Speak Out: ..suggested St.Louis Cardinals moves before July 31

Posted by almighty on Sat, Jul 24, 2010, at 5:35 PM:

Ah, it would be nice to get Dan Haren back. But we don't have the pieces for that. Oswalt is a good short term solution and like Rick said makes an extremely formidible series rotation.

I heard the Yankees are going after Haren though. Good for them, the Yankees are my favorite team after the Cards.

Replies (3)

• Houston would be crazy to take that deal for Oswald. Ryan is a good fielder, but until he learns to throw overhand, he will be unreliable, not to mention that he hits like a girl.

Rasmus has seen his peak in the majors, it's all down hill from here. And I'll take a few well timed rbi base hits over "working deep into the count".

Miles is more reliable,i.e. has been under playoff pressure before, doesn't throw to first side-arm, doesn't allow balls to go between his legs, doesn't strike out when a hit is needed, I"ll take a steady .280 hitter over a .230-.330 hitter any day.

Who would you replace McGuire with?

Budweiser SOLD the team. If they wanted a patch on the uniform, they could of had THE WHOLE UNIFORM!

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Sun, Jul 25, 2010, at 2:29 PM
  • Boy it sure is good all you guys do is talk about changes ;)

I hate every last one of them and don't think they'd work. For one thing Rick, you may want to spell the player's name right.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cards pick up Oswalt, but I don't think it will happen. He isn't going to take a massive pay cut to come to St. Louis and the Cardinals have got to start looking at holding onto money for Pujols.

-- Posted by redhawkstudent on Sun, Jul 25, 2010, at 5:43 PM
  • It's only Rasmus's second year in the league of course he'll strike out. I don't see where you see his value dropping; he can play the field, hit for power, and he's pretty durable. You just don't make sense rick.

-- Posted by semo2014 on Sun, Jul 25, 2010, at 10:15 PM

Respond to this thread