Speak Out: State of the Union Preview

Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:28 AM:

Short, substantive, and sarcasm.

My (fill in the blank) is the greatest (fill in the blank) ever seen.

Repeat as often as needed.

Note that it seems that many SO conservatives, in addition possessing the faulty logic gene, have a severely underdeveloped sense of humor. If you don’t like this, ignore it.

Replies (76)

• My predictions, not necessarily in order, for the (fill in the blanks) are:

…tax cut plan…

…immigration plan…

…infrastructure plan…

…border wall plan…

…military plan…

…foreign policy…

…Presidency…

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:29 AM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:29 AM

Common: I feel sad for you....that hatred for OUR President will cause you countless illnesses. BTW, at least Trump get's it done and not doing the crawdad like Obama was famous for. BTW, Obama used the word "I" hundreds of times in his speeches and list all his accomplishments (even though there was none) did you not think that was funny back then.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:45 AM
  • Short, substantive, and sarcasm.

Repeat as often as needed.

8 years out of the Obama play book .

"Look at me , see how great I am ! Believe me , I know !"

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:49 AM
  • common, there is still plenty of time for you to announce you're boycotting along with the others.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:51 AM

Ulrich will have his eyes glued to the TV for Trump's State of the Union address.... same as all other Trump Haters, just looking for that one word wrong that they can jump on and criticize him for.

I would say Ulrich's new Thread for either later tonight or first thing in the morning has already been written, just waiting for the fill in words. Like this current Thread just bigger and more comprehensive.

Must be sad to be so obsessed with one man, well two actually, the one he loves and the one he hates.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:05 AM
  • The Black Caucus is boycotting the State of the Union . I say so what , let 'em , **** 'em . Who do they think they are , somebody special ?

Hell , let 'em boycott Congress altogether , who's gonna miss 'em anyway . Racists , nothing but pure racists ..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:09 AM
  • "I feel sad for you....that hatred for OUR President will cause you countless illnesses."

You're still totally confused. The justifiable criticism doesn't come from hatred, it's from concern for our country. I don't expect you'll understand that but it's true nevertheless.

The continued improvement in the economy under President Trump is a good thing. The tax cuts will help some in the middle class which is also good. The infrastructure plan is much needed and hopefully it comes through. His "promise" to support DACA is a positive. Border security is also good.

Having said that, the President has created problems too. The 1 1/2 trillion dollar loan for was excessive and should have been limited to corporate taxes and the middle class, as the extra trillion for the 1% is just another bill for our grand or great grand children.

He promised trillion dollars or more for infrastructure but says now it will only be $200 million with the states and tolls coming up with the rest.

He's holding DACA hostage for the unneeded parts of a wall for no reason, since there are only some areas where more fencing is required, while drones and electronic measures would be more effective.

So, Mr. Schaefer, don't concern yourself with my health. There isn't any "hatred" except for what's in your imagination, and that of other SO friends. There have been both some positives this year and some negatives.

Mr. Bess,

Why would "boycott" anything. There's always a chance that his speech writers will come up with something that makes sense.

And Mr. VanGennip, please pay attention and don't act so "obsessively" dense.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:53 AM
  • Guess I was right about the underdeveloped sense of humor, but they must of liked it since they didn't ignore it.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:54 AM

And Mr. VanGennip, please pay attention and don't act so "obsessively" dense.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:53 AM

Truth really gets under your skin doesn't it? :-)

Ha, Ha, Ulrich. Now are you satisfied, you're still not funny. Pathetic would be a better description. Ha Ha!

So far as holding DACA hostage, he is smart enough to not trust the lying Democrats. Give them what they want and then try to get anything out of them and all he will get is the middle finger. They either compromise or they get nothing. Sound fair to you Ulrich??

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:12 AM
  • "Truth really gets under your skin doesn't it?"

Which one of your"truths" do you think bothers me?

"...he is smart enough to not trust the lying Democrats."

That's got to be the most absurd statement you've come up with lately. I'd say you meant that the democrats are smart enough to not trust the lying President.

Remember some thing like you come up with a plan and I'll sign it and "take the heat."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:29 AM
  • "...looking for that one word wrong..."

I'm predicting that there will be much more than "one word" wrong and fabricated.

