Speak Out: Channel 3 on digital TV near Bloomfield

Posted by 3we on Thu, Jul 16, 2009, at 5:57 PM:

Just hooked up my digital box near Bloomfield MO. We have a 10 year old, top of the line roof antenna from Radio Shack that pulled in the OLD ANALOG Channel 3 GREAT! I am fairly sure the antenna has the UHF part too.

But, now that things are digital, we could only get Channel 12 and 6 (and 23) to come in.

So, 1) Are other folks getting Channel 3 (near Bloomfield- or points west) or am I out of luck because the digital signals are weaker?

2) Those that are getting Channel 3- did you have to do anything special to get it?

3) Anyone have similar antenna experiences- we did get UHF channels before the switch- but I can't rule out that the ice storm, or winds, rain, you name it- might have wrecked the UHF part of my antenna????

Thanks.

Replies (1)

• To get Channel 3, you probably need to pick-up KPOB channel 15 (channel 3's repeater for southeast missouir) in Poplar Bluff. I think that channel is still analog. Although, I am not sure.

Channel 6 and 23's digital signals are on the UHF band. If you are getting them now, your UHF is working.

I would try swinging your antenna around to the west and point it towards Poplar Bluff.

-- Posted by SEMissouri70 on Fri, Jul 17, 2009, at 11:22 PM

Respond to this thread