Speak Out: My wife got some of the Starling Castle Riesling.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 15, 2010, at 10:00 PM:

My wife purchased a bottle of the Starling Castle Riesling after I told her about it. She said it was fairly undesirable and there is much better local wines available. I am not a wino but after the lake is over we hit the wineries on the weekends so I get to taste a lot of wine but I still like the cheese better. My wife on the other hand loves to go to wine tastings. I trust her judgement.

It amazes me that a person that is constantly talking about a globalist economy, and Jo Ann Emerson causing local jobs to go overseas would buy a German wine when there is quality wine locally around the same price. What about the jobs that are being lost because of your promotion of a foreign wine?

Oh... I guess that is different.

Replies (9)

• After what happen in Tuesday's primaries, nothing is unbelieveable or impossible.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 15, 2010, at 11:28 PM
  • ya ever try Night Train wine ? it's got a picture of a train on the front label and ya feel like a train hit ya the next morning....

-- Posted by ...Rick on Wed, Sep 15, 2010, at 10:52 PM

Done that. Mad Dog or Wild Irish Rose takes the cake though.

Lemme was posting last night. I thought he would defend his wine.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 8:40 AM
  • Von Jakob (Alto Pass) has some very tasty wines. Nice outdoor deck at the winery too.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 9:03 AM
  • According to my pa, a pint of white port with a pack of grape kool-aid & a white owl cigar was real livin' in the depression..........

course I had to try that & believe he was mistaken

-- Posted by rockman54 on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 11:26 AM
  • We Regret,

if there was only 1 wine that was good to everyone (or 1 of any product) we wouldn't really have a marketable economy now would we? It is like a pizza debate some hate Papa johns others swear by it, same can be said for the rest. It doesn't make any worse than the others because of 1 persons opinion.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 12:52 PM
  • Particularly, Rant, if one doesn't like pizza in the first place, regardless of the moniker..

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 12:56 PM
  • vulcan2004

I already know.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Sep 16, 2010, at 11:21 PM
  • Doesn't JoAnn Emerson also drive a Honda Pilot?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Fri, Sep 17, 2010, at 10:40 AM
  • Vulcan, It is all pretty mixed up these days. Last time I looked, a Honda road bike had more parts made in America by American owned companies than a Harley.

I am reminded of an uncle that wouldn't buy anything but Chrysler built vehicles because he thought the others were controlled by a certian ethnic group he thought was out to dominate the economy. I wonder if still alive today he would think that way.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Sep 17, 2010, at 12:18 PM

Respond to this thread