Speak Out: 10/09/18

Posted by Dennis Smith on Tue, Oct 9, 2018, at 9:37 AM:

Investigate senators

Well, since our distinguished U.S. Senate members seem to be so squeaky clean, there "might" be something that they did to someone 30 to 40 years ago that really caused another person a lot of pain. So in all fairness I suggest we do a full FBI investigation of Diane Feinstein and many of the others who have turned our due process and innocent until found guilty into a mockery of justice.

Dangerous attitude

Beware. The new norm is that the accuser always tells the truth. No need for facts. Only their word. It is a dangerous change in our "innocent-until-proven-guilty" constitutional rights!

Fly lie?

Dr. Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee was full of inconsistencies, but her selective fear of flying was enough for me to find her unbelievable. She claimed that she couldn't fly to D.C. on Monday for the hearing because she was too afraid of planes. But later she admitted that she regularly flew to Costa Rica, to Maryland, and other vacation spots.

Roe vs. Wade

There are some major misconceptions about the Kavanaugh confirmation. Overturning Roe versus Wade does not outlaw abortion. It also wouldn't signal the end of the fight over abortion, but rather the beginning of it. It is a fight Republicans may sorely regret.

Decency

I ask the same question of the Democrats and the media at large as Joseph Welch asked Joseph McCarthy in the early 1950s: Have you no sense of decency at long last?

Ford inconsistency

As I watched the Kavanaugh Senate Judiciary Committee on CSPAN, I was surprised that Dr. Ford, who possesses multiple college degrees and a doctorate, didn't know the meaning of the word "exculpatory." I was also surprised that she claimed to not understand how a basic Google search worked which would have assisted her in contacting Senate Committee members.

No logic

Claiming that only those who've been victims of sexual assault can speak on the matter is akin to claiming that only those who've been in the military can discuss defense issues, that only those who've been faced with an unwanted pregnancy can have an opinion on abortion, and only those who've been in a union can take a stance on Right to Work legislation.

Male victims

Claiming that men can't be a part of the sexual assault discussion requires the ignorant to doubt that men are victims one in six cases.

Replies (3)

• It isn't fair to assume all 100% of boys are guilty of these things . To do so would mean your son does it too mom .

Where , exactly , do the People who have affairs while they're married fit in , it does take a woman an not just a man . And , is it safe to assume all 100% of girls are prostitutes .

What say Society ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Oct 9, 2018, at 9:52 AM

Investigate senators: Agree 100%. Those without sin can cast the first stone.

Dangerous attitude: The Dems would like to do away with the courts in regards to any accusations of Republicans and hold court in the biased news media.

Fly lie: Liars sometimes forget their lies and get caught when they open their mouths.

Roe vs. Wade: The Abortion issue would go back to the individual States....52 million Americans killed by Abortions.

Decency: Worth repeating...."I ask the same question of the Democrats and the media at large as Joseph Welch asked Joseph McCarthy in the early 1950s: Have you no sense of decency at long last?"

Ford inconsistency: She might be book smart but lack common sense.

No logic: Well said....we all have opinions on matters that we care about.

Male victims: Republican men that is.

And that is the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Tuesday October 9, 2018.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Tue, Oct 9, 2018, at 9:57 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Oct 9, 2018, at 8:01 PM

Respond to this thread