Speak Out: Communist Leader Applauds US Health Care "Reform"

Posted by voyager on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 2:40 PM:

Well, imagine that! Will wonders ever cease!

Replies (10)

• And who really cares? I value his opinion about as much as Palin's.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:08 PM
  • By your constant assessments of doom and gloom, you make night look bright. Do you have fever with those fits? I enjoy reading your posts because I can't believe anyone can be so negative about everything. Your life must be miserable.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:23 PM
  • It really doesn't matter what tag we place on it. The fact of the matter is that the bailouts, the wars, and the entitlements are unsustainable. Don't believe for one second that taxes fund this spending. Our taxes won't even cover the interest that is owed on our debt.

A cocktail of insatible consumerism, corporatism, a political class that has played kick the can for almost one hundred years, and a citizenry that allows this to happen will result in a complete devaluation of our currency. The only thing propping the dollar up right now is that it is still the world's reserve currency.

If you want to see where this country is heading look at Detroit.

Hang the "gloom and doom" tag on this post. I call it realism. It's not a rosy outlook, but it can be turned around.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:51 PM
  • Fresh out of college and full of vim and vigor, my first real job was on a small daily newspaper.

Among the various colorful characters in the town was one strange little man who would drop by the newspaper office every week or so with his latest dire prediction. Once he predicted, the mayor was going to have a car wreck. Within a week it came true. More often than not his prediction either came true or maybe half way would come true.

One Wednesday he dropped in with another prediction. Something terrible was going to happen to the President. On the following Friday we were returning from a somewhat late lunch when the teletype bell went crazy.

The Editor got up from his chair saying "we're going to have to get that damned thing fixed." He tore off the teletype and turned white when he read it. President Kennedy shot in Dallas. A short time later came the report he was dead.

To this day I'm a little leery of dismissing dire predictions and warning. You never know when you might have been visited by a Divine Messenger.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast, Howdy.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:53 PM
  • V'ger,

The strange little man's name wasn't Lee was it? ;)

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:04 PM
  • Hope is dead, In your case may I suggest abstinence.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 10:40 PM
  • Hope makes a good argument for abortion.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Mar 27, 2010, at 8:26 AM
  • No; don't think that's it.

-- Posted by RA on Sat, Mar 27, 2010, at 11:19 AM
  • "V'ger, The strange little man's name wasn't Lee was it?" ;)-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:04 PM

Nope. Matter of fact, his name was Raymond E. Norwine (which is exactly how he always signed and introduced himself). During good weather, Old Raymond would sit all day in a folding lawn chair next to his beer cooler in his garage door up and watching the world go by. He'd still be sitting up straight at sunset as pie eyed as a Mexican bandito.

History does not record if anyone ever saw him fall out of his chair or indeed how or if he ever got out of it. Life always retains a few mysteries.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Mar 27, 2010, at 12:47 PM
  • "because I can't believe anyone can be so negative about everything. Your life must be miserable." -- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:23 PM

ummm....Howdy.....what positive words do you have to say?

"Hope makes a good argument for abortion." -- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Mar 27, 2010, at 8:26 AM

Is wishing someone was dead a positive?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Sat, Mar 27, 2010, at 1:02 PM

Respond to this thread