Speak Out: Border Control

Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 8:16 PM:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/29/arizona-ranchers-killing-sparks-calls...

Another example of what I was talking about on another thread.

What is it going to take to stop the illegal crossing of our borders?

Replies (10)

• A serious committment, or a depression.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 8:25 PM
  • I actually consider that to be Bush's biggest mistake. I felt that after 9/11 the first thing that should have been done was to secure our borders.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 8:53 PM
  • "What is it going to take to stop the illegal crossing of our borders?"

First perhaps, spreading the word in Mexico--through news articles, advertisements, word-of-mouth (relatives in the US telling their family in Mexico)--that no one without the proper permits (green cards, if I recall) will be allowed employment in the US, will receive no access to schools, will not receive free medical care (uh oh, no compassion!).

Second, vigorously enforcing the laws we already have forbidding employers to hire anyone without a valid SS number (surprising how many people don't seem to be aware of that).

The odd thing is: Americans in Mexico comply with that country'a immigration laws. They're very aware of the consequences if they're caught doing otherwise. Illegal Mexicans here don't seem to have that fear ... Why?

If there would be no work ... no place to live, no schools or medical care available to them ... within a few years the problem of illegal immigrants might have dwindled to almost nothing. The Mexicans come here hoping for a better life than what they perceive they have in their own country.

If that better life were jerked away ... if they knew that coming here would mean worse circumstances than they had in Mexico ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 12:06 AM
  • Amen guru

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 7:59 AM
  • Nothing will stop the border crossings, we have passed the point of no return many years ago.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 8:06 AM
  • Stopping illegal immigration is a major plank in our campaign. For years, I couldn't figure out why the governors of the Southwest didn't demand federal protection. Then I saw a video sponsored by La Raza. In the video, advocates discussed the importance of counting illegals in the 2010 census.

Increased presence of people (including illegals) will get the Southwestern states more representatives in Congress at the expense of Missouri.

Meanwhile, our representative of 13 years, who had the opportunity to stop this, wants us to fill out our Census form; she thinks this will save our seats in Congress.

Take a look: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jo-Ann-Emerson/7912365134?ref=ts

Larry Bill, Independent Candidate for Congress, 8th District, Missouri

-- Posted by nolimitsonthought on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 10:19 AM
  • I'm not sure open or closed borders; or any of the protectionist views are the real issues. I recall a great feeling of not wanting the basturds to win by causing us to radically change our way of life. Also, the Hispanic and Mexican lobby are pretty strong. A huge amount of illegal alien money returns to Mexico to their families. And obviously Bush catered to that lobby as a Texan.

But the issue really is dealing with illegal aliens lawfully. Those entering illegally should be arrested and returned. Those hiring them should be dealt with accordingly. And providing government benefits to illegals just shouldn't happen.

Don't blame it on the daunting task of closing down thousands of miles of borders, deal with the challenge at hand.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 10:34 AM
  • Annex Mexico! Then, the new Southern border would be much easier to close...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 10:55 AM
  • As long as the mainstream media continues to label any politician (or anyone else for that matter) a racist for speaking out against illegal aliens, there will be nothing done to reign in this problem.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 11:17 AM
  • Nolimits. I just went to the link you provided. I had never looked at any of Emersons sites and I must say the people posting on this forum are much better informed than those responding on the facebool site.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 11:57 AM

Respond to this thread