Speak Out: Should Pluto be reinstated as a planet?

Posted by KoH_Cliff on Mon, Aug 24, 2009, at 1:16 PM:

It has moons that orbit it therefore I would consider it a planet! I think they have found 3 "natural satellites" for Pluto. With that said, there are 2 or 3 other Kuiper belt objects that have orbiting satellites that should probably be inducted into our solar system as planets as well. Maybe one day NASA will stop wasting money on a lot of the junk they do and use to to get better answers about the rocks that float out there.

Replies (7)

• -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Aug 24, 2009, at 1:18 PM
  • absolutely, positively..no doubt about it. Pluto has been 'dissed' long enough. ☻

-- Posted by Turnip on Mon, Aug 24, 2009, at 2:41 PM
  • Definitely yes. We could then hang a big sign on it."THIS IS PALIN COUNTRY". Then we would know for sure actually what planet she is on. Brilliant idea *Rick*.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Aug 24, 2009, at 5:45 PM
  • Is Pluto a really small dog, or is Mickey a really big mouse?

-- Posted by Lumpy on Mon, Aug 24, 2009, at 10:21 PM
  • If Mickey is really that big of a mouse then we need bigger mouse traps.

-- Posted by 3kids_mom on Mon, Aug 31, 2009, at 6:17 PM
  • You know I think our planet is really arrogant. Consider the fact that we are so selfish we want to start judging everyone elses rock, and we decide whether or not they classify as a planet. Imagine if they are lookin at us through a really high class telescope and hearing our jibberish. Couldn't you imagine this conversation. They would be talkin about whether or not the water ball (earth as we know it) should be classified as a planet? Naw prolly not it would be too close to the sun to be inhabitable, and if it were; the inhabitants would be hostile, prone to violence, and highly uncooperative due to galactical location. If we can't call Pluto a planet it sure does seem like an awful waste of space. Good thread though.

-- Posted by howudoin on Mon, Aug 31, 2009, at 10:13 PM
  • I think mickey is a normal sized mouse and pluto is an actual flea tapered to look like a dog for cartoon purposes. Goofy was actually a rat, donald a sparrow, et cetera. If you draw it as they actually were then you would not have a romantic imagery. Can you imagine a rat, a mouse, a flea, and sparrow kickin it. Naw they tried that with charlottes web and it was only good for a book and one movie. Now ducks mice and dumb dogs; that is walt disney baby.

-- Posted by howudoin on Mon, Aug 31, 2009, at 10:18 PM

Respond to this thread