Speak Out: climate hoax

Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 8:11 PM:

Check this out:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4180535/the-one-thing-55

In Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" he shows graphics and states that the ocean will rise 20 feet covering land in CA and Fl due to global warming.

well, guess what...Al Gore just bought a 9 Million Dollar beach front mansion....on the exact spot in CA shown in his movie, where if what he said was true about the ocean rising 20 feet, his new mansion will be flooded! $9 million for his new beach front home....yep, he believes in global warming doesn't he.

Replies (20)

• Maybe he took out an $18 million flood insurance policy. Hehe.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 9:09 PM
  • Maybe he's planning one of those underwater habitats.The supreme irony is his city of Nashville flooded. By all accounts, the ocean level remained the same out in CA. Man, that old fool can really get it bassackwards.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 10:18 PM
  • Heck, adidas ... I thought Gore bought his houseboat just for that reason ... Waiting for his predictions to come true. One of the several things he owns which have been pointed out as not ... well ... environmentally friendly?

Anyway ... it's going to cost him a bundle for the flood insurance probably ... unless he does like so many in flood-prone areas and instead of paying premiums, will just wait and let FEMA make it all right for him if his predictions come true. Is this his 3rd ... or 4th home now?

I used to imagine Gore, after his failed presidential campaign, pacing one of his homes' floors, tearing at his hair and trying to figure out what he could do to make a few million dollars that would have generous travel perks, keep his name in the public, and still not involve much actual work.

This will surprise you ... I actually kind of liked Gore that first year or so of his vice-presidency. Never could figure out if he changed, or just quit the 'acting,' or if I was just not seeing him as he really was.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 11:52 PM
  • Guru- you are right, they reported on Fox that this is just one of his homes and they showed a video of this 9 Million dollar home...wow he has gotten filthy rich off of scaring people that the sky is falling!

btw- didn't see any solar panels on the home!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 7:07 AM
  • Apparently, things were getting pretty smelly on his ark, what with all those endangered species crowded aboard. Thus, while the ark sits high and dry waiting for glacial runoff to set it afloat, he's decided to get a bit of fresh air...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 7:46 AM
  • I wonder what the electric bill is on this house....since Gore's TN house has the highest residential bill in the whole state!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 7:56 AM
  • Read that some time ago, adidas ... his electric bill in TN.

It was a bit interesting when he was criticized for his power-usage in his California (I believe) home ... seems that was justifiable because he installed energy-efficient light bulbs and appliances ... and needed the huge house because he ran his 'business' from it and needed room for all his staff, etc.

Wonder if he often thanks his lucky stars that he didn't win the presidential election ... That would have meant 4-8 years delay in major prosperity ... or even that someone else might have become the Climate Guru in the meantime.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 2:21 PM
  • You mustn't forget he has TVA power, cheapest in the nation (until the bureaucrats started messing with it), TVA consumes lots and lots of coal which just sets off the environmentalists. They had to cancel construction of several proposed nuclear plants after Three Mile Island.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 4:17 PM
  • wow, got to love it. How can someone who is such an obvious hypocrite fool the world with one movie?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 5:15 PM
  • Adidas,

The way far out left is not that hard to fool. One only has to look at the hype they bought from The Annointed One.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 5:20 PM
  • Don't forget, though ...

"You can fool some of the people all of the time; all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Now ... concerning some of our politicians ... I guess it's obviously true that they actually can fool 'some of the people all of the time.' Thinking it's a matter of being 'fooled' is easier than actually thinking for themselves?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sat, May 8, 2010, at 4:36 PM
  • I haven't seen the jet ... but read some time ago the criticisms (the jet, the homes, the houseboat) ... Often have questioned the jetting around the world by these 'climate experts,' when they could be 'meeting' in a more ... well, conscientious manner more in keeping with their rhetoric about 'environment' and 'carbon footprints.'

Sort of a 'Do as I say, not as I do' attitude.

Gotta say ... it's looking more and more like we're the servants, actually.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, May 9, 2010, at 10:48 PM
  • "... Often have questioned the jetting around the world by these 'climate experts,' when they could be 'meeting' in a more ... well, conscientious manner more in keeping with their rhetoric about 'environment' and 'carbon footprints.'..."

I agree. You would think that the guy that "took the initiative in creating the internet" would know how to teleconference.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 10, 2010, at 7:40 AM
  • What's wrong with an old fashioned pen and paper in a envelop with a postage stamp?

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, May 10, 2010, at 8:35 AM
  • Oh ... How could I have forgotten about the internet creation! Anyway, difficult to believe in the seriousness of Gore's, et al, mission, when they're jetting around the world to discuss what can be done to eliminate the perceived problems which they are adding to with every mile ...

Have to say, voyager ... that I miss the days of 'pen and paper' ... Picking out just the right stationary to send a letter to a particular person ... anticipating the reply in the mailbox ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, May 10, 2010, at 3:32 PM
  • Those were the days, Mom. I also remember how I hated to have to write letters my Mother forced me to write. Mostly the obligatory thank you "notes."

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, May 10, 2010, at 10:50 PM
  • Never had a problem with writing anything, voyager ... as evidenced by my too-often presence on these threads.

Think it had something to do with my former, very painful shyness ... which still invades me now and then but I've learned to cover it up somewhat ... usually by saying something really stupid.

Does anyone write/send Thank You notes anymore? Really, it's easy ... "Thank you so much ... this was exactly what I was hoping for, and you are the special person who gave it to me!" ~grinning~

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 12:28 AM
  • Maybe e-mail will be the salvation of the English language provided spell check is available. Grammar is becoming a lost art.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 4:51 AM
  • guru- I do believe Thank You's are another lost art, which is sad. I have gone to several weddings where I did not receive a Thank You for the gift. We could do a whole thread on etiquette.... like how many times do you have to buy a cousin a wedding gift? (by that I mean marriage 1, marriage 2, now on marriage 3)

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 12:35 PM
  • Isn't the word 'etiquette' passe now?

Probably only we older generations feel the loss of manners, proper grammar, etc. ... Makes sense, though, since many of the younger generations have never been taught those things ... Can't miss something one never had? Anyway, we're just old fuddy-duddies missing The Good Old Days.

Still waiting for the Thank You from a grandson who got married ... hmm ... 10-12 years ago. Didn't give a gift the second marriage, though. ~smiling~ Would be an amusing thread, adidas ... I'll watch for it!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, May 11, 2010, at 1:04 PM

Respond to this thread