Speak Out: Need a little help in choosing your candidate?

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 12:27 PM:

A little test we should take... might surprise you who you agree or disagree with on the current crop of Presidential Candidates. And then again maybe it will not.

http://www.votechooser.com/

Replies (29)

• Wheels, I wasn't suprised with the result.

Were you?

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 12:53 PM
  • No. Not really.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 12:57 PM
  • Mike were;

1) Obama (7)

2) Gingrich (3)

3) Paul (3)

4) Santorum (2)

5) Romney (1)

Romney flip-flops so much next week i might score a 10 with him.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 4:19 PM
  • Now howdy your choice is no surprise to any of us. My choice came out to be Newt. howdy go easy on Romney now he is no worse than your man.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 6:39 PM
  • One agreement with Obama. I must be softening up in my old age!

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 7:48 PM
  • Romney flip-flops so much next week i might score a 10 with him. -- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 4:19 PM

Take this poll to see who you agree with:

"If elected, i will close Gitmo my first year" - still open.

"When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it," - never has happened.

Regarding lobbyists "I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House." - hired one the first week.

"The stimulus will create shovel ready jobs" - then says "Well, I guess those jobs weren't shovel ready (laughter)".

"I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term" - set record deficit and debt spending in the trillions.

"We cannot simply spend as we please and defer the consequences to the next budget, administration or generation" - HUH???

0-10 with Obama.

8-2 with Romney.

Not surprised.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 9:58 PM
  • Rick,

Since we ran so close, I borrowed your format.

..................Agreed On.. ......Disagreed On

1. Ron Paul 8 .............. 2

2. Newt Gingrich 5 .............. 5

2. Mitt Romney 5 ...............5

3. Rick Santorum 4 ...............6

4. Barack Obama 1 ...............9

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 10:18 PM
  • I can vote on anyone over Obama with a clear conscience that they are closer to my views than he is.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 31, 2012, at 10:20 PM
  • Nil, The only thing I missed with Paul was immigration, I checked deport them and then changed it to don't let them work and they will go home. I clearly remember now Paul saying send them back.

Obama came back no agreement on anything.

What you report is a surprise. Like the Lost In Space robot, I say "That does not compute!" :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 1, 2012, at 12:40 AM
  • Any of the four Republicans I will vote for. I just hope the people will get out and vote in November.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Apr 1, 2012, at 6:20 AM
  • Ain't chose who is but have chose who ain't.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Apr 1, 2012, at 2:11 PM
  • Thanks for the 'reminders,' Dug ... Ah, campaign promises ... always to be taken with at least a grain of salt.

Refresh my memory: Wasn't there something about going over every department, searching by line item all expenses, reducing the size of ...

Me, too, voyager. Kind of like, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Apr 1, 2012, at 11:16 PM
  • Theorist, Just how big a vote are you?

Are you voting for the underdog you like to support or is it you are not open minded enough to vote my way? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • Theorist, I that case, I'm voting with you. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 9:52 AM
  • You can all stay home. Missouri is going to go for anybody but Obama anyway.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 10:39 AM
  • I saw on the news where one of your fellow conservatives in Oklahoma has proposed legislation that makes it illegal to ejaculate outside of a woman's womb. It is called "The sacred sperm law". What kind of whack job, either conservatiev or liberal proposes crap like that. Who is going to enforce that law?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:04 PM
  • Sounds like an April Fool's Day joke. 'Every Sperm Is Sacred' is the title of a song from Monty Python's 'Meaning of Life'.

Yesterday was April Fool's Day. I'd check the date on the report before I accepted it at face value.

A few years back, some newspaper reported that the Alabama legislature had introduced a bill to change the value of pi from 3.1415926 to simply 3, in accodance with the biblical value given. It never happened, but it is still circulating the internet as a true story, with the state of origin occasionally changing.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:09 PM
  • Actually, I did find a report on the proposal:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/07/dem-state-senator-appends-every-sperm-is-s...

It seems a Democrat who is oppposed to the 'personhood' bill being presented before the legislature has proposed the 'every sperm is sacred' amendment, classifying not just fertilized eggs, but sperms themselves, as 'persons'. The measure was proposed as a means of killing the bill.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:19 PM
  • Anyway, it's not a conservative or a Republican that proposed it, but a pro-choice Democrat. That's the kind of 'whack-job' that proposes crap like that.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:20 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:24 PM
  • Shap, I liked the one about dihydrogen monoxide being found in the public drinking fountains.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:24 PM
  • So, it appears 'whack job' Democrats are proposing such measures all over the nation. Clearly, Democrats don't take the law seriously, and are willing to propose any silliness they see fit.

Methinks such legislators ought to be voted out for not taking the law seriously. What next, will they propose arming our soldiers with wet towels with which to pop the enemy on their buttocks? (Also from a Monty Python skit, in case you're wondering.)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:29 PM
  • SH: Re-read my post, sir. I said conservative or liberal. Either way it's a whack job is what I said.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 12:29 PM
  • Howdydoody,

I read your post. However, all that I can gather from the posts is that the persons proposing the bills or amendments have three things in common: they are Democrats, they are women, and they are pro-choice. Other than that, I cannot confirm their liberalism or conservatism. However, you jumped to the conclusion that it was "one of your fellow conservatives" who proposed the bill.

The evidence appears to indicate that this is not the case.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 2:07 PM
  • Hmmmmm!

Howdy, might want to find a different News Source. Want to try Fox maybe???

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 2:27 PM
  • Wheels: FYI it was Fox news. I watch it for entertainment and I watch anybody else for truthful information.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 4:41 PM
  • Wheels: FYI it was Fox news. I watch it for entertainment and I watch anybody else for truthful information.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 4:41 PM

Good Grief Gertrude! Now there truely is no News Networks left that know what is going on.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 4:54 PM
  • Wheels: FYI it was Fox news. I watch it for entertainment and I watch anybody else for truthful information. -- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 4:41 PM

Clearly your "truthful information" comes from either a) your Dear Leader b) the Huffington Post or c) Media matters and George Soros. Some of your posts seem to come from MSNBC. I don't even watch those for entertainment.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 5:07 PM
  • Well, I'm confident that Theorist will be along any moment now to insist that Howdydoody acknowledge being wrong about this measure being proposed by "one of your fellow conservatives". I know how important is to Theorist that people acknowledge when they are wrong...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 9:04 PM

Respond to this thread