Speak Out: Ignorance

Posted by R. W. Bess on Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 6:20 PM:

The word can be found used in many Southeast Missourian headlines and articles but when I use it my post is deleted. Why?

Replies (5)

Ignorance

Posted 9/18/2009 at 9:35 am by Ainamolagem ~ Replies: 2 ~ Last reply: 11/25/2019 6:20 pm

I am totally confused. Above is what shows up, but if you click on it, something different comes up.

And Ainomolagem is spelled backwards for Megalomania, a poster from the past. I gave him a couple of metal gas cans years ago to make a Canjo out of... a version of a banjo.

Wonder what happened to old Megalo, if it was out there he stepped in it. Got in trouble raising chickens in the city limits of Cape once.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 6:34 PM
  • Ralph, I used the search feature for the forbidden word and all kinds of things came up. Some had recent dates but this was an undated Speakout thread.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 6:42 PM
  • Methinks the search thing reflects the change in policy. The forbidden word is used and published by callers as recent as September. Not the first time my post was deleted when the question asked didn't suit who I expected to answer.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 8:11 PM

Richard, in this crazy politically correct world it is ok to commit mayhem over a chicken sandwich at Popeyes but you danged well better not offend someone's delicate sensibilities.... especially if they are Liberals. Google is working with a lean to the left.

And you have no idea how many words I should have used that were rejected by the higher authority.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 9:49 PM

The "Jigsaw" used by the paper needs an update on words used daily by the populace. Sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 rewrites to get my comments passed by the "Jigsaw"....then sometimes I just said what does it matter anyway and just delete my comment in total.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 8:05 AM

Respond to this thread