Speak Out: UFO opinion

Posted by voyager on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 6:47 AM:

The aliens have landed and taken up residence in Washington, DC. There is no other answer for all the craziness going on up there.

Replies (49)

• C'mon, VOYAGER---you're a better-man than that. Let's start one out once, WITHOUT the damned-politics! C'mon, huh?

OK, now that I've un-officially whizzed in Mr. V's Wheaties this morning: Let's DO-it!!!

I believe in the existence of UFO's, in the extra-terrestrial sense somewhat---but I've yet to actually SEE-one, per se. Now, my Mom could spot one from a mile-away(literally!), though it was "only" blinking/flashing circular trails of light, according to HER-descriptions. My brother claimed to see much the same thing, as well.

But, as for me and Dad? We'd(I still)never seen anything like she'd described---even though we'd go look, just seconds' later!

(On a side-note, Dad and I had seen MANY "Unidentified Flying Objects" in our past's---but once they'd hit the ground, we'd both kinda figgered-out what they was, once they'd "buzzed"-our haids, an' "CRUMPED!"-into the ground, lol!!!☺)

But since Mom wasn't one for drinking---and DEFINITELY-not for lying!---we both just figgered(agreed with her!)that she was blessed with such an ability. And, she'd always said "they" always seemed-friendly, and didn't bother her, so---???

Now, for my-favorite(partial)"quote", from some "Alien-Invasion"-movie---don't remember which?

"You thought you had DEFEATED-us! You thought we had GONE! But, YOU-WERE-WRO-O-O-NG!"

"WE-NEVER-LEFT........!!!"

☺!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 9:53 AM
  • Hey-y-y, I've got a neighbor who kinda looks like that first-one.

Hmm. I wonder---What-If...??? ☺☺☺!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 10:36 AM
  • I've never seen one, I know people who have, of course, those people are crazy for reasons TOTALLY unrelated so...don't know and don't really care. ☻

-- Posted by Turnip on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 12:55 PM
  • I believe that Jesus was most likely a hybrid Alien. Mary was made pregnant by an Alien so that her childs DNA would have been mixed with both Alien and humans, (the divine spark if you will). Done as a way to help the human race over all. That is why he was able to do the things he did and why he said we could do them also. Jesus and his off spring helped pass this new Christ like blood onto other future generations.

Over the years Aliens (or Angels if you like) have came to this planet and mixed with many people. Tutankhamun for example was also of mixed Alien blood. He claimed his father Akhenaten was from the stars and that he was in fact a Starchild. Both of these people did many things that changed history and mankind forever. They created the first world government and civilization that all other countries patterned after. I think because of this human DNA upgrade we all Sons and Daughters Of God.

Over the years many humans have been given upgrades to their DNA, Siddhartha Gautama (aka: Buddha), The Dalai Lama, John Lennon, Sammy Hagar, JFK, and many other social and political leaders, and celebrates are all mixed bloods, and in effect the brothers of Jesus.

Many stories in the Bible confirm what I say. Ezekiel 1:4-14 is all about Human/Alien encounters. There are SO many other bible stories to back up my views. Change the word Angel to Alien, and you'll find an entirely different story.

Over time the truth has been hidden, or changed, as a way to control the human race. Religion has ruled the Earth for along time and the current leaders want to keep it this way. Also as long as Humankind is blinded by the fact of our place in the universe it protects us from joining the universal alliances. Earth money and religion would be pointless with a new universal currency.

Sorry if I do not share your world views, but this is what I believe to be true. And when asked I feel lead to help share this information.- Timexx Nasty

-- Posted by timexx on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 1:35 PM
  • -- Posted by Turnip on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 1:56 PM
  • Rick. I have studied their longated skull also. At first it was said that it was only artist representaions. Until they found his mummy and found that he did in fact have a longated skull and sunken chest, just like ALIENS.

-- Posted by timexx on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • I will check that Rick, thanks!

-- Posted by timexx on Sun, Jun 26, 2011, at 4:01 PM
  • Many here have been watching "Ancient aliens"!

Im with my friend Rick, considering the Sioux nation new the earth was round long before Columbus was even born!

As for belief in life beyond our planet, absolutely. It seems a bit arrogant to me to believe we are alone in the Universe. Even most astronauts will tell you we have been and are being visited by some form of life. I believe before too long the truth will be known.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 9:28 AM
  • I have seen many UFOs and they are exactly that:

Unidentified Flying Objects

There are many interesting and (from our perspective) unexplainable events in our present world and in history. Studying them and attempting to explain them makes life interesting and is often the motivation for advances in knowledge.

I read 'Chariots of the Gods' and books on the Bermuda Triangle years ago, have listened in on 'Coast to Coast AM' late nights off and on for over 20 years ( I was a fan of talk radio long before talk radio was taken over by political pundits). This is a fascinating subject and will give a person cause to question the parameters of the world we live in. Those who speculate and conclude we come from alien life forms have gone beyond that which I will accept. But it does make interesting conversation.

We live in a complex world and much is beyond our comprehension!

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 10:54 AM
  • Now there's the classic-VOYAGER I was lookin' for!☺

Oh, I have NO-doubt there are "other"-beings in-existence, i.e., "aliens"---but as for the UFO's, as pertaining to their transit? I've never seen any such. But my Mom swore that she did, many times. Maybe not all of us have the gift? Not unlike the existence of an almighty God---maybe that knowledge is also a gift, that not every-human wants? Don't know. Anything's possible.

But I DO like RICK's-take on the "insane-asylum of the universe".

I mean, y' see what we done to MARS, before we got here? Turned it into an East St. Louis, we did!

But then again, the Martian-"streets" look a LOT-cleaner, to me...!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 11:29 AM
  • By the way, STNMSN8: Do you know of any other radio-stations that carry "Coast-To-Coast" for this area, other than KZIM?

Nothing wrong with KZIM, it's just that they cut their transmitter-power after 6:00p.m., and I lose the signal for the most-part.

Just wondering if there are any clear-channel stations that carry it, as well? Maybe even on Shortwave-band?

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 11:37 AM
  • Donk, I know a few folks that had friends of low military rank serving in the late '40s that claim they were ordered not to talk about certian things and never did.

Some of deep religous conviction believe UFO and other unexplainable things are work of satan allowed by the Almighty to test our faith and confuse the wicked.

I know one thing. I am not a brave man but if one landed in my back yard I don't think I could keep myself from walking right up close to investigate!

Might be some of our decendants on a time travel vacation.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 11:53 AM
  • donknome-2:

I know many radio stations do webcast of their stations. Often when I'm on the road, I can find a website and listen to Coast 2 Coast on line. You can find a list of stations and websites on http://www.coasttocoastam.com

-- Posted by timexx on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 12:48 PM
  • Thanks, TIMEXX! Of course, I'll NEVER admit that I didn't think of browsing for such, since that'd make me look rilly-stoopid!☺

And boy, if you could ONLY see my face NOW...!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 1:23 PM
  • OLD JOHN: Oh, that much I know from experience, even in civilian-life.

What year was it, that some Russian(?)satellite scattered chunks of scrap? Had to be at least 30-years ago now, because I wasn't living in this area at the time?

Anyways, the F.D. was called for "...pieces of smoking, metallic-like material, which had landed within an(I-55)construction zone." Upon arrival, accompanied by an H.P.-officer, there was, indeed, exactly what was described---four or five pieces, each about the size of a five-pound coffee-can.

The officer got on the radio, and just as quickly left to find a phone(no cells then, y'know), leaving orders to "not touch NUTHIN'!" til he returned.

Upon his return, he instructed us to cool it down with water, til it stopped smoking. He then got from his trunk what appeared to be a heavy-rubber bag, but not nearly as big as a "standard" body-bag. Anyway, he put "it" inside, assigned us an incident-number for the report, and said, "I'll get back to you."

Couple weeks later, our curiosity was maxed-out, so we checked the log for any feedback.

The incident-number was no where to be found. Upon being more "quizzical", we were informed that "...it was a glitch in the assignment-system, and there was NEVER a report by that assignment."

In other words: It Never Happened.

Next morning the sun came up, the birds were singing---and the world was as one again. And I still had my job, my pay, and my free-life about me. Some things just better left unsaid, eh?

