Speak Out: US warns against military action toward Iran

Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 2:46 PM:

Economic war creates instability in the region as well.

Replies (43)

• Yes indeed, the winds of war are blowing and as I have said for several years now, Israel will not tolerate a nuclear Iran. I pray for peace but, seriously doubt we will ever see it in this region of the planet.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 3:50 PM
  • Rick, IMHO one that favors the Muslim culture.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 4:51 PM
  • BCStoned, If you prefer to believe that Iran is only enriching uranium for peaceful purposes so be it. Oh! they may have intentions of using it for nuclear power and I have no problem with that. However, nothing Iran has ever done in the last 30 plus years has shown the world that nuclear weapons are not something they want. Quite the contrary in my opinion. Frankly, I believe Israel takes Iran's threats seriously. You know BCStoned, the ones that say Israel and its people should be removed from the planet.

Anyone who has not seen this coming cares little about current or past events or just simply, hasn't been paying attention. Do not blame Israel for the problems in the middle east and in the area we once called Persia. That all refers back to the British and their escapades a few centuries ago.

I am not a warmonger by any means. That being said, I am not ignorant either. The war machine is always turning in this part of the world, like it or not. JMO

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 9:18 PM
  • Nil, I suspect you make a good point. Come time after the election I reckon we will see our good Russian friends stepping up to offer their solutions to the middle east woes and the whole dance of power broking in the region will began. again.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 1, 2012, at 11:00 PM
  • Free people and those yearnig to be free still look to America as a great power and influence despite the bowing of the present leader to despots. That perception of America still has significant influence in world afairs. Obama I hope is as crazy as it gets concerning our light switch diplomacy of the most recent decades.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:32 AM
  • Israel has one of the best fighting armies in the world, they know how to fight and handle Iran no doubt. We need to step to the side and let Israel handle this idiot in Iran, Israel will show the world how to fight a war and win pretty quick. They take no "bull" when it comes to defending their country.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 7:30 AM
  • "This is one the many reasons you cannot take right wingers seriously anymore."

I do not believe that anyone had ever taken them seriously, particularly the local crew. Speakout "right wingers" are the ones that swear by each other and follow themselves in a descending spiral of irrationality.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 11:31 AM
  • Spaniard,Guess you are way to young to remember the 1967 Israel/Arab war. In less than a week they first destroyed the Egyptian forces in the Sinai, then drove the military of Jordan from the west bank of the Jordan River, and finally crushed the forces of Syria and occupied the Golan Heights in southern Syria. In the process the Old City of Jerusalem was seized and annexed by Israel. When Israels hands are not tied their army and experience is second to none.

Your assumption that Israel cannot handle Hezbollah in Lebanon is ridiculous. Never take your eyes off of Israel and never under estimate

their power.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 12:49 PM
  • BC, Did the storm get close?

I agree the new right is not the old right, the left is still pretty consistent, just bolder.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 1:11 PM
  • Just when south of Jackson. Was still bad in Cape when we has sun and no wind.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 1:47 PM
  • "When Israels hands are not tied their army and experience is second to none."

If you remember 1967, then you should also recall the steady stream of USAF C-141's that resupplied Israel. They refueled at Lajes Field, and then had to navigate precisely over the Straits of Gibraltar to avoid overflying either Spain or Morocco, and then continue over the Mediterranean to reach Israel. These 141's carried ammunition, missiles, spare/replacement parts, vehicles, medical supplies, and whatever else the Israelis needed that could fit into a Starlifter.

And that was a war that the Israelis did not start. President Obama has made it clear that we have no desire to see the Israelis start a war unilaterally, that we could have to finish. We have defense of Israel agreements, and would come to their aid if and when the country was attacked, but any surprise attack on Iran must not be without our agreement, or knowledge. It is obviously true that the Israelis did the fighting, but as almost all Generals will tell you, the key to victory is logistics.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 3:19 PM
  • Spanaird that is right I don't feel like hearing your far left opinion today.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 3:33 PM
  • Grey Wolf the far left wing wouldn't believe us if we showed them in black and white it is like talking to a concrete wall. They are always right regardless and never ever open for discussion it is there way or the highway. Many of them even some right here on this blog is so far left they are at the warning track of the out field.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 3:38 PM
  • whoever erased my post , it's still funny to think Israel needs Obama's permission to do whatever they want to do ....

-- Posted by ~~Rick on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 3:57 PM

MS. Monitor.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 4:07 PM
  • This is one the many reasons you cannot take right wingers seriously anymore. Making out with a terrorist financier is good. Bowing to some foreign figure head out of respect is bad.

-- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 10:42 AM

Got a pic?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 4:16 PM
  • Well commonsense you are correct. Our valant men of the USAF and their C-141s did a great job navigating. However, lets face it Commonsensematters, 6 days at war does not take a huge amount of supplies does it?

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 4:17 PM
  • "...6 days at war does not take a huge amount of supplies does it?"

If that's the case why did the Israelis ask for and need US assistance? Oh yes, maybe when they got into it, they did not know that it would only last six days.

-------------------------

"...funny to think Israel needs President Obama's permission to do whatever they want to do ..."

