Speak Out: Save Big Money with.....

Posted by Old John on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 8:19 PM:

I notice as I go past the new Menard's site in Cape that work goes on. Rain, sleet and snow, and weekend and night. Those guys working on that project must be very well paid or dedicated.

If there has been an update story as to the open date, I missed it.

Any comments?

Replies (8)

• Its going to be a big store.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 8:58 PM
  • I see a sidewalk along the street. Was that them or a city requirement?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 9:04 PM
  • I saw that. I guess it is part of the sidewalk that goes up Bloomfield Rd.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 9:46 PM
  • Never been in a Menards yet. So have no comment, just a question, and this is probably not the place to ask it, but since Old John has his finger on the pulse of SE Missouri, thought maybe he could tell me...

What in the world happened to Doom and Gloom's thread while I was in a semi-conscious state last night? Did he go to melt down or something?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 17, 2012, at 10:33 AM
  • Old John,

Disregard that last post. I didn't drop far enough down in the ratings to find the thread.

There are days I wish I was in a position to check out the camel and the rich man thing. I don't think praying you were rich is the answer though.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 17, 2012, at 11:03 AM
  • I know little about Menards. Looks like a sizeable investment depending on Cape area economy to make it pay back. I hope they do well.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Feb 17, 2012, at 11:11 AM
  • I got another off-the-wall question for ya', OJ: What's the deal with all the fast-lubes/oil change shops going with Valvoline-ONLY now, instead of Pennzoil? Valvoline is OK, but I was always a Pennzoil-fanatic!☺

At least it wasn't Quaker State. Oh, it was a good-oil in it's time, but??? ANYTHING is better than the "Discount-Store-Special", though!

Yeah, I know all-about the ratings, Mil. Specs., etc., on the bottle.(I still miss the actual-CAN!☺), but still...???

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Fri, Feb 17, 2012, at 1:27 PM
  • Oh, and BTW, I've been to the Marion Menards, and I prefer it 2-to-1 over Lowes anyday!

To me, it was more like the former Central Hardware. Some loved it, others hated it...

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Fri, Feb 17, 2012, at 1:29 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: