Speak Out: Ron Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll

Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 7:58 AM:

"Ron Paul wins almost a third of the vote, crushing the establishment candidates."

"Ron Paul's cult will follow him to the ends of the Earth."

"But yes, we have been invaded by loons."

"The big loser is Sarah Palin."

The Warfare Party is getting The Fear.

http://race42008.com/2010/02/20/cpac-straw-poll-results-2/

Replies (64)

• -- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 8:05 AM
  • Hey, Wheels stop worrying. Ike is back. Get a load of his latest assault upon the English language!

Can you make sense out Sateva's comment? Can you imagine Lumpy being part of any cult? Impossible!

Well, it took James Nall to summarize. Afraid he's close to the mark.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 9:45 AM
  • Sateva. I did read it. Even went back the second time and re-read it.

I like Ron Paul's positions, but I prefer Mitt Romney. Ya know, we could get Huckabee to submerge old Mitt in a 50 gallon barrel of water and make him a Baptist. Or find a Bishop someplace to perform a Confirmation on him and make him an Episcoplalian.

Either might work. Baptists are as numerous as a swarm of bees. Nobody knows enough about Episcopalians to be controversial.

Palin can return to Alaska and hunt elk, bear, or salmon. Well, she's good at something.

In the end, it won't matter much who gets the nomination. Whoever gets it is going to beat Obama in 2012 right good.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 11:26 AM
  • voyager, I don't think you offended any religion by what you wrote and I'm sure Mitt wouldn't take offense to your belittling his beliefs by your statements. Probably just satire.

We get it voyager, no matter what Obama does...he can't do anything to please you or Rush...we've all known that since the election (even before). If/when he does something to please you/Rush, it will be denied, because that would not serve the conservative agenda (even if Obama's action is best for the country). I promise you, we totally understand where you are coming from as its been clear from the start and every time you write here, you reinforce our understanding of that fact. You'd rather see this administration fail than to see our country succeed...we get it!

Could write this about several posters here...aleady have about Wheels.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 12:29 PM
  • Could write this about several posters here...aleady have about Wheels.

-- Posted by Richardd on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 12:29 PM

Count on this son.... we are not going away because you would like it to happen.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 12:33 PM
  • Hell, I don't want you to go away bub, you provide a lot of Rush-like entertainment.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 12:50 PM
  • I just like watching Republicans squirm.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:06 PM
  • sateva, I almost split a gut on that one...it sure is a mess out there.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:15 PM
  • Wheels, please tell me if I stepped on someone's tender toes. I try hard to be an equal offender opportunist and an equal mocker of the pompous.

My stepfather was a Baptist. It was utterly impossible to offend him. I'm an Episcopalian, and I don't feel offended.

Ike, you are a jewel in the crown of creative English usage. "Paleoconservative, corporatist gangsters, talibangelicals!" ****, you ARE good. Anyway, welcome back! Did you go someplace?

"Talibangelicals!" My hat's off to you. I resign; I can't top that!

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:21 PM
  • Voyager,

If you stepped on someone's tender toes, I suppose they will eventually learn to pull them out of the way. Just takes longer for some than others.

Ike.... well I was beginning to wonder if someone pushed him off the Allenville bridge. It appears to be a favorite spot for that kind of thing remembering back on some of the earlier posts. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:31 PM
  • Voyager,

I forgot to comment on the religion thing. Shoot I'm a mackeral snapper myself. If one cannot look at one's self, job, religion, position in life and a host of other related things and see humor, they might just be found floating down the creek beside a sack of cats.

How was that again? Something to the effect that taking yourself too seriously could be the first signs of an onset of mental instability. Something like that, and someone else said it first, just don't remember who.

Now before the animal rights folks get all bent out of shape, we have been down this road before. I am advocating nothing.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:39 PM
  • "squirm baby squirm" - it is entertaining!

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:45 PM
  • Ron Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll

Posted by lumpy on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 7:58 AM:

That is hilarious Lumpy. Reading some of the comments on that web site made it seem like the Dr. Paul backers were holding the other CPAC attendees off at gunpoint so they couldn't vote for any of the perpetual war candidates like the Reverend Huckabee and Mitt Romney.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 1:45 PM
  • sateva,

Wow I can feel the love coming from you! Do you hate all people that believe in God, or do you discriminate?

Lump,

Since Pres Obama okayed the Afghan surge, is he now the leader of the Warfare Party?

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:18 PM
  • Wheels, do I take it a mackeral snapper is a Roman Catholic? Well, we've just about offended a whole bunch of PC bluenoses today. Let's not leave anybody out.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:23 PM
  • I had a great Aunt who said God just had to have a terrific sense of humor or he wouldn't have created man. I think he sprinkled in a few Liberals just to keep the whole thing churning.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:29 PM
  • Quoting from this site, "we could get Huckabee to submerge old Mitt in a 50 gallon barrel of water and make him a Baptist. Or find a Bishop someplace to perform a Confirmation on him and make him an Episcoplalian.

Either might work. Baptists are as numerous as a swarm of bees. Nobody knows enough about Episcopalians to be controversial."

I don't think anyone should "use" religion just to get a win. And that is what I find the conservatives doing - bending and twisting to get the vote. If one believes, religion needs to be honest and not "used".

I know its "satire". But is that fair when only one side is ALLOWED to use satire without being condemned?

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:40 PM
  • You take it correctly voyager. I'l do my best to not leave anybody out.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:40 PM
  • Wheels, do I take it a mackeral snapper is a Roman Catholic? Well, we've just about offended a whole bunch of PC bluenoses today. Let's not leave anybody out.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:23

"PC bluenoses" is funny coming from someone who got so bent out of shape when talking about DS. I guess you get to decide what is PC and what is not and who should be offended or not. Keep up the entertainment...I'm stuck in the shop all day.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:48 PM
  • I am no fan of the Republican Party, but I have to say that they don't have a lock on using religion for political purposes. Democrats use the religion card as well.

Every time Bill Clinton was confronted with one of the many allegations of his sexual improprieties, he would clutch the largest family Bible his staff could find and run off to be with the nearest black church congregation the following Sunday morning. There in front of the ever present T.V. cameras summoned to record his sorrow and pain at being "falsely" accused, Clinton would bite his lip and nod his head in agreement at the pastor's sermon or sing and clap with the adoring choir.

Not long after Clinton's "spilled seed" was proved to be on Monica' little blue dress and after his subsequent confession to the public, the "repentant" Clinton sought spiritual atonement, confession, and counseling with the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Years later, Jackson admitted that at the same time he was counseling Clinton, he was making secret payments from his tax-free Rainbow-Push Coalition to a former groupie with whom he had fathered a love child.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 2:55 PM
  • Good shot there, Ike. Now lets give all our devotion to the Constitution of the United States. Some folks would like to make it into a religion. It is, after all, they claim, a "Living Document." I just hope we don't have to wait for its Death and Resurrection at some time in the future.

Now I gotta get "fixed" up and take little Trig for his weekly visit over at the Health Care Center. For those who came in late, his name Trig is an anagram for Terribly Rambunctous Italian Greyhound. He's as therapy dog.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 3:25 PM
  • sateva,

Gov. Mike Huckabee was correct in granting Maurice Clemmons clemency.

Clemmons was sentenced to 103 years in prison for the crimes of theft, burglary, robbery, and a handgun charge. None of the crimes involved pointing weapons, or inflicting bodily harm on another individual, and he committed these crimes before he was 17 years old. He served 11 years before then Gov. Huckabee granted him clemency, which actually made him eligible for parole. The parole board subsequently freed him.

In this country, we still punish individuals for crimes that they have committed, not crimes that they might committ.

V'ger,

My daughters' voice teacher has three therapy dogs. What a wonderful program! Thanks for using Trig for such a positive purpose!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 5:53 PM
  • Ron Paul... lol...

-- Posted by futile_rant on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 6:07 PM
  • Lumpy: You ought to see Trig when I ask him if he wants to go see his girlfriends. When we get off the elevator, he knows he's "ON!" He has as prance and gait that would do a Tennesswee Walking House proud. Of course, by now the entire staff knows and greet him.

He will stop at every patient in sight that indicates they want to pet him. What is truly amazing is he knows the exact amount of familiarity given to each patient. So we make our rounds. He brings such joy into the live of those who haven't much life left. He is particularly good with those with disabilities.

Perhaps you would understand my impatience, even anger, with those who attack Sarah Palin by using her poor little Trig. I do not accept their protestations, evasions or excuses. They have placed themselves beyond the pale.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 6:41 PM
  • Funny Ike, but no human is perfect, therefore we Christians strive to be "in the world, but not of the world." However, since we are not completely perfect we do fail sometimes.

Just wondering, what additional short-comings do Christians have that you don't?

What do you believe in, Ike? Do you believe in the Constitution of the United States? If you do, then you MUST follow every single law passed by Congress, right? Because they were given the power to make bills into laws by that Constitution, and the law was not vetoed by the President, so it passed. You do follow every single law ever passed by Congress, right? Even the tax laws!