In any case, far be it from me to throw the cold water of truth and facts, on your enjoyment of the afterglow of the SOTU tomorrow.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:35 AM

Remember some thing like you come up with a plan and I'll sign it and "take the heat."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:29 AM

What they came up with was no plan.... it was a joke. He didn't say just any plan.

And what about Schumer, after the "Schumer Shutdown" was shot down by Schumer.... "that deal is off the table".

How many S's in this sentence Ulrich.

The Shumer Shutdown was shot down by Shumer!

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:55 AM
  • "Obama Mentions Himself 119 Times In Speech About Hillary" - July 2016

"Obama Mentions Himself 45 Times During Memorial Speech For Dallas Officers" - July 2016

"The president rallied with Clinton supporters in Philadelphia and when doing so, managed to mention himself 137 times." - September 2016

"Obama talks about himself 207 times in 84 minutes — while campaigning for Hillary" - September 2016

===

So what's an Obama worshipper like you have to say about Obama and "I.."?

Nothing. So what's the problem Commie Lettau?

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:56 AM

So, Mr. Schaefer, don't concern yourself with my health. There isn't any "hatred" except for what's in your imagination, and that of other SO friends. There have been both some positives this year and some negatives.-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:53 AM

Common: The positives far outnumber the few negatives last year and so far this year....hang on tight our President Trump is just beginning with the positives. BTW, your previous and current comments about Trump does indeed show your hatred for the man.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 11:43 AM
  • "...comments about Trump does indeed show your hatred..."

That shows how little you know. Because I believe he's an extremely poor President does not mean I hate him. I can guarantee you that I well above that.

It seems that the SO conservatives are the ones possessed and haunted by "hatred" of other people.

"...positives far outnumber the few negatives..."

Your opinion only, and as always you're welcome to it. Have any examples?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 12:19 PM
  • "...comments about Trump does indeed show your hatred..."

That shows how little you know. Because I believe he's an extremely poor President does not mean I hate him. I can guarantee you that I well above that.

I can not remember how many times you posted that I hated Obama when I was pointing out the obvious , actually , I quit counting .

It's not because I believed he was a poor President , nay , I believe he's the worst President in the history of the United States of America . Just look who he has spawned right now .

Obama was totally inept , unqualified , and should never have been President ....ever . Now we all have to take out his trash , well , the trash you and millions more accumulated ....

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 1:19 PM
  • And you biatch the loudest too ...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 1:21 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 12:19 PM

Common: Poor Snowflake full of hate. Look at most of your comments....try to control your anger or it will eat you up from the inside.

The state of the union today versus during the eight years of the failed Obama administration is 500% positive.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 2:22 PM
  • Pretty much foresaw the SOTU as another marquee moment for Mr Lettau to blow off a little steam. Prob lots of room in the back of the bus if Ms Watters scooches over.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 2:23 PM
  • Oops,that's Waters,as where pond scum thrives.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 2:25 PM

Amy congressperson or Supreme Court Justice that boycotts the State of the Union speech tonight is anti-American and can go live in a sh**hole country.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 2:33 PM
  • To believe he's an extremely poor President you need a standard. If Obama is your standard, your standard is extremely low. But we know someone of your class wouldn't use Obama as a standard.... or would you?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 2:33 PM

Rick, I don't think this was meant for this thread but would like your take on it. ;-)

Indians on a remote reservation in Oklahoma asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, 'Is the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called the National Weather Service again. 'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'

'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called the National Weather Service again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'

'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied, 'The Indians are collecting a ******** of firewood’.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 5:18 PM
  • Was that Chief Lettau?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:02 PM
  • Funny story, but has zero to do with reality. And that's kind of par for the conservative course.

Facts and reality are very often beyond their comprehension.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:21 PM
  • Wheels

It's that Global Warming

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:27 PM

Welcome back Semo! Hope you and girlfriend had an awesome time.

As you see it is still the same here.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:29 PM
  • Can't remember the last time we watched a SOTU . The last one we watched , can't remember the President , the entire place stood and clapped about everything and anything . Kind of theatric and sickening at the same time ..

