Speak Out: Speakout 4/20/17

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 7:09 AM:

Get united

It appears to me as though there are now two different classes in Society of the United States, the Democrats and the Republicans, the Reds and the Blues. With each passing day these classes grow more divided, the people turn their self against each other for their own selfish reasons instead of being American.

Animal care

This comment is directed to parents. Please, do not go out and get a puppy or a kitty just because your child has decided he or she wants one. Whatever you may think, animals are not disposable! Each pet has its own set of requirements and you must think long and hard if you can meet those requirements. Cleaning out a litter box is important to the health of a cat and if you do not want to do that, then don't get a cat whether you have a child begging for one or not. If you don't want to walk a dog every day, then forget about getting a dog. Once you get an animal it is your responsibility to take care of that animal. I am so tired of hearing about someone trying to re-home an animal because their child has decided they don't want the animal after all.

Replies (89)

• Get united.....de'ja vu the 1850's era of America

Animal care.....animals in America get better care then millions of children world wide .

Cards 2 , Pirates 1

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 7:15 AM
  • April 20, 1861 - Robert E. Lee resigns his commission in the United States Army. "I cannot raise my hand against my birthplace, my home, my children." Lee then goes to Richmond, Virginia, is offered command of the military and naval forces of Virginia, and accepts.

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 8:28 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 8:51 AM
  • Meant to post this here, but messed up. My, my, my. Certainly quiet around here.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 9:42 AM
  • Meant to post this here, but messed up. My, my, my. Certainly quiet around here.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 9:42 AM

Where did you mean to post it ?

Make some noise !

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 12:42 PM

Get united: Don't forget about the news media who is surpose to be Independent but leans towards the Democratic side.

Animal care: Don"t forget to have your pets spayed or neutered.....ouch.

And that's the way it should be....Thursday April 20, 2017.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 1:28 PM
  • Tennessee teacher accused of kidnapping student is arrested in Northern California; girl found safe

A former Tennessee teacher accused of kidnapping his 15-year-old student has been arrested in Northern California, and the girl was found safe, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Thursday.

Authorities have been searching for weeks for Tad Cummins, 50, who was wanted on allegations of sexual conduct with a minor. He has been accused of kidnapping 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas. Amber alerts were issued in Tennessee and Alabama, and Cummins was listed on the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation’s 10 Most Wanted list.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tennessee-tad-cummins-20170420-story...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Apr 20, 2017, at 2:36 PM
  • Married man fakes hijacking threat to avoid trip with girlfriend

-- Love can be tricky, especially when you're a married man with a child and you've got an online girlfriend who wants to go on vacation.

Police in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad arrested 32-year-old Motaparthi Vamshi Krishna on Thursday for allegedly sending a hoax email about an aircraft hijack plot.

According to a statement by Hyderabad police, in the email, which was sent to Mumbai police on Saturday, Krishna claimed to be a woman who had overheard six men plotting to hijack planes in the cities of Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai the next day.

http://www.3newsnow.com/news/national/married-man-fakes-hijacking-threat-to-avoi...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 7:47 AM

Get United

Fly Delta or American or a carpet or even a broom!! Anything except United!

Animal Care

People really should wait until a child is older before getting any pet. If they are too young they can end up hurting them unintentionally and it is more like animal abuse although it isn't meant to be. They are just too young to understand.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:17 AM

Get United

Actually should have stayed on topic but couldn't resist!😁

Anywho we do need to stop the fighting amongst ourselves. When a country starts a lot of infighting that is usually when something happens due to being focused on the fighting instead of paying attn. to business at hand!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:23 AM

Good morning Ms Jones

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:29 AM

Morning Sunshine! I believe it is Wheels?

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:32 AM

Going to let you guess about that for awhile. More fun that way. 😎

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:40 AM

You know what is to stop someone from starting a new account using a friends plastic to pay and still not using their real name?

I still think Rust made a mistake by not asking subscribers for their opinion.

As I stated earlier though I was honest about my life so I really shouldn't have panicked at first. Some however aren't who they seemed but that is their business.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:46 AM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:40 AM

Rick was right about some can be identified by their verbiage. I have to say I don't miss the Dump On Trump daily. Seriously doubt that miccheck will be back and Theo will try to change her way of posting. Believe I know who Dug is but not sure why he is hesitant to post. Greywolf just told it like it is and still does even though he has come under fire for revealing his real identity. Got to give him credit for not backing down.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:55 AM

Ms Jones,

Perhaps, but if they get caught their posts get deleted.

And after all those posts carry more knowledge than the encyclopedia. 😊

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:58 AM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:58 AM

Please call me Karen. Ms Jones makes me sound old. Although I am not young but still.😀😀

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 10:16 AM
  • Quite frankly, it is a joy to see intelligent responses here without the daily apology demands and being told you are a liar because you happen to disagree with someone's opinion.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 1:56 PM

Posted by Donna Runnels on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 1:56 PM

Isn't it nice to also not have to read a daily hate rant against all things Trump? Also gone is the daily name calling of duped and snookered and the mean,rude remarks and attacks.

Peace! Isn't it wonderful? Yes!!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 2:10 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 10:16 AM

You're Theorist correct?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 2:49 PM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 2:49 PM

Oh He** No!! You should know better than that! I hope you weren't serious!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 3:17 PM

Found this on the No pseudonyms comments and found it interesting.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chilling_effect

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 3:26 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 3:17 PM

MicCheck2??

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 3:43 PM

Wheels you are easy to ID. You pop right up on google.

I know that you have been truthful also about yourself. Your business is listed and you have been a Consultant since 2000 and were Pres. from 1963-2000.

You know who I am and it isn't either of them.

As I told Rick Iamstillhere. LOL!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 3:54 PM

Dang Google, keeps me from having any fun.😊

I was just kidding you, I ssa you first post and knew who you were, my next question was going to be are you Ms Joens sister.

Ok, was your Dad's name Les?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 4:20 PM
  • The first time I started posting, my brother called and said it sure was easy to know who you were by the screen name.:)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 7:17 PM

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 7:17 PM

Knowing what I do, I can see why your brother would recognize you. 😊

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 7:30 PM

Anybody else notice a conspicuous absence of a couple of posters?

Would that indicate a lack of power of conviction for their positions?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 7:34 PM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 4:20 PM

Jones is my married name. I am from KY. originally. Just have my estranged hubby and kids and some grandkids as far as the Jones family goes. Not much left of the line.

Who is R.W.Bess? I was thinking that the David Schaefer was Semo after he posted what Semo always does at the end of all his S O posts.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:19 PM

Would R. W. Bess be rocknroll by chance?

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:24 PM
  • Karen, I like the Ralph game of guessing. Could R.W be the Real Wheels? No there is only one of him and one of me but I have sometimes wondered about that sock puppet term and just what it means.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:25 PM
  • Would R. W. Bess be rocknroll by chance?

Many long time folks from the area have an idea who rocknroll is. I think he is the real deal when it comes to saying what he thinks. This is fun, I am not rocknroll.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:34 PM

They have to tell you I cannot do that. But I grew up about a 3 wood down the hill from the Grandparents of a Karen Jones. Barely knew her older sister and did not really know much other than who she was. Just curious. I thought Jones was probably your married name, but do run onto relatives and acquaintances in the strangest places.

Genealogy is a hobby of mine and names are a big part. Always looking for a connection. Found a 4th cousin from Holland who was in St. Louis doing some research. It appeared we had a relative in common, but did not realize it came down to cousins. rather than through perhaps someone married into the family with no direct relationship other than that.

Hoping the kidding didn't bother you. :-)

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:35 PM

R.W. no I knew Wheels right off. Just as you say there is only one Wheels.😁

Some will be easy to ID because of their way of posting. I look for Theo to try to claim she isn't Theorist. She had got out there since the election and probably is a little embarrassed by the way she acted and treated others.

Miccheck may not show up either due to the real question of his/her sex. We will just have to see.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:38 PM

Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:35 PM

I knew you were kidding.

I also have done a lot of genealogy. Haven't worked on it for a while. It can become very time consuming especially when you find a link you have been looking for.

One of these days when I get rich I am going to do the DNA test. I am stuck and it looks as though that is the only way to kick start it again. 😁

Off for the night! Play nice! Maybe if I sign off Theo will come out to play.😋

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:47 PM

Wheels: The reason some folks are missing is that most are just sock puppets of one or two folks.

Iamhere: I did my standard sign off on S.O. to see if anyone would catch it.

IMO, the new policy of the paper was due to the Russians hacking the paper.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:54 PM
  • I can give another hint. When I was in school I did well and enjoyed English class and was pretty good at spelling, but for some reason my vocabulary is limited and now my spelling abilities have long got up and gone. Sometimes my vision prevents me from proper editing of my posts but I know the difference between then and and than. I'm a pretty open guy except for one deception I allowed to continue. I'm in the phone book and was once on the front page of the paper. Give me a call. :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:58 PM
  • It's a dam good thing this rag of a website made it mandatory to add 'Scaggs' so posters would know who 'Rick' is . Methinks this Rust dude got got by his advertisers , it's all about the money . Be careful what you wish for , you just might get it...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:31 PM
  • As us Liberals say , "Ahh , that smell of middle fingers in the air.."

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 9:34 PM

The other day I received an email with a whole litany of how you can tell a redneck.

One of those was you can tell you are a redneck if you use a toilet brush for a backscratcher.

Bingo, I just remembered somebody gave me one as a gag gift and I stuck it on the shelf in the closet in the extra bedroom which I use for an office. Yep it was still there with the tag still on it. By golly I will see how it performs. It is great. Now it is on my desk where I can grab it at the slightest itch. Guess I must be a redneck.

And the manufacturer certainly subscribes to truth in advertising. It says Multi Purpose right on the little tag.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 10:02 PM
  • Yeah , a red body is even worse .

This ying-yang changing the rules after all the years makes a person wonder what's up . My blood type and DNA is on the Government data-base if he needs it .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 10:10 PM
  • Rick, Over the years these forums have proved educational and entertaining. I have learned the best way to get rid of an old push mower and what proper precautions to take when changing the ceiling fan bulbs. LOL I have also learned that there are other people out there oh so different but the same all the more. You make more sense than you give yourself credit for.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 10:37 PM
  • "...the Dump On Trump daily."

It would seem appropriate to more clearly explain or define what that means.

What about reprinting one of his "tweets," or quoting exactly what he has said, is that "dumping on Trump?"

If so, it would appear to most that he's doing it to himself. In any case, this question and whatever answers or comments it may generate, would more appropriately be moved to the to the "Trump - Growing with the Job" thread (which by itself begs more questions.)

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 7:48 AM
  • I can give another hint. -- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 8:58 PM

OJ?

:-)

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 9:14 AM

There is a cartoon in Today's Editorial Cartoons that I think all should complain to the editor about. I juat did. It regards O'Reilly grabbing etc. If I continued I would have my post pulled or worse.

I think the Editorial Staff should be held to the same standards we are.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 11:55 AM
    Response by Jon Rust, Publisher, Southeast Missourian:
    The cartoon was removed. I agree. It was inappropriate for our web site.

Welcome aboard Doug.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 11:58 AM
  • -- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 11:58 AM

Thanks!

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:03 PM

Looks like most legal folks are back on here, only the sock puppets are missing.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:08 PM
  • OJ?

:-)

-- Posted by Doug Williams on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 9:14 AM

See, That wasn't so difficult! :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:12 PM
  • David, I suspect one is back, maybe two.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:19 PM

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:19 PM

R. W.

So long as those socket puppets are using their puppet masters real name as we are, I have no problem with them. If they trying being cute with their real names, it will come out in the end.... I am confident of it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:29 PM

Response by Jon Rust, Publisher, Southeast Missourian:

The cartoon was removed. I agree. It was inappropriate for our web site.

Thank you Mr. Rust. For my part, I will try to watch more closely what I post.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 2:48 PM

Hmmmmmm must have planted their golf ball plants too close to their potatoes.😂😂😂

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/35217769/ua-push

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:36 PM

Posted by Doug Williams on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:03 PM

And you are??

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:41 PM

Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 12:08 PM

What about Theorist and miccheck? I don't think Theo was a sock puppet not sure about mcchicken.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:46 PM

Glad you guys are back! I wasn't going to renew next month if no one came back. It was just way to dull without you guys. Now we are back in business.

Maybe we can start on a fresh slate and have no more of the mean and rude remarks and no more attacks. Fingers crossed!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:53 PM
  • And you are?? -- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:41 PM

Just a simple conservative who loves his country. :-)

-- Posted by Doug Williams 4/24 on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:53 PM

Uh I just noticed that miccheck became mcchicken in my post.

I didn't type it that way so it must have tried to correct me. Sorry about that.

It always tries to make Semo into Semi when I post that.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:57 PM

Posted by Doug Williams on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:53 PM

Why do you guys want to be so difficult?😎 This is as bad as the pseudonyms. Still don't know who is who unless you tell us or we wait to see how you respond then it is still guessing.🙄

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:07 PM
  • Just me , I believe Theorist is reading .

"miccheck" claimed to be posting and working at the same time , using their real name might put them in a bind , the boss could bust them for goofing around on the job .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:08 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 3:46 PM

Iamhere: Always thought they were the same but could be wrong.

Drivers in the Denver area are sure friendly.....they are always honking their horns and waving at me.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:26 PM

Yeah Rick I also believe she is reading. I am doubting her participation now since she has to use her real name. She was always real evasive about her life so she may not be comfortable revealing her real identity. I think that is the main issue with quite a few.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:28 PM

Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:26 PM

Are they using NASCAR sign language? 😂😂

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:30 PM

Well Semo I always had a feeling that you and rock were the same but I was wrong I believe.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:36 PM

Well I see Common has been identified on the other current thread.

Still haven't seen anything of the dynamic duo MicCheck and Theorist.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 5:37 PM
  • I wonder if some of those North Eastern big city people have been eating taters and golf balls for a while now. Could be related to that brain malfunction called liberalism. :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 6:48 PM

- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 4:36 PM

Iamhere: I am only myself.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Apr 22, 2017, at 10:21 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 7:09 AM
  • We don't inherit Mother Earth from our Elders , we borrow it from our Children .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 9:05 AM

Mother Earth has had growing pains for millions of years and will survive till God decides differently.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 7:20 PM
  • Mother Earth , the Skies , and Waters , have been here forever , they are gifts to everyone .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 7:54 PM

Posted by Donna Runnels on Fri, Apr 21, 2017, at 1:56 PM

Miccheck2 I do believe. What happened? Cat got your tongue?

Since Theorist is blocked that would just leave you since your comments are still here.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 8:08 PM

Miccheck we are all starting with a clean slate. You wouldn't be the only one who wasn't what they portrayed. Just leave it in the past.

Same with Theorist.

Some of us were honest about our lives and some for whatever reason pretended to be someone they were not.

It is done. The jig is up so if you choose you both know where to find us.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 8:45 PM
  • Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 8:08 PM

Are you questioning if I am Miccheck2? The answer would be a resounding no.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 8:37 AM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Apr 23, 2017, at 8:45 PM

After some of their posts, it is questionable that either will have the intestinal fortitude to expose their identities.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 9:32 AM

Posted by Donna Runnels on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 8:37 AM

Would you like to enlighten us to your former pseudonym? Just asking.

Sorry didn't mean to offend you. Your remark made me think of them. Like I said we all have a clean slate so we should try to start from here.

Even if you are Theorist the same still goes. The ball is in your court.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 9:54 AM
  • Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 9:54 AM

My remark made you think of them? The 2 who almost daily called people liars and demanded apologies? Your "cat got your tongue?" remark was rather catty, IMO, but no biggie. I am neither of them. I don't spend a great deal of time here on the weekends as I have WAY too many other things occupying my time. So, if I don't respond by Friday afternoon/evening, chances are it will be Monday.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 10:16 AM

Donna,

It wasn't meant to be catty. It was meant more in fun. Sorry you took it that way. Should have clarified as it is hard to tell intentions in written forms at times. I could have taken yours that way but hope that wasn't what was intended.

Don't want to start this way.

Hopefully we can now have conversations without the harsh, rude rhetoric on here that had become the norm rather than the exception.

People can disagree without calling names and such. It will still get intense at times because we are all different and are passionate in our beliefs but in the end you have to respect that their feelings can be just as strong for their beliefs as our own.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 10:32 AM
  • Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 10:32 AM

I'm good. Just so discouraging to think that anyone would mistake me for "one of them." LOL.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 12:54 PM

Girlfriend and I will heading back to SEMO this afternoon.

-- Posted by Donna Runnels on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 10:16 AM

Donna: That was Mic2's time for making comments, so a person could think that you were Mic2. I personally couldn't care. I will treat others as they treat me.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 2:34 PM

Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 2:34 PM

Wishing you and girlfriend a safe trip back!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, Apr 24, 2017, at 4:04 PM
  • I'm here. At least occasionally. I was KingsKid.

I really can't be around much drama. MS does a number on ones nerves.

-- Posted by Elizabeth Lee on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 12:06 AM
  • It's good to see your post again ☺

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 12:50 AM

Posted by Elizabeth Lee on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 12:06 AM

Must have been before my time. It should be better now as the 2 who created the most drama haven't resurfaced. It is unlikely that they will due to the way they conducted themselves.

Welcome back and hope things are better!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 10:12 AM
  • Adam & Eve have belly buttons in every picture , think about it .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 4:12 PM
  • FCC head unveils plan to roll back net neutrality

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai on Wednesday revealed his plans for rolling back net neutrality, one of the most controversial items up for consideration at the agency.

"We applaud FCC Chairman Pai's initiative to remove this stifling regulatory cloud over the internet,” AT&T said in a blog post. “Businesses large and small will have a clearer path to invest more in our nation's broadband infrastructure under Chairman Pai's leadership.”

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/330703-fcc-head-unveils-plan-to-roll-back-n...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Apr 26, 2017, at 4:20 PM

Seems the students are now in charge of U.C. Berkeley.

They say who can and can't speak there now. What exactly is the Dean and all of the others there for?

What? Are we going to have another Kent State? They seem to be getting out of hand! Who is going to stand up to them?

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Apr 27, 2017, at 5:53 PM
  • Karen, Liberals are always for free speech they agree with.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Apr 27, 2017, at 7:52 PM

OJ, They allow free speech as long as they approve of what is being said.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Apr 28, 2017, at 10:49 AM

Respond to this thread