Speak Out: Fed is charging employers additional FUTA Tax Surcharge

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 4:30 PM:

Small Businesses will be facing an additional FUTA Tax Surcharge as Missouri is one of the thirty one States that sent over payments out to workers during the past three years and now the Fed is saying to the States cough it up and they are using the employers to get that done instead of trying to round the money up from the people that were over paid these benefits. That is the reason why this Extended Unemployment Benefits must be stopped I knew this would fall back on the business owners when the government was handing out all of these 99 week extensions out. As long as the extensions continue some of these people will never go back to work as they choose to stay home on the couch and collect from the taxpayers.

Replies (15)

• I saw that. The unemployment abusers will get their justice when they show they their lack of a job for 2 years. I will not hire them.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 4:56 PM
  • Why doesn't regret just dig a big hole and swampeast can just shove those people in it. Problem solved and maybe those two will quit griping about evrything under the sun. What a bunch of whiners. It must be awful to be that miserable and negative all the time.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 6:06 PM
  • Howdy,

It is because they both own a small business and they are on the paying end of the nonsense of paying unemployment for two years to people who will not take a job for less pay than they were used to.

I was there myself before retiring. And I would agree with Regrets, I would not hire those people who sat on their arse for two years either. It is a sure sign of laziness and they would be highly unlikely to give a fair days work for a fair days pay.

I remember the surcharges on FUTA, and if you had a good record and never laid off an employee, it made no difference you were taxed nevertheless. Make a few Payrolls and you will understrand.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 6:39 PM
  • Howdy,

As a PS, those two guys have reached a bi-partisan agreement in this age of partisanship. One of them is a Republican, if I am not mistaken, and the other has declared himself a Conservative Southern Democrat.

The kind of Democrat I feel kinship with as well.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 6:42 PM
  • Something I am confused about is worker compensation. Seems like some of the big outfits will spend thousands of dollars sending folks to different company paid doctors to get out of paying for a hundred dollar's worth of medical bills.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:04 PM
  • Small business owners are (cough, cough) rich 1%ers. They deserve to have to pay this money back (cough, cough). They deserve to be taxed into oblivion (cough, cough).

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:25 PM
  • Howdy: Run a business and you will know what were talking about, this administration has been the most anti business adminstration that has ever sit in office. Remember my friend without business you will not have labor. The free stuff has to come to an end and everybody help pull the wagon up the hill not just a few.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:43 PM
  • I saw that. The unemployment abusers will get their justice when they show they their lack of a job for 2 years. I will not hire them.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 4:56

Two years ago, we lived in an area where employers were advertising that applicants must be currently employed. Of course, that meant they let themselves miss out on recent graduates and people recovering from one debilitating disease or another. How would you suggest those people get a foot in the door?

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:00 PM
  • I'm sure the small business owners who are affected will pass these costs to their customers .

-- Posted by ~~Rick on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 7:17 PM

That is one thing you can be sure of Rick. It is a cost of doing business. The consumer pays all costs of doing business, plus a reasonable profit. If the busines does not pass these costs along and show a profit, they cease to exist.

So I invite consumers to keep demanding more from the government, they are entitled to it, after all.... they are the ones paying for it in the end. Go ahead, elect politicians who will raise the taxes on business, you are paying for it. So demand more, with the consumers purse we can tax ourselves into prosperity. Sometimes wish I could quit being a consumer.

Not directed at you Rick, just got started and could not stop.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:09 PM
  • howdy isn't serious about discussing issues or concerned about others money. He's a big union supporting liberal democrat from the posts I've seen. Just a passing remark.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:10 PM
  • "It is a cost of doing business. The consumer pays all costs of doing business, plus a reasonable profit. If the busines does not pass these costs along and show a profit, they cease to exist."

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:09 PM

I can't figure out why unions haven't figured this out either. They complain about the cost of living and then drive it up.

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 8:50 PM
  • What's a Missouri State Tax Return, and how do I get one of those? Sounds like a money maker.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 10:05 PM
  • I seen on the news this morning that one out of five americans are now receiving federal assistance. 70% of the federal budget is for assistance programs. This is what europe tried in the eighties and nineties where everybody was a student or receiving government benefits well you see where these types of social programs got them flat broke. In the past three years under this current administration federal assistance programs went up by 23%. Here in america we were founded on hard work, family, honor and interity but today I see a lot of people walking around with there hand out making every effort to try to avoid work and receive some type of a government check. I had an applicant a couple weeks ago come in and make out an application out for full time employment during the interview after he was told what the job paid he replied "Oh that will interfere with my unemployment benefits" and the job paid far more then what he was drawing on weekly unemployment benefits. When they make an comment like that any more I just pick the phone up and call employment security in Jefferson City and let them know this person was offered full time employment and he turned it down I encourage all employers to do the same the more people we can get back to work and off of this hand out mentality some have the better off we will be.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 7:06 AM
  • What a bunch of whiners. It must be awful to be that miserable and negative all the time.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 6:06 PM

You my young friend will enjoying paying for this mess and then you will be whining.

Swanp

I do the same thing. I hate getting these calls that ask if I am hiring and then they say they are coming by to fill an application but never show up.

Hiring people that abuse the system are a future liability due to them wanting to get that free ride. There aren't enough farm boys to hire which leave us the weak and spoiled city children.

I have had big guys to turn down $35 prevailing wage because it is not easy work. The other is you hire a guy for the job and they start complaining about it within hours.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 7:42 AM
  • Regret: Now they want to reduce the unemeployment benefits down from 99 weeks to 50 weeks, which also is to much it should be reduced to 20 weeks that is long enough, this is costing us billions of dollars we the employers.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 7:50 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: