Speak Out: Predictions for 2019?

Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 1, 2019, at 10:32 PM:

Anyone have any thoughts on what might come about this year?

Replies (343)

More division of the People .

Same ol' , same ol'...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 7:51 AM

If we live long enough we will get a year older!

About the only thing I can predict with any certainty.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 9:44 AM
  • Senator Romney will not become our President's best friend.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 12:37 PM
  • Mr Lettau will continue to side with anyone against Trump

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 12:49 PM

I have been thinking about this and I predict with Pelosi as Speaker of the House, little will be done in the House but provide harassment for President Trump. Hillary Clinton lost to him in 2016 and Nancy will help to see that America pays the price.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 12:54 PM
  • Mr Lettau picks strange bedfellows or an enemy of his enemy is now a friend of his.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 5:24 PM

Senator Romney will not become our President's best friend.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 12:37 PM

Mr. Lettau: Funny how when any Republican (so call) disagrees with President Trump that the biased news media and anti-Trumpers like yourself do the jump for joy - wasn't Romney the sworn enemy of the Democrats back in 2012. But hey it's President Trump and not President Clinton that's all that matters.

2019 Predictions:

The Wall will be approved and built and the American public (legals) will unite behind President Trump for the remainder of 2019 and then after Pelsoi's showing her behind the House will go back into the Republican side in 2020.

Judge Ruthie will retire due to health reasons thus giving Trump another Conservative justice to name.

Hillary and Bill will be prosecuted for their pay for play Clinton Foundation scheme.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 5:24 PM

The "oh , poor , pitiful Trump , everybody's picking on him" grows real old , real fast . If a politician or President can't handle public criticism or the Press , they shouldn't run for office .

Why Washington , DC needs another $5 billion dollar$ on top of it's record spending budget makes absolutely no sense . Take it out of Defense Spending .

New tax laws eliminate People from claiming their self , spouse , and children as deductions . Employees can no longer claim expense . Personal Property tax can no longer be claimed .

I don't see Trump as a hero or Leader in any way .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 6:10 PM

A true Leader doesn't whine 24/7 , a true Leader doesn't post high school tweets 24/7 . A true Leader doesn't speak with forked tounge nor do they blame others when they're suppose to be the Leader of all the People .

I don't need Trump's instructions as to what is fake , I'll decide this for myself . Nor will I cater to any political party .

9/11 was a sucker punch to the USA and knocked the wind out of the Great Lands . Some genius decided to give it over to Obama and let him straighten things out . The end result was Trump . The man was a fool and still is a fool . Sad enough , there are multitudes who believe Obama was truly the answer too .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 7:49 PM
  • Predictions:

Political. The Trump Derangement Syndrome attack led by Pelosi will and egged on by the media will win a small battle but lose the war.

Clintons will skate as usual.

The Russians have the US by the shorthairs thanks to previous administration and will keep yanking till we push back in a big way.

I feel something big is brewing with Mother Earth and she's really PO'd and it can't be blamed on global warming,but it will be all Trumps fault somehow.

Mr Lettau never listened to his Momma's advice "If you can't say something nice don't say anything" and will continue to use his creative writing subsidized class to let us know.

Rick S won't be satisfied until Chief Big Eagle is President.

And me:

I'll take John Prines advice:

"Blow up your TV throw away your paper

Go to the country, build you a home

Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches

Try an find Jesus on your own."

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 8:24 PM
  • The 911 attack was being planned while the nation was distracted by a Clinton scandal and now the nation is distracted because a Clinton lost an election. I predict the democrats will seek to claim credit for the future Trump successes and Trump will allow it.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 8:37 PM

Rick S won't be satisfied until Chief Big Eagle is President.

……..….

Not at all , this will never happen anyway . Just elect somebody who will Lead everyone and not just who they choose .

The Nation is dangerously divided , with the new political 2020 re-election right around the corner , it sure doesn't look like anything will get better either soon . A game of cat~n~mouse for political parties only , they come before Country .

The damage Obama did to this Nation is going to take years and years to repair .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 8:56 PM

The same folks who attacked 9/11 also blew up the Twin Towers basement during the Clinton Administration .

The blue dress and Monica distracted everything .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 8:59 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 9:23 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 9:30 PM

One more prediction and closer to home....

I predict there will not be one Thread started on Speak Out that will not morph into Trump bashing.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 10:08 PM
  • I also predict things will continue to get more stupid as in car companies showing someone telling their car to play a song as a reason to buy the car. The Barney Frank mentality will return encouraging banks to make loans backed by tax payers. Medicare will continue to be exploited via free stuff procured by government connected companies. The free phones thing will continue, just called something else.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 10:37 PM

Wheels

We are limited to bashing ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 11:39 PM

The dude increased spending and decreased revenue . I just can't agree with that , it's not good for the Nation .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 11:41 PM

Trump can do anything he wants but not everything he wants

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 11:51 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

Only on SO would honest comments by a republican US senator become defined as "Trump bashing."

Must be that SO conservatives "can't handle the truth."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 1:00 AM

Rick L

Do you still believe I'm a "SO conservative" .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 2:56 AM
  • Rick S.

No.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 4:02 AM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 1:00 AM

Mr Lettau, I don't think Romney posts on here.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 7:18 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 11:39 PM

No, just suggesting there are some subjects that are not about Trump and whatever he does... good or bad.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 7:24 AM

Only on SO would honest comments by a republican US senator become defined as "Trump bashing."

Must be that SO conservatives "can't handle the truth."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 1:00 AM

Mr. Lettau: Back in 2012 you hated Romney just as bad as you now do Trump - what's the difference....oh that's right he bashed Trump and everyone that does now is a friend of the Left even Rick S. on these threads is now your friend when it wasn't too long ago you two were trading barbs. I rest my case have a great 2019 and get over your hatred it's not good for your health, don't want to read your obit in the paper.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 7:41 AM

Dems are like 5 year olds playing Monopoly....when they're losing they mess up the board. Folks, that's what we're dealing with and that's why Trump wins in 2020.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:59 AM

Are those daily shootings in Chicago and St.Louis done by immigrants south of the border ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 9:36 AM

Are those daily shootings in Chicago and St.Louis done by immigrants south of the border ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 9:36 AM

Rick: Don't know do you?

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 10:18 AM

Trump blames ‘illegal immigrant gang members’ for Chicago crime

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump remained fixated on Chicago on Wednesday, still offering no solutions as he blamed – with no proof – “illegal immigrant gang members” for crime in the city.

He urged the law enforcement officials to tell the Department of Homeland Security John Kelly to tell him “who the illegal immigrant gang members are. Now, you have that power because you know them, you’re there, you’re local. You know the illegals, you know them by their first name, you know them by their nicknames. You have that power. The federal government can never be that precise. But you’re in the neighborhoods — you know the bad ones, you know the good ones.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/trump-blames-%91illegal-immigrant-gang-members%92-chic...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 10:20 AM

Rick: Don't know do you?

And Trump knows as fact ? Anybody can make statements of accusation -- opinion , not fact -- with no proof . It's no different then "fake news" .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 10:24 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 10:20 AM

Rick: Your link is 23 months old - things have changed the Illegals are committing crimes all over the USA according to current news reports build the Wall and keep them out.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 10:57 AM

But I thought Trump's original accusation were all of the gangs and thugs from across the border , it's why the USA needed a Wall . Didn't he campaign on this in 2016 ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 11:03 AM

Rick: That's true then and now - Americans are killed by Illegals who shouldn't be in this country. Isn't Americans lives worth $5 billion?

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM

Isn't there $5 billion dollars in the new Defense spending .

If it's true then and now , does that mean Trump still doesn't know who there are , it's just rhetoric .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 11:33 AM

Stocks tumble after Apple sales warning .

Where the hell is that 17% .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 11:46 AM

Isn't there $5 billion dollars in the new Defense spending .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 11:33 AM

Rick: President Trump can't take money that is appropriated for Defense spending and put it towards the Wall - but hey if the Democrats won't comprise then I hope he does it.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 12:19 PM

Rick S won't be satisfied until Chief Big Eagle is President. -- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 8:24 PM

Amen to that.

Another example of Trump Derangement Syndrome: "The dude decreased revenue."

The "dude" INCREASED revenue, not decreased:

"The latest monthly budget report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office finds that revenues from federal income taxes were $76 billion higher in the first half of 2018, compared with the first half of 2017. That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February. The CBO says the gain "largely reflects increases in wages and salaries."

We have a spending problem, not a taxing problem. Trump tried to cut welfare, illegal benefits, etc. but courts and congress refused to go along.

Hate him all you want - at least get the facts straight. Not my facts, but the CBO facts.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 12:49 PM

The "dude" INCREASED revenue, not decreased:

……..…..

Giving Corporate a 17% tax cut is reducing revenue , and he did increase spending no matter how you try to spin it Binky .

Injuns can't be President Binky , the Constitution says anyone not born in USA can't be President . Read the Constitution and learn something .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 2:52 PM

Ocasio-Cortez, Khanna will vote against House Democratic rules over 'PAYGO' spending restraints .

Leading progressives are threatening to reject a rules package backed by Democratic leadership over a requirement they believe could thwart their most ambitious policy plans.

New York Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and California Rep. Ro Khanna said Wednesday they will vote against any guidelines that include a provision known as "PAYGO," or "pay as you go," which requires that new spending be offset by matching cuts or increases in revenue.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democratic-rule...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 2:53 PM

That 17% tax cut starts in the year 2019 not 2018 no matter how much you love him Blinky

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 3:05 PM

US national debt reaches a new high under Trump

The US national debt stood at $21.974 trillion at the end of 2018, more than $2 trillion higher than when President Donald Trump took office, according to numbers released Thursday by the Treasury Department.

The debt began to level off at the beginning of Trump’s term, but bounced up again last year as the tax cuts passed at the end of 2017 took effect and the dramatically lower corporate tax rate lowered Treasury revenues.

According to the Congressional Budget Office, total public debt stood at 78% of America’s gross domestic product in fiscal year 2018, the highest percentage since 1950. The deficit — or the difference between what the government spends and what it takes in over any one year — jumped to 3.8% of GDP in 2018, up from 3.5% in 2017.

That’s particularly unusual in such a strong economy without major new expenditures. If no changes are made, the CBO projects that public debt will rise to 96% of GDP by 2028. A big chunk of that — $1.9 trillion between 2018 and 2028 — will be due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the CBO reported last April.

http://www.wmal.com/news/us-national-debt-reaches-a-new-high-under-trump/

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:15 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:15 PM

Rick: Your CNN link didn't mention the fact that the Fed increased the bank rates 7 times since Trump took office which causes financing the debt to be more costly. Just thought I would bring that to light in case someone reads these threads.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:29 PM

Wrong again li'l Rick. More evidence of a never-Trumper and Trump Derangement Syndrome.

From the CBO - not the never Trumper talking points: "That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February of 2018. The CBO says the gain "largely reflects increases in wages and salaries."

2019? Get educated. But please don't stop the anti-Trump hysteria. It's pure entertainment.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:49 PM

Ah , more spin .

Per the CBO , according to the Congressional Budget Office, total public debt stood at 78% of America’s gross domestic product in fiscal year 2018, the highest percentage since 1950. The deficit — or the difference between what the government spends and what it takes in over any one year — jumped to 3.8% of GDP in 2018, up from 3.5% in 2017.

..Your record breaking level of ignorance is no surprise . Just more blind faith exactly as the Obamberls were except now the love is for Trump .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:54 PM

semo

So the rising debt/deficit is the Federal Reserve's fault ?

Did the Federal Reserve give Corporate it's 17% tax cut ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:56 PM

semo

The Treasury and CBO reports are fake news ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 6:03 PM
  • A little trip back through Mr Lettau's comments in 2012 about Mr Romney is like commenting on summer shoes. Flip flopping.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 7:28 PM

So the rising debt/deficit is the Federal Reserve's fault ?

Did the Federal Reserve give Corporate it's 17% tax cut ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:56 PM

Rick: If you read what I said and think about it here's an simple example: if the USA owes $100,000 at 0% interest like it was during most of Obama's terms then the debt is $100,000. If the USA owes $100,000 at the current rate of 2.5% the debt is now $102,500 use that against a $20 trillion debt and we the taxpayers have a larger debt to be financed every month. It's not the only cause of the debt increase but I didn't originally say that it was - I only said the link left this part out.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:33 PM

The Treasury and CBO reports are fake news ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 6:03 PM

Rick: Those are real reports but your link via CNN only prints what they want the sheep to see and read or told to them by the news (lol) folks as the truth.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:35 PM

Nope . The truth is the truth .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:38 PM

It's not bias or fake to everyone .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:39 PM

Facts :

The Federal Reserve does not pass Tax Laws , it controls the economy . Exactly as they did with Obamacare

The CBO and Tressary do not pass Tax Laws , they crunch numbers . Exactly as they did with Obamacare .

Trump increased spending and lowered income creating a growing deficit .

These aren't fairy tales , they are the simple truth .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 8:52 PM
  • Democrats claim drones and helicopters are more effective than walls. How can a drone or helicopter stop anyone unless armed with harm?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 9:32 PM

They can't . Give the locals along the border back their Right to shoot trespassers .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 9:46 PM

Saw this online. Perfect.

The four stages of Trump Derangement Syndrome:

1-Denial... blaming Trump's victory on Russian hacking or the Constitutional Electoral College

2-Anger (see above)... Disparagement of Trump voters as stupid and unworthy

3-Shunning (see above)... of former friends and colleagues to insulate themselves into "group think" with never-trumpers

4-Conversion... if no independent thought is brought in after the first 3 phases then the conversion occurs. Once the full-blown TDS virus reaches the brain, there is no hope.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 9:52 AM

according to the Congressional Budget Office, total public debt stood at 78% of America’s gross domestic product in fiscal year 2018, the highest percentage since 1950. The deficit -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 3, 2019, at 5:54 PM

===

Nice spin move. But it failed. I never said a word about "debt". I simply pointed out your exact words and fake-news story about "The dude decreased revenue ."

Revenue is up Rick. Admit it and it will help you.

No one on these entire forums but Rick Lettau is OK with bigger debt. He has explained it as minor, small, no big deal, etc. compared to GDP for 8 years as Obama doubled debt. I hate debt under Obama and under Trump. But I'm adult enough to realize that cutting taxes actually raised revenue. And higher revenues help with debt. But the spending is much higher so the debt increases.

Fact: US Tax Revenue collection are HIGHER in 2018 even with the tax cuts.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 9:59 AM

Spend money to build the Wall and save Billions of dollars every year in the money saved from the free stuff for the Illegals. Simple but to some in Washington over their heads.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 10:10 AM

Unless , of course , you know more about the CBO and Treasury reports then they do ..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 12:26 PM

Binky

Did Trump increase spending , especially Defense , in 2018 , yes or no ?

Did Trump lower revenue by 17 % in 2018 , yes or no ?

Seems like you're the only one who can't grasp this simple math . Who cares about Rick L. ? This has nothing to do with Rick L. except more of your spin .

It's a loss , no matter what math you use . Simple math too .

Unless , of course , you know more about the CBO and Treasury reports then they do . Seems like you where fine with them on Obamacare .

……………….

"Oh , what a scwewy web we weave ."

~~ Elmer Fudd

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 12:53 PM

"Did Trump increase spending , especially Defense , in 2018 , yes or no ?"-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 12:53 PM

YES. Nearly all spending under Trump went down except for Defense and Homeland security. Welfare - down. Education - down. But I'm sure you knew all of that. Defense spending barely went up - but it did go up.

I've never corrected you on spending. More deflection on your part when you lose on a point you change the question. Ask me about his shoe size if you want. Makes as much sense. You're arguing with yourself.

===

"Did Trump lower revenue by 17 % in 2018 , yes or no ?" -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 12:53 PM

NO. Here is where you've been reading fake news. US government REVENUE is UP - not down. The dude did not decrease revenue did he? (your exact words). Is it so hard for you to be honest? Appears so. I make mistakes but it seems you feel like you're the only person who doesn't.

If you don't like that revenues went UP under Trump in 2018 WITH tax cuts then take it up with the Congressional Budget Office. They, not me, say you're wrong. As a matter of fact, Trump set a RECORD high for revenue in US history in his first full year (2018). So says the US Treasury.

Can't help you with that.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 1:11 PM

"Spend money to build the Wall and save Billions of dollars every year in the money saved from the free stuff for the Illegals. Simple but to some in Washington over their heads." -- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 10:10 AM

Amen to that!

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 1:12 PM

So , Trump didn't lower Corporate tax by 17% . What websites have you been readying . And Trump didn't increase spending . Minus 17 degrees is lot colder , spend some time outside and you will learn this truth . Entitlements rage on due to the ones who did get caught and are waiting to go through the process . Entitlements continue to rage on under Trump too -- actually he's paying furloughed Federal Employees for doing nothing . The USA is also losing money due to tariffs too . I'm sure you know more the CBO and Treasury , you best call them and correct them .

You are an Obamberal except you fall at the feet of Trump , a Trumpett dancing to the strings he pulls . Try a little independent thought , it won't hurt you , honest .

What a "MAGA!" , what a deal . A lamb following the herd who can't think for yourself , Trump does your talking for you .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:00 PM

The USA is gaining money after a 17% cut in revenue ? Makes sense to me . Such math and belief is what is bringing this Country down -- Party before Country .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:03 PM

This should be a good read for those concerned about the USA revenue. First half 2017 vs first half 2018 collections were $76 billion more which is a 9% increase jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February. The CBO says the gain "largely reflects increases in wages and salaries." Presidents Kennedy and Reagan did the same - cut taxes which increased revenues due to increases in wages overall which means more tax money coming in.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/income-tax-revenues-trump-tax-cuts...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:37 PM

The USA is gaining money after a 17% cut in revenue ? Makes sense to me . Such math and belief is what is bringing this Country down -- Party before Country .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:03 PM

Rick: The 17% was for businesses and not individuals. The individual tax brackets percentages were reduced but not by the 17% number. Businesses if they are smart will reinvest their 17% savings into R&D, pay raises to their employees so as not to pay the government anymore than they were paying prior to the tax cuts.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:46 PM

The new tax law is effective in 2019 , let's see how the returns turn out .

So spending more then saving is a plus -- go figure .

Reagan took down a Wall , he didn't build one .

Neither Reagan or Kennedy used tariffs .

Trump has to be the answer , has to be .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:49 PM

Binky

Organized chaos in Washington DC controlled by "Republicans" who can't find $5 billion dollars out of the increased Defense spending . So let's spend more . A 17% tax cut will sure help the out the of control "more affordable health care , PPACA" , I'm sure .

Trump knows spend , spend , spend with less , a plus for sure .

Pull your head out for a few and check out reality , you can always shove it back up in there .

The USA has gone from Obamberals to Trumpetts , a wandering People .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:50 PM

semo

If business are smart they'll take that 17% and invest it in A.I. robotics . Robots , A.I , do not need paychecks or paid benefits such as vacation , insurance , and such . They will work 24/7 without lunch beaks and will not go on strike .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:57 PM

So spending more then saving is a plus -- go figure .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:49 PM

Rick: Didn't say that - spending needs to be lessen in order to help pay the debt down. Tax cuts have been proven during Kennedy and Reagan administration and now Trumps to increase revenue.

If business are smart they'll take that 17% and invest it in A.I. robotics . -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:57 PM

Rick: True, some companies are already cutting employees without the use of robotics - been to Walmart lately. Very few cashiers with the majority being the customers checking themselves out. Won't use them unless Walmart gives me a check for being their employee.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 4:37 PM

semo

But how does cutting taxes while increasing spending save anything ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 4:40 PM

Nancy Pelosi put 54 billion dollars for foreign aid in the 2019 funding bill, but refuses to protect our own country by not adding in $5.6 billion for the Wall. Guess the Democrats care more for foreigners than Americans.

But how does cutting taxes while increasing spending save anything ?-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 4:40 PM

Rick: Who said that it does? All of these numerous comments have been about increased revenue. You got to cut spending while increasing revenue but it can't be done while the country is spending billions of dollars for the Illegals and the freeloaders who only have their hands out for the free stuff.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 5:23 PM

If business are smart they'll take that 17% and invest it in A.I. robotics . Robots , A.I , do not need paychecks or paid benefits such as vacation , insurance , and such . They will work 24/7 without lunch beaks and will not go on strike . -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 3:57 PM

===

Who would take financial advice from someone who can't do simple math? Revenues are up under Trump Ricky. You simply can't admit it. Looks like Trump Derangement Syndrome is setting in deep - you're in the final phase of it.

Good luck explaining it to him Semo. It won't matter - his never-Trump TDS is deep and he only gets angrier the more you try and explain. He's all over the board trying to cover his mistake. He needs his binky... :-)

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:31 AM

blah , blah , blah Binky .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:45 AM

The deep love affair goes on .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:46 AM

The Hate affair goes on just like the Democrats refusal to do what is needed to protect Americans....but hey the Illegals today are the Democratic voters tomorrow. Over and out, more important things to do.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 11:43 AM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

“…do what is needed to protect Americans....”

Then why are the republicans refusing to fund DHS and open the government.

The “wall” would be as effective as the Maginot Line, the Great Wall of China or any other permanent barrier that can be penetrated, circumvented, climbed over or flown over (as with drones.)

