberish!

Next time you decide to do this maybe - doubtful - maybe you'll think twice. You don't need to guard against me. You're ignorance is what you need to guard against. Grow up teacher.

"maybe-doubtful maybe"

What are you trying to say Dug?

"I pity the poor white boys in your class..."

And Dug,I pity ANYONE who has to be around you, because you truly are a nut-job. The more you write the more I know that to be true.

Dug, You sound rabid.

-- Posted by Username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 9:04 PM

As usual, there are some that think everything the president does or will do is some sort of crime against the country. The people have spoken and regardless of Mr. Obama's leadership to correct the past mistakes of republican party big business based on warnings that democrats want to over regulate, there will be those that will denigerate every step the president takes . http://cnsnews.com/news/article/6125-pro...

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 10:16 PM

And to think how many precincts where he got 100% of the vote!

Wheels, I'm just trying to help Common and others with ideas for defense of the ruler in charge that hopes for a declining America.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 11:32 PM

Suelyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bEOiDjdh...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 7:35 AM

-- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 9:04 PM

You're the rabid feminist/racist Sue Lynn. And if you don't know what the words "maybe" or "doubtful" mean I hope you're not teaching in the local schools. Calling people nut jobs and rabid will never change the fact that you're a radical feminist / racist. Keep the name calling coming. Doesn't bother me a bit.

You started all this with your attacks in the past week. I have some terrible news for you. I'm quick with a keyboard and electrons are free so posting on the internet is something I can do 24/7. Why should I give in to your racist attitude against older white men?

You see, despite the fact that you're a bitter, racist feminist woman I do not hold that against an entire class of Americans. Speaking of class, you better get back to your "Iraq, Jordan, South Korea, Vietnam, El Salvador, and Taiwan" students. You left out Sudanese and Italians in your list. This class exists in your mind Sue Lynn. In that same space you keep your hate for older white men. Sick.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:15 AM

"Good Lord Dug, you ARE nuts!"

-- Posted by username1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 7:45 PM

Everything I've seen in response since, particularly the ranting and raving, only confirms the original observation.

Just my opinion, but maybe it will dilute the vitriol by presenting two targets instead of only one.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 9:43 AM

Just my opinion, but maybe it will dilute the vitriol by presenting two targets instead of only one. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 9:43 AM

Not sure what you mean by "two targets"?

Vitriol? Nah. Calling someone out for their own statements to me is just one of the forum processes - it's called discussion. You make a statement about "angry white men" or "anything is OK as long as you don't get caught" (username1) and I respond and call them out on it. We have both been going back and forth here for the simple reason that username1 continues her feminist / racist statements. If you truly reread the posts you'll see that as I continued to question her statements, she set in to more name calling and hyperactive statements. Like I was going to personally come after her. Too funny!

Curious you copied the only comment from someone you agree with politically. Do you stand by Sue Lynn's assertion that Obama won because there are less "angry white men" voting? Do you really boil Obama's success down to that? That is the question here.

I treat people as I'm treated here. Pure and simple. Seriously, go reread the posts above and see where it gets personal and where the name calling starts.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:07 AM

"Republican senator Lindsey Graham's remark that there weren't enough "angry white guys" to bring Republicans to power seemed prophetic in the light of President Barack Obama's victory.

Back in August, Graham had said: "The demographics race we're losing badly. We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

A decline in the number of white voters and a surge in voters from ethnic minorities and women helped Obama on election night."

Seems like the assertion was from Senator Lindsey Graham, a republican, therefore it has to be true.

- - - - - - - -

"Do you really boil (President) Obama's success down to that?"

No, his success was due to numerous factors, the electorate demographics was only one of them. Among others were the improving economy, successes overseas, better treatment of minorities, the right ideas on a balanced approach to deficit reduction, etc., etc.

I'm sure you'll agree that the President's success was due to these accomplishments and many more.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 11:22 AM

"...the right ideas on a balanced approach to deficit reduction"

And those would be?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 11:26 AM

I would differ with you on this as I did Spaniard earlier. If you look at a map of the election results by county you'll find that Obama's votes, with few exceptions, were concentrated in large metropolitan or densely populated areas. Where crime, debt and government dependence are much higher than the "red" areas. I also provided several links to the countries metropolitan areas that are suffering under mass debt and bankruptcy. The top 15 all went for Obama.

