Speak Out: 1/28/18

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 6:40 AM:

Think about it

Before making their final decisions, I wish more of our politicians would give some thought to the Old Greek Proverb: A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

Poor choice

I watched the Cape superintendent's video in which he parodied Vanilla Ice with great disappointment. Why in the world would an educational leader in our community choose an artist who is known for his filthy, misogynist, racist, and violent lyrics? Good job of glorifying a disgusting lifestyle by promoting a music genre that has long glorified and celebrated such despicable behavior.

Store closing

The Atlantic recently published an article identifying three factors explaining the large number of Toys R' Us stores. I think it was spot on. The three were, bad acting private equity firms, Amazon and kids with omnipresent smartphones. With all of the griping and grumbling aside, we're living in relatively robust economic times; low unemployment, steady growth, etc. What's going to happen to already decimated retail stores when the next recession hits, as it inevitably will.

Rust column

Jon Rust's understandable disillusionment with the moral character of our leaders (Trump and Greitens) will hopefully but unlikely soon be complemented with a takedown of their atrocious policies.

Disney immigration

My parents broke into Disneyland where my mother gave birth to me. We've lived inside the park illegally for 10 years. Pluto and Snow White told me I could live there free of charge and without paying the entry fee. But now Walt Disney Jr. wants me to leave the park and wait in line with everyone else trying to enter the park. It's just so unfair.

Replies (4)

• Think about it...or the Lakota words of wisdom , "we are remembered by the tracks we leave in the path behind us "

Poor choice...Hewey Lewis and the News sang "It's Hip To Be Square" fits this dude better .

Store closing...the Economy Cloud can storm just as hard as the brick and mortar stores during a depression

Rust column.....Obama's National Directive lowered America's morals and ethics . "Boys will be girls and girls will be boys , it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world " ~~ The Kinks

Disney immigration...Mickey Mouse and Goofy will come to your rescue .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 7:02 AM

Think about it

I agree.

Poor Choice

A lot of music genres cover things such as that including Country Music.

However I thought he did very well in his parody of Ice, Ice Baby. Parents not even in that district were complementing his video. Shows that he wants to connect with students and not just be viewed as a stuffed shirt or looked upon as someone who just is there to deal out punishment.

Disney Immigration

Maybe putting that way more people will understand why people are upset about millions who live in the USA the same way.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 7:25 AM

The DACA Dreamers I have seen on TV are angry demanding individuals and are just the opposite of what I would consider a credit to our country.

Don't we have enough of these young punks born and bred in our country already without making citizens of more of them?

Saw one last night who is demanding to bring all of her relatives in with her or she would be nothing but a 2nd class citizen. If they are not appreciative and satisfied to become citizens on our terms put them on the next bus to their country of origin.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 7:39 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 7:39 AM

Respond to this thread