(We should get paid for this kinda stuff---it's better than any of the drivel the papers' current staff can come up with.....LOL!!!)

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 2:04 PM
  • Sometimes, donknome, it's best to leave well enough alone.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • VOYAGER: And, indeed it was...

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 6:08 PM
  • Rick,

Weren't you attacked by a UFO once while trying to change the light bulb in your kitchen or something. Memory is a little fuzzy on the incident.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 9:33 PM
  • OK Rick,

Now I remember... it was an identifiable flying object as opposed to an unidentifiable flying object. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 9:54 PM
  • Rick

They say most accidents happen in the home.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 10:35 PM
  • donknome-2,

I went to

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

and found this:

Farmington-KREI-AM 940 1KW/150W

M-F: 12a-5a

Sat: 8p-12a

Sat: 12a-6a

Sun: 12a-5a

Festus-KJFF-AM 1400 1 KW

M-F: 12a-4a

Sat: 9p-12a

Sat: 12a-6a

Sun: 10p-4a

St. Louis-KTRS-AM 550 5 KW

M-F: 12a-5a

Sat: 8p-12a

Sat: 12a-5a

Sun: 12a-4:30a

There are some archived shows on the site. You can also go to the bottom right of the page and under Help and Support you can click on iTunes Podcast Help (PDF). I believe this will allow you to listen in on the computer.

George Noory is ok but I do miss Art Bell.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 10:38 PM
  • One of my favorite things about Coast to Coast is the music! I love those eerie tunes they play.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 11:23 PM
  • people who have experienced close encounters of the third kind all report hearing a humming vibration in their ears seconds before the encounter

-- Posted by Rick** on Mon, Jun 27, 2011, at 11:31 PM

That's the sound of their sanity escaping:)

-- Posted by Producer1 on Tue, Jun 28, 2011, at 9:01 AM
  • I used to listen to Coast to Coast when I worked night shift, interesting show, but a little to far out there someimes for me.

I really liked "America in the Morning with Jim Bohannon". It was kind of like a radio version of "CBS Sunday Mornings". Some very interestings stories on a wide range of things.

Also, a slight correction to stnmsn8's post. KREI is 800 am, not 940. It can only be heard within 30 or 40 miles of Farmington normally. I am not sure if they have a online feed.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Tue, Jun 28, 2011, at 11:10 AM
  • sorry about that goof, Joe.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Jun 28, 2011, at 9:25 PM
  • When I was a teenager living in SEMO I used to listen to clear channel WOAI 1200 AM out of San Antonio on a cheap transistor radio. They carry Coast to Coast. I bet with today's better radios like the C-Crane I have, you could pick it up quite nicely there.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Tue, Jun 28, 2011, at 10:22 PM
  • TC, Were those early Japanese transistor radios that good or was there just less interference? I had one that worked great in the early 60's or late 50's. Funny thing is I dont't know what happened to it but I still have the 9v battery that came with it. Not rusty or leaking either!

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 28, 2011, at 10:55 PM
  • Old John, I think they were really good quality. I had one that lasted years. My dad had one that he used to listen to Cardinal games. That radio still works and is at least 50 years old. My dad has been gone for 25 years and I still turn that radio on time to time.

I also had a small audio recorder/P.A. machine that used a corded mike and 3" reel to reel tape. I would drop the mike in my Buck Jones guitar sound hole and pretend I was playing on WSM.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 9:58 AM
  • I still have a small (Abt 6" X 4" X 1 1/2") Philco transistor radio that I purchased in either 1958 or 1959. It came in a genuine leather case. It was a little hard on battery so I soldered some light wires onto the battery contacts and had an external lantern battery connected to it for years. Guess I need to take those wires off and take it back to where it was as it still works.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 10:14 AM
  • Philco made some great products Wheels. My sister inherited my parents' 1935 Philco cabinet radio. It still works too, but she doesn't turn it on very often. It is a beautiful piece of furniture.