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 7:03 PM
  • John J, in defense of Ike, we are obligued to protect his right to proclaim whatever brand of Atheism is his choice. On the other hand, he is equaslly obligued to protect our rights to proclaim whatever brand of religion we choose. If this is not fundamental, none of us are safe from persecution.

I shall never forget attending a self proclaimed atheist's death, At the end the awful look of terror on his face and in his last breaths screaming over and over "I see the fires of Hell!" Draw your own conclusions.

Not me, something is missing in their psychological makeup, more to be pitied than condemned. But still, they draw my anger.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 8:12 PM
  • Ron Paul lol, sure his campaign is gaining steam, but by the time he can get 60,000,000 votes he will be dead. He has been pushing his agenda for 20 years and still can't capture 1,000,000 votes... it will be another 20+ years before the Libertarian Party will even be a viable party... if then.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 9:29 PM
  • F.R. it is really not about getting elected so much as it is a continuing education of the people in the campaigning process. Most Americans knew zero about the Federal Reserve before Dr. Paul came along. Ron Paul predicted years ago what we are experiencing in the current depression.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 10:58 PM
  • We all would do well that Obama came literally from nowhere and through clever packaging and catchy, meaningless slogans captured a nomination and eventually the Presidency. So what do we now discover? He's an inept empty suit. And still some people cling to him.

What is to say that some virtually unknown may repeat the same path although of a different political persuasion. Ron Paul might be such a person, but probably not. No charisma outside his base believers. Appearance of a tired old man.

What about the young fellow Rubio from Miami? Attractive, magnetic, new, fresh, different political persuasion from the incumbant. It could happen. Point is while 2012 is approaching faster than we may realize, 2010 is upon us and has our top priority. Its a safe bet, however, some are looking farther into the future...and planning.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 11:23 PM
  • "We all would do well that Obama came literally from nowhere"

What????

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 11:34 PM
  • Ron Paul... lol...

-- Posted by futile_rant on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 6:07 PM

Another great thing about Ron Paul - he gives Democrats that not so fresh feeling too.

At the 2008 convention all news agencies made it known if there was any violence, cursing at people, or throwing things it would be Paul supporters.

-- Posted by Not Me on Sun, Feb 21, 2010, at 6:15 PM

The old media is a good little lapdog state mouthpiece now isn't it? They do their job so well, and it is obvious that there are still individuals that still think of the old guard media as something legitimate.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 4:47 AM
  • Now simmer down, Ike. The Constitution guarantees and proclaims your natural right to practice (or not in your case)the religion of your choice. Therefore, it is safe to say this is a nation of citizens a majority of whom choose to identify themselves as Christians.

The Constitution is neutral on the subject of religion. It does not follow that citizens are neutral.

I wonder why this nonsense keeps coming up. Just stay home and worship the Sun God, if you want. So long as your practice does not violate the same rights of others.

I don't think human sacrifice would be looked upon with favor.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 9:44 AM
  • Also, where in our strictly interpreted Constitution are fictional entities, such as corporations, afforded the protections of the bill of rights, such as the freedom of speech?

-- Posted by Ike on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:12 AM

Excellent point,I totally agree.

Why aren't corporations punished when they break the law like individual citizens are? When a corporation is "convicted" of knowingly killing people with lethal products or services they should be not just fined, but completely dissolved and restructured. I believe the corporate officers should also be jailed when they knew or should have known their company killed people.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:31 AM
  • Also, where in our strictly interpreted constition are fictional entities, such as corporations, afforded the protections of the bill of rights, such as the freedom of speech?

Ike,

Since in your opinion corporations are fictional entities, how can they be taxed?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:33 AM
  • Because Wheels they are assessed a"fictional" tax to be paid by a "fictional" currency as declared on a "fictional" voluntary tax form.

But then again, Ayn Rand's ATLAS SHRUGGED is just a"fictional" book, composed of created "fictional" characters reacting to "fictional" situations in "fictional" ways.

Yes, I see, the horrible situation in Washington today is really only "fictional".

Now I understand.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 1:09 PM
  • I will withhold any more comment until Ike explains it to me. Having run one of those fictional entities for a good number of years, I would like to know if there is any chance the fictional entity could get a refund of taxes paid. Oh and I know about the statute of limitations and three years. But there is no limitation if fraud exists. I would like Ike's opinion if or not the Government defrauded my corporation.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 1:16 PM
  • Also, where in our strictly interpreted constition are fictional entities, such as corporations, afforded the protections of the bill of rights, such as the freedom of speech?

Ike,

Fictional entities. Interesting. A corporation is hardly fictional. And yes Ike, I know they can be and are taxed. But if they can be taxed, would you deny a corporation the right to have a voice in how much that tax rate can be raised to. I know they cannot vote, but their money can be used to influence just as any person, union or other entities' can.

You could consider this just another manner of speaking.

I thought taxation without representation was one of the issues our country was founded on. Yet you want to deny representation to a corporation.

And "They are not people or animals, have wheels. Dense..."

Ike neither is your automobile a person or an animal, but it is hardly fictional. Both your automobile and the corporations were created by men.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 4:28 PM
  • I think what Ike meant is corporations are not people but treated as if they were. At least that is what I interpreted and agreed with.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 4:40 PM
  • Info Warrior, if corporation in law are treated as people, they should have the same rights under law. We might ask Ike if he has even been a court where as civil lawsuit is being tried. If the case is decided against the corporation, who is assessed the damages and who pays it? The decision ain't "fictional."

The Left is really against the Supreme Court decision. They have enjoyed ever since the Sherman Antritrust Act a superior advantage over corporations. The Lilluputians were able to tie Gulliver down. Now they fear Guliver unshakled.

They don't like the fact the wealth of this country is created essentially by corporations, large and small, and now the corporations are free to use that wealth in their own defense.

Listen for the Leftwing Lilliputians yell for "Fairness." Fair to whom?

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 6:03 PM
  • Voyager do you always have to be the arrogant, pompous, a..? You've got to be the biggest loser to have to pump yourself up here and seek approval. Gee whiz man.

Hey, I'll give up this name so you can have it. That way everybody will know and you won't have to work so hard to prove it.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 9:04 PM
  • Corporations have always been expected to exercise strict fiduciary duties for their stockholders. Now that the Supreme Court has determined that corporations can donate money freely toward political activities, they must carefully consider what they are getting for their money. Obviously, corporations are required to generate the best profits possible for their stockholders and cannot spend money frivolously. So even in the case of political contributions, they would have to be sure that they are obtaining a positive return on the investment. Therefore the object of making a contribution has to be to receive something back (quid pro quo) in the form of favorable legislation, elimination of taxes, reduction in regulation or some sort of similar political action that has a discernible financial value.

One of many dictionary definitions of a "bribe" is "anything given or serving to persuade or induce." Other definitions include references to "corrupt" behavior, but it is not an indispensable element. Since the Supreme Court has ruled that this manner of bribery is now legal, it may be advisable for our members of Congress to have to wear Corporate Patches (similar to NASCAR drivers) so everyone will know which politician belongs to which corporation.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 9:38 PM
  • If businesses were not ficticious, why do they have to file a ficticious business name request with the local Department of Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office???? :)

-- Posted by Pups on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 10:38 PM
  • Iamsmarter... By all mean, please keep the name. You have to advertise that you are smarter than anyone in the room. I have no need to do so.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 10:44 PM
  • Hot **** - thank you for making my point! laughing.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 10:47 PM
  • If businesses were not ficticious, why do they have to file a ficticious business name request with the local Department of Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office???? :)

-- Posted by Pups on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 10:38 PM

Pups,

I believe you will find that is for sole proprietorships that use anything but the owner's true name, and maybe partnerships, I don't remember that one. I believe the law requiring it is called the Fictious Name Act and is a State Law in Missouri.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:34 PM
  • Common,

A bribe is what took place with Senator Nelson from Nebraska to get him to vote for the health care bill. What you are attempting to call a bribe would make every political contribution given by any person, corporation or union a bribe.

Think things out before you let your fingers do the walking over your keyboard.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:38 PM
  • Common,

As far as that talk about fiduciary responsibility, there are a couple of things. A corporation can be as simple as husband and wife incorporating their business, being the sole stockholders and each holding two positions of officerss. If you have ever been married you will understand the husbands fiducial and marital responsibility is to his wife and her's is to do as she damned pleases. :-)

And if you watched the larger corporations you know they strictly worry about the stockholders, with those hughe bonuses they manage to pay themselves.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 22, 2010, at 11:47 PM
  • "would make every political contribution given by any person...a bribe"

That's absolutely incorrect. When I contribute to a political party or candidate, I do not expect any financial gain in return. Corporations do!!!

"Think things out before you let your fingers do the walking over your keyboard."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 6:32 AM
  • Anyone would be a better alternative, even Ron Paul.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 8:19 AM
  • "would make every political contribution given by any person...a bribe"

That's absolutely incorrect. When I contribute to a political party or candidate, I do not expect any financial gain in return. Corporations do!!!

"Think things out before you let your fingers do the walking over your keyboard."

Common,

Getting people, me especially, to believe that when someone forks over money to a political party, they are expecting nothing in return..... is going to be a very hard sell!

Here is what you posted on the definition of a bribe: "One of many dictionary definitions of a "bribe" is "anything given or serving to persuade or induce." Other definitions include references to "corrupt" behavior, but it is not an indispensable element."

Nothing was said about financial gain, although most of it does translate to financial in today's world. If you gave to a politician because you believe he/she was going to help improve the job market and you would get a better, more secure job, you are getting financial gain.

By your definition you would be offering a bribe!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 9:30 AM
  • There is a world of difference between a contribution to improve the job market in order to get a better job, and a contribution so a politician hires you or your company directly. One is a bribe and one is not.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 9:43 AM
  • I see Common,

There is a double standard in your thinking.

Your definition says "anything" given or serving to persuade or induce. Anything is key.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 9:47 AM
  • James,

Maybe they are getting tired of us dividing up their money... biting and snarling as we do it. Just to make sure we all get our share.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:26 AM
  • Wheels,

Actually I think it is required in all states, but I could be wrong. I know it was required in California. Had to do the paperwork for a boss one time.

Though would think by now you knew I was just jabbin at ya. :)

-- Posted by Pups on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 3:59 PM
  • Wheels,

**** "my share". I just wanna keep what is mine!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 4:05 PM
  • Lumpy,

Yes I agree keep what is yours and don't steal what is you children and grandchildren's.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 6:18 PM
  • Pups,

I am sure there is some kind of registation in all states.

In Missouri you must register a corporation once a year, but not under the fictious name act. It has been so long that I do not remember if you have to re-register a sole proprietorship each year or not.

An interesting point also, if you intend to dissolve a corporation, it is the easiest thing in business. Simply do not file when the time comes and the state will dissolve it for you. No work on either side, it just ceases to exist.

Yes, I had the feeling you were jabbing at me.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 6:26 PM
  • Cool beans, Wheels!!

-- Posted by Pups on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 7:30 PM
  • Yes, except the young of tend to lean towards Paul do it for weak reasons. Through school & work most

-- Posted by futile_rant on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 2:30 AM
  • That's absolutely incorrect. When I contribute to a political party or candidate, I do not expect any financial gain in return. Corporations do!!!

But I bet you expect an even playing field, and having who you support support you. I would hope any company that gives me a job pays attention to issues and communicates to elected officials what is helpful or harmful to their business - and my job. A certain amount of this huffing and puffing is justified, no doubt. But don't forget the full intent of the First Amendment. Lobbying is democratic - fraud and deception is not.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 7:28 AM
  • Yes, except the young of tend to lean towards Paul do it for weak reasons. Through school & work most

-- Posted by futile_rant on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 2:30 AM

futile_rant,

I guess that I don't catch your drift. Can you please elaborate? Thanks!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 10:35 AM
  • As a paleo-conservative, I was glad Ron Paul got such a good vote. My vote would have gone to Chuck Baldwin, Constitution Party candidate for president in '08 and a columnist. http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

I think Paul's win in this straw poll indicates an element of reactionism within conservatism. We are tired of the status qou. We are tired of career politicians masquerading as conservatives and then voting for spending bills and big government once they've been Washington long enough. It's time for conservative Republicans to act like real conservatives and vote for real conservatives.

-- Posted by swift on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 1:15 PM
  • swift,

Don't paint yourself into a corner with labels. Libertarian, paleo-conservative, conservative, classical liberal, anarchist, minarchist, anarcho-anarchist, constitutionalist, objectivist - all labels which may or may not bring along with them the baggage and all of the prerequisites of "the movement".

One thing that I have found is that all of the individuals that identify themselves as belonging to one or more of these groups have one thing in common - a burning desire to be the master of their own destiny.

You sound like a young individual that did not meet the age requirement to vote in the last presidential election - I may be wrong. I urge you to continue to read the writings of Ron Paul, and to support his legislative efforts by urging your Congressman to consider co-sponsering his bills, in addition to voting / supporting freedom hungry candidates in your area that may be running for a political office in this election year.

Visit - http://www.yaliberty.org/

You may find like minded, young individuals.

Welcome to the blogs! I am kinda old and slow; I have never noticed you posting on here before. Take care of yourself, and beware of Romulans bearing gifts!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 6:13 PM
  • Yep, Grandfather said beware Democrats or Republicans, let alone Greeks, come bearing unearned gifts. He said you were just setting yourself up for a pickpocket.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 6:42 PM

Respond to this thread