- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
In October 1904, 58 plaster reproductions of ancient, Medieval, and modern works of art were gifted to the Third District Missouri State Normal School, now Southeast Missouri State University, by Louis Houck.
They were the works of artist August Gerber of Cologne, Germany, who won a gold medal for the collection at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis. The collection was installed by Gerber in Academic Hall in 1905.
Free-standing statues, relief sculptures and busts comprised the collection.
The statues remained in Academic Hall until 1959. They were moved to locations around campus due to space requirements. The collection found a new home in 1976 at Memorial Hall in the University Museum. The collection was moved in 2007 to the Aleen Vogel Wehking Alumni Center.