Speak Out: Fort Hood

Posted by Joe Dirte on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 1:18 PM:

Glad they caught this guy before Ft Hood had to go through this again

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fbi-awol-soldier-had-1054680.html

Replies (3)

• donknome-2,

I understand where you are coming from, but its also hard for me to say that I wouldn't recruit a good, patriotic american who is muslim anymore than I can say I wouldnt recruit a patriotic hispanic because I dont like illegals, or a patriotic black because I dont like Obama.

If it is in your heart to serve you should serve. I have my prejudices, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, color goes away on the battle field.

Now, a traitor is another story. There must be more done to weed out any soldier who is not 100% dedicated to the USA. If the problem persist, fear may build to the point where muslim soldiers are getting fragged on the battlefield out of fear they are traitors, which would be a shame if it turned out they are not.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 2:54 PM
  • JOE DIRTE: Yeah, maybe I could have worded that better---hafta make a point of that in the future.

As for no "color" in battle? Agree, 110%. I owe my life for more times than I'm sure I was aware of, to a skinny-little black dude who was my "shadow"---he was my "A-gunner", with the "pig".

If you couldn't feel/smell the breath of your A-man on the nape of your neck, he was either slackin' off his duty---or had already taken a round meant for YOU.

I didn't care if he was black, white, both, or neither. Just as long as he was THERE, with his eyes an' the ammo...!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 7:54 PM
  • RICK: I'm kinda "mixfused", too. Surely Texas-law isn't THAT much different, than here? Unless it requires an actual SALE, to "make it stick"???

We BOTH know how "laws are made for our OWN-good", though, don't we???☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 8:03 PM

Respond to this thread