...that everybody else loves.
I found this blog on LRC this morning, and thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can all chime in on the 10 things that we hate (that everybody else loves)...
I will go first.
1. Television. I doubt that I watch 6 hours of TV per year. The last show that I can recall as being "can't miss" for me was "Northern Exposure" back in the early 90's.
2. Horses. Don't get me wrong, horses have their uses: McDonald's hamburgers, glue, Jell-O for example. Horses hate me as much as I hate them, so there is no love lost.
3. Summer. Too hot, too humid, too expensive, too long, too busy, too dry.
4. Hunting. I have zero issues with anybody else hunting, and I appreciate hunters keeping the critter population down. I simply have better things to do with my time than waking up at 04:00 am on a Saturday morning, and shivering in the woods all morning. Better things like sleeping in.
5. Cigars. I share George Carlin's opinion of cigars.
6. Twitter. I can't say what I have to say in 140 characters.
7. Cake. I'm sure that I have had two or three good pieces of cake in my life, but I can't remember when. I don't even try to eat the stuff anymore. Wedding cake is especially horrible. They could cover particle board with a 1.5" layer of sugary, nasty icing, perch the cheap plastic bride and groom on the top, and no one would know the difference. That may be how they do it, and would explain things.
8. mp3's. The only time I ever listened to music on headphones when I was younger was to prevent my folks from hearing what I was listening to. Now everyone listens to their music through earbuds. IMHO it is because the sound quality of the mp3 format sucks.
9. Flip flops / sandals. Feet are gross, and should be covered up at all times when in public.
10. The Beach. Weird stuff washed up on shore, ugly people wearing too few clothes, sand, sunburn, and what is that smell?
Here's my list:
1) Mashed potatoes - I know it's unAmerican but I have never liked them.
2) Meetings - too long, too little done and too busy to mess with them.
3) Summer - I'm with you on that - too hot, too dry and just plain miserable.
4) Sweaters - too restricting.
5) Mayonnaise - even nastier than mashed potatoes.
6) Disrespectful people - not on speak out - just anyone who looks down on anyone at any time. It's the one thing that gets me upset. If you think your better or smarter than a farmer or mechanic then try putting a transmission in - you're not better or smarter than anyone else.
7) People who don't use turn signals so you wait at the stop sign and at the last second they turn down your street.
8) Liars - some people like them, I don't.
9) Sun glasses - can't see a thing out of them - I always try and avoid using them.
10) BO - body order??? :-)
Not everyone loves what I dislike.
Rap music, most sports, reality people relationship TV, disfunctional family sit-coms, department stores with convoluded pricing to make you think it's a deal, today's bright headlamps on high beam pointed my direction, people that insist on explaining something I already know, people that worship people, Small agressive ugly dogs and people that expect to find it normal for them to lip kiss their little ugly dogs and the list goes on. :)
I just say "No" to The following:
1. Discordant jazz music
2. Black eyed peas
3. Dogs that kill my livestock
4. Light beers
5. People who are dumb on purpose
6. Wife beaters
7. Child molesters
(It could have easily have been 20)
1.) People with a Superiority Complex.
2.) Parents who are constantly bragging about their chileren and how wonderful they are.
3.) Christmas Letters
5.) Light Beer
6.) People who cut in front of me in traffic and then slow down.
7.) Too much Government.
8.) Lazy People who stand with their hands in their pockets telling you wild stories about their achievements and all the while you know they are lying, but you need to keep your mouth shut to keep peace in the family.
9.) Real Cold or Real Hot Weather.
10.) People continuously whining about their aches and pains.
Ooops, just realized these were supposed to be things others loved. Sorry, best I can do I am retaard and busy doing as little as I can today.
1) Speakers, ministers who take 30 minutes to say something that coulda, shoulda been said in 5 minutes.
2) Political commercials (You know they are all lying.)
4) Abortion and abortion rights activists.
6) Government waste.
7) Federal deficit.
8) Excess government regulations.
9) Jamie Lee Curtis commercials (repeated over and over and over through the evening.
10)Child molesters and child abuse.
Couldn't stop at 10.
11)Spousal abuse (women beat up husbands/boyfriends too.)
12)News programs reporting on same sexes "getting married." They don't report male/female marriages, why should they when it is gay/lesbians?
4) Political Ads
5) Failed Government
6) Main Stream Media
9) Brussel Sprouts
10) When I know Rick V likes Heavy Horse and I have access to a couple of free cases and don't know how to contact him to see if he would like them.
Did your Dad own any mules? Now there is an animal you could love to hate. I didn't go there cause Lumpy already beat me to it.
Wheels, that reminds me, Did you get my Christmas letter about my medical condition causing me to need a little help in getting the patent on the new yogart machine? I was wanting to diversify my light beer investments but I was short on cash to push congress to pass the new regulations I needed to make it a go.
If you just worked at it a little, I bet you could be a real pain in the arse.