It'll be picked apart word by word from every media outlet as they see fit anyway , propaganda is propaganda .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:39 PM
  • Ulrich, Actually that story has a point in describing the logic of the progressive flawed logic you display with your constant praise of a failed president and disdain for anyone that sees it is typical of someone that looks to government for every answer.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 7:06 PM

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:09 AM

Black Caucus is racial. Since Congress doesn't seem to care why not have a White Caucus and Hispanic Caucus and so on. The responses would be interesting but mostly predictable.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 7:43 PM
  • Just put them all in a big tax and spend spread the wealth caucus and call it the Democrat caucus.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 7:48 PM

Wheels

It's that Global Warming

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 6:27 PM

Very likely causing it with all of the fires they were going to build with all of that wood.

Old John upset Ulrich and Ulrich took a poke at me.... kinda touchy don't you think. :-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 7:55 PM
  • Karen

It should be the African/American Caucus , it's wrong to label People of "color" black these days . Just like the NAACP , now that one has "colored People" when it should be the NAAAA . So , there's Black Caucus , "Colored People" , and African/American . No other Peoples in America demand so many designations , no other Peoples will demand a boycott of a SOTU because it offends so many designations .

It's one reason I say let 'em stay away , who cares , **** 'em , what new designation is coming up next . The majority are Democrats helping Democrats get the label of cry babies .

Tonight won't be taken serious , watch and see . The (D) will rip it to shreds and throw it to the winds as trash . The (R) will frame it and mount it on their mantles . A Nation totally divided . More and more Americans really don't give a **** anymore , can't say as I blame them either . Teat for tat , back~n~forth .... Thnx Obama for getting the ball rolling , you piece of unmitigated shat .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:00 PM
  • Very likely causing it with all of the fires they were going to build with all of that wood.

Old John upset Ulrich and Ulrich took a poke at me.... kinda touchy don't you think. :-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 7:55 PM

The old signs have changed some since 2012 when Mother Earth's tilt changed . This affected all life and living things plus the weather too , it sure does have those Global Warming People freaked out , no doubt . This flu bug is really no surprise just as hotter air over the past 3 years is no surprise either .

But all this is for another thread or day ..

And yeah , you gotta watch Old John , sly he is...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:06 PM

Looks like one side of Congress at the State of the Union must have glue on their seats.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:39 PM

I saw Nancy clap once.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:54 PM

Pelosi and Schumer must have used Scotch tape on their mouths in order not to smile.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 8:59 PM

Ok Ulrich, Trump is finished with his Speech, you're on deck.... or do you have to wait for the Democrats rebuttal for talking points.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:39 PM

Wheels: Common will wait to see what the high paid CNN/MSNBC spokespersons have to say before writing down on here what they had to say.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:52 PM
  • I was a little disappointed in the Fox news coverage because they tended to focus on the right side of the chamber for response so I toggled back and forth with CSPAN. Got to see Pelosi and Schumer reactions a couple of times. Think they were sucking on lemons. Just now tuned in to radio to hear the democrat response. Don't think anyone thinks it is worth the air time.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:03 PM

Old John, I caught Nancy clapping once. Other than that I enjoyed watching her expressions.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:08 PM
  • Meanwhile I heard about an Indian that ran an extension cord to the privy so he could see to pee. Chief Sagebrush was the first Indian to wire a head for a reservation.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:13 PM
  • Ralph, I would have liked to see commons mug but I'm sure he boycotted with the rest of those with his class. I'm sure he was invited being such an influential party member.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:19 PM

MSNBC was just going after Trump reading off a teleprompter. Have they lost their mind, after 8 years of Obama's stuttering every time the teleprompter malfunctuned.

Then Old Thrill up his leg was railing on about Trump giving us the dessert first then served the red meat.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:20 PM

My granddaughter asked me what I was doing. I told her watching the SOTU. Then I told her that Pelosi kept looking like she was sucking on a lemon. As time went on though it looked like she had taken a huge bite from a shat sandwich.

Wasn't hard to figure out were the Dems. were seated. Do they not realize how much they showed their lack and total rejection of compromising?

