[SeMissourian.com] Overcast ~ 63°F  
River stage: 21.62 ft. Falling
Saturday, Apr. 25, 2015
Post reply Read replies (41) More threads Create thread

May 21 Judgement Day
Posted by swift on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 4:22 PM:

Here's some more information on this that was earlier posted on "Are You Ready?"

http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

"What is the Timeline of History?

The timeline of history is God's predetermined timetable for the unfolding of God's Gospel program for this world. In other words the length of time between the day God created this world in 11,013 B.C. and the day he will destroy it in October 21, 2011.

The discovery of this information built the foundation for what God would later reveal from the Bible as the date for the end.

Judgment Day on May 21, 2011 is the culmination of five decades of intensive biblical study by Mr. Camping and other bible teachers who have discovered the same biblical data."

"What will take place on May 21?

On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants."

Since his premise is wrong, then his conclusion must be also. I'm not worried!

Replies

May 21st is also Armed Forces Day. Don't forget to take time, during the earthquake and waking of the dead, to take time to thank a serviceman for his duty.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 4:26 PM

I'm celebrating an anniversary on May 21st.

Yes, May 21,1934 is the 77th anniversary of the first city in the U.S. to do their part in welcoming the high tech police state.

Oskaloosa Iowa government officials fingerprinted every person in their city ,including the children. Kind of a Norman Rockwell meets George Orwell moment wouldn't you say?

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 5:20 PM

All predictions on this matter depend on "man's" conception of time.

God's time is known only to the Father.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 5:40 PM

the Earth is billions of years old .

of course things change over billions of years .

nothing is permanent but change .

-- Posted by Rick* on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 6:00 PM

The bible also say He will sweep down on us like a thief in the night and we will not know the hour or day

-- Posted by BG10 on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 7:50 PM

Well, I'm not a Bible scholar, the first thing I thought of reading this, is we won't be suffering through all the political commericals.

-- Posted by exmissourian on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:25 PM

I'm still going with the Dec. 21st, 2012 doomsday.

I reckon it will play out like this; Mr. Obama will lose the election in November, but will demand a recount. The recount will delay the vote of the Electoral College, but he will lose the recount. The Electors will vote on Dec. 21, 2012, sealing the election for Mr. Obama's opponent.

Despondent, Mr. Obama will throw himself on the 'big red button', much in the manner of Charleton Heston at the end of the film 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes', thus destroying all life on Earth, with the exception of a few stragglers who live out scenes from 'The Road Warrior'...

Too bad most of you won't be around to congratulate me for predicting the scenario so accurately... ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:42 PM

life is a circle , what begins ends .

what has happened before will happen again .

-- Posted by Rick* on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:33 PM

Shapley your 8:42 post was close to reality IMO.

If there is an election in 2012 I believe it will be Obama and Gov. Rick Perry. But I believe that it is more likely that Obama will be the last American president.

I believe that because I see a natural or more likely false flag un-imagionable disaster coming in the next year or so that most of the people will have no problem when Obama declares martial law to keep them safe and to keep his banker handlers happy.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:51 PM

May 21 is the annivrsary date of the "49 Tornado" that ripped through Cape Girardeau. I remember it will.

It killed my Great Aunt.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:24 AM

Thought Criminal...was your last name "Henny Penny"?

Rick..You are correct life is a circle...neverending, perfectly balanced. And...what happened before will happen again...hopefully not to me unless it was really good!

-- Posted by Theorist on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 12:34 PM

Some regular posters would inject politics during your grandpapies eulogy.

-- Posted by ziggie on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 2:28 PM

Unfortunately, he bases all his calculations on a predisposed date for Creation. If his premise is wrong, his conclusion must also be wrong.

Also, his interpretation of Revelation is faulty. He places the May 21 event as taking place as a fulfillment of Revelation 16:17-21 under the 7th Vial Judgement, "17And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.18And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.19And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.20And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.21And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

Now, many of you may be familiar with the outline of Revelation. There are Seven Seals, Seven Trumpets, and Seven Vials. Under the 7th Seal, the Seven Trumpets sound. Under the 7th Trumpet, Seven Vials are poured out.

The Rapture, as described in IThessalonians 4:16,17 is better a fulfillment of Matthew 24:29-31 "29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

That is described in Revelation 6:12-17 "12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" That is under the 6th Seal.

Therefore, the Rapture occurs sometime between the opening of the Sixth Seal in Revelation Six and the opening of the Sevent Seal in Revelation Eight. Revelation Seven gives us a picture of the Saints who are in glorified resurrected/raptured bodies in heaven while the trumpets sound and the vials are poured out.

Now, none of the events of Revelation 6:12-17 through Revelation 16:1-16 have occurred!

What if his premise of the date of Creation is correct, and what if his calculations are correct? His conclusion is still faulty because of his faulty interpretation.

Bottomline: Just be ready for whatever does occur! If Saturday proves to just a regular day, and we have no evidence to prove it won't be, then Harold Camping has lost all credibility!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Posted by swift on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 3:57 PM

Well, I'm not planning on mowing my lawn until Sunday. I'd sure hate to waste the gas if the lawn is going to be destroyed on Saturday...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 4:16 PM

Oh, and special thanks to our service men and women! As posted by Shapley Hunter, Saturday is Armed Forces Day!

-- Posted by swift on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 4:38 PM

Wheels,

If the end of the world is coming Saturday, it's a bit late to worry about the grass now. If we're going to be condemned to some sort of Sisyphian task, perputually pushing a lawnmower up a hill, only to have the grass regrow at the same rate as we mow, methinks regretting our past sins now is probably going to do little to alter the hands of fate.

"The moving finger writes and, having writ,

moves on. Nor all you piety nor with

shall call it back to erase a single line,

nor all your tears wash out one word of it."

- Omar Khayyam -

Besides, mowing doesn't kill the grass any more than haircuts kill hair... ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 4:59 PM

Wheels

i try to take grass's feelings into account as often as i can..☺

-- Posted by Rick* on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 8:09 PM

Talk to the cow about grass's feelings. What about the cow's feelings (and stomach). And then there's the horses, goats, sheep, and a few other crittrers.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 6:16 AM

Swift, it's nuts like you that keeps nuts like us informed. Thanks for nutting.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 6:40 AM

Swift, are you really sure you want to take your blog to the big city? Last time I peeked into this site and found you here, these city boys pretty well ripped you to pieces.

Better stay on the Statesman site, where everyone ignores you and you can post back and forth to yourself.

Hi, Dexterite--fancy meeting you here!

-- Posted by goat lady on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 7:15 AM

Rapture or Rupture?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 1:24 PM

Thought Criminal...was your last name "Henny Penny"?

-- Posted by Theorist on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 12:34 PM

"Was" my last name Henny Penny you asked? You must be psychic Theorist. I have been saying the type of things I do for 40 years. The first few years of being a government watcher and skeptic my name in fact was Henry R. Penny. But I legally changed my name to Paul Revere to better reflect the service I do for people especially like you. :)

And if remember correctly wasn't your name Pollyanna? :)

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 1:56 PM

Goat Lady, really I'm not bothered! Gordon Greene has the best blog on the Statesman, in my opinion, and he gets little or no response. But anyway, I'm glad you posted on this! LOL!

Dexterite, nuts like us get bored and ready nutty stuff! LOL

Hey, nobody bothered to answer Have Wheels Will Travel about the green bananas. I'd say, buy green ones and stock up on them, because if this earthquake tomorrow is world wide, you're not going to be buying any anytime soon. Anyone know of any specials on bananas?

-- Posted by swift on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 3:52 PM

I was going to stock up on unsalted cashews, but decided that was just plain nuts...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 4:34 PM

As usual, I disagree with you, swift. The Statesman website used to be great--everyone posted like they do on here. That was before you and hoon chased us off and turned it into a right-wing, political and religious wasteland. Now the only voices we hear are preachers and politicians.

See how much more interesting it is when you have diversity?

-- Posted by goat lady on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 9:27 PM

Mother Earth is over 3,000,000,000 billion years old .

are we naive enuff to believe our 2,011 years are going to destroy 3,000,000,000 billion years in one day ?

the Earth and Sky go on forever

-- Posted by Smoke. on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 9:58 PM

Scientists estimate the age of the Earth at 4,540,000,000 years.

I had a teacher in grade school that could probably remember most of them...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 10:19 PM

This reminds me of December 3, 2000, the day Iben Browning predicted, despite having no real scientific evidence, the big earthquake along the New Madrid fault and many people believed it would happen. Browning was totally discredited and died a year later, although he did succeed in enhancing earthquake preparedness in the area. Likewise, Camping will be discredited but may succeed in getting some people to think about "judgment day."

-- Posted by tom on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 10:36 PM

In a way, this guy is a nutcase. But, because of his dire predictions, others who were so nonchalant about the end have taken an interest in finding their God. So, on Sunday, Harold Camping, if he's still around, will claim credit in the re-birth of Christianity, saying that our Savior has taken notice of said re-birth and has decided postpone the inevitable. But he will also say, God can only take care of us for so long - so send money.

-- Posted by Beaker on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 10:40 PM

It was 1990, and there was a minor quake along the New Madrid fault about month before the predicted date, which stirred some interest in the prediction.

It was based on scientific analysis. Mr. Browning claimed that earthquakes were greatly influenced by the gravitational pull of heavenly bodies, and the alignment of certain planets on that partucular date would produce a significant gravitational pull on the Earth. He was not a quake quack, he had some reasoning behind his prediction.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 8:50 PM

Is Rome still on the map? The same kind of earthquake stir has been going on there I think.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 11:21 PM

Goat Lady, I'm sorry we "chased' you off. Actually, we didnot. I'm not a right winger. I made it clear to you on an earlier post on a much earlier blog, not mine own, that I was going back to my Prohibitionist roots. You apparently have not read my latest blogs and have not seen my latest replies to Actually's excellent blog? Liberals such as yourself have a hard time reading blogs from whom you consider to be "far right". I'm NOT "far right'. Did you look at the Prohibition Party proposed platform? It embodies Christian Progressive Populism, hardly right or left. Did you check out the "Obama Deception" docementary I posted. It is as hard on GW Bush as on President Obama. Did you read my blog on Martin Luther King Jr, a man I happen to admire? I doubt you did, or you would have seen my obvious indepent thought. There would be more diversity if folks like you would quit your constant implied hatred of views other than your own. We've had some good dialogues in the past, gl. I welcome them on my blog entries. You don't need to stoop to attacking those you disagree with. By the way, Hoon hasn't even been on for awhile unless he's changed his name!

Keep posting gl but please dialogue and not attack.

-- Posted by swift on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 3:54 PM

Goat Lady, I'm sorry we "chased' you off. Actually, we didnot. I'm not a right winger. I made it clear to you on an earlier post on a much earlier blog, not mine own, that I was going back to my Prohibitionist roots. You apparently have not read my latest blogs and have not seen my latest replies to Actually's excellent blog? Liberals such as yourself have a hard time reading blogs from whom you consider to be "far right". I'm NOT "far right'. Did you look at the Prohibition Party proposed platform? It embodies Christian Progressive Populism, hardly right or left. Did you check out the "Obama Deception" docementary I posted. It is as hard on GW Bush as on President Obama. Did you read my blog on Martin Luther King Jr, a man I happen to admire? I doubt you did, or you would have seen my obvious indepent thought. There would be more diversity if folks like you would quit your constant implied hatred of views other than your own. We've had some good dialogues in the past, gl. I welcome them on my blog entries. You don't need to stoop to attacking those you disagree with. By the way, Hoon hasn't even been on for awhile unless he's changed his name!

Keep posting gl but please dialogue and not attack.

-- Posted by swift on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 3:55 PM

Well, heres the latest update on false prophet Camping!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/inal...

-- Posted by swift on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 4:07 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration:

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.