There used to be a TV and radio repair shop that used to be close to the Catholic Church in Jackson as best I can remember. I can't remember the man's name, but he would come to our house to replace the tubes when they would burn out. He also did house calls to repair our TV too. Those old radios and TV's needed a lot of ventilation because they got so hot.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 10:49 AM
  • TC,

I don't believe those old tube type radios had yet joined the "Green Movement". We had one that ran on battery. It was a dry cell that was about the size and shape of the batteries that went into a 47 Chevy. That Philco replaced an unknown brand of radio that was powered by a wet cell that my Dad would take to Gilbert Knopp's shop in Advance on Saturdays for a recharge.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 10:55 AM
  • WHEELS: And you've still got it? If so, THAT-one you might wanna mark-down as an heirloom!

And I assume the lantern-battery was the "small" 6-volt, and probably with screw-tops, to boot?

About 6 x 1 1/2---undoubtedly used what, four-AA's, "stacked" parallel?

I had a GE 6-tranny, roughly that size---but it'd been more like, oh, mid-'60/early '70's?

At first, I thought: "Are you SURE it was that old, with transistors?" But, I caught myself, because I have here, in-front of me, a GE AM-FM, Model 7-2660-D(with Integrated-Circuit AND-AFC! Whoa, dude!☺)---probably about '60-'66?---with the battery/AC option. Uses 4-AA, stacked in detachable "magazine". And, YES, it too was/is hell on batteries!

But my favorite was STILL Grandma's table-top Philco, with about a dozen-tubes. I LOVED the "ooo-WEE-ooo"-sound it made, as the tubes heated-up, and started to "fine-tune" the frequency, so to speak...!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 10:55 AM
  • TC: Maybe Bakers? Or Southards?

Probably Elmer Southards' Radio/TV, as it's relatively-close to that-particular church.

Building's still there, but I don't think it's a repair-shop anymore---don't know if the kids' carried it on after Mr. Southard passed-on, or not?

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 11:02 AM
  • Donknome-2

I think this little Philco sported 4 transistors and was not that good by today's standards. Yes on the lantern battery, that is what I used and I do believe it was 4 AA batteries, but they would have been in a serial connection to get the 6 volts needed.

I have the radio put away somewhere??? since I moved about 4 years ago. My brother-in-law was a Philco dealer at the time and I thought the radio was just so cute I had to have it. I think his cost may have been around $35 at the time. It was one of Philco's first transistor radios.

It could not have been after 59 that I bought it because that was when my oldest daughter was born and there was no money for luxuries like this after that.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 12:02 PM
  • Seems I remember some of those labled as seven transistor.

Now off to the post office I go, other errands, then I have to dig out a couple of those old radios to see!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 12:12 PM
  • Spank,

In the days before you were born, I used to take all of the suspect tubes out of the Tv when it was not working and go up to the local convenience type store of the day who had a tube tester and check them out. If this did not produce a bad tube. It was back home for the rest of them. Sometimes I was even able to find the bad one and we had TV for a while. If not we waited until we had money to lug it in to a shop and see if they were smarter than me. Most often they were. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

They always had long names for defective parts.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 4:09 PM
  • Now off to the post office I go, other errands, then I have to dig out a couple of those old radios to see!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 12:12 PM

All right!!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 5:01 PM
  • Thanks guys for reminding me about Southards. It jogged my memory. I believe his first name was Ray or Roy. And I do remember that Zenith advertising sign he had on his shop. I thought he was one of the smartest people on earth because he could fix all of those broken TV's and radios in his shop.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Jun 29, 2011, at 10:25 PM
  • I dug out one radio, can't find the other ones I thought I had. This one says "All Transistor". Still works, has the leather cover and ear phones with a plug for an outside antenna.

Lorberg on Sprigg in Cape is still equipped to repair the old style TVs and radios.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 30, 2011, at 7:22 AM
  • Doh. You said in your post Spank that Southard's first name was Elmer and I completely missed it the first time I read it. I got Elmer confused with his son's name and his son wasn't named Ray but I am pretty sure it was Jay.

Then that got me thinking about the comedian who used to say you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me Johnny .... **** I need to get out of this Texas heat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Thu, Jun 30, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • -- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 9:42 AM
  • Joe,

That cheap shat you guys are smoking down there will get you everytime. ;-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 9:49 AM
  • A couple of things I found, uh, interesting about that article.

First, who knew there was a UFO festival in Piedmont?

