Speak Out: 5-8-18

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, May 8, 2018, at 12:51 AM:

Macron's oration

The overall message of French President Macron's eloquent oration to a joint session of the U. S. Congress was overwhelmingly convincing. Reject Trumpism.

Grudge anyone?

And I thought I had trouble letting things go. A special Speak Out award for holding grudges goes to a recent contributor and Cape Central baseball player for never forgetting the fact that in 1968 his coach would not call off practice so he could go to the town plaza and hear RFK speak.

Trump quote

We went to Kennedy Space Center last year and the quotes from the past Presidents (Republican and Democrat) in the exhibits were awe inspiring. After reading Trump's remarks to the NRA, it seems highly unlikely he will ever come up with a quote that will make him look like an actual leader. Sad.

Boy Scouts

Well it sounds like the respected Boy Scouts of America program has caved to the liberals. News flash: there are boy scouts and girl scouts, programs for each, but because of a few people saying it is discriminating not to allow girls in Boy Scouts, they have caved. I don't recall any boys wanting to be girl scouts, but I am probably mistaken unfortunately. Weekend camp outs should get really interesting...hmmm? Our PC culture is destroying this country. and we just stand back and watch these few people ruin values that have made this country great.

Great work, newspaper

The role of the Southeast Missourian's investigative team of journalists in helping free David Robinson after 18 years of wrongful imprisonment cannot be overstated. It is your finest hour.

Traffic

I would like to know when our city is finally going to do something about the traffic congestion at the Perryville/Cape Rock Road intersection. I have been a driver for 40 years and it has always been a huge issue. Wake up, Cape! Please.

Mueller

Why doesn't the government spend a gazillion dollars on finding out what Robert Mueller's agenda is? It is clear he is going to do anything and everything he can to try to bring down President Trump. If Democrats think this is going to weaken President Trump's support they are sadly mistaken as this is intensifying the support for the president as the silent majority is keenly aware of Mueller's intent and it's not justice but revenge for Trump winning over their self-appointed Hillary.

Refugees

Some in the media and government created a huge stink over a "caravan" of refugees who crossed Mexico in order to legally apply for asylum at the U. S. border. Several hundred finished the trip. Meanwhile, thousands illegally cross our border daily by air, sea and land. Twisting the facts has consequences.

Replies (3)

• Macron's oration...what exactly did he say that wouldn't benefit France ?

Trump quote...actions are louder then words , where are the Leader actions . Sad .

Boy Scouts...4-H Clubs have both sexes and just like the 4-H Clubs , any Scouts are voluntary . People still have choices and options , Scouts and 4-H Clubs are not mandatory .

Mueller..."silent majority" , umm , say again ?... Is Mueller investigating a crime or trying to create a crime . It's been almost 2 years , give it a break ..

Refugees...illegal immigrants are like the common cold , there is no cure

Twins 6 , Cards 0

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, May 8, 2018, at 1:02 AM

Macron's oration: His message was one of friendship between France and the USA.

Grudge anyone: Wonder why the coach was so firm about practice - could it had been due to other practices that were skipped.

Trump quote: What does Space and the NRA have to do with each other....the space part must be between your ears.

Boy Scouts: Very true comments. Liberals and the PC crowd have ruin America as we have known it.

Great work, newspaper: A good day when an innocent man goes free and hopefully will live a productive life....this is a good example of the appeals system.

Traffic: Attend the next city council meeting and voice your concerns.

Mueller: Very true comments. The "Deep State" is at work lead by George Soros/Obama/Hillary/DNC to undermine Trump's presidency.

Refugees: Some have been given asylum after going thru proper steps....how then you bleeding hearts look at the problem of immigration and work together in Congress to resolve the problem.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Wednesday May 9, 2018.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, May 9, 2018, at 9:40 AM
  • Macron's oration: Saw a for sale ad; French military rifle, like new, only dropped once.

Grudge anyone?: Heard a radio ad saying anytime you see a real leader they played sports. There is money to be made in sports and politics but I don't think money has anything to do with leadership. Is to be led what you want?

Trump quote: Were any of those awe inspiring words said at the space center?

Boy Scouts: Boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

Great work, newspaper: Methinks great work of the no charge law team that did the work and he paper did a good job keeping us informed.

Traffic. Take another route.

Mueller: It's coming back to bite'm.

Refugees: Where is it in the constitution or what law passed by congress says we are obligated to take in people for any specific reason over others that seek to be American citizens?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, May 9, 2018, at 11:35 PM

Respond to this thread