Speak Out: Commander Premier: The Final 24-48 Hours.

Posted by gman on Mon, Jun 29, 2009, at 6:06 PM:

Mega,

Well I could not resist the urge to comment. Yes I am waiting with bated breath on this one as well. Gee the 1st of July is sure approaching fast and no one in the local political world seems to be addressing this little payment issue. At least not in a PUBLIC forum.

I have heard from several folks that where formerly from this area that read the missourian on line every day. They have even asked how can this happen on a bankers watch. I wonder if his bank participated in the TARP program. Does anyone know? If so maybe he can "lend" that money to the good folks down at Premier.

But hey happy sunshine days are ahead. Cape was wise enough to put this monthly "payment" into their budget for 2009-2010 and every thing will work itself out.

This is like me going out and buying a $60,000 car and trying to explain to Mrs. Gman that hey don't worry about it. We will be hitting the lotto any day and this will all be taken care of. Ha!

Replies (16)

• I'm not holding my breath especially since the city has floated the idea that the county or a tri-county group take control of the airport...In short Cape is going to be left holding the bag and the tax payers get the shaft...

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 8:26 AM
  • I hope the county sticks to its guns and does not buy into this money pitt. I had heard that the mayor was thinking about running for the county commisson. Tax payers of Cape county had better pay attention to what is happening in Cape. Do you realy want the county to go down the same road as the city?

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 9:39 AM
  • Premier should just do what the Great State of California is going to be doing tomorrow and just issue a IOU on a piece of paper.

This is just like those two characters did on the first Dumb and Dumber movie and and just put all "expenses" on a piece of paper with IOU and put it in a briefcase.

I would think any good local banker would see the good intentions behind such a move. It would take a big heart but I think there are some bankers around that would understand.

Not having any luck with Mrs. Gman on the car deal from my earlier post.

But hey happy sunshine days are here to stay.

-- Posted by gman on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 4:39 PM
  • End of another day. Just watched the local news and guess what, no news yet! I wish I could go this long with out making house payments. Maybe I should re/fi with the mayors bank. I'm sure he will let me put off paying him 5 or 6 months.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 6:23 PM
  • 9:52 and no news from the newshounds at the missourian. Guess I will have to save my celebration fireworks for tomorrow night when the BIG time rock and roll event happens with the anouncement of happy days are here again with their first payment posted to the Cape's account.

-- Posted by gman on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 9:54 PM
  • Mega,

"I believe the taxpayers of Cape Girardeau should take matters into their own hands and form (formal tea parties) and take signs and paper airplanes made from dollar bills, and go to City Hall..."

As King of this idea, will you personally lead us, your noble servants, to City Hall? Give us a date and time so we can plan on it!!

-- Posted by observant1 on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, at 11:35 PM
  • Not yet but, everyone in the county is about to get a big bill for this....When is the tea party?

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Jul 1, 2009, at 3:25 PM
  • Mega,

Yes I to feel violated as well. Here I went out and bought a load of fireworks from local business's to celebrate this "deadline" that was going to be resolved by today.

Now as I lift my head slowly out of my hands I have the stark realization I will now have to go home to face Mrs. Gman on the fireworks expense.

To add insult to injury I will then have to follow up with my pityful explanation of how I trusted a banker/politician that everything was going to be okay and we where going to have a celebration because happy days are here again.

Then I will have to hide my brochure I received from the dealership today on my $60,000 (see earlier post) sports car.

Oh and the children, yes the children. They will be very disappointed to because I had to postpone the celebration last night to tonight since there was no news as of 9:50 pm.

OH the shame of it all!!!!

-- Posted by gman on Wed, Jul 1, 2009, at 4:31 PM
  • Still waiting for mega to give the info on where to meet for the protest...come on, you're a real leader!

-- Posted by observant1 on Wed, Jul 1, 2009, at 6:13 PM
  • Mega,

Come on now! Don't let this protest be another idea of yours that leaves you hiding behind a keyboard. This is your time to shine. In all honesty, you name teh day and time and I will be there with friends and signs.

-- Posted by crackpot on Wed, Jul 1, 2009, at 9:53 PM
  • Hopefully, the Council meeting will once again be broadcast on Ch.5 cable. IIRC, last week - only the blue screen of death was seen, the week before that - a re-run of the week before.

-- Posted by fxpwt on Mon, Jul 6, 2009, at 5:37 PM
  • I did not see anything on the news last night and there is nothing in the paper today.

Meg, What happened at the council meeting did the citizens of Cape get their money back?

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Tue, Jul 7, 2009, at 10:03 AM
  • All this 'stank' & you didn't go to the meeting? geez...

-- Posted by Turnip on Wed, Jul 8, 2009, at 10:46 AM
  • btw, MeLange, are u making fun of me (again)?? ;o)

-- Posted by Turnip on Wed, Jul 8, 2009, at 10:47 AM
  • Megalo, why do you always resort to name calling? You are so immature.

-- Posted by Turnip on Wed, Jul 8, 2009, at 11:26 AM
  • ~oflmao~

For Gosh sake's, calm down...your aura ain't lookin' so good. And I'm the one who is easy! (lol) My point was if you are goin' to talk the talk, then you should walk the walk. Perhaps it's you that should refresh your memory:

Here's a quote from your thread:

"Anyhow; as a taxpayer, MY CLOCK is ticking. I'm expecting to read something from the Missourian on or before the end of the working day on July 1.

If not, I believe the taxpayers of Cape Girardeau should take matters into their own hands and form (formal tea parties) and take signs and paper airplanes made from dollar bills, and go to City Hall and Commander Premier and protest until we have financial resolution."

Are you a taxpayer? or did you just mean everyone else. Perhaps that's why Cape is sooo out of control, it's always everyones elses responsibility. Just a thought. btw, I not only keep up with my city's issues but if/when a problem arises, then I follow it thru. Perhaps the last meeting was closed but I'm fairly certain there has been a few since this whole mess began that were not. For the record, now I'm being persnickity. (snark, snark, wobble, wobble)

-- Posted by Turnip on Wed, Jul 8, 2009, at 1:15 PM

Respond to this thread