- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The first all-Cape Girardeau Works Progress Administration project was the surfacing of streets in the Alta Vista residential district in the Oliver Heights Addition near the college. The work began Nov. 16, 1935, when this photo was taken by G.D. Fronabarger.