Then there’s the “fake “ threat, per Kirstjen Nielsen, “that border officials along the U.S.-Mexico border had apprehended about 3,000 people with terrorist ties and 17,000 criminals last year.”

Who were all those 3000 terrorists? Were they ISIS, Iranians, Taliban, Syrians, Saudis? Why wasn’t our President letting us know who they were? What crimes did the 17,000 commit? Were they the women and children that are being jailed now? Were these the Caravan children?

The “threat” at the border is lower now than it’s been for years. Maybe someone can just let our President know, then he'd stop insisting on a "wall" that Mexico will pay for.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 1:39 PM

I've been accused of hating Obama too . Most folks ignore the fact I hammer "Democrats" everyday . Basic truths can't be understood to the point bias cloud their minds to and believe -17 is a win plus they have to have the truth instructed .

The fact is you illegal immigrants have been coming here from the get go but it's best we don't talk about , the truth can hurt . Don't know how to handle money and the personal possessions like a sickness .

Over half of the eligible voters don't vote , my guess is they tire of the polarizations just as me . I suppose we are the minority .

I don't take the accusations personal , People know not what they do and can't accept the simple truths .

Hammer away if the truth can't be understood , no biggie .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 1:49 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 2:23 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 1:39 PM

Mr. Lettau: Guess you don't watch any of the news or do you just listen to what the DNC sends to you as talking points. If you want to know what criminals there were look up the DHS phone number and call them - just mentioned that you are a Snowflake and you will be put first in line. Hopefully no one in your family is killed by an Illegal driving drunk or shooting one of them for a few dollars. If King of Africa Obama had done his job during his 8 yr. reign then we wouldn't have these border problems today but hey he was black so he got the pass from you, Congress, and the news media. Have a great evening - just watch for those Illegals running around in Scopus.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 5:27 PM

The Google god didn't like my comment guess because I said that Obama was white.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 5:28 PM

"Then why are the republicans refusing to fund DHS and open the government."

Mr. Lettau, the same question could be asked about the Democrats. One House of Government does not run the country.

Where is this "compromise" you have spoken about so often?

Why suddenly, the wall Drmocrats once favored, become so ineffectual?

Why are they favored by Democrats elsewhere and effective, but not here?

And why have you suddenly become so much more knowledgeable than the "boots on the ground" Border Patrol?

You don't need to respond, we all know the answer. It can be spelled out in 5 letters from the alphabet.

T-R-U-M-P

You hate the man because he is destroying the swamp in Washington!

And about time somebody had the guts to do it!!

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 5:34 PM
  • Mr Lettau was for it before he was against it.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 6:12 PM

The love/hate between the (D) and the (R) carries on , it's a damned shame they run the Country instead of the Country running them .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 6:22 PM

Looks like the Independents hate both the R & D parties....maybe they need to have a candidate to run to save the country. Since ole Bernie is an Independent Senator maybe he could run for President.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 6:38 PM

No , the Independents love their Country , way more then any political party . Over half the voters know this .

News flash , no President has took care of the southern border and Trump won't either -- a fact of life .

Suddenly the Rio Grande has become Stxy , don't worry about going to hell , the Country is living .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 6:58 PM

The Great God Trump can't find $5 billion anywhere , what a fantastic business man . So let's use the People as pawns , that'll work !

Let's spend more and more and more.....

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:04 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

"Where is this "compromise" you have spoken about so often?"

It's right there. Over a billion in last years funds for border security, yet unspent. And $1.3 billion now for border security. Why would you turn that down?

"Why suddenly, the wall Democrats once favored, become so ineffectual?"

The democrats favored border security which included repaired and expanded fencing in certain areas, technical/electronic improvements and additional agents. Why is that bad? The "Trump 30 foot concrete wall" was never a good idea. As a matter of fact, his idea was so bad, even the Mexicans refused to fund it.

"Why are they favored by Democrats elsewhere and effective, but not here?"

"Trump walls" were never favored and never been effective here or anywhere. Fencing around a small property has nothing to do with a 2000 mile border.

"And why have you suddenly become so much more knowledgeable than the "boots on the ground" Border Patrol?"

"What Border Agents Say They Want (It’s Not a Wall)"

"WASHINGTON — President Trump has called for a wall along the border with Mexico to stop undocumented immigrants and drugs from entering the United States. But Border Patrol agents on the front lines say they need more technology and additional personnel to curb the illegal traffic, according to a report released on Thursday by Democrats on the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

"The report was based on internal Customs and Border Protection documents from the 2017 fiscal year. It concluded that less than one half of 1 percent of the agents’ suggestions to secure the Southwest border mentioned the need for a wall."

"You don't need to respond..."

{I don't] hate the man [but] he is destroying Washington!"

Here's an excellent example of our President's childishness...

"...A White House meeting at which Trump indicated he could keep parts of the government closed for “months or even years.”

It sounds like one of those little kids on playground "one-ups-man-ship" saying "Well I'll keep it closed for a 'zillion' years."

Hopefully the republican Senate will soon tire of his petulant, cluelessness and open the government by a veto proof vote.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:23 PM

A good business man knows how to set a budget and follow it so they don't go bankrupt .

A good business man knows -17 is in the red and on the way to bankruptcy , it's time to tighten the belt .

Obama was a first class chump who used the People too .

People respect honesty until you're honest with them .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:24 PM

Rick L.

Hopefully the Independents will finally band together and get rid of all the (R) and (D) to save the People and their Country .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:28 PM
  • Mr. Braswell,

Perhaps you can explain what your point is. I don't believe anyone knows what you're referring to.

If it has to do with Senator Romney, I felt he was a poor candidate for President, but that does not mean that he can't or doesn't tell the truth about President Trump (which should be blatantly obvious to anyone.)

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:33 PM

There were no (D) or (R) in 1776 .

The People put their personal feuds aside and did what was right for everyone .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:38 PM

Rick L.

Like Hillary you mean ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:40 PM
  • "People respect honesty until you're honest with them."

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs

Still talking about President Obama's honesty?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:45 PM
  • Looks like it's been another fun day.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:45 PM

Unlike Mr. Lettau comments in quotation marks with no link, this is the real news:

"The NBPC’s (National Border Patrol Council) survey, of more than 600 agents in two of the Border Patrol’s busiest sectors, found just the opposite: A stunning 89 percent of line agents say a “wall system in strategic locations is necessary to securing the border.” Just 7 percent disagreed."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/2/border-patrol-agents-back-trump-...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:51 PM

Rik L.

You actually believe Obama was honest ? Seriously ?

To be honest , he was just another low life Democrat .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:55 PM

This ain't no popularity contest , it makes no difference to me if People like what I post or not , we all gotta be honest to overself .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 7:59 PM

Hey ! The Washington Post is fake news .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 8:09 PM

"It's right there. Over a billion in last years funds for border security, yet unspent. And $1.3 billion now for border security. Why would you turn that down?"

Mr Lettau,

Where was the $1.3 billion. That disgrace from the Left Coast the Democrats put in charge of the house says not one penny for a wall. You obviously have not been paying attention.

Further the two folks Trump had from the Border Patrol the other evening say just the opposite as you are reporting. Trump has compromised on what he wanted to build from the beginning. Where is the compromise from the Democrats?

No Uly, pure and simple the Democrats are going to try and keep Trump from succeeding at anything he wants to do. They have said so, all of the reasons being given are nothing but window dressing tying to look good to the non base voters.

I predict Trump will eventually build it without Nancy and Chuckie. Then there will be a rush to Judge shop for a sympathetic Leftist Judge who will try to stop it, finally ending up in the Supreme Court.

Your entire post is full of incorrect statements to say it nicely.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 8:31 PM
  • I saw some big beautiful nice walls today and they were funded by congress via agency grants to keep the sound out of rich democrat voting residential areas.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 8:49 PM

The fat cat suits in DC sure don't mind spending other People's money . All of them , makes no difference. They sprinkle superlatives all over their self too .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 8:54 PM

"Perhaps you can explain what your point is. I don't believe anyone knows what you're referring to."

Mr. Lettau, I know exactly what Mr. Braswell was referring to. Anybody with an IQ greater than their hat size should be able to figure that out.

I believe You, Nancy and Chuck were all being compared to a guy by the name of John Kerry Ever heard of him??

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:16 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

If you believe that someone appearing with our President has not been told exactly what to say, you're more gullible than anybody could expect.

Still waiting to hear where those 3000 terrorists were from.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:22 PM

Were are those 100's of People the illegal immigrants killed .

Hell , Trump don't even know who the bad illegal immigrants are , said so himself . He just knows there here .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:34 PM

"If you believe that someone appearing with our President has not been told exactly what to say, you're more gullible than anybody could expect."

But you believe anything a Democrat member of a committee says... so what does that make you?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:37 PM

(D) are as despicable as anyone else , maybe more so .

Thieves with a capital "T" .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:46 PM

Mr. Lettau, where is Nancy's offer to give Trump $1.3 Billion for a wall in writing.

Also, you dutifully carry and parrot the message that a wall doesn't work. What about the one between Tijuana, Mexico and Southern California, how is it working right now?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:49 PM

Odd how the (D) suddenly want to save after Obama's gone .

The (R) wants to spend too .

It's a crazy upside down World .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:14 PM

And they complain about $5 billion dollars

……..……………

Obama Administration Spent $4.5 Billion on State Healthcare Websites

https://www.atr.org/obama-administration-spent-point-billion-state-a7994

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:17 PM
  • Of course there are border fences in metropolitan areas. There are about 700 miles of border fences. That's what border security is all sbout, and is supported by all parties.

The objection is to the absurd 30 foot concrete walls that are totally unneeded, and are purely a political stunt.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:25 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:17 PM

And 20.16% of that went to one State, California.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:28 PM

Of course there are border fences in metropolitan areas. There are about 700 miles of border fences. That's what border security is all sbout, and is supported by all parties.

The objection is to the absurd 30 foot concrete walls that are totally unneeded, and are purely a political stunt.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:25 PM

Mr. Lettau, don't try snowing people that are not blind with that fence business. Those were walls appearing to be about 18 or 20 feet high that were shown in some of the news media. A fence to keep people out is a joke and you know it. And Trump is no longer talking about a concrete wall. They are talking about a steel slatted wall that can be seen through.

Nancy and Chuckie have stated there will be no wall, someone mentioned if that was the hangup call it a fence. Trump said he didn't care what they called it, just build it.

And you, the Democrat Lackey that you are state we do not have a problem. What do you call 5,000 people showing up at one time to enter illegally?

My bet is Mexico is wishing now that they had put a little more effort into stopping them at their Southern Border.

Question Mr. Lettau, do you have a lock on your front door and if so why?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:40 PM

Wheels

It's best when they don't look in the mirror .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:45 PM

I am sick of this back and forth over border security. I have always been for secure borders be it Democrat or Republicans in office. I was for them building a wall when Obama was President. We should welcome immigrants to this country. But only those who come in legally. All others should be shown the door..

It is closer to me than just saying it. I have a cousin who tried years to immigrate from Holland to the United States and only two years ago won her permanent Visa. She is educated in more than one field and has worked as an Executive Secretary in a very large multi national company. She had something to add and had to prove it plus that she was financially stable and would not be a burden when she got here.

Why then are we so all fired interested in letting under educated people with nothing to offer except a strong back and house full of children to come in illegally and go on our welfare system.

There has to be something amiss in a brain that thinks that illegal immigration is ok.

Way too many that pretend that kind of system is ok are living behind a wall themselves.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 10:52 PM

"It's best when they don't look in the mirror."

Yep, pretty much don't do as I do, do as I say.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 11:03 PM

"when you're up to your neck in alligators, it's hard to remember that your initial objective was to drain the swamp"

Wonder if this little "proverb" or whatever you would like to call it has ever occurred to Donald Trump.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 11:12 PM
  • The occupy democrats offer the same compromise as always: "not one penny" playground talk. The newly elected Muslim's first comment is about impeaching that Mfer. Mr. Lettau, does that make you proud to be a democrat?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 11:57 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:33 AM

Go ahead and build a Wall around the Rez , we will find a way out . ..we are the original savage heathen terrorist .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:36 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:41 AM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

Answer: Yes, there’s a lock on the front door, because it came with the house. It’s not used and I’m not sure exactly where the key is.

The entire “wall” issue no longer has anything to do with border security. Were our President concerned with the safety of Americans, he wouldn’t have thrown a tantrum and shut the government down. How is that making us safe?

In the beginning the idea of the “wall” was pipe dream described by Gingrich as simply a “campaign device” with no relation to reality. When Candidate Trump described it as a “great big beautiful wall, 2000 miles long, 40 feet high, with one door,” his rabid fans cheered fanatically. Unfortunately, it seems that the applause went to his head and he began to believe it was a good idea. He could have claimed that he was going to build a 12,000 mile underground pipeline to the middle east and appropriate Iranian and Iraqi oil, (and the Iranians would pay for it), and his throng of admirers would have cheered just as loudly.

President Trump is only concerned with the “idea” of a wall. Whatever fencing is built, he will claim it as the “hugest” victory ever., and nothing will have changed.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:49 AM
  • Mr. Bess,

“…does that make you proud to be a democrat?”

What some freshman representative says has nothing to do with my being proud to be a democrat. As I’ve often said, conservatives aren’t the only ones that make goofy statements.

For that matter, does having a “grab her in the ‘blank’ / ‘s-hole’ countries” president make you proud to be a republican/conservative?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:50 AM

Trump is too busy filling , draining , and refilling his own swamp to do anything that cleans up Washington , DC .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:56 AM

President Trump is only concerned with the “idea” of a wall. Whatever fencing is built, he will claim it as the “hugest” victory ever., and nothing will have changed.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:49 AM

Mr. Lettau: There lies the problem, the Democrats knowing that Trump is right but don't want him to be the victor as to help in his reelection. If that's the only reason for the Wall not being built then call it the Democratic Wall and let them get the credit - whatever it takes to get the Wall built to keep the Illegals, thieves, MS-13 members, terrorists, and drugs out of this country.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:58 AM

And Trump said he'd take the blame for shutting down the Government over the $5 billion dollars he can't find . Priceless ..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:00 AM

For that matter, does having a “grab her in the ‘blank’ / ‘s-hole’ countries” president make you proud to be a republican/conservative?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:50 AM

Mr. Lettau: That was in a personal meeting with a friend before Trump was elected not on the day he was sworn in as the Congresswoman did....wonder what Pelosi & Chucky say behind closed doors. Wasn't Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson "plain talkers" while in office and don't forget Kennedy and Clinton's affairs while in office. Just get on with the job of protecting the country and what's best for the Citizens and not the Illegals and freeloaders.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:07 AM

And Trump said he'd take the blame for shutting down the Government over the $5 billion dollars he can't find . Priceless ..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:00 AM

Rick: That was said before the House passed the proposed Bill to keep the government open that included $5.6 billion for the Wall - then it became the Democratic shutdown since they wouldn't approve it in the Senate.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:11 AM

"Perhaps you can explain what your point is. I don't believe anyone knows what you're referring to."

Mr. Lettau, I know exactly what Mr. Braswell was referring to. Anybody with an IQ greater than their hat size should be able to figure that out.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 5, 2019, at 9:16 PM

He can't keep up with the subject at hand. Still trying to explain his new frienemy.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:16 AM

"Answer: Yes, there’s a lock on the front door, because it came with the house. It’s not used and I’m not sure exactly where the key is."

Mr Lettau,

I was born at night, but not last night. I do not believe that you do not secure your property. Maybe you do not use the lock the house came with.... perhaps a new deadbolt.

Bollinger County is a great area, but there are a few unsavory characters even there. People had started locking their doors there before I left and that was more than 60 years ago.

You are a typical modern day Democrat.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:28 AM

Wheels: I can see the Scopus Sage in a corner of his trailer holding a death grip on a baseball bat and an 8x10 photo of Obama thinking that every shadow is an Illegal out to harm him and his family. BTW, this is a joke meant to bring to light the true world of a modern day Leftist.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:50 AM

semo

There are no innocents in this fiasco .

800,000 People laid off at Trump's own hand , he knew what the consequences would be before he even made the threat , in front of the "liar , enemy of the People" Free Press .

800,000 without work is not the way to create Jobs! jobs! jobs! . It's using Americans as toys in his silly games .

Why he can't find $5 billion out of his record $600+ Billion Defense Spending has yet to be explained . Obama used that much for his websites .

It's all a game .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:02 AM

Rick: That was said before the House passed the proposed Bill to keep the government open that included $5.6 billion for the Wall - then it became the Democratic shutdown since they wouldn't approve it in the Senate.

…………

The Senate is majority Republican , that "nuke rule" could have been used .

It's no excuse .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:05 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:05 AM

Rick: I commented on this yesterday no need to rehash.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:12 AM

- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:02 AM

Rick: Maybe some of those 800,000 (numbers vary by news reports) are truly not needed and could be cut for good in order to say money for the taxpayers.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:14 AM

Why not ? Trump does it over and over , time and again .

Where is that $5 billion , why can't it be found , shouldn't be all that difficult . The dude wants $5 billion more out of the 17 Revenue he just cut -- how does that work .

How is laying off 800,000 creating jobs .

Trump said it , I didn't .

It's all a game with the People as pawns -- it is what it is .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:17 AM

Heaven has a wall, a gate, and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders with no vetting. Let that sink in when thinking about what is needed for protection at the southern border.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:23 AM

btw , the Free Press is either a liar or they're not . A liar is a liar . It's the same as being pregnant , there is no maybe , it's either yes or not . .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:24 AM

Only if People believe in Heaven and hell .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:25 AM

Rick: Your constantly repeating things doesn't make it any truer.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:25 AM

Just like if People don't sin then Jesus Christ died for nothing .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:26 AM

Rick: Your constantly repeating things doesn't make it any truer.

……..…….

Yup , just like saying the Democrats are to blame . The same old tired thing over and over .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:27 AM

Rick: The free press - what is a free press....does it report the truth as we are agree is the right thing to do or are there reports of news slanted to the Left's view of things. Have you ever seen where the free press said anything positive about the President in these 2 years - no I didn't think so. Heck, they won't even say anything good about the First Lady whereas they went crazy about Mrs. Obama - what's the differences.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:47 AM

What America needs to understand is....

Hillary Clinton is not President

Hillary Clinton is not going to be President

Donald Trump is President

The Democrats are not going to impeach the mfer.

If all Democrats, Republicans & Independents do not get their act together and cooperate for the betterment of America we are all going to lose.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:53 AM

Out for awhile - better things to do.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:57 AM

It's the Free Press , the key word being "Free" . Folks were okay with it when the Free Press questioned Obama's actions .

Still haven't figured out how there was never , ever , Fake news before 2016 . Amazing .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:57 AM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

Interesting combination of comments...

"The Democrats are not going to impeach the mfer."

That's absolutely correct. If (or more likely when) the impeachment opportunity arises, it will take both democrats and republicans to carry it out. And once the republicans decide to put country ahead of party on that question, it is most likely that our President will pull a Nixon and resign.

----- ---- --- -- -

"If all Democrats, Republicans & Independents do not get their act together and cooperate for the betterment of America we are all going to lose."

That's also correct. Voters in 2018 already took the lead in that direction by taking the House of Representatives away from President Trump and the republicans. A next step will be when the republicans in the Senate and House decide that they've suffered enough shutdown pain and pass a veto proof budget to do exactly that by opening the government.

Another assumption that grows more questionable every day is that our President will be the 2020 candidate. A number of Senators have already decided that hitching their reelection to President Trump is a bad deal.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 10:37 AM
  • Mr. Braswell,

"He can't keep up with the subject at hand. Still trying to explain his new frienemy."

Not sure why you'd say that about Mr. VanGennip, but you are correct.

As for Senator Romney, just because he was a poor choice for president, does not mean he can't be honest and tell the truth about our current President.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 10:41 AM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

"I do not believe that you do not secure your property."

This is just one more example of the paradoxical SO conservative mentality.

You were presented with a simple fact, but because it did not conform with your preconceived opinion, you make an unfounded accusation of lying.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 10:49 AM

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it ."

~~ Mark Twain

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 11:54 AM
  • Very well done Mr Lettau. You pulled off the 4 D's:

Distract

Deride

Deny

Demonize

In just three posts. And all before noon!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 11:56 AM

"That's also correct. Voters in 2018 already took the lead in that direction by taking the House of Representatives away from President Trump and the republicans."

And Mr. Lettau, the voters increased the Republicans lead in the Senate.

Your "Blue Wave" turned into a ripple, compared to Obama and Clinton's "Red Wave".

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 1:18 PM

Mr. VanGennip,

"I do not believe that you do not secure your property."

This is just one more example of the paradoxical SO conservative mentality.

You were presented with a simple fact, but because it did not conform with your preconceived opinion, you make an unfounded accusation of lying.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 10:49 AM

Mr. Lettau, I never actually used the word lying. Where did you get your first clue I said you were lying? When I called you a typical modern day democrat?

I have a couple of words of advice for you Mr Lettau, since you appear to be a little short on know how for living in today's world.

* Insurance companies frown on claims that are presented when property is not secured properly, ie. locking the doors when you leave.

* Now that you have blabbed this bit of information all over the newspaper perhaps you should change your habits. Perhaps up until this point thieves had thought you were just a bit smarter than you admit to being. Now they know the truth.

Hope for your sake now that you claim to be truthful but not so bright your luck continues.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 1:41 PM

Senator Cruz calls for the $14 billion seized from drug cartel "El Chapo" to fund border wall .

……..…..

See Trump , it isn't so hard . Knock off your silly games and move on .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 1:54 PM
  • Mr. Braswell,

I'm beginning to believe that you must be an inhabitant of Schaefer's fantasy world.

"4 D's," where do you come up with this silly stuff?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 2:05 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

Perhaps not everyone is as paranoid as you appear to be. Must be sad to be so worried about every little thing.

And if you're not concerned about all of our President lies, I can see why your own wouldn't bother you.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 2:28 PM
  • So Typical of Mr Lettau to call someone a liar when his repeated democrat talking points are not being embraced.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 3:02 PM

Mr. VanGennip,

Perhaps not everyone is as paranoid as you appear to be. Must be sad to be so worried about every little thing.

And if you're not concerned about all of our President lies, I can see why your own wouldn't bother you.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 2:28 PM

Mr. Lettau, I had a car stolen off a busy parking lot at a hotel while attending a business convention back in the 1970's. First question asked by Insurance Co was your car locked.

Also had an attempted breakin at my home when my wife was home alone with two small children and I was helping a friend run an electric circuit for his freezer in his new home one evening.

Had a locked car broken into in my driveway late at night stealing a good number of tools from the trunk.

All of these happened in supposedly low crime areas.

Does that make my locking up paranoia, that is possible I suppose, but I am going to do my level best to not wake up to a situation where someone is standing at the foot of my bed with a gun pointed at my head.

Those were personal, had numerous breakins of my company's vehicles while parked at Employee Homes.

I will restate what I said to be perfectly clear with you. I do not believe you leave, or sleep, in an unlocked home. Only a fool would do that in this day and age.

And precisely where did I lie to you as you insinuate?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 3:31 PM

I do not believe you leave, or sleep, in an unlocked home. Only a fool would do that in this day and age.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 3:31 PM

Wheels: Guess that pretty well describes Mr. Lettau - a fool.

I'm beginning to believe that you must be an inhabitant of Schaefer's fantasy world.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 2:05 PM

Mr. Lettau: Believe you are the one living in your fantasy world of the land of the Illegals and the other freeloaders looking for the free stuff. You and the other Democrats better wake up before the new kids on the block recently elected who are already brain dead from their Liberal universities' brain washing before they take the party down so low that the Libertarian party will have more of a voter base.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 4:41 PM

As a matter of curiosity, how many really believe Mr. Lettau lives in an "unlocked" world in general and home in particular

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 5:49 PM

Wheels: I can see the Scopus Sage in a corner of his trailer holding a death grip on a baseball bat and an 8x10 photo of Obama thinking that every shadow is an Illegal out to harm him and his family. -- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:50 AM

Wheels: Mr. Lettau lives in his own fantasy world.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 5:53 PM

Dunno why anybody would want to break in a 50 year old house trailer

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:12 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:14 PM

Obama shut the Government down for 17 days in 2013 to force "Obamacare" .

Just sayin'..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:16 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 6:14 PM

Rick, send it to that silly new democratic representative from New York who was just interviewed on 60 Minutes and who wants a guaranteed wage for all and a host of other Socialistic Programs. She is already bucking Pelosi on the rules. I believe this silly Millennium actually believes she is in charge of the House of Representatives.

And the democrats think Trump is a problem. This is one of their own home grown loonies.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:20 PM

I've grown old and no longer young and hip . I can only hope those who are young and hip now will look upon those who are young and hip after they've grown old their self to see what they have done .

There is still hope for the People , all is not lost . The steady drip of political hate is no different then a steady drip of blood from a People and their civilization .

Like the dude from the USSR said , America will self implode , a shot doesn't need to be fired .

The greedy and selfish , the lazy and freeloaders , both blaming each other from what is the right thing to do .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:14 PM

This is one of their own home grown loonies.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 7:20 PM

Wheels: A good example of political inbreeding.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:17 PM

Why wouldn't Republicans be home grown loonies of political inbreeding , they are Americans too , no ?

More political hatred that rips the Great Lands in half . Pure hate .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:50 PM

Aren't Christians suppose to care for their fellow man or is that just talk ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:52 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:50 PM

Rick: You are missing the point.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:52 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:52 PM

Rick: That is true....if Chucky Schumer and Nancy Pelosi were down and out I would give them each a few dollars to get a burger.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 8:55 PM

Trump thrives on paranoia , fear , and hate . The more he creates , the more People support him to stop these , a game of 3 card Monte . The dude is either a carnival barker , a used car salesman , or both .

And People love him .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:05 PM

There are millions in America who could use a burger .

Somewhere in the Bible it says a rich man has a better chance of getting through the eye of a camel then they have getting into Heaven .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:08 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:08 PM

Rick, the quote goes like this....

A camel has a better chance of getting through the eye of the needle than a rich man does getting into heaven.

Now a question....

Do you know what the eye of the needle is?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:27 PM

Mr. Lettau must still be in a corner of his trailer fearing that an Illegal will break in and steal his 8x10 photo of Obama.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:36 PM

The Google god didn't like my 9:36pm comment - if it doesn't like it then delete it....couldn't care less.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:37 PM
  • Are we coming back to the part where the left says 'This is not who we are' as rebuttal to the need to secure the border?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 10:15 PM

Rick: You are missing the point.

……..….

What is the point ?

Do you know what the eye of the needle is?

……...

Nope , not a Christian , just remembering the quote .

Now I do wonder why what the eye of the needle could be . Wonder why that wasn't explained in the Bible , so it could be taken out of context like I just did ?

I'm not sure if the (R) and the (D) even existed when the Bible was wrote .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 6:48 AM

'This is not who we are'..is the biggest lie since "If you like your insurance you can keep it . Period ."

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 6:50 AM
  • Rick S.

"Now I do wonder why what the eye of the needle could be."

It's a small, narrow gate in a biblical city's wall that a man can pass through, but a camel cannot.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:25 AM

thnx !

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:37 AM

It's hard to remember everyone is different when everybody are suppose to be the same .

Not sure if the (D) and the (R) have figured this out yet .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:39 AM

Rick, to put it in a more understandable format, it's kind of like the man door beside the overhead door at the loading dock.

You see back in Biblical Days they believed in walls and locks (unlike Mr Lettau I suppose they were paranoid) and not being Politically Correct as they are trying to make us today, when the appointed time to close the main gate came, the gate was closed. They did not particularly care which side of the wall you were on and if that offended you or not. They provided this smaller gate to protect your tardy hide by providing you a less convenient way to come inside for protection but the camel and whatever would not fit through the narrow gate stayed outside the City wall. If your possessions were there in the morning it was a comfort, if they were not, that was truly unfortunate and complaining that you had to stop off for a beer in the previous town and they should have left the gate open for you did not help.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:48 AM

Rick,

More on the eye of the needle...

If they would have been caring people they could have put a keypad on the wall beside the main gate and given you the code to open it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:51 AM

Thnx! That makes good sense

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:51 AM

Rick, I did not read that in the Bible. Don't know if the explaination is in there or not. I had to have a guide 'splain it to me on a visit to one of those cities.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 8:59 AM

Either way makes good sense

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:07 AM

Rick, I really wish you had not brought up this subject. I see all kinds of problems. As I pointed out in modern commercial buildings we put in a smaller door(s) for convenience sake and for evacuation in case of fire. Trying to help people. Then what do we call that door(s)?

We call it a man door! Do you know what is going to happen when Women's Lib, Me Tooers and the Politically Correct world realizes this?

A Study will have to be made, a Plan of Action will have to be drafted, a Committee will need to be formed to implement the name change. But what are we going to call it that will fit on nothing larger than an index card?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:10 AM

Too many exception to the rule and way too many SJW .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:12 AM

Not very hip on acronyms... SJW ?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:22 AM

Social Justice Warriors

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:31 AM

Oh yes!

What we need is a more common sense and somebody with a mind to know what we can afford and what we cannot.

And what we cannot afford is to have half of the people living off the other half.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 10:11 AM

I see what the problem is here , I'm speaking in English a few are listening in dumbbass

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 11:42 AM

Hey , SJW

In the 1980s, when a kid had to blow out his birthday candles over an ashtray, next to an open beer while someone held a lit cigarette 6 inches from their face.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49897239_1192794540898425_43240700...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 11:45 AM

According to some of the newly elected Socialist Democrats, there should be a increase up to 70% or more for those whose income is $10 million or more in order to pay for free healthcare, free college for all. Glad that I'm a little short of $10 million income. Can you say- mass exodus of million/billionaires from the USA to other countries.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 12:39 PM

Hold those Personal possessions tight , a disease . There is way more to life then money . People lived without money for 1,000's of years in the New World .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 1:43 PM

Chaco Canyon , what the People can do without Personal Possessions .

https://www.nps.gov/chcu/learn/photosmultimedia/photogallery.htm

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 1:46 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 1:47 PM

Rick: i'll take any money that you don't want. Once worked with a guy who use to say - I've been poor and I've been rich, rich is better.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 1:51 PM

I'll gladly hand it over , I don't suffer from the Personal Possession disease .

The first illegal immigrants that arrived on the Great Lands were the poorest of the poor and out casts . They sought Freedom from Oppression , not Personal Possessions .

Just as the illegal immigrants of today .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:00 PM

Just as the illegal immigrants of today .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:00 PM

Rick the illegals of today don't seem to mind the possessions/money the government is taking from us and giving to them.

Why don't they do something to improve the country they cam from. This one cannot keep itself afloat much longer 21+ tillion in debt we are.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:34 PM

On a cruise last year we stopped at a port in Honduras (one of the countries where the current migrants are coming from), and on a tour of the city I saw that all of the police cars were new. Asked the tour guide about the new cars and he said thanks to the USA we have new ones. Wondered if that money was meant for the people and not the police.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:51 PM

The knowledge at Chaco Canyon was that by everyone .

The inner peace found in watching the sun set or solitude on the waters can not be found with Personal Possessions . It is not for sale . The very few with the very most pack up and leave when they don't get their way just as a child in line at Wal-Mart stomps it feet for candy .

The gift to create is for everyone , the general public are the judge and jury of new ideas .

The wise Elders say life goes on with or without Personal Possessions .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:53 PM

I'll gladly hand it over , I don't suffer from the Personal Possession disease .-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:00 PM

Rick: That's good. If the Socialist Democrats have their way you won't have any possessions because they gave them all to Jose.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 2:56 PM

People can have anything they want but not everything they want . Life doesn't work that way .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:05 PM

I'm not more afraid of "Socialist Democrats" then selfish "Me , Me , Republicans."

I let neither control my life .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:07 PM

the illegals of today

…….

Are really no different then the original illegals , they take whatever they want .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:26 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:51 PM

"They sought Freedom from Oppression , not Personal Possessions."

Rick, the above and then this

"Just as the illegal immigrants of today."

was what I was responding to.

I believe the original immigrants wanted Freedom from Oppression. I believe the illegal immigrants of today want whatever we have and they can get. Why else have they got both hands out taking what they can get?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:54 PM

got both hands out taking what they can get?

……..…….

The original illegals poisoned the waters and raped Mother Earth for whatever they wanted . This would be more then both hands .

Einstein was an illegal . The NAZI Von Brawn who headed NASA was an illegal .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:58 PM

Stay under the street lights out of fear and it's not safe .

Look for the lost keys under the street light and those keys will not be found .

The Government and Trump are the street light shining the way .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 5:06 PM

Think we'll buy an small island in the Caribbean with coconut and banana trees, raise some chickens and goats, buy more fishing equipment, put up some solar panels, plant a little garden, buy a portable desalination system, and say the He** with it all. Also, call it Schaefer's World.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 6:06 PM
  • I have been checking in some throughout the day waiting for Mr Lettau to make more predictions or continue espousing his ignorance regarding Bible verses. Me thinks he must be busy trying to figure out what DNC talking points are the official ones to be repeated.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 7:14 PM

Judge Ruthie will retire due to health reasons thus giving Trump another Conservative justice to name.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 2, 2019, at 5:24 PM

Looks like this might happen sooner than later.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:13 PM
  • One ? I can't find an answer to is what source determined 800,000 gov workers laid off. Another is did the Senate and Trump agree to the house resolution to allow and pass a bill to pay all idle workers for not working before any thing else is considered when an agreement is reached?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 9:42 PM

Trump thrives on paranoia , fear , and hate . -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 6, 2019, at 9:05 PM

Couldn't agree more. He's certainly got you paranoid, scared and hateful.

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 10:10 PM
  • On my trip to visit a loved one in hospice Saturday I had my bladder set for the rest stop near Bloomsdale. It was locked up with a sign on the door saying Closed no water. I didn't take time to read all the stuff but last time there it indicated maintained by a company in Texas. A couple of questions: Has this got to do with the government shutdown and why is MODOT not in charge?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 12:19 AM

Binky

That's right and that's why he has to go , I'm not in love with him and I refuse to fall at his feet . Over half the voters want nothing to do with him , including me , he uses these things to try and get more voters . He sure doesn't need to worry about your devotions .

btw...the Trump Administration asked for an additional $7 billion dollars on top of the original $5 billion dollars last weekend . Where does end , how much is too much .

How did Cruz find a $14 billion windfall but Trump couldn't . Your undying Trump love will not answer these things .

………….

R. W. Bess

Who determined the cost for a Wall . Where's the numbers .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 5:57 AM

Rick: President Trump shouldn't have to look for the money for the Wall - are not Democrats Americans and want to protect American lives. BTW, like I said before that $14 billion has probably already been given to the Illegals in the form of welfare and free health. The cost of the Wall was probably given as bids from the private general contractors to install the Wall.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 6:14 AM

So why can't Trump find $5 billion out of his $600+ spending ?

He's like a penny , two faced and not worth much .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 6:39 AM

And adding another $5 billion on top the lost $14 billion is a good thing in what way .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 6:40 AM

So why can't Trump find $5 billion out of his $600+ spending ?

He's like a penny , two faced and not worth much .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 6:39 AM

Rick: I already answered that question and repeating your claims does nothing but waste keystrokes.

And adding another $5 billion on top the lost $14 billion is a good thing in what way .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 6:40 AM

Rick: I already answered that question and repeating your claims does nothing but waste keystrokes.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 7:22 AM

Yup . And repeating over and over it's all the Democrats fault does nothing but waste keystrokes too .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 8:57 AM
  • El Chapo money was never seized, it was spread among the thieves.

"Who determined the cost for a Wall . Where's the numbers ."

If you don't know something just say so; no need to answer with a question.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 9:50 AM

I don't know anything and I'm not alone .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:02 AM

People don't know how to find the amount of Federal Employees not working .

Same thing .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:13 AM

Watching the address by the President concerning border security on CNN....what a pile of buffalo dung by their commenters. Did anyone see the strings attacked to Chucky and Nancy during their follow up speech - yea the strings being pulled by George Soros and the other New World Order heads. Oh well hopefully cool heads will prevail and what needs to be done for border security will be done for Americans' safety. Build the Wall and improve checks at all of the legal point of entries by new technology along with the hiring of more border agents should be the outcome of the negotiations for a humane border security system.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 8:35 PM

I fear for America. Read and see what the Democrats have sent to Congress

http://www.restoreamericanglory.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-my-moral-correctness-...

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 8:46 PM
  • I went to MSNBC and CNN right after to see the breaking news of collusion.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 9:19 PM

Old John

My guess is, when you finished watching those two channels, you realized that what you thought you saw was not what you saw and what you thought you heard was not really what you heard at all.

Trump cursed and Nancy and Chuck prayed.... right??

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:03 PM
  • Wheels, What was obvious was the diversion from Trump's speech. The real democrat objective is still to get Trump out of office just as Lettau indicated when he said hopefully Trump would follow Nixon's example and resign.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:24 PM

Old John

I can easily believe that. Trump is succeeding where Obama failed and the Democrats cannot stand it. Hillary was supposed to be a figurehead and Obama's third term and it didn't happen.

And I think I will go bed.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:38 PM
  • Good night Jason, Good night Jim Bob...... :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 8, 2019, at 10:44 PM

Wonder if anything will happen in the White House meeting today concerning the border Wall and security....maybe Chucky and Nancy will be in a better mood to negotiate with Pres. Trump.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 9, 2019, at 6:24 AM

The only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the spelling .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 9, 2019, at 6:45 AM
  • Not making a solid prediction but would not be surprised if Ben Carson makes some news this year with some common sense ideas about failed policies of federal government spending on democrat ran inner city problems.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 9, 2019, at 9:45 PM
  • Another one: Pelosinocco's make up artist and her face surgeon's pioneering techniques will be famously taught worldwide someday.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 10:04 AM

OJ: It's just makeup using Preparation H.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 10:08 AM
  • Semo, Good one!

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 10:49 AM

Today Trump claims Mexico is paying for the Wall from the new trade agreements . So why isn't he using that money instead of holding $350 million Americans ransom , he did say he'd take the blame for the shut down . Could it be because Congress hasn't ratified those trade agreements yet ?

Oh , yeah . Never , ever doubt Trump's actions . It's "hate" .

Ever .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 5:21 PM

The Federal Reserve are fake news and Trump haters too .

Fed Chair Jerome Powell warns an extended shutdown could damage the economy

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-powell-shutdown-economy-20190110-story.ht...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 5:39 PM

It is the role of Congress and the role of a President to keep this country functioning .

The entire year of 2019 is total finger pointing dysfunction . Everybody are guilty .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 5:47 PM
  • The big union boss was making noise today. Maybe all the stay home non essential folks will go on strike until the gov call them back and he can give them strike pay while they file for state unemployment benefits. Not Sure how that works.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 6:04 PM

"I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today." tweet - Jim Acosta CNN

"When I went with President @realDonaldTrump to the border today I never imagined @Acosta would be there doing our job for us and so clearly explaining why WALLS WORK. Thanks Jim!" tweet - Sarah Sanders Press Secretary

That Sarah is a lioness.

Walls do work just ask Jim Acosta.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 6:06 PM

The shut down is starting to affect small business , the Government's handy work . With massive lay offs plus small business closing it's a huge lose of revenue for everybody . When that shut down starts to affect your wallet maybe you'll get out of Trumps shadows and do something . So use $3 billion dollars as a compromise , everybody gets what they need .

Trump was a Democrat a lot longer then he has been a Republican . When he speaks about those nasty Democrats , he speaks about himself .

Where are the Americans , have they turned everything over to political parties ?

btw , when will Congress begin to start to address those trades ? Is it just another Washington DC game ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 6:25 PM

We don’t need illegals freeloading off the government. We have plenty of able-bodied Americans who already fill that role.

Better read this before it's deleted - the Google god didn't think that it was civil.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 6:55 PM
  • We have plenty of good people lined up to come in legally. Only people wishing to exploit for cheap labor or votes disagree with stopping illegal crossings.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 7:18 PM

Over half of those legal lined up have already been deemed as thugs and terrorist by Trump , he knows who they are even though he can't name them . Getting rid of the millions of free loaders in America will save trillions .

If Trump and his merry men can't see this , what else is there to say . A huge lose of revenue no longer will help the situation , I'm sure .

So , has Congress approved any kind of trade deal including China's ? Or is all that just beyond the point .

Compromise is a nasty word .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 7:41 PM

More and more People on Facebook are comparing Trump to Jesus Christ .

Is there end to the insanity .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 7:45 PM

More and more People on Facebook are comparing Trump to Jesus Christ .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 7:45 PM

Rick: I haven't seen that on FB yet. However, have seen various preachers saying that they like him.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 7:54 PM
  • "Over half of those legal lined up have already been deemed as thugs and terrorist by Trump , he knows who they are even though he can't name them ."

Rick, that part of your post belongs on the Hate Trump thread made just for Ricks. Trump has never said that Mexico wants to send their bad people legally. He made a generalization during his campaign that they are happy help them go north.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 8:13 PM

Ah ,any possible hint of questioning Trumps actions is "hate" . The same can be said of those who blindly love Trump even though they never used the word "love" . I can see the hypocritical difference .

I've never been to Church , What kind of Church or preachers is it , Protestant ? I had assumed Christ was the highest and most important thing anything else , doesn't the Church usually preach about the evils of the devil .

Wasn't Jesus an illegal immigrant ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 8:35 PM

Wasn't Jesus an illegal immigrant ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 8:35 PM

Rick: Don't think so, his Mom and Dad were Jews from Bethlehem. Saw where some folks thought that he was an illegal immigrant into Egypt but at the time all of the middle east including Egypt were part of the Roman empire.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 8:52 PM

The last National Emergence was the 9/11 attack made by BushII . I'm not really seeing how 2,000 miles is the same or as important as over 3,000 dead Americans .

Give it time , Trump's supporters will make this so .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 9:04 PM
  • Just because everyone has one is no reason to be one. No disrespect or lack of civility intended.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 9:12 PM
  • Who is this BushII that attacked on 911?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 9:15 PM

...and I'll post whatever I want anywhere I want..if it hurts the Obama and Trump supporters feelings , that's just to damned bad , I really don't care .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 9:20 PM
  • Anyone have any predictions for 2019?

