Speak Out: It's so cold......

Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 2:14 PM:

That I had to bust up the piano for firewood but I only got 2 chords.

Replies (92)

Rock: If you would had bust up a guitar you would had gotten 3 chords.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 3:08 PM
  • Rock, It's so cold commonsesematters is trying to recycle some platform lumber hoping to get a few planks to keep him warm and fuzzy.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 6:32 PM
  • ...because Obama,Gore,Dicaprio,etc aren't flying around in their private carbon spewing jets traveling to speak about the rest of us deplorables are causing global warming.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 8:44 PM

It's so cold outside...

Commie Lettau was seen with his hands in his own pockets!

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 9:46 PM

Rock,

It was a balmy 40 degrees as a high in Gulf Shores today.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 11:57 PM

Wheels,

Send some of that up here. It is colder than a witches t$$ outside!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 5:15 PM

That 2 seater sure is cold first thing in the morning..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 6:29 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 6:36 PM

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 6:36 PM

Well now! Ain't that just dandy! 😕

Rick you could have talked all night and not said that. 😎

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 6:42 PM
  • Rachel from credit card service calls at least once a week to tell me she's been monitoring my credit report. How the hell does that happen?. How did my credit history get on line? What happened to the no call list?

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 7:58 PM

OJ,

They drive me nuts. I have got to where if I am not sure who it is I mute the ringer. If it is important they can leave me a voicemail!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 8:13 PM
  • KJ. They have figured out how to make the caller ID look like someone I know.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 8:25 PM

I also get their calls. Once I am assured of who they are, I hang up, send them to the Auto Reject List and then delete their number. It is a ritual.

But they will be back with another number sooner or later.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Jan 3, 2018, at 8:31 PM

I've got 12 blocked numbers so far. They are clever, now they are using local numbers. If you get one of these calls it only rings twice that way they can call someone else. Maybe we should get a law passed to do away with telemarketers, they are probably from India anyway and won't cause unemployment here.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 7:48 AM

I did call the State Attorney General awhile back about it and was told they could do nothing because the calls originate from out of the Country.

Just peachy!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:09 AM

Just peachy!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:09 AM

Iamhere: Guess we can only block the numbers one by one.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:14 AM

Semo,

I had one from them that looked like it was from the Jackson School District. With the grandkids in school I answered but they got more than they bargained for from me!😁

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 11:18 AM

Those robo-calls , once a person answers , they got your number saved in a data farm . No matter what type of blocker you have , they'll eventually roll back around under a different linked data bank . The only way to get rid of them is a whole new phone number ...

...btw , never say the word , "yes" . There's a new scam going around .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 12:45 PM

...btw , never say the word , "yes" . There's a new scam going around .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 12:45 PM

Rick: Be like a Democrat and just say NO.

Had a call this summer from someone who couldn't talk very good English and he said - Hello Grandpa David your grandson has been arrested and needs money to bail him out of jail. I just told him to just keep the boy because he wasn't any good anyway. All I heard was a click.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 1:08 PM

Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 1:08 PM

😂😂😂😂

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 1:41 PM

Semo,

I have one that has been in trouble. Arrested in another county. Had a vehicle so someone asked what happened to it.

Well I called and the lady who answered at the Sheriff's Office there started into an explanation of charges and a cash bond.(Which had nothing to do with my question about the vehicle which had a lien on it).

I told her I didn't care if the bond was a dollar I wouldn't bond any of my kids out. If they got themselves in there they can get themselves out. I know it sounds harsh but it makes a believer out of them.

Well you know me.... One of the charges was illegal use of drug paraphernalia so I couldn't resist asking "BTW is there a LEGAL use for drug paraphernalia?" She kind of stammered and said "Wwwell n no" I said "That's what I thought" and hung up. 😎

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 2:04 PM

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 12:45 PM

Rick, The State Attorney Generals office did say with the robo-calls to never push any buttons to try to talk to them because they know you have answered.

The one I referred to above was that Microsoft scam and I tore him a new one! Haven't called back since.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 2:34 PM
  • If the calls are over seas but paid for by Missouri based business or those companies doing business in Missouri, the state should go after them. I got 20 calls one day all from heath insurance companies and people offering to help cheat creditors of their due.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 4:48 PM

It's sooooooo cold outside that the "gangster boys" have pulled up their pants.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 6:25 PM
  • So cold the Secret Service caused a fire trying to stay warm in the barn the Clintons rented to tax payers for secret service for enough to make their house payment. They were so broke when they left the last place. " I don't recall, all those records were lost in a fire, we had an excellent relationship with the agents and this is all a product of years of right wing news media that was against my husband all along."