I am so out of gas I can hardly function this afternoon. Otherwise I am sure I would work on something to fire back.
I sent my brother a picture of what a real SOB is, because it fit some of his modus operandi to a tee. He posted it on his wall.
1. Smart Phones ( or any cell phones ) Remember
the good old days when you could use the
excuse you weren't near a pay phone?
2. Women who use profanity ( except at those
private times when no other words would
seem right. lol )
3. Pro sports ( except for the playoffs )
4. Christmas Cards, Birthday Cards,Valentine
Cards, etc. etc. etc.
5. Starbucks over priced coffee
6. Chicken Wings that are 3 times as big as a
natural grown chicken and wing should be.
7. This one might get me banned from speakout,
but I never liked any of the Star War of Rocky
8. New Years Resolutions
9. Going to weddings, (Especially the 2 in which
I was the groom. lol )
Me'Lange is furiously parring down her list, I can't wait! :)
Surely OJ, High speed police chases and the CHS dress code will make it into her top 10?
Betting Rick V makes it into the top 5.
-- Posted by BCStoned on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 6:53 PM
I was a little older, maybe 10 or 12 when I got to try plowing behind a team of mules. To begin with it wasn't pretty, but there were three teams of mules and plows, and there was my Uncle, my Dad and me. I don't know how many acres was in that field but we plowed for 3 or 4 days, seemed like months.
Mules are smarter and also meaner. One of them hated me as bad as I did her. I was supposed to go out in the pasture, put a bridle on that bag of bones and bring her in, her partner would follow. She would wait until I would get up to her head then wheel around and try to kick my head off. This would go on until she finally got tired of the game and let me catch her.
Mad Dog (That goes a long way back)
Left lane drivers
Me'Lange, No hating here. High blood pressure? Try Diovan.
Still working on my hate list. Rather do the the love list,though. Anyone mention Kardashian? Just exactly what is a Kardashian? Keep seeing the name on the mags at Walmart checkout. Hey,that's something to list,gossip rags!!
1. Kidney Stones
2. Busy bodies who spend their life sticking their nose in everyone's business.
3. Know it alls.
5. People who can't hold an intelligent debate so they resort to name calling.
6. Cursing, espically in front of women.
8. Freeloaders who get government handouts and teach their kids they deserve them to.
9. Not being able to eat anything I want.
10. Obama's left wing agenda.
You didn't make the cut. But I got 'Honorable Mention. Na nana na na!
-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 6:54 PM
It's in there!
Mowrangler, One out of two ain't bad.
Wheels, Did tulips have anything to do with your ancesters leaving the old country in a hurry? :)
If my ancestors were using a five fingered discount to get their tulips, rest assured they were not pink tulips. :-)
Just got home from the dog giving me my morning 3 mile walk. Time to ponder my thoughts on this hate list. For every yin there is a yang. Since the 10 Things Rule has been breached I proceed with a few more than asked for and less than I probably will think of later. In no particular order:
Hate: Cold weather
Love: Hotter the better
Hate: My low carb diet
Love: Mashed taters,white bread,gravy,pasta,french fries,etc etc
Hate: Sand traps and water hazards
Love: That one pure shot that makes me come back tomorrow
Hate: "Survivor" It pretty much started all the reality TV crapola
Love: Just a couple of Sit Coms
Love: Well,you all know!
Hate: Over-educated holier than thou know it alls but can't grasp "righty tighty,lefty loosey"
Love: The guy that barely made it through high school but understands and can fix anything from toasters to tractors.
Hate: Wizard of Oz
Love: Forrest Gump
Hate: TV preachers
Love: When they get caught with their pants down
Hate: SEMO Fair
Love: To see it moved out of the middle of town
Hate: Blood lust "hunters".For the thrill of the kill,not for the food.
Love: The strike on a topwater lure. A .22 shot through the eye of a squirrel and the pan-fried trout on a campfire or the squirrel w/dumplings
Hate: The NBA
Love: NCAA Final Four
Hate: Las Vegas
Love: Confluence of Camus Creek and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River
Hate: When my wife goes ga-ga over some famous guy with a full head of hair
Love: When she kisses my bald pate and says she loves only me
Hate: The fact I seem to hate so many things
Love: The fact I'm gonna stop now and did not even mention politics
Geez...I been working on this for awhile.
1) People who drive in the slow lane.
2)People who walk sideways thru a parking lot. Move over so I can go.
3) People who walk side by side in the grocery aisle, move over so I can go.
4) People who run bus stop signs.
5) People who park in handicap spots that are not disabled and/or the disabled person has no intentions of getting out of the car.
6) Obnoxious people
7) People who litter.
8) People who have no manners.
9) The use of the word retard.
10) dentists. The whole experience freaks me out.
Good Morning Turnips.... you been on an extended vacation?
Morning boys. Nah, just been busy.
Posting a comment requires free registration: