Speak Out: Electronic Media

Posted by 2times2 on Sat, Aug 28, 2010, at 9:36 AM:

I stopped watching and listening to television news and radio talk shows about three or four years ago. On the one side were the left wing ultra liberals like Olberman, Maddow, Matthews, etc., and on the other side were the ultra right wingers like Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc. Either side would be nothing without the other and they know it. The game is not to accurately inform with legitimate facts, but to inflame emotions through outrageous statements and behavior designed to increase ratings. Higher ratings mean more money, fame, and power for the players. It makes no sense to give audience to these people as they masturbate one another while we pay to watch. I keep up now by reading a liberal and conservative newspaper every day.

Replies (3)

• Rick messes with whom he pleases! So whatcha gonna do when the good guys show, whup 'em?

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Aug 28, 2010, at 11:53 AM
  • Forgot to add with MSNBC you might get a little news between the growls and the smirks. With Fox News you're lucky if you get any news at all. With Cnn you have to find it first,

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Aug 28, 2010, at 2:32 PM
  • 2times2, You give me more incentive to keep up with my electric bill. Have you tried the various charitable organizations. Tell them your grandma needs her nebulizer and maybe you can get the TV news back on.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 28, 2010, at 6:08 PM

Respond to this thread