Posted by swift on Tue, Mar 13, 2012, at 4:15 PM:

Okay, everytime I click on "Was Rush Wrong About Fluke", I get:

"The site you have chosen has been categorized as: Profanity

http://www.semissourian.com/foru...

Please choose from the following options:

Disable Filtering

Modify Settings

Enable Filtering"

and it only started doing that after I posted a non profanity lased comment! LOL

Contact your Internet administrator if you require access to this site

Replies (5)

• swift:I would say they are going with strictor rules regarding comments. This being an election year they do not want these blogs to get out of control so they will have strictor measures. Many people are up tight right now very heated differences on both sides. The Missourian does not want their comment section to end up like the one in the St Louis paper, CNN or the Topix blogs. That is my opinion why this popped up the way it did I'm not saying you said anything with profanity in it regarding posting but I believe a message is being sent to all of us "boys and girls" tone it down some.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Mar 13, 2012, at 5:29 PM
  • swift: The "Rush" blog is back up now. Maybe the Missourian can explain what is going on. Matt you on duty this evening to answer swift problem he is having with this certain "blog"

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Mar 13, 2012, at 5:33 PM
  • It happened again after I posted a comment on it at 4:03. I think you're right; the filter thing is trying to keep things from becoming like topix which is good. I'm using the Keller Public Library computer here in Dexter. Pam, the librarian told me there may be a problem with the thread itself. the filter may be interpreting something as being profane.

-- Posted by swift on Thu, Mar 15, 2012, at 4:12 PM
  • This is funny. Swift uses a public financed computer to slam the govt on other threads.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Mar 15, 2012, at 5:50 PM
  • howdy, I'm glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read that.

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Mar 15, 2012, at 6:16 PM

Respond to this thread