If they want US assistance again, it might be a good idea. Please don't try convince anyone that the Israelis plan on going it alone.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 7:04 PM
  • The Israeli's are way ahead of Iran. If they weren't they would be gone already.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 7:11 PM
  • It takes a lot less time, lives, amd supplies to fight a war when it is your intention to win.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 9:15 PM
  • This is long and I haven't read it all yet, but it may be all you ever wanted to know about it, not sure. Anyway, Obama Don't bluff!

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/03/obama-to-iran-and-israe...

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 12:29 AM
  • Commonsense, you might just be surprised to see what Israel can and will do on its own! Again, I pray for peace in the middle east but, I am also a realist. Nothing has ever been peaceful in this region of the planet...EVER!

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 5:46 AM
  • The U.S. warning ANY country against military action is like Willie Nelson warning someone against smoking dope.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 6:40 AM
  • The U.S. warning ANY country against military action is like Willie Nelson warning someone against smoking dope.

-- Posted by Live & Let Live on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 6:40 AM

Great analogy L&LL

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 7:55 AM
  • Apparently there are still some that are unable to recognize the difference between retaliation against for an attack from Gaza, and and a surprise attack on Iran.

"LOL !!!!!"

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Mar 10, 2012, at 2:57 PM
  • Israel will take care of itself and they do not need permission from any one to go to war. Israel will protect there people and land regardless what any leader says.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Mar 10, 2012, at 5:29 PM
  • Apparently Common doesn't remember when Israel knocked out something in Iran a goodly number of years ago. Don't believe they asked whomever was in the White House anyway,

Israel is safe from our displeasure because they know the U.S. wants them there to take care of the dirty work we need done.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 10, 2012, at 6:23 PM
  • "...do as it damm well pleases without... President Obama's blessing...

I guess that's Ok as long as we keep the military and financial aid coming.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Mar 10, 2012, at 9:22 PM
  • And we will keep it coming Common... count on it.

When you have an Empty Suit in the White House, do not expect him to be taken seriously by friend or foe.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 10, 2012, at 9:50 PM
  • Spaniard, you are tolerated but not taken seriously. Sorry but true.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Mar 11, 2012, at 7:17 AM
  • From what I understand, some of Iran's neighbors would be pleased if Israel struck a serious and destructive blow to Iran. Many of those folks of the same basic religion hate each other and that would give some of the most radical reason to rise united against Israel.

From past experience we know Iran responds to the threat of force so that threat must be maintained and percieved as viable to be effective as a deterrent against Iranian aggression. Just MHO.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 11, 2012, at 12:43 PM
  • Where did Ike go?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 8:43 AM
  • Wheels, there are several posibilities.

Would you care to make a guess?

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 9:27 AM
  • Voyager,

I will try... if you will help me a little.

Maybe he is like Theorist and has three jobs that keep him busy??

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 9:34 AM
  • Rick,

Very thought provoking. Not sure what the final resolution will be... but I do not see it happening in our lifetime.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 11:26 AM
  • Theorist,

I forgot to mention... for an excuse when you hit and run, and you were called on it you used the term "some of us work"

What was that all about?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 11:51 AM
  • Have_Wheels_Will_Travel

why not post on the topic rather than attacking posters

-- Posted by chocolate thread on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 11:58 AM
  • Spaniard, you know darn well what wheels was referring to. Who cares if he incorrectly named the wrong pathetic middle eastern Country. It was Syria and I only wish they had not stopped with there nuclear site back in 2007! That's ok though, Iran is next on their list for destruction of a nuclear facility. Like it or not.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 12:06 PM
  • Sock Puppet,

Why not mind your own business. It appears that you were the one to start the attack this morning, when you decided you needed to straighten my c**p out.

How about you dropping your fascination with me and get on with things?

Kapeesh?? (Anyone want to challenge my spelling of that?)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 12:11 PM
  • BC,

I'm not sanctioning what they are doing, not that it would matter anyway, just staing what I think is going to happen. Yes I know it was Iraq after I checked, first thought it was Iran.

Israel is not going to ask Washington what they can and cannot do. They have proved in the past, they will just do it. And then again maybe Washington is telling them to go ahead and denying it after the fact.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 4:14 PM
  • BC

Israel is a force to be reckoned with. I remember when they were doing touch a goes on Iran's runways back in the 80's. They have stayed ahead of the ball.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 7:07 PM
  • Israel is a nation misunderstood. Most think of Israel as Jewish state, that is a religious state that is the last protectorate of Jewish decendancy. If I'm not mistaken there are more Jews in NYC than in Israel.

There are people of all faiths in Israel and the security of the nation at one time was intrusted to the west.

The U.S. is the west of today and the only ally Israel has left deemed capable of supplying a significant steady stream of support in arms and money with a reason to seek behind the scenes control of Iran.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 10:37 PM
  • I have to agree with BC about it costing us big time. I hope Obama doesn't pull the trigger thinking it will help him get the Jewish vote. He already has most of it anyway. Obama is already costing us a arm and leg with his vote buying.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 10:55 PM
  • Hmmmm!

My Sunday morning post disappeared.... wonder how that was found offensive, when I addressed Ike for attacking Regrets and myself?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Mar 13, 2012, at 10:06 AM

Respond to this thread