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 8:53 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 8:19 AM

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 8:53 PM

:-)

:-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 9:16 AM
  • Wheels, Looks like your scheduled for a warm up in a few days.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 10:10 AM

Cannot come a minute too soon.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 12:59 PM

Hillary and Bill must have been cold to start a fire in their home....like the old country song says - There's nothing colder than ashes when the fire is gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clwwxLc0bg8

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 1:18 PM

Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 4:48 PM

OJ,

There are many exemptions to that list. It sucks but there are many who are still allowed to call because it doesn't pertain to them.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Jan 6, 2018, at 2:03 PM

About a week old already but just received this and thought it would be a good share even if it is late. Do it full screen.

https://biggeekdad.com/2011/01/happy-new-year/

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 7, 2018, at 8:16 AM
  • It's so cold I'm gonna let the squirrels eat out of the feeder without turning on the electric fence anti-squirrel wiring.

Sure will miss seeing them fly with no anticipated landing area.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 10:02 AM

It's so cold today that the freeloaders don't have their hands out but have them in their pockets.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 10:25 AM

It's so cold that women can key a car with their chest.

Cleaned it up for here not sure if they will let stay though.😁

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 1:36 PM
  • -- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 1:56 PM

Wheels,

Love that!😂😂😂

They picked a good tune to go by.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 3:22 PM

Iam

The sad part is the song speaks the truth.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 4:47 PM
  • Reckon Wheels feels bad missing out on the cold...... or maybe not. Looks like he be a cool dude for a while too. :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 10:51 PM

Yep, we was doing good until this afternoon and then the wind turned from the North.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 11:45 PM

Since Pelosi is so cold acting, thought this would be a good thread to post this. BTW, all Snowflakes should just FOCUS.

https://www.hermancain.com/pelosi-those-1000-bonuses-are

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 8:56 AM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 8:56 AM

I think Bat S*** Crazy adequately describes Fancy Nancy!

Then there is that other nutcase out there in the Land of Fruits and Nuts..... Maxine Waters.

Oh and I about forgot the one with the runny nose.... Dianne Feinstein.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 11:10 AM
  • So cold this morning I had to open the fridge to warm up the kitchen this morning.

Gonna make beer bread for the beef stew I'm cooking up and the recipe says 'warm' beer. Hope 'sorta warm' works.

I know one can change their legal name but is there a way to change their birthday. Maybe June 13.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 12:05 PM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 4:47 PM

Yeah kinda scary ain't it.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 12:11 PM

Rock,

You want it warm to make the bread rise better. Haven't had beer bread in a while.

Gee thanks now I will have to buy some beer so I can make some. 😉

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 12:15 PM

If your heart isn't warm yet... this will help.

https://vimeo.com/239050403/cdd07b248e

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 9:23 PM
  • That is soo totally like Kra-Kra!

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 9:31 PM
  • Back in the day there was a program to hire unskilled people and the government would pay half their wages, Sounded like a good deal to me so I hired a guy that seemed pretty sharp and willing to learn. That was on Friday and he didn't show up Monday so I called him. He said he could collect more in unemployment benefits so he wasn't taking the job. Not sure how it turned out but I called the employment office person that sent him. Just dam was I a cruel sob! Been feeling bad about that for 40 years!

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 10:10 PM

Old John

Hired the brother of a friend who had just done his 20 years in the army. He was a good guy and stayed with me for a long time. Only problem was trying to get him to understand that we were not operating with the National Defense Budget. He need a different shovel for every different size Air Conditioning Pad when it came to leveling them.

Then I was solicited to hire another army retiree on a shared pay program if we would train him for a new career. He was the most hard headed individual and could always find a new way to screw off. We prided ourselves in running an efficient operation by having all of the days work pulled the evening before and the warehouse guy dropping the equipment behind each truck for them to load and go. We had outgrown that building and had to do this out of one overhead door at ground and not dock level. It came to my attention that it was taking close to an hour to get everybody on the road.

My ex army early to rise was backing his truck up to the building and blocking the door, contrary to instructions, so only one at a time could load up. And he was telling the warehouse guy, he needed a box of screws, them when he had them, oh I need some breakers, etc. etc. and snickering all of the time to the other guys. Look at Gulmer go, referencing the warehouse man.

I was the first man in the next morning and re-explained policy to this clown.... then it came back to me that he had referred to me as a Communist to the other installers.

Somewhere I have a copy of the letter I gave to him explaining that I was not a Communist, but a dedicated Capitalist intent on running a successful business where people had a secure job. And just how insecure his was should this behaviour continue.

His name wasn't Ulrich but he was every bit as obstinate.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 11:01 PM
  • Wheels, What would you think about a guy that was within 15 minutes of finishing a job and looked at his watch and went to the truck to take his break? I fired one of them type guys and still feel bad for being a sob. ;-}

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 11:27 PM

Old John

I understand fully. I guarantee it.

I had one installing a furnace on Halloween Eve and had about 1/2 hours work left to do at 4:00 pm. Told the woman of the house he had to be off at quitting time, (4:30) because he had to take his little girl trick or treating.

And I got a call at home that very evening telling me how displeased this lady was to be without heat that night.

Not only that, it messed up the next day's schedule.

I didn't fire him but I felt like it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 11:44 PM

Wheels & OJ: You guys are too kind hearted....I would have fired those guys that you referred to. I had some women that reported to me and believe me I would have preferred to have guys doing the jobs....now Iamhere and other females I am sorry for the comment but it's true.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:24 AM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:24 AM

Semo471,

I understand your preference in people to manage. Two ladies in an office aren't bad, three can be a problem, if two of them aren't ganging up on the third one, all three are ganging up on you.

I found a remedy for that. Pick the smartest one of the three, give her a title and make the other two answer to her. Solves a lot of petty problems.

Does that make me a male chauvenist pig?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:46 AM

Wheels: Oink Oink

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:57 AM

Our policy at work was to let any temps go before the end of the year or else they were eligible to become full time . My first year as manager I fired a guy on Christmas Eve , the dude started crying because he had 2 kids and a wife . I felt bad about that one for a couple of days , got my pay backs later in life too , what comes around goes around .

That's about as cold as it gets ...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:06 AM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Jan 13, 2018, at 9:23 PM

Where do you come up with this stuff? 😁😁

It sounds about right. I have met some close to that!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:30 AM

Semo,

My oldest would rip you for that. She can pretty much do whatever job a man can. Drove one of those huge trucks in a quarry,Spent years as a Fire Chief. Owns and rides a Harley. Works on her own vehicles and bike!

When men tell her she has ba$$$,she tells them " Thanks! I got them from my Mom! Ours are so big God put them on our chest!"

That's my girl!!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:42 AM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:42 AM

Iamhere: Well, don't show your daughter what I wrote....BTW, I've got 2 daughters.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:58 AM

Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:58 AM

😁😁

She is the one who is most like me. My estranged Hubby's grandmother (who I loved dearly)used to call me Mrs. Goodwrench. I wasn't afraid to get greasy it washes off. Have spent a lot of time helping change motors, pulling transmissions and etc. Can't handle a wrench like I used to but I still work on a lot of my large appliances myself.

Can't crawl under cars anymore or stay bent over under the hood, but I can still tell pretty much what the problem is by listening and or driving a vehicle.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 10:45 AM
  • -- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 10:47 AM
  • Most men and women and men change oil in different ways. She drives to the fast Lube and hands them $50. He drives to the parts store and buys $50 supply of oil a couple of $10 filters and picks up a 12 pack on the way back. He then jacks up the car, drives the truck to the parts store and buys a filter wrench and metric size drain plug wrench. Two hours later he has the oil drained and goes back to buy a bag of oil dry. On the next trip to buy a funnel he gets a DWI.Her way 1 hour and $50; His way all day, overnight and the next day and $15,187.00

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 11:28 AM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:30 AM

Iam. Most are borrowed from fiends I have known for about a 100 years. A lot comes from a guy I hired years ago, who is past retirement but refuses to quit and who still works for the kids in sales. He unloads on Sunday mornings, been doing it since he got his first computer.

This guy is from the Chicago area, Cicero to be specific and is a dedicated Republican who despised the Dailys. I told him one day.... you are the only Republican I ever heard of coming from the Chicago area. My son-in-law piped up with... "alve anyway."

