Speak Out: Limbaugh begins rush to insanity.

Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:28 AM:

Commissar Limbaugh begins ordering his troops into battle.

Commissar -- My definition: An unelected leader that asserts full control over the minds and actions of a group of followers.

One of Commissar Limbaugh's first actions was to direct his minions in the House of Representatives to "send President Obama a repeal bill every week and make him veto it."

The facts of the matter are that it is impossible for any bill to go to the President for veto, unless there is agreement on the final version between the House and Senate.

Doubtlessly Commissar Limbaugh is aware of this, as are the GOP leaders in the House. Seemingly the target of his rant must be his radio audience, who he must therefore believe is ignorant enough to swallow his "weekly repeal veto" command as being an action that could and should be attempted. In all probability, the House will try to follow Commissar Limbaugh's orders, even though it is futile. After all, to ignore the Commissar is to risk bringing down his wrath on those who would stray from the path he has laid out.

Replies (56)

• Good for Rush! Way to go! YEAH !!!!!!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:45 AM
  • A less than perfect something is better than a well thought out nothing..

-- Posted by Capealumni on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 7:14 AM
  • You can't fix stupid.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 7:34 AM
  • If the word "insanity" is going to be used, please attach it to where it belongs. Our President is the insane one and the votes let him know about it less than a week ago.

-- Posted by mo_ky_fellow on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 7:51 AM
  • Rick, I wouldn't have described Limbaugh exactly as you did, but gee, I can't really disagree with you! : - )

-- Posted by donacita on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 7:51 AM
  • mo_ky_fellow, the votes were not any different than what happened in 2008 probably will swing back to Dem in 2012 if Republicans waste their time on pety stuff like this instead of actually fixing things.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 8:19 AM
  • Rush is a "shock jock" and says things to get a reaction. Just like the bizarre things the liberal pundits mouth in the media, the conservative people have their spokeperson. Fortunately Rush is not an elected official, a lot of the Dem crazies are in elected office.

-- Posted by ParkerDaws on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 8:31 AM
  • Obviously Common listens to Limbaugh regularly!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 8:51 AM
  • And exactly how are the Republicans supposed to go about "actually fixing things?" Compromise with the President and the Democrats (i.e. cave in to the Dems?

Reaching agreement is one thing, compromise is entirely another. But, of course, neither Common nor Rant understand that.

Compromise with an evil and evil will always win.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:06 AM
  • Never listen to Limbaugh. I didn't realize he had so much power,

It reminds me of things said about Palin. The best one is the liberals thinks she said she could see Russia from her house. They have no idea it was a joke on Saturday Night Live.

Next thing will be that Tom and Jerry have taken up arms against Elmer Fud.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:10 AM
  • Oh no Regret you used the P word again. Now we have to listen to their tireless rants again about Sarah.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:20 AM
  • Originally, I could take just about 30 minutes of

Rush. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the time shortened to 15 minutes. These days I listen only when I remember, which is hardly ever. Not anything against Rush, Its just I'm involved in more interesting things.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:27 AM
  • I would say this is easily disprovable. Now that Rush has issued the order, we have but to wait. If the Congress does not pass a bill every week, for the President to veto, they obviously are not following his orders. This will either prove or disprove the claims of the Democrats once and for all, will it not?

Let us wait and see...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:36 AM
  • Palin/Limbaugh in 2012!!!

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:54 AM
  • I often feel liberals lend more credence to Limbaugh and than conservatives.

I can't stand to listen to him though we may share similar political ideologies in some areas. He is nothing more than an entertainer who isn't all that entertaining and takes himself to seriously.

-- Posted by Acronym on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 10:00 AM
  • I would take $40 million a year seriously. Very seriously. Dang, the guy must be doing something right.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 10:59 AM
  • Hey, Little Man AKA Ike/Spaniard, apparently it never occurred to you great minds work in similar channels.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:10 AM
  • The way extremists think (or fail to) be they liberal or conservative, if a demagogue tells them that eating a horse bagel will hurt the other guy, they will all be breaking their necks to get to the pasture and scoop some up. When paid demagogues like Limbaugh are influencing policy, we are indeed on perilous ground.

-- Posted by FOXTROT007 on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:14 AM
  • Spaniard wrote:

"I listen to him quite often. It's amazing how many of his arguments and talking points are repeated on these threads by those who swear they aren't Limbaugh fans."

As I recall, he just scans the news stories and offers a conservative commentary on the things he finds there. The same thing occurs in nearly every conservative circle around the country.

To the best of my knowledge, Mr. Limbaugh neither owns the only subscription to the newspapers nor has the monopoly on conservative thought. I suspect that Mr. Limbaugh repeats the thoughts of others just as often as his thoughts are repeated.

I know he is a big fan of Prof. Walter Williams, for example, and shares Prof. Williams' thoughts with his listeners quite often. Now, I can read Prof. Williams' commentary without listening to it on Rush Limbaugh's show, because it is syndicated in a number of Newspapers around the country, as well as being available online. It is entirely possible to comment on Prof. Williams' commentary without having heard in on Mr. Limbaugh's show. I'm sure that happens quite often.

Many of the comments made by those left-leaning posters here mirror comments that can be found on the Daily Kos and the Huffington Post. Does that make Mr. Moulitsas or Ms. Huffington some sort of defacto leaders of the Democrat party?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:22 AM
  • If I want to know what Rush says I just get on here. I can find out all his key points by listening in to the lefties on here. Thank you all for helping me save my valuable time.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:28 AM
  • I listen to him quite often. It's amazing how many of his arguments and talking points are repeated on these threads by those who swear they aren't Limbaugh fans.

-- Posted by Spaniard on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:05 AM

Well, I don't listen to him or Glen Beck, but I am pretty sure we agree on some points, so I would not be surprised if some of my comments mirrored both or either. I don't listen to talk radio; rarely listen to any radio.

I have nothing against Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Colmbs, or anyone else, I just don't find them interesting or entertaining.

-- Posted by Acronym on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 12:57 PM
  • And exactly how are the Republicans supposed to go about "actually fixing things?" Compromise with the President and the Democrats (i.e. cave in to the Dems?

Reaching agreement is one thing, compromise is entirely another. But, of course, neither Common nor Rant understand that.

Compromise with an evil and evil will always win.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:06 AM

Voyager basically admitting to republicans being useless? That is pretty harsh.

I used to listen to Rush, I still watch fox news a few hours each week because I like to get both sides. But Rush fabricates and exaggerates things to much for me... the sad thing is people believe it. I could go online and debunk a good chunk of Rush's talking points withen minutes throughout entire shows.

He does it for ratings, I am sure he knows he exaggerates situations... but if makes some money so I don't blame him.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 1:29 PM
  • Rant, "basically admitting to republicans being useless" illustrates once again you miss the point...as you so often do.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 2:37 PM
  • If I were to listen to Limbaugh every day it would only be to irritate a liberal.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 3:28 PM
  • I only listen to him on the days before elections so that I know how to vote.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 3:41 PM
  • one4kids wrote:

"There was a time when doing the right thing wasn't about where one fell on the political spectrum but rather based upon what was for the good of the country."

I think it still is, but there is major difference of opinion as to what is good for the country. Also, since the government has grown in size and in authority, so much of our arguments about what is good for the country involve the level of government intrusion. The gist of the argument boils down this: by and large the 'liberals' believe that more government intrusion is good for the country, and the 'conservatives' believe that less government intrusion is good for the country.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 4:50 PM
  • Rush and Glen Beck are useless to me. I glean my news from CBS morning and evening, the papers STL and Capes, and a little talk radio.

Neal Boortz is the only one I listen to. He is in the middle but points out government waste. He especially hates bureaucrats, TSA, and politicians in general that spawn the waste.

I'm a big boy and I make my own decisions but I see everything from a business standpoint which we should all do.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:11 PM
  • The gist of the argument boils down this: by and large the 'liberals' believe that more government intrusion is good for the country, and the 'conservatives' believe that less government intrusion is good for the country.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 4:50 PM

I would object first of all to the use of the word "intrusion" because it is not accurate enough. Involvement might be more accurate. In many cases government involvement is necessary to adjudicate between parties. If for example, the issue is preventing an industry from dumping untreated toxic waste into a river, those downstream who use the water for welcome government involvement, while the industrialist could consider it government intrusion.

More or less government involvement is often only a matter of what the issue is, rather the liberal/conservative approaches.

In addition, it has to be recognized the world and American society has grown increasingly complex, and often requires new ways of dealing with things. Conservatives, almost by definition, are much more apt to resist any change, whether its good and/or necessary or not.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:35 PM
  • Those who favour it call it 'involvement'. Those who oppose it call it 'intrusion'. That does not invalidate my claim, it just shows on which side of the issue each of us stand.

And I did say 'by and large', which is commonly used to refer to a generalization, as opposed to a "set in stone" rule.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:49 PM
  • Rush has 20 million listeners. The red map is virtually countrywide, except for parts of NY, FL, Cal, etc., and big cities where so many are on the government teat. For the few libs around here, you need to get over it.

-- Posted by JungleJim on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:49 PM
  • CSM "Conservatives, almost by definition, are much more apt to resist any change, whether its good and/or necessary or not."

I think we proved this wrong one week ago today.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 6:50 AM
  • Commonsensematters, we can get therapy for you.

-- Posted by B_O_B on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 10:31 AM
  • Therapy may be in short supply. The staffers of defeated democrats that are losing their jobs are working the grief counsilers overtime.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 10:43 AM
  • In addition, it has to be recognized the world and American society has grown increasingly complex, and often requires new ways of dealing with things. Conservatives, almost by definition, are much more apt to resist any change, whether its good and/or necessary or not.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:35 PM

How has it grown complex? Are you saying only government is smart enough to deal with problems. They are the problem.

I resist the change but of course I am not a insecure wimp liberal that needs a mommy government to look over them.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:02 AM
  • Regret,

You may have to wait for an answer from Common.

I suspect he and the rest of the libs are listening to Limbaugh!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:31 AM
  • They can listen to Rush if they want. I'm listening to Tchaikovsky.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:36 AM
  • Shapley, I see you too are involved with more important things. Try Mozart's Clarinet Concerto. Helps to wipe away the mental cobwebs.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:47 AM
  • When I listen to Rush it is usually 2112.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 12:29 PM
  • I enjoy Mozart, but I'm partial to Vivaldi.

I have a recording of Warren Robert's interpretation of Mozart's _Requiem Mass for Orchestra and Electric Guitar_. It's a curious piece, but he does an admirable job with it, in my humble opinion.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 2:10 PM
  • I thought Rush did an amirable job as Capt. Barbossa in the _Pirates of the Caribbean_ trilogy.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 2:12 PM
  • You all put me in the mood for some Sam Cooke's 'Little Red Rooster".

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 3:04 PM
  • Last week I was listening to a Sam Cooke Classic that was ahead of it's time in 1961, "A Change Is Gonna Come"

And just as the music of that era changed, this era too is gonna change.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 3:11 PM
  • "Change is the only constant" - Heraclitus -

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 3:19 PM
  • Schubert - Mozart - Vivaldi - Tchaikovsky.... ain't none of them furuners in a class with this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16cWiWj--8E

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 4:10 PM
  • Notice the long silence?

Many are getting a cultural education. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:07 PM
  • Old John,

Just trying to do my part.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:13 PM
  • I have a slow Internet connection and had to watch it twice...

-- Posted by Acronym on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:16 PM
  • Rodney or Mozart??

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:22 PM
  • Uh Mozart, yeah that's it.

-- Posted by Acronym on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:27 PM
  • So many sore losers. I think I know how to ease your pain. Listen to your hero Keith Olberman and that lez Rachel Maddow. Then your conscious will be soothed. Leave Rush to those of us who recognize the great accomplishments he has made to a near dead society brought on by - you guessed it - liberals.

-- Posted by cowboy on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 6:37 PM
  • I watched it one time but used pause about 15 times.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 6:49 PM
  • Old John,

It is uncommonly quiet here, isn't it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 9:05 PM
  • Rush must be doing something right, if he can make so many people jealous

-- Posted by 44044 on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 10:25 PM
  • What is wrong with this man? If this is a plan, it seems like a waste of energy

-- Posted by happypappies on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:12 PM
  • I cooked him a burger once when I was a kid and worked at the Mall. Seemed nice enough and left a good tip.

-- Posted by timexx on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 11:21 PM
  • Obese? Years?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 11:23 AM

Respond to this thread