Speak Out: Race and Economics

Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 12:04 AM:

BCStoned how dare you? Once again you present those pesky facts that don't fit the current social racial division narrative.

Don't you understand that if the people of all races break through the evil propaganda they have been sold via the social engineers, eugenicists, white guilt merchants and minority poverty pimps they might put racial divisions aside, figure out we are all being hosed, and all band together as Americans and demand real justice and equality from the ruling elite?

Who gives you the right to present sound and logical information which could turn this country around if all races in this country worked together in harmony instead of the socially engineered and orchestrated distrust and discord brought on by the money masters?

Replies (13)

• Both of those articles are excellent BC. I just wish more people would read them and understand them. But we both know it is much easier to say Republicans good Democrats bad and vice-versa.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 12:09 AM
  • Good article, BC ... But what's the solution?

Speaking of minimum wage ... always seemed to me that setting a required min. wage might be sort of self-defeating:

Every time the wage goes up, it naturally follows that businesses raise their prices to cover that new wage ... I would assume that most have a 'profit margin' they would like to meet? And as the article kind of mentioned, employers often find ways to down-size their employee base ... or, as we're starting to hear, they require more education/experience for new hires.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 12:51 AM
  • PS: I've only said for a couple of decades at least that as long as we have 'preferential programs' ... of any kind ... As long as our govt. leaders support the concept of putting us into 'groups' ... there will always be racism, and there will always be at least some in one race which feels comfortable with being 'downtrodden,' and who will take advantage of that status ... but will never be as successful as they might have otherwise been ... in education, employment, self-pride.

Racial divisions will never end until our government expects all of us to be 'Americans,' not White Americans, Black Americans, Mexican-Americans. But then ... how would anyone ever get elected without the support of special-interest groups, as well as those who don't really believe that in this country, ANYONE could, if they wanted to, get an education, get a job, be a success ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 1:03 AM
  • But BC ...! It seems to be a trend to support the idea that one race isn't actually as intelligent as another!

I don't believe that. Some use it as an excuse to not 'make the grade;' others use it as an excuse to 'help' those poor people because somehow they seem to think there is a certain class who aren't smart enough to ... and of course to pull in the votes.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 1:10 AM
  • Racial divisions will never end until our government expects all of us to be 'Americans,' not White Americans, Black Americans, Mexican-Americans.

Right you are G-Mom.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 1:17 AM
  • Speaking of minimum wage ... always seemed to me that setting a required min. wage might be sort of self-defeating:

Every time the wage goes up, it naturally follows that businesses raise their prices to cover that new wage ... I would assume that most have a 'profit margin' they would like to meet? And as the article kind of mentioned, employers often find ways to down-size their employee base ... or, as we're starting to hear, they require more education/experience for new hires.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 12:51 AM

Not to mention the upper end of the wage/food chain now wants a raise to keep the spread betweent them and the lower end at a status quo. And business raises their prices again to maintain their margins.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 1:26 AM
  • The demise and destruction of the African American family began with social welfare. When you

a) get paid to stay at home

b) get food stamps to stay at home

c) get housing assistance to stay at home

d) get more money for every child you have

viola! You get high drop out rates in schools, high unemployment, 70% of children born out of wedlock and apparently the latest "flash mobs" that want more than a-d above.

"If you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less of something, tax it". Says it all. You want more decline in the AA community? Keep subsidizing it. As posted yesterday, African American wealth has declined about 10 times more than white wealth since Obama has become president. Nobody will touch that fact.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 8:22 AM
  • One of the big arguments I hear about the minimum wage is the impossibility of raising a family on the minimum wage.

The minimum wage is an entry level wage paid to people who are entering the workforce and have yet to develop skills. If they start their family before they enter the workforce, the problem is NOT the minimum wage!

I was paid the minimum wage at two times in my life. The first was when I graduated high school; had a job within two weeks. The second was when I was 40 years old, had been out of the workforce for nearly two years because of a bad back, and had to prove that I was physically capable of doing the job! Neither time did the minimum wage last over 30 days. Motivated, capable employees are not paid minimum wage for any length of time.

Get an education; develop your skills; don't abuse drugs and alcohol; minimum wage will not apply to you.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 8:33 AM
  • Williams further explains how minimum wage amplifies the effect of racism on employment in a not so recent article.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 9:05 AM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 9:15 AM
  • Get an education; develop your skills; don't abuse drugs and alcohol; minimum wage will not apply to you.

-- Posted by stnmsn8 on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 8:33 AM

I would give you and Amen on that.

Also agree with BC, we should get rid of the minimum wage. All it does is help drive inflation.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 10:19 AM
  • BC

If this thread were a baseball game, and you were one of the players, the announcers would be saying, "BC is in the zone."

Great thread, great posts.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 10:42 AM
  • When I was younger and through high school everyone had a job of some kind or was lookinbg for one. Farmers needed help with hay or picking chunks (anyone remember that?), the local station used teens to wash windows and pump gas, grocery stores had baggers at every checkout. Teenage boys could always work construction during the summer.

Since then we have had progress. Minimum wage caused most of these jobs to be eliminated, insurance costs took care of the rest. Many teens now spend most of their time seeking entertainment. We now have a generation that sometimes seems to consider that is their purpose in life.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Aug 31, 2011, at 11:34 AM

Respond to this thread