Speak Out: Morley Swingle article about Licentious Sex

Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:04 PM:

Morley Swingle archived article from 2003. http://www.wmsa.net/news/semissourian/031111_da_swingle.htm

Replies (34)

• Does this mean the wife cant whip me anymore while I am hog tied and gagged?

OK back on the road. 450 miles away and getting cold.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:16 PM
  • Do you meam to tell me all this activity I've being doing regularly for years is now considered "Licentious Sex"?

Oh my!

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:30 PM
  • OK. Thats it. Out of my bedroom!!!! Next thing you know there will be a tax on sex.

-- Posted by ArcticFox on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:35 PM
  • Why did you post this? Just curious.

-- Posted by clkv on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 2:00 PM
  • Ditto clkv's question.

Kudos for posting it under your real name or was the user-name hijacked?

Extremely childish. It would have been judged less harshly, had it been posted in reference to the official misconduct discussion a few weeks back.

-- Posted by peacock111 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 2:36 PM
  • Interesting Comments CLKVS AND propound, I posted it because first it is a well written piece and gives some fascinating insight as to how Morley Swingle came to the opinion that a judges decision referring to a conceal and carry law was wrong but also because Morley made a joke about maybe participating in Lecentious sex someday. Undoubtedly you and others may want to make political hay by trying to discredit and destroy the messenger once again. Lighten up! The article is authentic and it is clear that Morley Swingle is making the statement about participating in Lecentious sex some day as a joke. Thanks, Jay

-- Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 2:50 PM
  • I would expect nothing less from Purcell. Integrity, honesty, and civility are not his strongsuit. This is just another reason he won't be on the commission in 2 years.

-- Posted by Mr Goodtime on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 2:55 PM
  • Maybe I need to contact the newspaper and claim my blogger account was hacked into and disavow any knowledge of this forum. lol! lol!

-- Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 2:59 PM
  • Jay Purcell advising others to "Lighten up!" rf lmao

-- Posted by ho ho ho on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 3:11 PM
  • The hacking thing probably wouldn't work for you. Your history of vitriolic statements and your distorted sense of reality make this forum your "norm." Need I say more?

-- Posted by Mr Goodtime on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 3:21 PM
  • I'm not trying to make political hay....I really was just curious as to why you posted that.

-- Posted by clkv on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:03 PM
  • Fair enough! I think judging by the first few replies every one was taking it as it was intended. Thanks, Jay

-- Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:07 PM
  • Just read the first few lines of this article and then the last !! lol

-- Posted by Cape Citizen on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 4:47 PM
  • Lecentious Sex Rules! I truely to do it all the time. I urge Morley Swingle and everyone else to give it a go! It's a lot of fun!

-- Posted by timexx on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:30 PM
  • Interesting!

-- Posted by sayswho? on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 5:46 PM
  • HEY MRS. GMAN, come in here, have something for you to read on the computer. LOL.

-- Posted by gman on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 7:13 PM
  • Hmmm...1:04, 2:50, 4:07...shouldn't you be at work doing something productive? Your tax dollars at work, folks.

-- Posted by smallpotatoes on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 9:46 PM
  • Small potatoes amazing what a tech savvy commissioner can do with a wireless card and a laptop. Sorry I didnt respond sooner I was involved with a SB40 board meeting from 7pm till 9;30 PM,so I am responding now. Thanks, Jay

-- Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 10:06 PM
  • In the words of OB1 Kenobe, licentious, "Now there's a name I haven't heard in yeeeahs." What is the point of this post??????????

-- Posted by JungleJim on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • How ironic for Swingle to use that particular metaphor. Also strange, not suprising but still a bit odd that a Republican representing a Southeast Missouri county being against concealed carry.

I've been a critic of Jay Purcell's before, but I don't see a few items posted on a forum taking a total of no more than 15 minutes to draft, revise, and publish as a huge waste of taxpayer's time especially when our elected officials spend so much additional time in meetings like the SB40 meeting refrenced above.

Mr. Purcell do you know anything about a possible civil lawsuit against Phyllis Schwab alledging official misconduct?

-- Posted by mynameismud on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:23 PM
  • Swingle's article is about a court ruling on the conceal and carry law - not about sex. The title of your post is "Morley Swingle article about Licentious Sex." You are playing into the lowest level of discourse and wallowing in gossipy slime mongering. Your inability to confront, or dishonesty, prevent your dealing with real issues up front and openly, and this has led you to drag an unfortunate situation in another man's life in a sad effort to burnish your past bad acts. Why wasn't the headlline "Swingle was wrong about calling out my wrongdoing, because he has moral failings too!" Or, more cleverly, "Swingle calls into question appellate court ruling on conceal and carry - the same guys who said I was wrong in my lawsuit!" Since you are an elected official in this county Mr. Purcell, turn you attentions away from building yourself up by tearing down others, and toward making this a good place to live. Success in the former, will follow from real and sincere efforts in the latter. It's not about you - quit trying to make it so!

-- Posted by Wiley Penner on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:24 PM
  • Morely SWINGgle is an embarrassment to himself, his Family, and worst of all this County. He is NOT the great Prosecuter many here seem to think he is. Wiley Penner said to Jay, " Since you are an elected official in this county, turn your attentions away from building yourself up by tearing down others, and toward making this a good place to live. Much the same could be said about your pal Morely Penner! Time for Morely to GO!

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 5:19 AM
  • Wiley Penner- Take a breath, go back and read the article that Morley Swingle wrote and reread the title of his article which as follows---Warning-Licentious sex is unconstitutional! It was clearly a joke on his behalf then and is still now.

-- Posted by J Purcell on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 6:44 AM
  • Good article.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 7:10 AM
  • I am thinking Mr Goodtime is Morley???? The name obviously fits.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 10:09 AM
  • adidas, well you could be right!

I really hope Morley is on here, and I hope he can fully appreciate the depth of disgust that the taxpayers have over his inability to perform the job he was paid to do. And, while I'm at it, my personal disgust at what he's done to his family. He is at the very least a hypocrit, and it just goes down from there. His high morale ground obviously did not apply to himself, and his poor family had to have their post private nightmare out in the open for all to comment on simply because Morley failed to see the line he crossed between personal and professional. What a blooming idiot! When is he going to be forced out of office?

-- Posted by sayswho? on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 12:32 PM
  • the old saying "hell has nothing on a woman scorned" - I hope that is true!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 1:10 PM
  • Rest assured, I'm not Morley Swingle. Just a guy that believes you can't trust Jay Purcell as far as you can throw him. Also, It should be noted that I was not a big fan of Gerald Jones. I just don't like to read about our County Commission acting like children.

-- Posted by Mr Goodtime on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 2:20 PM
  • Well, I kind of doubt that anyone would want to fess up to being Morley Swingle at this point in time!

-- Posted by sayswho? on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 5:11 PM
  • So does this mean the wife and I can no longer use furry critters?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 6:13 PM
  • MS. Sure did a woman, that I know, a "favor" by keeping her son off of the sex offender list. I wonder what kind of favor that she did for him?

-- Posted by 44044 on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 7:32 PM
  • What! I don't think anyone should be given any special treatment when it comes to staying off a sex offender's list. The only gray area where this could possibly even be excusable would be when a young person has a girlfriend who is underage. Anything else, and there should be no exceptions. If there are exceptions being granted, then once again, Morley has failed to do his job. She's your friend, so tell us, any exchange of favors there?

-- Posted by sayswho? on Wed, Feb 9, 2011, at 8:15 PM
  • So Licentious Nastiness is still ongoing. Makes me embarrassed to have to admit being born in Cape Girardeau.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 13, 2011, at 4:03 PM
  • This entire piece including comments is stupid.

-- Posted by daniel on Sun, Feb 13, 2011, at 6:33 PM

Respond to this thread