Speak Out: Crisis's ??????

Posted by Airborne 95B on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 10:35 AM:

After another weekend of all the talking heads telling me about another "crisi's". I'm done.

Health-care crisis,global warming crisis,nuclear winter crisis, unemployment crisis, to much water or not enough water crisis, Middle-east crisis, and so on and so on and so on......

When did every problem become a crisis?

Replies (7)

• James: I think you are on track as far as all the crisis swirling around the gov. Because that is who controls what "crisis" gets the most money.

Not every problem in the world is a crisis. Crying "wolf" just to get on the news is just getting old for me.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 12:23 PM
  • Just in: Crying Wolf crisis out of control.

-- Posted by TheCamp on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 1:15 PM
  • "When did every problem become a crisis?"

About the time when politicians realized that the word 'crisis' will subconsciously put the average citizen into a atate of almost-panic ... which will then lead to acceptance of most anything they want to do to 'solve the crisis.'

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 2:06 PM
  • I've gotta beer crisis; I'm out!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 3:38 PM
  • Now lumpy has a REAL crisis!!!

-- Posted by blueslover on Mon, Jul 20, 2009, at 11:40 PM
  • Rob Emmanuel, if that is not spelled correctly, he is the low life from Chicago Politics now in Obama's cabinet, says never waste a good crisis! So I suppose if you don't have a crisis, create one.

If you look at the way Americans live today, I think you are hard pressed to create some of these crisis situations they rail on about. Sure we have problems, but get the government out of our lives and most of those will go away.

All in all things are much better here than the rest of this planet. Why else are so many people trying to get in?

We should not let them turn this country into the same kind of a hell hole they came from.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jul 21, 2009, at 10:15 AM
  • Wheels

That's "Rahm Emanuel" not Rob and only one m.

I couldn't agree with you more. People have it so easy these days that we have to create crisis' to worry about. Kinda like in "The Matrix" when Neo asked why his former life sucked so bad. If it was an artificial world the human race was living in why didn't the alien overlords make it idyllic? It seems that mankind thrives under stress and will create it if none exists!

-- Posted by Data48 on Wed, Jul 22, 2009, at 2:37 PM

Respond to this thread