Second, they say...communicates with the dead and extraterrestrial's, as well as living trees and plants.

Even if I could, I doubt I would talk to a plant, their life seems so boring to me.

Wheels,

I am hoping just was just traveling through the area and was not a local resident. I couldnt stand the thought that this woman could be behind me in line at Wal Mart using her "P-Scan" vision to find out what I ate for lunch!

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 10:50 AM
  • "First, who knew there was a UFO festival in Piedmont?"

The people/??? riding in the UFO's maybe? I didn't know there was a UFO festival in Piedmont, but it sounds like fun. Kind of sorry I am already committed for this weekednd, maybe we could have all met there.

10-4 on the Walmart checkout line.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 11:00 AM
  • A lot of strange things in SEMO over the years. Many UFOs were sighted in the Cape area and seems I remember a ghost light being figured out to be swamp gas. I know illusions can be tricky for once as a kid I saw two moons identical and opposite one another just after sundown.

Then there is the legend of the Campbell Mo area [I think] fellow that had to wear weights to keep himself from defying gravity when he slept.

I've always thought it possible for gravity to be neutralized and some day that will be discovered. Or was it discovered and lost by the guy that built the rock garden casstle without help from man or machine? It took modern equipment to move it to it's present Fla. location.

As my unc once said, if man can dream it, someday man will do it!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 5:53 PM
  • The story of Ed Leedskalnin and his Coral Castle is interesting. He was a secretive man and no one has as yet been able to explain how he built his Coral Castle single-handedly. He often worked at night and was known to say that he had discovered the secrets of the pyramids.

This is not imagination. Although Ed Leedskalnin took his secrets to the grave, he left the Coral Castle near Homestead, Florida. It can be toured today but no one can explain how he built it or exactly how it functions.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4225517&page=1

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2056

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Jul 1, 2011, at 11:41 PM
  • stnmsn8, I thought I read somewhere that it was relocated after his death. Also that he had written down all his secrets, but the journal was accidentally destroyed by a fire.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jul 3, 2011, at 12:33 AM
  • Old John,

According to Wikipedia, Edward began building in the 1920s but relocated the garden in the 1930s. You will find some of his writings along with discussion of his methods on these links:

http://www.electricitybook.com/edward-leedskalnin

http://www.world-mysteries.com/coralcastle.htm

http://www.parabook.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/mystery-at-coral-castle/

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Leedskalnin

I find the stories of Leedskalnin and Nikola Tesla fascinating. They seem to have been misunderstood men who understood secrets of this world. Both seem to have understood the secrets of electricity and magnetism that we could make use of today.

There are conflicting stories but it seems that Tesla understood a method of transmitting electricity wirelessly. He was in the process of building a facility at Wardenclyfe (1901-1905) when differences with J. P. Morgan caused financing for the project to be withdrawn. One account states that Tesla included wireless transmission of energy secretly in his plans and Morgan reacted strongly when he found there would be no way to meter and charge for the energy transmitted.

Supposedly, in 1931 Tesla worked with Pierce Arrow and Westinghouse corporations to produce a trial electric vehicle. This car was operated for a week at speeds up 90 mph without a battery or apparent source of energy. Energy was received through an antenna on the vehicle.

http://www.teslasociety.com/teslashorelab.htm

http://www.reformation.org/nikola-tesla.html

-- Posted by Robert* on Sun, Jul 3, 2011, at 9:59 AM
  • stnmsn8, As a teenager I met a fellow that for some reason took an interest in my curiousity. He worked for a company that had "Bell" in the name. [can't remember if it was bell-... something or what] Anyway, he claimed his home was totally of the electric grid or any other form of purchased energy and tried to explain to me how it worked. All I remember understanding was it started by inputing a small amount of free energy in the airwaves and amplifying that to usable electricity. I was aware of solar power, more in form of heat in those days and couldn't get past thinking the sun was the source, but have later wondered if he had took Tesla'a theorys to fruitation. Of course this all assumes he wasn't just spinning a yarn to impress me.

Thanks for the links, time now to quit asking questions and start reading the answers you so kindly took time to find for me.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jul 3, 2011, at 11:48 AM

Respond to this thread