One doesn't even need statistics to know that Chicago, St. Louis, LA, NYC, Washington DC, Detroit - on and on - all have horrible crime and murder rates and many more in public housing and welfare. They went for Obama. A majority of the other areas went for Romney. There are exceptions, but few.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 12:03 PM

"Republican senator Lindsey Graham's remark that there weren't enough "angry white guys" to bring Republicans to power seemed prophetic in the light of President Barack Obama's victory.

A decline in the number of white voters and a surge in voters from ethnic minorities and women helped Obama on election night."

Seems like the assertion was from Senator Lindsey Graham, a republican, therefore it has to be true.

Exactly who I quoted, but that's not good enough. Tons of other GOPers are saying it as well - SOME don't like to hear; so they rant.

President Obama won and it's over. The reasons for Romney's loss will be picked about. SOME can't let it go. Quoting Dug, "nut-jobs". You can tell by the jibberish and rants - Dug's lost it. Mocked me and then he makes tons of mistakes a "teacher" shouldn't make. Yep, he's lost it. He probably should change his forum name AGAIN and start over, but SOME don't like that. wink!

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 1:31 PM

"better treatment of minorities"

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/06/news/eco...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 2:24 PM

"He probably should change his forum name AGAIN and start over"- Posted by username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 1:31 PM

Your delusions fit well with your rant. I have never changed my forum name. Actually, didn't you change your forum name? See how crazy you sound? Seek help.

Go reread your own post with it's rambling, rabid context. Then get a mirror and read this to yourself:

"BOJTUN DIBAR A MA I".

And I hate to break the bad news to you. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 3:44 PM

"No, his success was due to numerous factors, the electorate demographics was only one of them. Among others were the improving economy, successes overseas, better treatment of minorities, the right ideas on a balanced approach to deficit reduction, etc., etc."

And number one is he had the leach class at the polls making sure their check kept coming.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 6:00 PM

"He probably should change his forum name AGAIN and start over"- Posted by username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 1:31 PM

Your delusions fit well with your rant. I have never changed my forum name. Actually, didn't you change your forum name? See how crazy you sound? Seek help.

Go reread your own post with it's rambling, rabid context. Then get a mirror and read this to yourself:

"BOJTUN DIBAR A MA I".

And I hate to break the bad news to you. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 3:44 PM

I'm not going anywhere either Dug. And, why yes, I did change my name - I'm not bothered by name changes, but some of your buds are (well one). Just giving you a heads-up before you do it.

Yes, I do look delusional with that mirror code...oh, wait, that was you Dug. wink!

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:09 PM

wink...

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:16 PM

You left out Sudanese and Italians in your list.

I'm quick with a keyboard and electrons are free so posting on the internet is something I can do 24/7"

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:15 AM

"24/7 "Dug, paranoid much?

I didn't leave out Sudanese or Italian students Dug, because I don't currently have any students from either of the Sudan countries or Italy. I do have one from Japan and 2 that spent a few years in Israel and can speak and read Hebrew. They hold Israeli citizenship rights, but I don't think they were born there. Last year I had a student from Sri Lanka - she went back for the summer and brought me a very nice gift when she returned this fall. One of those wood carved masks.

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:38 PM

Old John, I didn't see your smoke when traveling to the farm. Who Won?

-- Posted by BCStoned on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 6:30 PM

BC, It's been a couple or more days so I don't remember the exact context of my babble. I think I was expressing anticipation of the smoke from up near Scopus, not my smoke.

As far as who won, well I reckon it would be a win for the neocons "forward" movement toward fascism.

Although I think the winner has most open plans for the destruction of America as we know it, the loser would have taken us to the same destination, just on a slower train.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:46 PM

"24/7 "Dug, paranoid much? -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 8:38 PM

24/7 is not a gun. It's a term used to describe the number of hours in a day and days in a week. Why is that paranoia?

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:02 PM

Think about it Dug - it's a pun.

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.