Speak Out: Now we know what really causes earthquakes

Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 1:34 AM:

Promiscuous women cause earthquakes, Iran cleric says:

Women who dress provocatively and tempt people into promiscuity are to blame for earthquakes, a leading Iranian hard-line cleric has apparently said.

The prayer leader, Hojatoleslam Kazim Sadeghi, says women and girls who "don't dress appropriately" spread "promiscuity in society."

"When promiscuity spreads, earthquakes increase," he says in a video posted Monday on YouTube, apparently of him leading Friday prayers in Tehran, Iran, last week.

American televangelist Pat Robertson suggested that January's devastating earthquake in Haiti was because of a pact Haitians made with the devil in order to throw off French rule in the 18th century.

A spokesman for Robertson said he was referring to a widely discussed Haitian legend, but University of Miami researcher Kate Ramsey said the legend was "utterly a fabrication, and it's an extremely offensive one."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/04/20/iran.promiscuity.earthquakes/index.htm...

Replies (13)

• I knew it, I just knew it. ☻ ☻ ☻

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 1:51 AM
  • Is that why California has so many earthquakes?

-- Posted by mynameismud on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 2:14 AM
  • I'm so glad the world press keeps us informed about important global events. We use to laugh at beauty contestants wishing for world peace. Now we have our informational foundation supported by the CNN, The New York Times and the AP. Heck the Cartoon Channel is better informed. A shameful state.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 7:30 AM
  • -- Posted by RA on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 7:45 AM
  • Sock,

Now that's funny!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 8:37 AM
  • Wonder what Freud would make out of that Iranian MooLa?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 9:29 AM
  • Nah, it's gotta be ELVIS comin' back to life, with a "Hunk-A-Hunk Of Burnin' Love"!

That'd explain even the volcanic-eruptions....!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 11:13 AM
  • Hey, thanks, Sock! I'd forgotten that song.

Now I have to try to remember what year is was that ... so I can see if there was an earthquake ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 1:50 PM
  • Hey G-Mom. Carole King's Tapestry album was recorded in Jan. 1971 and released on Jan. 30, 1971. The San Fernando 6.6 Richter scale earthquake happened Feb. 9, 1971. So maybe Carole really was feeling the earth move under her feet.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 4:01 PM
  • G-mom Did you get my e-mail last night? I don't use that user name very often so I was just checking.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 4:05 PM
  • Now wait a second. There was a thread on here some week's back where a poster hypothesized the possibility of the U.S. being in possession of an earthquake weapon. Now, according to this cleric that weapon might actually be a pole dancer working at The Pony?

-- Posted by DADES on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 4:59 PM
  • Dades wrote:

"Now, according to this cleric that weapon might actually be a pole dancer working at The Pony?"

Hence the origin of the term "She's da bomb!"...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Apr 21, 2010, at 6:46 PM
  • tooo funny. But it can't be the Pony, we haven't been having any earthquakes of any significance in our area, guess the ones at the Pony aren't making the earth move!

Does anyone realize that the Iran cleric just agreed with Pat Robertson?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Apr 22, 2010, at 8:07 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: