Speak Out: Thursday Speak Out 10-24-19

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Oct 24, 2019, at 6:52 PM:

-- Posted by Crazy Horse on Thu, Oct 24, 2019, at 5:58 PM

Rick, I suspect it was either resign or get fired.

As it should be. Anybody that dumb does not belong in public office of any kind.

In my youth you either found the money, worked to earn tuition or you got a job and worked years to get your education. Now we hand out money to people in the form of loans that they are ill prepared to pay back and you want those who went to work and are supporting a family to pay those debts off. Get real!!

It would be interesting to see some statistics on how many people have a student loan, what the average amount is and the type degrees they earned while running up the debt. If employment in their fields does not pay enough to service their debt, in my opinion the former student wasted their time in college.

Studying the sex life of the Marcipulis Butterfly or a like subject will not get you through life.

Google it is civil in my opinion.

Replies (2)

• "It was a chance meeting with a struggling borrower from Utah that prompted Johnson to reconsider the role that student debt plays in people’s lives, he said. The man had never been late on a bill, but his initial $40,000 balance had ballooned to some $120,000 after years of postponing his payments."

How can he claim never had been late after years of postponing his payments?

Someone needs to introduce the man to Dave Ramsey. A lot of folks have paid off bigger debts on beans and rice in a short time working long hours and never again owed for anything.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Oct 24, 2019, at 10:07 PM

Richard, that's the new math. I never even bothered to read the story. The whole idea of forgiving a Trillion or so in debt is ludicrous. Only the government would even suggest such BS. A lot of the problem as I see it, people will not do without anything to meet their obligations.

The American taxpayers did not make these student loans and they should not be forced by government to repay them.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Oct 24, 2019, at 10:49 PM

Respond to this thread