Here's one: We will have a big snow storm or a pleasant week end and I might set my car clock back to regular time.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 10, 2019, at 10:39 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 6:22 AM

Here's a 2019 prediction. Circuit Court Judge Amy Barrett will be nominated and confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The following is 2017 recap of her experiences.

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/who-amy-coney-barrett/

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 8:07 AM
  • “President Trump Went to a Border Town to Prove They Need a Wall. Residents Say Otherwise”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/president-trump-went-to-a-border-town-to-prove...

More good news about our President. Now that he’s been to the border and seen for himself that there is no “national emergency” he can return to the White House, tell Senator McConnell to fund the remaining portions of the government, let people get back to work, and let the $5 billion serve better purposes.

Great.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 2:05 PM

Wheels: Looks like the Google god got both of our comments to Mr. Lettau....guess there goes free speech - didn't see anything anymore uncivil then Ricks or Mr. Lettau's comments has been.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:21 PM
    Response by Commenting moderator:
    After review, it was felt that deleted comments were not pushing the conversation forward and encouraging an escalating negativity.

If you have any questions, please review our commenting guidelines.

https://www.semissourian.com/help/guidelines

Wow, Semo471, I suppose we truly have thought control on the SE Missourian. We may not disagree with the Resident Leftist or we get wiped out.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:24 PM

Wheels: Your flower child comment also didn't pass the Google god....guess we might as well quit making comments unless we sugar coat it with PC lies.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:27 PM

Semo471, I get no warning just boom and it's gone. Somebody hasn't caught on yet that there are other ways beside Microsoft to communicate.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:29 PM

And Semo471 and anyone else interested, I still disagree totally with Mr Lettau's post showing blind allegiance to a political party.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:31 PM

I think that the new makeup that Nancy Pelosi is using has made her look years younger.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:33 PM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

"...guess we might as well quit making comments..."

Or at least don't let them escape from Schaefer's fantasy world, a truly amazing world where a reality drought allows a “national emergency” to be fashioned out of thin air.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:40 PM

Wheels: Your flower child comment also didn't pass the Google god....guess we might as well quit making comments unless we sugar coat it with PC lies.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:27 PM

If the SE Missourian is going to let Google control what I think and say, so long as the line of decency is not crossed, I will have little need for the paper. It's pretty much recreation for me.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:48 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

"...blind allegiance to a political party."

I'd suggest that your worship of Trumpism and believing everything our President utters, is the embodiment of blind allegiance.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:54 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:40 PM

Mr. Lettau: I'll try to sugar coat my comment to you concerning the national emergency so the comment will be deemed civil by the Google god. It's a national emergency if your loved one was killed by an Illegal or killed by drugs that have both slipped thru a porous southern border. It's not a national emergency if you are in a corner of a trailer with a death grip on a 8x10 photo of King Obama. Sorry Google god but that's about all the sugar coating that I can stand.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:55 PM

See, where Lettau can make a smart comment about "Schaefer's fantasy world"..... no problem.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:00 PM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

"It's a national emergency if your loved one was killed by an Illegal or killed by drugs that have both slipped thru a porous southern border."

I'm sure you're aware of what anecdotal evidence is (hopefully) but why then are the thousands killed by gun violence every year not constituting a "national emergency?"

If drugs are a "national emergency" why would we spentd $5 billion on a useless wall when 90% or more drugs are smuggled through legal point of entry?

Only in Schaefer's fantasy world

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:09 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 3:54 PM

Lettau, I have no blind allegiance to a man or a party. The Democrats and Republicans alike have done little on the border to correct the problems affecting our security as a nation. Just kick the can down the road.

People voted Trump into office because he promised to address the problem. We have now have one woman and one man trying to stop him because of hate and anger because he won the Presidency.

I support his efforts because I think they are necessary, not because of him.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:14 PM

Everybody wants something . Some of them want to abuse you , some of them want to be abused by you .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:30 PM

Rick L

Do not , I repeat , do not question any of Trump's actions ...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:32 PM

I'm sure you're aware of what anecdotal evidence is (hopefully) but why then are the thousands killed by gun violence every year not constituting a "national emergency?"

Mr. Lettau: More folks are killed by auto accidents than guns - is that a national emergency. Do you know what a strawman's point is - guess you do because that's all you have. See latest (2014) stats:

http://vpc.org/regulating-the-gun-industry/gun-deaths-compared-to-motor-vehicle-...

If drugs are a "national emergency" why would we spentd $5 billion on a useless wall when 90% or more drugs are smuggled through legal point of entry?

Mr. Lettau: 90% your opinion or do you have a link - you are linkless as always. IMO, I'll take the words of the border control folks who work there everyday then your snowflake comments.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:38 PM
  • Lettau, How do you know so much about drug smuggling?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:45 PM

OJ: He might be one of the mules.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 4:51 PM
  • That argument about gun violence in Dimocrat ran big cities being a on par with lack of border control is expected of wrong headed speak out leftist thinking.

Saying a border wall is immoral is also typical left wing absurdity when allowing people to be left stranded alone with no food and water demonstrates real lack of concern for fellow man.

Mr Lettau seems to have no point to make except repeating the failed talking points of those clearly on the wrong side of what is good for our country.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 5:57 PM

Guess the Google god only works 9am to 5pm. “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.” ¯ Martin Luther King Jr.,

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 5:58 PM

Mr. Lettau and other anti-wall folks, see what the professionals who are working the southern border everyday has to say. Your welcome.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01/11/border-patrol-official-south-texas-96-mig...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 6:15 PM

Why are CNN & MSNBC and the rest of the media spending more time interviewing furloughed government workers (who will all ultimately be paid in full in backpay) than they are interviewing Angel parents, who lost their children forever because of illegal immigration?

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 6:41 PM
  • Some of the dims in the house were fear mongering about state services that are not funded by federal gov. No one is being forced to work without pay, there are other jobs out there. I can understand them asking creditors to go easy but some are demanding creditors make new no interest loans to folks without any ability to repay. More Bwarny Frank and Sanders talk that got us into a economic downfall.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 7:12 PM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

"More folks are killed by auto accidents than guns..."

It is not really that complicated. Contrasting gun violence with auto accidents is an ideal excellent example of an “apples to oranges” comparison.

Guns are essentially designed, among other purposes, for self defense and in that capacity they often kill people, either intentionally or accidentally. Furthermore, with few exceptions, most people have little daily contact with guns.

With respect to automobile accidents, compared to the total time people are in and around vehicles, fatal accidents are extremely rare. In addition, autos are designed for transportation, not for hurting or killing people.

This is specifically why gun violence could or should be considered as a “national emergency,” and accidental automobile “violence” is not.

As far as drug trafficking goes, virtually none gets carried across the border by individuals which fortunately is highly inefficient It’s something you can look up yourself easily enough.

For example:

“Secure checkpoints along the American-Mexican border have become an increasingly popular entrance for drug smugglers entering the United States, a fact that could undermine President Donald Trump's argument for a border wall.

“Customs agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the busiest land border crossing in the world, check 50,000 vehicles and 20,000 pedestrians on an average day — and they do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Located just south of San Diego and a few miles north of Tijuana, there are countless attempts to bring drugs across the border: some successful, some not.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/drug-smugglers-mexico-use-border-crossings-...

“Meth, cocaine, heroin: Most gets smuggled through ports of entry. A wall won't stop it.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard...

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 8:56 PM
  • Mr. Bess,

"...but some are demanding creditors make new no interest loans to folks without any ability to repay."

I'm sure you have a handy reference to identify who "demands" and where and when they said that.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 8:59 PM
  • The house floor and general speeches is my reference an you can do your own research

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 9:23 PM
  • waiting for Next dimocrat talking point

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 9:48 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 8:56 PM

Mr. Lettau: Well at least you used some links for your comments. It's true that the most drugs come thru the entry points but what about all of the drugs driven across a fenceless or a non-wall border by ATV or carried in backpacks by the coyotes and Illegals using the drugs for start up money....no stats on any of this but common sense tells you that it's going on.

"by gun violence every year not constituting a "national emergency?"

Mr. Lettau: Were you not using “apples to oranges” comparison with your guns vs Illegals. BTW, since you are a drug expert what do you think a backpack of certain drugs would bring to the carrier - envision thousands of these and it's then not a small number as you stated. Won't drugs in a backpack kill someone as well as a pickup truck full of drugs will. But alas you are the drug expert.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 10:16 PM

Lots of snowflakes tonight on these threads as well as outside tonight....everyone be safe while driving and watch those steps.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 10:17 PM
  • Mr. Bess,

So it appears that you have no idea who supposedly made such an absurd statement.

That's no surprise. It's like so many other SO conservative claims that appear out of thin air.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 10:21 PM

I see Lettau is still trying to justify Nancy & Chuckie's 180 degree change of position on border security.

They are like that other famous democrat, John Kerry, they were for it before they were against it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 11, 2019, at 10:51 PM
  • Mr. VanGennip,

What's changed? No one except for our President has ever been in favor of a 2000 mile, 40 foot "beautiful" concrete wall. (Even if, as in some "fantasy" world, the Mexicans would pay for it.)

Democrats have always been for border security with improved fencing, extension of the fence where needed, additional electronic surveillance, drones, and added manpower. And they have favored improved drug detection at legal crossings.

Why do republicans have objections to enhanced border security?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 6:26 AM

How many other issues are there to fix or going on behind the scenes in Washington DC while the entire nation have their eyes on a Wall . Is there no end to this nickel and dime wall , is the entire world going to stop about a nickel and dime wall or is it a distraction from the new tax laws .

Walls can't always be seen through , how is anyone to know exactly who or what is on the other side and what they're doing at any given time . A national emergency would be 9/11 , not a nickel and dime hissy fit .

So why don't both sides settle on $2.50 billion , both sides get what they want but not everything they want . Such is life .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 6:48 AM

If I was negotiating with the Democrats, ever other day of their refusal to pass the money ($5.7 billion) for a steel/concrete Wall where the landscape necessitates it (it's not needed the whole 2,000 miles) I would add another half billion to the amount....in that way the delays will cost them and the country will get more Wall miles of protection. Shutting down the government and refusing to negotiate will hurt the Democrats in the 2020 elections and not help them like they are now thinking.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 7:13 AM

Illegal drugs will still come over the internet from China and across the Canadian border . The business has to be booming while everyone stares at the southern border .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 7:14 AM

Mr. Lettau: Let the Democrats in the House "show us the money" and quit whining and crying if they are truly committed to border security - which the Wall should be part of.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 7:25 AM

wall noun

a

: a high thick masonry structure forming a long rampart or an enclosure chiefly for defense —often used in plural

b

: a masonry fence around a garden, park, or estate

c

: a structure that serves to hold back pressure (as of water or sliding earth)

: one of the sides of a room or building connecting floor and ceiling or foundation and roof

: the side of a footpath next to buildings

: an extreme or desperate position or a state of defeat, failure, or ruin

the surrounded troops had their backs against the wall

: a material layer enclosing space

the wall of a container

heart walls

: something resembling a wall (as in appearance, function, or effect)

especially : something that acts as a barrier or defense

a wall of reserve

tariff wall

off the wall slang : crazy

the plan was off the wall

up the wall

slang : into a state of intense agitation, annoyance, or frustration the noise drove me up the wall

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 7:32 AM

Thanks Rick, forward that to Chucky and Nancy.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 7:38 AM
  • Unless weaponized, how are your drones going to stop anyone from walking across the border?

