Speak Out: prime example of jail being too good for someone

Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 9:30 PM:

Replies (10)

• It did.

-- Posted by J Purcell on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 9:34 PM
  • The mother and father both dont deserve to live in jail or out. It is just sick to do that to children, whether yours or someone else's. For people like this I personally think they need to bring back public hangings. Hang a few of these sickos and maybe some of the rest will think about it before harming a child.

-- Posted by 3kids_mom on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 10:02 PM
  • yes, makes you realize the whole point of the death penalty is the fact that there are people on this earth who do not deserve to remain alive.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, Jun 8, 2010, at 3:18 PM
  • my thoughts exactly

-- Posted by 3kids_mom on Tue, Jun 8, 2010, at 3:43 PM
  • As a foster parent, I can tell you that this kind of thing is pretty common. And the kids are never the same afterwards. These people are sick and will never get better. Life in prison is not ever gonna get these kids their childhood back. I don't know what has happened in society today that causes people to do this. I guess it's maybe just the availability of the news that didn't happen in the past, but it seems like we hear more and more of this.

We have had (and have adopted) sexually abused children, and it is an uphill battle with their mental health and with their sexual acting out. Acting out is a power thing with them and that is, I guess, a coping mechanism to deal with what they have been through. I realize that the perpetrator does not care what happens with these kids, but they don't have much of a chance to be normal. Their life has been stolen.

I agree with the public hanging comment. I would buy the rope and provide the tree if it would be allowed. These predators can never be rehabilitated, so if released, will prey on even more children. Plus, they learn how to do things smarter in prison and find out that if the vicitm is dead, it is easier to get away with the sick crime they are committing. It is a sickness that needs to be eradicated in our society.

Kids need to be able to be kids, not sexual beings before they are ready. This steals their childhood, and it can never be regained.

I could never be on a jury for something like this because my comment would be, "kill them all".

-- Posted by Knoblickian on Wed, Jun 9, 2010, at 9:19 PM
  • Too bad they couldn't have found the wife holding some drugs so the bail could be higher to keep her in jail too.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:38 AM
  • I was a child that was molested by a step father as well as my other 2 sistes in the home. The person guilty of this never served more than 6 mos in county jail for this and only after my last sister fought to have him prosecuted. the system sucks@!

-- Posted by 3kids_mom on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:49 AM
  • I love how grandma blames the wife and daughter...

You can be the best wife in the world and still not know you are married to a freak! and the daughter is not to blame, she is a brain washed child!

What a sick and twisted world we live in!

-- Posted by sadie65 on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 9:45 AM
  • As awful as this crime is, murdering the person accused of it won't undo the crime, and won't prevent it in any way from happening again.

The US remains one of the few nations in the devloped world that still murders its own citizens, and it's a shameful disgrace. There is no such thing as a person who "doesn't deserve to live," and unless God's started subscribing to the Southeast Missourian, which seems unlikely, I'm not sure who thinks they can say who does and doesn't "deserve to live".

-- Posted by ColumbiaCowboy on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 8:52 AM
  • ummmm... in the Bile they would stone people to death, and that was a perfectly acceptable punishment for adultry! And not to mention being crucified. So I don't think there would be a problem with putting a sick sick person such as this to death.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 6:47 PM

Respond to this thread