[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 47°F  
River stage: 22.03 ft. Falling
Monday, Mar. 30, 2015
Post reply Read replies (35) More threads Create thread

Laura Wibbenmeyer arrested?
Posted by sephora on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 4:11 PM:

Did you see anything about this on KFVS 12? I missed it. Apparently she was arrested for drunk driving in Scott County.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP71/ArrestDe...

Replies

Poor girl. I'm here for you Laura.

-- Posted by timexx on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 6:04 PM

That is the bad part of being a public figure.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 6:47 PM

Wheels, A likeable local TV news lady.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 7:13 PM

After the "Speed Kills" campaign Mo. had another public service message of awareness that one in every ten drivers met on the highway could be impaired with alcohol.

Today I suspect one in ten drivers met are connected to some kind of law enforcement.

And within that ten there is a lawyer or someone that knows one that would love to take your money.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 9:02 PM

After the "Speed Kills" campaign Mo. had another public service message of awareness that one in every ten drivers met on the highway could be impaired with alcohol.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 9:02 PM

Now they are impaired with texting.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 9:14 PM

Rick, A customer in the late '90s was charged with DWI. He passed the breathalizer test and the charge was changed to another lesser traffic violation. The dept. of revenue still cited an alochol related contact and pulled liscense. His father was a lawyer and prominent contibutor to govenenor Holden's campaign. He said once or twice a year the dept. of revenue could be perseuded to allow exception and return the liscense. The big thing was not the temporary suspension but the insurance rate hike.

He pulled it off without spending the big bucks, assumming his story is correct.

Sad thing is that the last I heard he was serving time for a drug related charge.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 9:22 PM

She was on there today and Sunday.

-- Posted by SEMissouri70 on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 10:37 PM

She does a WONDERFUL job on the air, and I hate that she had this one error in judgement. I know it's wrong to drink and drive, but how many of us have been in the same situation and just didn't get caught? The important thing is that she didn't have a wreck and harm herself or someone else. Let's hope she learned from this public embarrassment and that she'll have someone else drive the next time she decides to go out and enjoy herself.

-- Posted by sayswho? on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 10:59 PM

Over the years KFVS has been a training ground for a lot of young folks starting out. They have always maintained a few seasoned veterans that define the news and weather crew. How long has Bob Reeves been the go to guy when the weather gets rough?

Many in the come and go crowd remain in my memory as I was fortunate meet several.

Anyone remember Vicky Babou? [or some spelling like that] She like a lot others went on to a bigger market.

As of now KFVS has in my opinion the best bunch ever. Laura Wibbenmeyer included.

I hope to see her back soon.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 11:33 PM

The news media protects and hides the wrong doings of there own, but some one outside of that profession they will blast in a second.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 6:15 AM

12 HOUR HOLD!...? She must have been too embarrassed to call a friend or entirely too drunk to do so. I am certainly not prepared to condemn Laura for this serious mistake in judgement. I do however hope this is a life long learned lesson. I expect to continue to see her and hear her giving us the local weather each morning in the future on KFVS...

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 7:23 AM

To be clear, my last post concerning 12 hr is indeed scuttlebutt and not known to me to be fact!

This is what I have heard through the proverbial grape vine.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 7:27 AM

seriously you all need to mind your own business

-- Posted by ncis on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 10:00 AM

You think maybe the Sheriff Dept may have held her long enough for shower time?

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 10:10 AM

Kind of reminds me of Topix.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 10:58 AM

I've seen Topix a time or two. Believe me, this is nothing like Topix, and I hope it never becomes so.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 11:21 AM

The New Hamburg Picnic gets another one...

-- Posted by Hugh M Bean on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 11:43 AM

it happens

-- Posted by insider63785 on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 11:47 AM

Wheels...

Having too much to drink isn't the end of the world. But, driving after having too much to drink could be the end of the world for an innocent victim.

We all should know better than to drink and drive. Many, many people's lives have been affected by the actions of drivers under the influence. It's hard to believe anyone still drinks and drives in this day and age, especially someone who has a lot to lose (job, reputation, etc.)

I agree with you that she needs to learn from her mistake, and hope she does before someone is hurt.

-- Posted by bargal on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 4:03 PM

I understand she only checked .08 which back in the day it was .10 before the laws changed. This is a nice girl and everybody needs to move on now we all make mistakes.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 4:06 PM

Laura Wibbenmeyer arrested?

Posted by sephora on Tue, Jul 19, 2011, at 4:11 PM:

so sephora felt the need to put it on the internet for all to see forever. jerk

-- Posted by Dick888 on Wed, Jul 20, 2011, at 4:22 PM

Wow, sephora, you must have thought you really scored when you saw that and just couldn't wait to run and tell everyone what you found. It smacks of gossip in the worst way, which is what you deserve sephora.

-- Posted by stardog on Fri, Jul 22, 2011, at 12:24 PM

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/...

-- Posted by motorcycle_man on Fri, Aug 12, 2011, at 1:16 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.