What has changed since all the loudest dims were calling for a wall?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 8:21 AM

OJ: The drones can take photos of the Illegals, voice a warning to stop in Spanish/English, if they don't reply then fire away for resisting arrest. The military does this every day (without warnings) in Yemen and other countries while fighting terrorists.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 8:42 AM
  • Mr. Bess,

The purpose of the drones is to extend surveillance in remote areas to see people and interdict them on the ground.

What is the deterrent of a 30 foot wall to a guy with a 31 foot ladder and a rope, if there’s no way to detect him?

Various types or styles of border fencing are appropriate for different areas, but no where has anyone (with the obvious exception) ever argued for a 2000 mile, 40 foot high concrete wall (with a single gate.)

How could anybody taken him seriously?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 8:58 AM

How could anybody taken him seriously?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 8:58 AM

Mr. Lettau: With your hog wash comments, who would take you seriously.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:08 AM

Guess Jose is going to carry a 30/40 ft. ladder 2,000 miles during his trek across Mexico.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:11 AM
  • I heard that Mars explorer found Martians and the Democrats immediately voted a foreign aide package,citizenship,social security guarantee,etc. Plus a job doing security at the wall around Pelosi's house.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:15 AM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

"...who would take you seriously."

Don't be so concerned, no one expects inhabitants of Schaefer's fantasy world to comprehend reality.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:32 AM

semo

And Trump , he's taken full responsibility

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:39 AM

Don't be so concerned, no one expects inhabitants of Schaefer's fantasy world to comprehend reality.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:32 AM

Mr. Lettau: Don't believe it's me who doesn't comprehend reality - just look into a mirror the answer will be before you. LOL at you as always.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:39 AM

And Trump , he's taken full responsibility

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:39 AM

Rick: He did until the House passed a proposal in late December with $5.7 billion in it for the Wall....the Democrats wouldn't have any of that so now the shutdown is on the Snowflake Democrats the party of Illegals and Freeloaders.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:43 AM

BTW, to all concerned there is a thread set up for Trump bashing and hateful comments - try it and save the rest of us on these threads the time to scroll down pass your Trump bashing and hateful comments.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:46 AM
  • "(with a single gate.)"

Whell, There he goes again changing things around by adding even more SO leftism.

You would not need drones to find people way north of the wall; Those if any with the big ladder would be caught at the wall.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:19 AM

There are 1,000s and 1,000's and 1,000s of home grown thugs using and selling home made illegal drugs . Do they count for anything .

At one point North Korea was the greatest threat to the homelands , how's that going . Does North Korea still have nukes and long range missiles .

These are simple questions and not hate . If there is any hate , it's against those who ask simple and difficult questions .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:34 AM

Mr. VanGennip,

What's changed? No one except for our President has ever been in favor of a 2000 mile, 40 foot "beautiful" concrete wall. (Even if, as in some "fantasy" world, the Mexicans would pay for it.)

Democrats have always been for border security with improved fencing, extension of the fence where needed, additional electronic surveillance, drones, and added manpower. And they have favored improved drug detection at legal crossings.

Lettau, your continued parroting of a 2000 mile wall shows rank ignorance of the facts. If Trump ever considered a 2000 mile long wall he certainly has backed off of it in an effort to compromise with the backward thinking democrats. Also the parroting of a concrete wall.... off the table. So any more parroting of those talking points constitute a lie.

So far as people, not necessarily just Repubplicans, supporting a wall, they are not against using other effective means along with a wall to protect our country. So that makes that talking point mere fiction.

In the past you have preached the need for compromise. Then why are you not now encouring Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to compromise and forget their 180 degree turn on their previous positions before Trump.

I do hope you are smart enough to understand the Democratic Party as a group and you as an individual party's hatred for Trump and anything he does or proposes doing is destroying this country.

Now if Google's slanted view towards liberalism wants to flag this post.... have at it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:36 AM

Rick L.

If you like your insurance you can keep it . Period .

A very short memory you have - very little room to ask simple questions .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:38 AM

This hissy fit needs to end and move on .

Leaders they are not .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:43 AM

There are 1,000s and 1,000's and 1,000s of home grown thugs using and selling home made illegal drugs . Do they count for anything .

Rick: Hopefully the authorities will take care of these home grown dope thugs.

At one point North Korea was the greatest threat to the homelands , how's that going . Does North Korea still have nukes and long range missiles .

Rick: NK still has them but they have not tested any nukes or fired off any test missiles. BTW, China, Russia, and other countries still have nukes and long range missiles.

These are simple questions and not hate . If there is any hate , it's against those who ask simple and difficult questions .

Rick: Simple questions along with my simple answers. Any hateful questions will not be answered by me.

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 10:34 AM

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 11:13 AM

So basically North Korea is still the greater threat , they might or might not still be developing these things but they still have the same ones . If it truly is America First it seems like the American thugs would be dealt with first but that's just me . They kill each other and innocents on a daily basis .

It's too late about those supposed hate questions , already got that label . Got the same thing from Rick L. for 8 years too .

The White House and Congress are exactly like a little kid stomping its feet for candy -- and just their own candy is my opinion .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 11:23 AM

What's another $5 billion on top of $21 trillion plus interest .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 11:32 AM

Or the billions being lost on a shut down .

Nobody in Washington DC should be paid a dime or get benefits either until this knot is untied .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 11:35 AM

So use airplanes to drop sewage on immigrants exactly like airplanes are used to drop water on forest fires .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 11:47 AM

Another simple question .

Trump claims there is another caravan coming from Honduras , this one even bigger .

What are the odds 2,000 miles of wall will be finished before that caravan gets here .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 12:24 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 12:24 PM

These people are getting together and marching on America in an organized manner trying to force their way in.

One of two things is a fact.......

1. They are a lot smarter than thy let on and are doing it themselves.

or

2. Some one with a political agenda and does not care what they are doing to the United States is doing the organizing and managing it.

I believe it is #2 and there should be some kind of criminal punishment involved.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 12:36 PM
  • I haven't heard Trump make that claim although I have been away from any news today. A reporter made that claim and Trump responded by saying if it's so he would deal with it.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 4:15 PM

The next time the Democrats complain about an Illegal immigrant kid, show them this and tell them to shut the door.(this was not my choice of words but the Google god said it was uncivil)

https://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/21/57762169-abortions-in-america-since-roe-vs-w...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 4:47 PM
  • semo471, Democrats don't seem to be complaining about any illegals coming here unless you are talking about them complaining about how they are being treated here. That is a good point in that the moral leftists pretend to care about children when they support the demise of children. Kinda gives a new pondering of the repeated 'Ripping children away from mothers.'

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 12, 2019, at 9:30 PM

This is for all the anti-Wall folks - enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yedm_ll6ww

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:20 AM

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - The United States is prepared to handle a massive caravan forming in Honduras that will head towards the US southern border, President Donald Trump told reporters during a visit to the border in the Texas city of McAllen.

"A caravan is forming right now in Honduras, it's supposed to be bigger than the other caravans, we will handle that as it comes up," Trump said on Thursday.

A caravan of about 15,000 migrants is expected to leave Honduras towards the United State soon, according to media reporters. That is much larger than the previous caravans that made the trip through Mexico last October.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201901111071381599-usa-honduras-caravan-migation/

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:27 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:27 AM

Rick: Guess that would then be a National Emergency.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 9:40 AM

Not in my book .

An attack on the Great Lands , such as 9/11 would be a National Emergency . How long has the USA been building the southern border Wall , has this been a National Emergency the entire time ?

Methinks is all political posturing , I mean , $ billion lousy dollars ? Hardly .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 10:00 AM

Rick: Guess we'll just see what happens....just like what's been going on for years....

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 12:26 PM

wheels

I have to believe in your #2 scenario .

Who is giving those 15,000 Honduras caravan folks water for such a long journey , who is feeding them , and where in the world are they finding toilet paper .

I just don't see how that many can cross the Panama Canal all at once too , who's letting them across . How about the USA put some Naval boats in the Panama canal or block both ends to clog it up with boats so they couldn't swim across ..

The thing about 9/11 was it was done by 8 People .

I wonder if there's a website that lists the pics , names , and act of terrorism those 4,000 terrorists caught at the southern border and if they've been arrested for terrorism against the Great Lands or just sent back Home , It seems to me if they were just sent back home , they will come back and try again .

Does anyone know where I could find such a website ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 2:45 PM

9/11 forced every plane in the sky to land too .

This southern border outrage is no where near 9/11 . Every American no matter the sex , race , age , and political party became as one , a united nation . The southern border is a back and forth pity party .

No where close to a national emergency .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 2:52 PM
  • Rick S.,

If the alleged 15,000 Honduras have to cross the Panama Canal, they're going in the wrong direction.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 2:52 PM

Rick L.

Don't mixfuse me with the facts .

It's still not the same as 9/11

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 3:54 PM

Hey , would you know where I could find that website ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 3:56 PM

Does anyone know where I could find such a website ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 2:45 PM

Rick: Try www.terroristsRus.com

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 4:11 PM
  • George Soros has Paul Allens dinghy ready to haul them across the canal.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 4:19 PM
  • How about put a 10% tax on all monies sent by illegals out of the country and a darn good wall is paid for.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 5:36 PM

semo

I couldn't find any info on those 4,000 terrorist on that website , it was more of a "WE hate the entire World" propaganda to me .

DA

If those caravan People are going the wrong way as Rick L. pointed out , it seems like all 15,000 would have a problem getting a cross Rio Grande but maybe a wall needs to be built around a major river too , just in case .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 7:07 PM
  • Roe vs Wade is the only choice those poor people got. Since sea levels are rising it may come down to Roe.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:01 PM

You got that right !!..hee-hee

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:02 PM

OJ: That's what George Washington said to his troops when they got to the Delaware River - do we roe or wade.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:42 PM

Would of been pretty freakin' cold to wade across that thing . It just might go to show People will do anything to get over to the other side though .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 13, 2019, at 8:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: