Speak Out: Who Needs the Truth?

Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 12:38 PM:

If a lie gets you votes, by all means, use it. Willard Romney isn't bothered by "facts".

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Romney campaign said on Tuesday that its ads attacking President Obama's waiver policy on welfare have been its most effective to date. And while the spots have been roundly criticized as lacking any factual basis, the campaign said it didn't really care.

"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers," Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said at a panel organized by ABC News.

Replies (40)

• Add Donacita to the GOP Convention Watcher List

That would be:

Common

Dexter

Donacita

Got any more nominees?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 1:54 PM
  • The 'fact checkers' haven't exactly limited themselves to facts, particularly during this administration. They've been 'fact-checking' opinions, by offering 'expert' opinions that counter the opinion offered. That is not 'fact checking' by any stretch of the imagination, but they retain use of the term.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 1:57 PM
  • Who is checking Eagle Who Walks's "facts"?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 2:00 PM
  • Why in the world would I watch the Republican convention? It's all balderdash. So no tv coverage for moi. Zip. Nada. I have to catch up on the True Blood shows on HBO. Oh, and Grimm on my DVR.

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 4:08 PM
  • Native Americans did not call President Obama Eagle Who Walks. That old "joke" has been around for years and the name has been applied to many candidates, including George W. Bush.

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 4:28 PM
  • "Native Americans did not call President Obama Eagle Who Walks."

Don't really care who or who did not first call Obama Eagle Who Walks.... the name fits let him wear it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 5:12 PM
  • I have to catch up on the True Blood shows on HBO. Oh, and Grimm on my DVR.

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 4:08 PM

I will watch both. Too bad so many people are uninformed voters like you.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 6:39 PM
  • "Would you like to know the "English" term of the Sioux's name for the President ?"

Yes!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 7:55 PM
  • I don't need to watch either convention to be informed. Do you really think that conventions are that informative? Really?

Wheels: Maybe the name fits you as well.

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 7:55 PM
  • Wheels: Maybe the name fits you as well.

You don't like me very much do you?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • I don't like what you post.

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:06 PM
  • Well I don't care much for what you post either. Guess we're at an impasse then.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:31 PM
  • Do you really think that conventions are that informative? Really? -- Posted by donacita on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 7:55 PM

Do you really want to be informed?

What do you know about Ann Romney?

Do you know about Mia Love?

I've seen Obama speak 100's of times and I've made the decision that based on his rhetoric and personality I don't like him personally. But that's not enough reason for me to vote against him. His policies are failing this country and the next generation(s) is in big trouble thanks to his actions. We, as a country, are headed to a collapse never imagined in over 250 years.

I've seen Romney speak a number of times and I've made the decision that based on his rhetoric and personality I do like him personally. But that's not enough reason for me to vote for him. His success as governor, as a business leader and in many other things (his personal charity, the olympics turn around, his view of what America should be) are the reasons I will vote for him.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • I could have turned the Olympics around if the govt gave me 1.3 billion dollars. No biggee there.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:53 PM
  • I could have turned the Olympics around if the govt gave me 1.3 billion dollars. No biggee there.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 8:53 PM

There you go Howdy.... believing money fixes everything. If that were true after the around 800 billion Obama had to work with in the stimulous we should be doing it in tall cotton.... but we aren't. Use your head man!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 9:02 PM
  • Just wondering, could I turn Howdy around for 1.3 nickels? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 9:53 PM
  • I don't need to watch either convention to be informed. Do you really think that conventions are that informative? Really?

So you get your information secondhand from commentators and sites like Democrat Underground? I prefer to get mine from the horses mouth.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 28, 2012, at 10:09 PM
  • Paul Ryan just keeps repeating lies, but it will help him win. The plant closing that he keeps blaming on Obama was done in 2008 under the Bush Administration. And he Knows it!

He also made a cornerstone of his argument the claim that Obama "funneled" $716 billion out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare. But he didn't mention that his own budget plan relies on those very same savings.

He slammed the president for not supporting a deficit commission report without mentioning that he himself had voted against it, helping to kill it.

Paul Ryan is deceiving you, as is Mitt Romney. Don't believe them. But you will.

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:54 AM
  • http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/30/fact-checking-the-factcheckers-on-ryans-sp...

"Ryan acknowledged that the plant had already been slated for shutdown in 2008. That was his point. People voted for him (Obama) because they thought Obama represented hope to get the plant back in operation. In fact, that had been known since at least February 2008, when Obama came to Janesville to speak, and specifically addressed the plant closure in his remarks, delivered at the plant itself -- and promised to keep it and other plants like it open "for the next hundred years" (emphasis mine):"

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 9:27 AM
  • Rick,

It will be passed off as... awwwwh that's just Joe. Wacky Joe that is a heartbeat away from the most powerful job in the country. The hilarious part of that situation is, in 2008 the Democrats claimed Palin was not prepared to run the country.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 9:42 AM
  • "The plant closing that he keeps blaming on Obama was done in 2008 under the Bush Administration. And he Knows it!"

The plant closed in April of 2009, though the decision to do so was announced in 2008, and it was expected to be idled by December of that year.

The significance of the plant in the speech is that then-candidate Obama announced that the plant could be saved "... if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

"He also made a cornerstone of his argument the claim that Obama "funneled" $716 billion out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare. But he didn't mention that his own budget plan relies on those very same savings."

That's hardly a lie. And Mr. Ryan's plan does not funnel those savings into Obamacare...

"He slammed the president for not supporting a deficit commission report without mentioning that he himself had voted against it, helping to kill it."

Again, not a lie. Many people (myself included) have mentioned that Mr. Obama has not acted on the report. Commonsensematters frequently mentions the creation of the commission as an achievement of the administration. And, yet, the report has been written and nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done by this administration to enact the recommendations thereof. Mr. Obama's response has been exactly what Mr. Ryan says:

"He created a new bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanks them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 9:52 AM
  • "I wonder if he ever figured out what he is suppose to do with the Senate , (Democrat controlled BTW) part of the "do nothing Congress" ."

He thinks he's only president of the Senate in the case of a tie vote. He's probably wishing there would be a tie vote so he can step in and do something...

Maybe, if the Senate had a Republican president (even if the majority is still Democrat), that president could exert some influence to get them moving on important issues, such as a budget...

"At any time the presiding officer may lay, or a senator may move to lay, before the Senate any bill or other matter sent to the Senate by the president or the House of Representatives, and any pending question or business at that time shall be suspended, but not displaced. Included in this category are veto messages, which constitute privileged business and which may be brought up at almost any time; however, a senator cannot be deprived of his right to the floor for this purpose nor may certain business be interrupted, such as approving the Journal, while the Senate is dividing "or while a question of order or a motion to adjourn is pending."

Given that the president pro-tempore has been using his power to delay and prevent such vital matters, maybe if we had a Vice-President that actually knew what his duties and responsibilities were, he could step in and use his authority to bring some measures to the floor that Mr. Reid prefers to table.

Ms. Palin knew about that authority, though they laughed at her. Mr. Biden indicated that he did not know it (and apparently still doesn't know it), and that's no laughing matter.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 10:05 AM
  • ... this, also from

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/30/fact-checking-the-factcheckers-on-ryans-sp... :

Fact-checking the factcheckers on Ryan's speech. "Clearly, the job of 'fact checker' in the mainstream media must not involve research skills. Nor does it take much in comprehension, because these supposed fact checks started with a misrepresentation of what Ryan actually said. Here are his actual words, emphasis mine."

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 10:07 AM
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! Aren't those what that obese filmaker from Hollywood calls, 'inconvient truths'.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 10:08 AM
  • Crazy Horse,

See how refined I have become. I refrained from calling him a 'FF'.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 10:18 AM
  • -- Posted by Crazy Horse on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 10:23 AM

☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ !!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 11:11 AM
  • Its truth whenever it supports and validates a prejudiced assertion.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 4:51 PM
  • If you want "cool" or "hip" or "slick" - vote Obama.

If you want to turn this economy around and a better opportunity in life - vote Romney.

Romney's not "cool" or "hip". I don't care about that in a president. I'm tired of the media saying "he's so cold" or "he's out of touch". He's more American and 'in touch" than Obama.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 5:29 PM
  • Dug

Sorry but the liberal nutjobs has labeled COOL as racist.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 7:40 PM
  • Regarding the "fact checker" BS from the cartoon character donacita, the following is from Andrew Breitbart's website. He suddenly died 7 months ago at the age of 42...they say...of a heart attack. I don't know, but it seems suspect to me since he was in perfect health. He was a hard hitting true fact checker. RIP. His friends are carrying on without him:

"Except the ads exposing Obama's gutting of welfare reform are 100% accurate and as we have documented time and again, the mainstream media's fact-checkers are shameless left-wing partisans willing to say and do anything to see Obama reelected."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/08/28/Romney-to-media-fact-checkers...

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 7:43 PM
  • I'm gonna go with former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, Libertarian candidate, for President. I'm long past the "lesser of two evils" bit.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 7:57 PM
  • I'm gonna go with former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, Libertarian candidate, for President. I'm long past the "lesser of two evils" bit.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 7:57 PM

I don't disagree with you. I'd like to the Tea Party actually become a separate party like the Libertarian and Constitution parties.

Everybody holds back their vote for these little parties because they think they are throwing away their vote.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:05 PM
  • A vote for them is one for Obama.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:29 PM
  • We Regret To Inform U,

I agree with you, too. I WILL vote GOP this time. But, please tell me you see the problem of the 2 party private clubs.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • I do but giving Obama a chance to win might make the future parties unable to fix this mess. Someone has to stop the spending spree and Obama isn't going to try.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:47 PM
  • Fair enough. I hope it works.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • A vote for them is one for Obama.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:29 PM

So be it.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • I still think it's all theater for the masses though. I wish we could trust that votes weren't manipulated electronically. I can't though. I know just enough to be cynical.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 9:02 PM
  • Puppet A or puppet B...which will it be?

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • I think I might like Ryan better than Romney .

-- Posted by Rɨck on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 7:17 PM

First sign of strong leadership - who do they bring on their team. Major Fail for Obama - exactly what we need from Romney.

By the way, Michael Moore is predicting a Romney win. Another discouraged worshiper.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 6:52 AM

Respond to this thread