Sorry, I cannot post all that I receive, I would be banned.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 3:39 PM

- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 11:28 AM

Old John, I think that pretty much covers it. Got tired of doing it the Overnight in the Slammer way and tried the Quickie Lube, No relation to any specific quickie. A rubber Plug discovered where the drain plug should be aroued my curiosity. I questioned them about it. Well the mechanic, a loose definition if there ever was one, accidentally cross threaded it and it wouldn't hold, therefore the rubber plug. But they would get a thread chaser and a new plug and repair it. I picked up the car and find a new rubbler plug. They couldn't fix it so we would have to use a rubbler plug. I suggested, I would take it to the dealer and get the oil pan replaced and they could pay for it. They refused. I had it repaired anyway with a new oil pan and forgot about it with one exception. I relate my story to anybody who I know uses that crappy outfit. And I get the oil changed where I buy the car. It is not anymore expensive in the long run. I find that they are very sensitive to what kind of answers I give on the survey the Mother Company sends after service is completed. and no more expensive in the long run.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 4:03 PM

I now go to Plaza T. for that. See a lot of men there who bring theirs in for the same thing. So it isn't just a woman thing guys. It is amazing to see how many MEN can't even change their own oil! Would love to see how many of those could breakdown/ put a tire on by hand. The daughter can if she has too!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:06 PM

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 4:03 PM

Wheels: My dealer gives a free hand car wash with every oil change so my Nissan gets a bath every 4,000 miles.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:10 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:06 PM

I have thrown in the towel some time ago. When I was in business I could use my time more productively elsewhere. After I retired, I really didn't feel like it any more.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:12 PM
  • Iam, When Plaza T charged me $17 to replace a valve stem I used my backhoe bucket to break down the other leaky trailer tire and changed it with ply bars. But then again I can still make biscuits from scratch but find myself buying frozen due to convenience and economics. :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:18 PM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 5:10 PM

So does mine. Inside cleaned and doing the final drying in the pickup lane when I pick it up. Besides since I traded back in April, they furnish me a car to drive for anything I take it in for.

It's a far cry from the days when you dropped your car in with a complaint and they tell you to pick it up and it hasn't been moved from where it was parked. My wife had dropped me off to pick up the car. When I found they had not moved it, I went in and raised 7 kinds of you know what as this had been an ongoing problem. Told them I wanted a car to drive. They said they were out of loaners. I said find one. They gave me the owners company car. When they called and told me that my car was fixed and ready for pickup and please hurry because the owner needed it to go somewhere, I waited until the next day to pick mine up and take his back.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:22 PM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:22 PM

Well played! Don't blame you at all!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:29 PM
  • semo471, We have the same deal but our car was out of warranty when second oil change came around and based on the experience with the last car, I knew I would make an *** of myself if they said I needed a $1,000 recommended maintenance so I did it myself.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:31 PM

I knew I would make an *** of myself if they said I needed a $1,000 recommended maintenance so I did it myself.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 7:31 PM

Old John,

Don't let that bother you, if you get too far out of line, they'll just escort you out to the parking lot.

Wife saw it happen just last night. I had left for the bathroom at this little restaurant, nice, good food, friendly atmosphere and moderate prices. Wife was seated and some guy and his wife came in and the hostess tried seating them. They were pretty full with little remaining seating and this guy gets all over the hostess because he didn't like where he was seated. Don't know the guys title but he was about 6' 3" tall and maybe 30 years old suggested to the guy that he should leave. The guy who had been berating the hostess tells this bouncer type guy that he was 80 year old and.... he didn't get to finish. The bouncer type says, I don't care if you are 100, it would appear you are old enough to have learned how to act in public and you are not verbally abusing the employees and your are leaving as he escorted them to the door.

It was over before I got my hands dried with very little disturbance to other customers as my wife told it.

So don't worry, there is always somebody available to help you in one way or another.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:08 PM

They get a surprise if they tell me I need something else done because I will tell them to let me see it for myself and then I will decide. That's when you make sure your bs detector is working. Some think all women are stupid when it comes to cars and will try to talk you into crap you don't really need.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 8:18 PM
  • Wheels, I'll have to tell you sometime about when I got kicked out of a place when my mouth went off before my brain had a chance.

With the risk of starting something, I later noticed the most inconsiderate people, you know the ones that park right in front of the doors or leave their car blocking you in at the gas pump to go shopping and scratch lottery tickets are more often than not the ones with the Obama bumper sticker still plastered over the fish insignia.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:18 PM
  • Karen. I think it can go both ways, there are real men out there that see a chance to be above and beyond all the bs if they sense a lady is vulnerable and find pleasure in debunking the oversell.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Jan 14, 2018, at 9:28 PM

OJ,

If I am not sure I seek advice elsewhere. I consult someone who I know personally and go from there. It is always best to get the most info. I have several who I can speak with.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 7:47 AM

Use to change my oil and spark plugs as well as other minor car maintenance. However; when the cost of oil and filters from Wal-Mart became similar to what a oil change would cost by others, I went more for convenience especially when I couldn't put the spent oil in the garbage anymore. The motors with all the this and that new things added to it reduced all the working space down to where it took a midget's hands to do the work. I'm down to just changing the air and cabin filters.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 8:58 AM

I'm down to just changing the air and cabin filters.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 8:58 AM

Wait until you're just glad you can still slide under the wheel and drive.

State of Missouri just said I'm still good to go for another 3 years. Why I can remember back when Me'Lange thought my test from 1954 should expire and I be retested for proficiency 4 or 5 years ago.

Shoot this little piece of plastic is all I need to drive...... uh, if I can remember where I put my keys.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 9:38 AM

Wheels: Me'Lange and Theorist gone on these threads but not forgotten.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 9:46 AM

The only difference between an oral and an anal thermometer is the taste..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 11:23 AM

Anybody else get a touch of the crud that's going around ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 11:28 AM

Wheels: Me'Lange and Theorist gone on these threads but not forgotten.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 9:46 AM

No comment! :-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 12:46 PM

Wonder if anyone is having problems with social media....every time I take my laptop outside to post on FB or Twitter it freezes up and the screen is snowy.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 8:15 AM

Today is National Nothing Day - thanks for nothing!

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 8:24 AM

It's so cold the protesters in St.Louis are gone .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 8:50 AM
  • Seems like a good spot for this:

Subject: Age Is Just A Number

Lying around, pondering the problems of the world,

I realized that, at my age, I don't really give a rat's *** anymore.

If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

A whale swims all day, only eats fish, and drinks water, but is still fat.

A rabbit runs, and hops, and only lives15 years, while a tortoise doesn't run, and does mostly nothing, yet it lives for 150 years. And they tell us to exercise? I don't think so.

Now that I'm older, here's what I've discovered:

1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

2. My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.

3. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

5. If all is not lost, then where the heck is it?

6. It was a whole lot easier to get older, than it was to get wiser.

7. Some days, you're the top dog, some days you're the hydrant.

8. I wish the buck really did stop here; I sure could use a few of them.

9. Kids in the back-seat cause accidents.

10. Accidents in the back-seat cause kids.

11. It is hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

12. The world only beats a path to your door when you're in the bathroom.

13. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.

14. When I'm finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play chess.

15. It is not hard to meet expenses . . . They're everywhere.

16. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

17. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . .I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm "here after".

18. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

19. It is a lot better to be seen than viewed.

20.. Have I sent this message to you before...or did I get it from you?

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:15 AM

Rock: Very good - words of wisdom such as I can't remember now.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:20 AM

Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:15 AM

😁😁

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:40 AM

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:15 AM

Some of these kids are going to think you're making a funny. I can relate.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:43 AM

Wheels,

I can relate to that. That's what makes it funny!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 9:48 AM

It is 61 degrees here in Gulf Shores, Alabama. An hour from now it is supposed to be 60 degrees and all down hill from there on, with a low of 21 degrees at 7:00am tomorrow. That has been revised down from 24 degrees as of yesterday.

Same crap for tomorrow. But back up to 64 Saturday.

So I suppose I will use the warmth right now to prepare for tonight.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 11:02 AM

I think this relates to Rock's earlier post.

https://1funny.com/my-get-up-and-go-pete-seeger/

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 12:17 PM

It's so cold that Freezing temperatures breaks thermometer in world's coldest village at -62C

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/oymyakon-world-coldest-village-russia-si...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jan 16, 2018, at 2:32 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: