Speak Out: Yesterday was Judgement Day on Obama's Performance for the Past 2 Years. After listening to his news conference... do you think he learned anything yesterday?

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 5:12 PM:

I don't think he gets it yet. He is willing to compromise if it is on his terms... otherwise we go to something else!

Replies (25)

• He still blamed everyone else.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 5:28 PM
  • I don't want to see his kind of compromise.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 5:39 PM
  • Well, If we are going to get along with him... I think we are all going to have to change, because I don't see him doing anything different than in the past. He is not capable of doing anything but his way, if or not the majority of Americans agree.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 5:42 PM
  • hey regret, i still hear people blaming Clinton. Duh!

-- Posted by D49F11 on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 6:41 PM
  • As Shapley said on another post, compromise is just a way of saying what the bully is demanding is his to demand. Or something like that.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 6:42 PM
  • Obama sounds like a kid that was given everything he threw a tantrum over.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 9:00 PM
  • Rick,

I made an exception on this one. I wanted to see him eat a little humble pie. But he more or less refused to do so, still blaming everyone but the guy he shaves.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 9:28 PM
  • Caddy after nearly two years, he still blamed Bush twice for his prediciament. Is he so dim that he cannot see America is sick of his arrogance?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:22 PM
  • Compromise with him? Why?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:53 PM
  • Don't you ever tire of whining about Obama, wheels? Man up!

-- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:52 PM

Not whining wee one. Merely commenting and looking forward to the day he is only a bad memory.

Don't you ever tire of defending the indefensible? Get real!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 12:40 AM
  • Republicans & Democrats both are 48% of the population +/- 5% each election...

something has got to give no one can have it "just there way"

-- Posted by futile_rant on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 1:13 AM
  • wheels, you defend bush all the time.

-- Posted by cadillacman on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 7:29 AM

Caddy,

What are you smoking this morning. You must have gotten some bad stuff.

Check a few of my posts and see where you see me defending Bush. I thought Bush spent too much money and he blew it when he started handing out money toward the end.

Then your Messiah came in and showed what a piker Bush was in his spending.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 9:08 AM
  • "Compromise with him? Why?"

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:53 PM

With that attitude, it is precisely why I have decided never to vote again. When two sides are soo evenly divided, there are only two options, "Compromise" or Civil War.

Otherwise government is no longer functional and nothing gets accomplished. (Hence the past 10 years of no major political reform or resolve)

In the end the taxpayers and voters suffer, government politicians get richer, and people get banned from political posting forums. It's a **** vicious cycle.

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 9:20 AM
  • Rick,

I may consider voting on local stuff again, but I'm waiting on some "good ole boy" schmoozing. Give me a free ham, buy me a drink, ...something to entice me. lol

Linda McMahon spent $50 Million on this election. For $10 and a can of kodiak, she'd had my vote. lol

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:04 AM
  • Rick "the GOP will be under a magnifying glass until 2012 to watch what they do ." Amen, brother!

Why wouldn't they be?? They have all the answers and are going to take our country back, by golly!!!

We better be watching!

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:10 AM
  • Ego, Civil War? Surely you jest sir!

However, should it come to such, those of us of Southern extraction are familiar with it. Only this time, we will win.

Lordy Mercy, lets hope it won't come to that.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:28 AM
  • Ike and donacita.... Only one thing comes to mind.

Sour Grapes!!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:37 AM
  • Not sour grapes, just reality. Even the Tea Party doesn't trust the Republicans and will be watching.

Everyone will be watching.

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:51 AM
  • donacita wrote:

"Even the Tea Party doesn't trust the Republicans and will be watching."

I suspect that, were that true, they would have chosen a different party's primaries to run their candidates. They trust the party, they just didn't trust some of the membership, a few of whom they replaced.

Apparently, they trusted the Democrats even less, since they scarcely tried to involve themselves in their primaries, but assisted the Republicans in removing them.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend", no?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:56 AM
  • "the Republicans may have come to their senses," according to Dooley, "but don't think for a minute that we trust them." This is a quote from Tea Party national coordinator, Debbie Dooley.

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 11:10 AM
  • Tee he he!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 11:12 AM
  • D49F11

Who blamed Clinton.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 11:37 AM
  • Everybody blaming the President for this mess I hate to tell you but this mess has been accumilating for forty years, so therefore we have had at least seven prior Presidents they are: Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush II. The thing is we have to stop playing the blame game because this financial mess started long before Obama got in to office. Everybody living way beyond their means over the years to much credit being handed out and on September 15th 2008 the invoice came due and guess what we could not pay for it, now we all must dig our way out of it and no doubt it will take time. Is it all a democrat or republican problem no it is not this problem belongs to all of us and not one certain person.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 11:47 AM
  • Rick. No she didn't. lol She is Vince McMahon's wife, the wrestling promoter. I think she was running for Senator or Governor or something.

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 12:13 PM
  • Ego, She did win one thing. Voters can vote wearing the the wrestling t-shirts now!

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 4:51 PM

Respond to this thread