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:29 PM

It was interesting to hear both Trump and Kennedy talk about how immigrants came here looking for freedom and failed to mention that this Country was already occupied from ocean to ocean and all points in between. No mention of how we took their freedom and their land along with many of their lives. Also failed to mention how we have shown a total disrespect for their belief of caring for the land and water and sacred places. They took only what they needed from the land and were actually kind of conservationists.

As Rick says life is a circle. What goes around comes around.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:54 PM
  • I must have one of those smart TVs. It won't play the PMSNBC Channel.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 10:56 PM
  • Also must have one of those smart beds because it's calling me too.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 11:00 PM
  • Commie Lettau is going to be very very upset this morning...

CBS Poll: "Eight in 10 Americans who watched tonight felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it."

"Three in four Americans who tuned in to President Trump's State of the Union address tonight approved of the speech he gave."

===

And...

"President Trump used the word “I” 29 times in his speech, while using “we” 129 times. Another communal word used often by the president: “our,” which he used 104 times."

===

I'm not surprised. Lettau has predicted massive republican losses for 8 years and witnessed the worse democrat losses in US history.

And so yesterday he predicts Trump will say

"My (fill in the blank) is the greatest (fill in the blank) ever seen."

And he's wrong again. That's why discussion is fruitless with someone so in-the-tank with the leftist / socialist agenda and such a Trump hater.

There's no point.

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 6:07 AM
  • Possibly, and hopefully our SO friends can set aside their aversion and disdain for facts and read for themselves...

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s claims in his State of Union address

https://apnews.com/e37867ab28704abfbd9ac3dc8ae9612d

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 6:48 AM
  • “…that story has a point in describing the logic of the progressive flawed logic…”

Really, the story is funny but has nothing to do with logic or “progressivism.” It’s humorous because of the situational irony with the circular “twist” at the end where one party is basing his advice on what the other is already doing.

But you can dismiss the explanation above, but you should be aware that there is no “constant praise,” rather occasional corrections of misinformation. A good example of that is the false characterization of a “failed president.” In actuality, were you to read the fact check above, you’d conclude that in his SOTU message, our President would have more correct had he attributed much of his successes to building on the accomplishments of the prior administration.

----- ---- --- -- -

“…it is typical of someone that looks to government for every answer.”

Who did you have in mind? The only issue I’ve supported that’s even vaguely related to your claim, is the expansion of Medicare. And even that only entails private, not government, medical care backed by a federal insurance program.

I don’t look and haven’t looked “…to government for every answer.” What evidence do you have to counter that or support your assertion?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 7:36 AM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 6:48 AM

Common: Has anyone fact checked AP....think not. Common, did you fact checked Obama's SOTU....think not.

Poor ole Nancy and Chuck with those sour faces - oh, that's their normal look since Nov. 9th 2am 2016. Have a good day Democrats, rather you want it or not President Trump will MAGA and put America First.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 8:17 AM

.......In actuality, were you to read the fact check above, you’d conclude that in his SOTU message, our President would have more correct had he attributed much of his successes to building on the accomplishments of the prior administration.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 7:36 AM

Ulrich

If you took a good luck at Trump's success record you would have to see that much of Trump's success depended on tearing down the disasters that Obama built.

DACA would be a good place to start. Americans want that situation to come to a head and be resolved, How long has that can been kicked down the road with nobody wanting to touch it.

Trump is CRSU no question about it when it comes to his daily lifestyle but try telling me he doesn't have bigger gonads than the last three Presidents combined. He will go after a solution if stepping on toes is required. Political Correctness is not his bag.

But he can also be a little diplomatic should the occasion require it. Think they might have given him a tranquilizer last night Ulrich?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 9:01 AM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 8:17 AM

I think Ulrich is unhappy that Trump didn't show up last night wearing his Red MAGA Hat and dragging a club in one hand and pulling Nancy Pelosi in by her hair screaming and kicking with the other hand. Then he would have had something to witch about. ;-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 9:07 AM
  • Ulrich in his typical demorat logic would be happy to make America a turdworld country in exchange for another Obama.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 10:01 AM
  • Mr. Bess,

Why is it that you would make such an asinine claim, that's totally untrue?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 10:22 AM
  • "...Trump's success depended on tearing down the disasters..."

What “disasters?”

You mentioned DACA. It’s been sitting there all along waiting for Congress to act. President Trump could have asked for a clean DACA bill on his first day. So why didn’t he? About 90% of Americans want DACA approved.

How about off shore drilling in the Atlantic (except for southern Florida?) What oil company is going to invest millions knowing that by 2021 or earlier, sensible restrictions will be reinstalled.

On coal fired power plants the same is true. No one will invest millions with cheap natural gas and coal as dirty as it still is. The one or two mines that reopened were for steel making.

The TPPC is now interesting to the President since the Canadians are pushing it forward without us.

There’s no change in ACA until next year, and it may it well may keep going unless McConnell lied through his teeth.

Environmental regulations may be supposedly “revoked” but ones that are significant will be in the courts until after Trump.

And so on…

Try reading the fact checks.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 10:40 AM
  • Mr. Lettau, Why would you start a thread to criticize a speach before you even heard it?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 10:42 AM
  • I didn't. It was a prediction and was annotated as sarcasm. I even invited everyone to ignore it, if they didn't like it.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 10:55 AM
  • Why is it that you would make such an asinine claim, that's totally untrue?

Read your 10:55 and there is your answer

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 11:11 AM
  • Now tune in to Rush and see if he's still using some of my material.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 11:13 AM

OJ: Agree, the Snowflakes will not try to do anything that will help the USA but will do the opposite in hopes that 2020 will be the year for them.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 11:31 AM
  • “Why is it that you would make such an asinine claim, that's totally untrue?

Read your 10:55 and there is your answer”

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 11:11 AM

More SO conservative lack of logic…

You make a silly claim, then toss out something completely unrelated, and then profess it to be “the answer.”

Unbelievable, or it would be, were it not for the source…

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 12:07 PM
  • common can't handle his lack of superior conservative logic. He's been touched by his god Obama and may never recover.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 1:56 PM

OJ: Common just needs to FOCUS.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 2:51 PM
  • Give it up, Mr. Bess, you're making zero sense.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 3:58 PM

I guess what many who watched last night saw was many who showed their total disrespect not only for a President but for those who were guests and introduced during the address.

I saw a Dem. say today (and I don't remember who it was but was a House member) that he applauded and showed respect to the President because that is how he was raised.

They made themselves look bad with their facial expressions and sitting on their hands while Trump is saying they need to work together and he also pointed out that it shouldn't be about party affiliation but about the citizens of the Country.

With elections coming up I think they acted like a bunch of pouting, disrespectful, immature adults who have no business in the positions they hold.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 4:00 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 4:00 PM

Iamhere: That would be Democratic Senator Joe Manchin from West Virginia who is up for election in 2018 from a state that Trump carried.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 5:28 PM

Semo that was who it was. Thanks for reminding me.

Sometimes when I am busy and the t.v. is on I happen to catch something as I am coming through the room but don't have time to stop and watch the whole thing just parts of it.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 31, 2018, at 6:58 PM
  • Fed expected to keep interest rates steady as Yellen era ends

The Federal Reserve is expected to leave interest rates unchanged Wednesday while signaling a gradual tightening of monetary policy later this year as the U.S. economy continues to expand and job gains remain solid.

Investors will focus on the U.S. central bank's gauge of inflation, which remains stubbornly below its 2 percent target, the risks it sees to its economic outlook, and any assessment of the impact of the Trump administration's tax overhaul on growth.

The Fed is due to release a statement at the end of its latest two-day policy meeting at 2 p.m. EST. The policy meeting is Fed Chair Janet Yellen's last as head of the central bank.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fed-expected-to-keep-interest-rates-stea...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 3:50 AM
  • It's the economy , stupid

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 4:20 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 6:29 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 6:29 AM

Dang it! Quit posting those hilarious photos so early in the morning. I spit up a good cup of coffee on that one.

Thanks! Hilarious - but true.

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 7:24 AM

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 6:29 AM

Rick: Looks like she is about to cry over Trump's great SOTU speech....poor little Snowflake.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 8:18 AM

Rick,

I have to say that is the best description of her I have seen! :D

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 9:58 AM

Rick,

A green persimmon will do pretty much the same thing. But then I guess it's not persimmon season in even Washington DC. Original description appears to be correct.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 12:07 PM

Respond to this thread