Speak Out: Is rightful criticism of Israel and Jewish influence over US |Foreign Policy allowed?

Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Apr 8, 2010, at 8:56 PM:

Peter,

Any critisism of this nation's aggressive foreign policy is okay by me. Fire away (no pun intended).

Replies (9)

• You need to work on your presentation. Your repeated use of the ethnic "Jew" instead of the nationalist "Israeli" has you sounding like a hater. Maybe you are a hater. I'm new around here.

I think there is no doubt that the Israeli lobby has enormous influence in D.C. and that is not in the best interests of the U.S. But you ain't helping mitigate that, throwing "Jew" around loosely as an obvious racial epithet.

Take it down a notch. Maybe 47 notches.

-- Posted by wrapper on Thu, Apr 8, 2010, at 9:02 PM
  • I've been a critic of Israel for yrs and yrs. Hell, I called their occupations apartheid in the early 80s. I firmly believe Israel is way more trouble than it's worth and I've grown tired of their machinations to bind the U.S. closer to them which usually requires we alienate a good portion of the rest of the world.

I'm a critic of Israel and your "Jew" usage creeps me out. But again, I'm new around here and am not aware of your history. I'll stop typing and wait to read.

-- Posted by wrapper on Thu, Apr 8, 2010, at 9:54 PM
  • WB H&D, I mean welcome to SO P.P.

Is rightful criticism of Israel and Jewish influence over US |Foreign Policy allowed?

Posted by Peter Proud on Thu, Apr 8, 2010, at 8:25 PM:

Yes it is, but it does have to be right and not just slanderous rants concerning one's perceptions of how a particular ethnic group is the sole cause of America's problems. For instance:

'If you refuse to believe that Jews control American politics through bribery and intimidation...' is clearly wrong and is very anti-semitic in exactly the same way it would be if you replaced American politics with Hollywood. Any group of Americans may pool their resources together to form an organization whose purpose is to lobby the government to address the issues of interest to them. To declare the use of methods which are illegal in order to achieve results without actual evidence of the illegal act are obviously irresponsible and are on par with the propaganda utilized by the Nazi party during WWII.

It is true that the lobbying organizations that represent interests vital to Israel do have influence in policy making decisions, but so do many others. Additionally, there is influence from the various cabinet members, military personnel, and the various diplomats and dignitaries from other countries. No sitting president can be expected to know every issue or concern regarding foreign relations and so such discussions are vital to making sound decisions. All of this you simply wash under the bridge with your blame Jews rhetoric.

As for legitimate debate, that would be where one side presents their points, then the opposing side presents theirs, and then discussion concerning the merits and detriments of those points ensues. It can hardly be called debate when H&D responses to opposing views amounted to nothing more than childish name calling and character assassination. No valid discussion occurs when the opposition is simply called stupid, lazy, or the various other slanderous adjectives utilized in those other posts. The very same is true of your initial post where you identify Shapely Hunter as one of the 'coddlers of Israel' and then falsely accuse him of attempting to defame H&D and others by referring to them as anti-semitic and striving to squash debate of their positions. There is no need to be confrontational and belligerent if the evidence put forward can stand on it's own merits.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Fri, Apr 9, 2010, at 12:21 AM
  • So your evidence is a tongue-in-cheek piece written by a comedic writer and you sucked up every word as gospel. Apparently you do the same with anything you find on the web that fosters the "Bash Jews" religion you have adopted for yourself. What is so sinister about their religious background? You remind me of Sacha Baron Cohen's portrayal of Borat where he's throwing money at the cockroaches to keep them away.

The only facts you have stated are listing some names of individuals who are members of organizations aligned with Jewish interests. You have presented no evidence of control of our political system by them. No letters, audio, video, or anything that directly shows bribery or intimidation being used to effect policy decisions regarding anything. Just the elements of your fantasy that something nefarious must have happened during those meetings because you simply can't grasp the truth that they had their say and others had their say and Clinton, Bush, Obama then made decisions based on that information and their own ideas.

There is no Jewish conspiracy. They don't control Hollywood, the U.S. government, the Illuminati, or any other group of people. That is the truth.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Fri, Apr 9, 2010, at 6:26 AM
  • Ummmmmmm........ Was it an accident that you left Rahm Emanuel off your list, the CURRENT President's right hand man? He is of Jewish decent, or do you just live 2 years in the past?

Also, the most deaths I can find from Opinion Business Research survey is 1,033,000 not the "millions" that you stated in your first comment.

Thirdly, YOU killed Jesus, I killed Jesus, President Obama killed Jesus, the Pope killed Jesus, John Wesley killed Jesus, Ghandi killed Jesus, and every other human killed Jesus, not just the Jewish priests. This is where your true racism come out.

The "Jewish" priests were the instruments that God used to fulfill His Prophesy and pay for all the sin debts for every human that has and will ever live. It is more correct to say the Romans killed Jesus, they scourged Him, they nailed Him to the cross, they stabbed him in the side with a spear, why do you not rail against the Italians? The "Jewish Priests" only accused him and refused to grant him clemency,they didn't murder him.

To say the "Jews" killed Jesus is like blaming the gun for shooting JFK.

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Fri, Apr 9, 2010, at 7:39 AM
  • ...and don't forget the role the Jews had in sinking the Titanic. What was that guy's name? Goldberg, Steinberg,..Iceberg! Yeah! That was it! That Jewish guy, Iceberg, he sank the Titanic...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Apr 9, 2010, at 8:50 AM
  • My mom hated 'Jews' and I asked her about it once. She said she hated 'Jews' because they killed Jesus. I said; "Mom...Jesus was a Jew"!

-- Posted by Hookie98 on Fri, Apr 9, 2010, at 11:06 PM
  • So you blame the Jewish people for the violence perpetrated against Jewish people?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 12, 2010, at 2:44 PM
  • Peter Proud wrote:

"Israel is often the initiator of violence. If you haven't read any of former Israeli Mossad case officer, Victor Ostrovsky's great non fiction books, then, I can understand why you have the misconception that Israel is a virgin."

I have no misconceptions about it. We are all sinners, every one. However, the responsibility for violence lies solely and completely with the perpetrators thereof. Attacking middle-class Jewish neighborhoods in Brussels because you percieve that rich Jewish people in London have bankrupted Greece does not a good argument make.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 12, 2010, at 4:25 PM

Respond to this thread